We’re gonna have a karate kicking contest. Me versus you, straight up.
我们来场空手道对决吧 就我跟你 一对一
Oh, God.
哦 天哪
It’s not fair. That is not…
这不公平 这真的
Hey.
嘿
You can’t buy these pita chips anymore. They’re way too spicy.
你可不能再买♥♥这些薯片了 太辣了
I’m getting my nose watery and…
辣的我要流鼻涕了
Over a half million children are currently in foster care.
现在有超过五十万的寄养儿童
The system is overloaded, okay?
系统超载了 知道吗
It doesn’t need any more kids.
不能再接收更多孩子了
So for a child to be removed, conditions have to be pretty bleak,
因此 孩子必须得转移 而且生活条件更差
usually involving abuse or extreme neglect.
通常包括虐待或者被极端忽视
And some of these kids can often languish in the system,
他们中的一些更是变得憔悴
unless a wonderful family like yours steps up for them.
除非有更多像你们这样优质家庭的参与
We’ll step up. We’ll take one right away.
我们一定参与 我们现在就要带走一个
Perfect. Let me go check in back, see what we have in stock.
好极了 我们现在就去登记 看看我们的存货
She is kidding, of course.
她当然是在开玩笑
We do not stock.
我们可没有库存
And you know that.
你们懂的
But we can take you through the eight-week foster parenting course,
我们可以带你们学习八周的收养家庭课程
and you can get your certification.
然后你们就会得到资格证
And then we can pair you with some kids that you can foster
然后我们就会帮你们与一些寄养孩子配对
until they become adoptable.
直到你们领养成功
But it is not gonna be easy, folks.
但这可不简单哦 大伙儿
These kids will test your will,
这些孩子会测试你们的意愿
put a strain on your relationship,
给你们的关系制♥造♥压力
and push buttons you didn’t even know you had.
一不留神就会被淘汰
I can tell by looking at you that not all y’all are gonna make it.
我敢当你们面说并不是所有人都能做到
I actually think this group has got the grit to face some unpleasant..
事实上我想你们应该有勇气面对这些不快
Excuse me. Y-You guys heading out?
打扰一下 你们这就走啦
Yeah. Okay. Well, thank you. Bye-bye.
是 好吧 谢谢 再见
All right, that one’s on me. It absolutely is.
好吧 怪我 很明显是的
We’ve gone over this before. We have.
我们之前也有过类似经历 是的
This is a problem. It’s a problem.
是个问题 没错
Okay, everybody, why don’t we learn your names
好的 各位 不如我们来了解下你们的名字
and what type of children you’re looking for.
以及你们中意那种类型的孩子
Oh, hi.
哦 你好
We’re Dana and Dirk McCann.
我们是戴安娜 和 迪克 麦坎
And the Lord has guided us here
是上帝指引我们来这
to adopt a baby boy… or a girl.
来收养一个小男孩 女孩也行
Yeah, the big guy, he’s blessed us with so much. Mm-hmm.
是的 上帝一直在保佑我们 嗯哼
We’d just like to share it with a child that needs a home. Yeah.
我们就想与孩子分享一个家 是的
What about over here?
你们呢
I’m David, and this is my wife, Jessie.
我是大卫 这是我妻子杰西
And we’ve been trying to have a baby for three years now.
我们为了孩子已经努力三年了
But no matter what we do, I… I can’t…
但不管我们怎么做 我就是不能怀上
I’m sorry. Can someone else go? It’s okay.
不好意思 能直接轮到下一位吗 没关系
It’s okay. Well, I’m Kit and this is Michael.
好的 我是基特 这是迈克尔
We’ve also been trying to conceive now.
我们也在努力要孩子
Pretty much since the first night we met, right?
大概从我们第一次见面开始 对吧
That is correct. We’re just not having any luck.
没错 我们只是不太走运
We’re looking for a child of any gender
我们想收养一个9岁左右的孩子
or ethnicity up to nine years old.
不论性别种族
Hello. My name is October Ross Jennings.
你们好 我是十月 罗斯詹妮斯
And I would like to be the single mother
我想做个单亲母亲收养一个
of an athletically gifted teen boy
有运动天赋的青少年
who I can help to reach his full Division One scholarship potential.
我能激发他获得全一级奖学金的潜力
Preferably African-American.
最好是美非混血
Mm-hmm. Right?
嗯哼 好的
Like The Blind Side. Like the movie. Right? That’s great.
就像电影 弱点 是吗 真棒
Honey, she’s not joking.
亲爱的 她不是在开玩笑
A-Are you jo… You’re not joking? My God. I’m so sorry.
你是在开玩笑吗 天哪 对不起
I just thought ’cause of the gay guys’ conceiving joke that we were…
我以为还在跟着那俩基佬的怀孕梗开玩笑呢
I mean, that is the plot of The Blind Side, so…
我意思是 这是电影 弱点 的剧情啊
I’ve never seen it. So, please, it’s your turn. Just do not talk to
我没看过 所以 拜托 到你了
me anymore.
别再说我了
Yeah, she’s nuts.
嗯 她发飙了
I’m so sorry. I feel terrible. I, uh…
对不起 我感觉很糟
So, my name’s Ellie. Hi. This is my husband, Pete.
我叫艾莉 你们好 这是我老公彼得
Uh, yeah, I mean, I’m not too sure about any of this.
额 是的 我意思是我还不是很了解这个
I mean, I get it. We adopted our dog Meatball, and we love him like
我是说 我明白 我们收养了一只狗 我们爱它到
crazy, but…
发狂 但
Don’t compare kids to dogs. I’m not.
别拿孩子跟狗比 我没有啊
I’m just saying there used to be a stigma about getting a dog from
我只是说过去从动物收♥容♥所♥领养狗是一种
the pound,
耻辱
but now they’re called rescue dogs and everybody wants one.
现在称作拯救狗狗 而且每个人都想要一个
Don’t say “pound,” don’t say “dog.” Just don’t.
别再说 收♥容♥所♥ 狗狗 了
Okay, no, that’s not…
好的这并不是
It’s just all of this is a little scary, right?
只是有点小担心对吧
But maybe if you call them rescue kids… Oh, my God.
可能你们称其为拯救孩子 哦 天哪
…instead of foster kids, more people would be into it
来代替收养 这让更多人能容易接受
and people wouldn’t walk out in the middle of your seminar
这样人们就不会在你的研讨会中途离开
and it’d be good for your program. Pete! Pete!
这对你们的项目更有帮助 彼得别
I’m just saying… Just stop it!
我只是说 别说了
Oh, everyone, our guest speaker of the day,
看呐 各位 这是今天的演讲嘉宾
Brenda Fernandez and her parents.
布兰达费尔南德斯和他的家人
Let’s make them feel welcome.
让他们感受你们的热情吧
Hey, thank you.
嘿 谢谢
Hi.
你们好
So, when I was eight years old,
当我八岁时
my mom and her boyfriend decided it would be a good idea
我妈和她男朋友决定
to build a meth lab in our garage.
在我们的车♥库♥建一座制毒工厂
They made me deliver drugs for them.
他们逼我为他们贩毒
They abused me physically, and some of their customers abused me
他们虐待我 有些客人也会
sexually.
对我实施性♥虐♥待
Uh, when I was 11, our garage exploded,
我十一岁时 我们的车♥库♥炸了
and I was put in the system,
然后我就到这来了
bounced around from placement to placement.
从一个地方到另一个地方
Pretty soon I was 14.
很快我就十四了
Nobody wants a teenager, so I’d be aging out in a few years.
没人想要个十几岁的少年 过几年更大了
The thing is, over half the kids who age out of foster care
事实就是一般的孩子都超过了收养年龄
end up homeless, addicted, incarcerated, or dead within two years.
最终就是无家可归 染毒 或者没两年就死了
That was gonna be me, trying to start my adult life,
轮到我了 我尝试开始我作为成年人的生活
but with no family to help me pick a college,
但没有家庭愿意资助我上大学
nobody to come home to on the holidays
节假日也无家可回
or cry to when my first boyfriend dumped me for Missy Howard.
为第一任男友劈腿而哭泣
But then those two… very special people came along.
但这两位 非常特别的人出现了
And I didn’t make it easy on them.
而我并没有和善的对待他们
But no matter how hard I pushed them away,
但无论我如何赶他们走
they were always there with a sack lunch and a ride.
他们总是带来午饭并带我兜风
Thanks, you guys.
谢谢你们
Come here, Daddy. You too, Mama.
到这来爸爸 还有你妈妈
That was good.
真棒
I am so sorry about the Blind Side comment.
我为之前关于 弱点 的不当言论道歉
I love the movie.
我爱这部电影
Bye, Brenda. Great job. Amazing. All right, Kit, bye.
再见 布兰达 干得不错 很棒 好的 基特 再见
Dirk. We’ll see you in the classes, buddy. Bye, guys. Hey.
德克 课上再见 大伙儿再见
So now you think we’re special enough? Maybe we are.
如今 你觉得我们足够特殊吗 可能吧
I mean, this is what we do.
我是说 这就是我们要做的
We see potential in things, we fix ’em up. Like they did.
我们看到事情的潜在因素 搞定它 就象他们
They find this kid in a state of disrepair,
他们在这孩子 年久失修 的状态中找到她
they give her a new coat of paint, scrape off her emotional popcorn
给她漆上新漆 刮去情感屋顶的
ceiling,
无用纹理
install some countertops in the form of love or self-esteem, whatever.
安装上爱与自尊的工作台
I’m not saying she’s a house like the way I said the dog thing in
我并不是说她像一个房♥子 就如我形容狗
there,
那样
but I think we’re perfect for this.
但我想我们会很适合做这样的事
But she’s really… she’s not a house, Pete.
但她真的 他不是一幢房♥子 彼得
I just said she’s not a house. Are you listening to me? Okay. No,
我说了她不是房♥子 你在听我说吗 当然
I am.
当然在听
I’m so exci… Are you excited?
我很兴奋 你呢