也难免让人有些意志消沉
It becomes a little bit demoralizing.
你就会情不自禁地想
You start to look at things and say:
也许我永远也不会像我当初以为的那样
“Maybe I’m never going to do these things with my life
未完成的游戏原型
去做我想做的事了
“that I thought I would.”
然后有一天我就想
Then one day, I said:
我要去做一件事 并且一定做到底
I’m going to make something that I actually finish .
于是就有了《时空幻境》
And that became ‘Braid’.
花了我三年 但还是做完了
It took three years, but I finished it.
最具革新性的游戏肯定就是《时空幻境》了
One of the biggest breakout games would have to be Braid.
《时空幻境》是一款非常有趣的游戏
Braid is an really interesting game because
其所取得的巨大成功令我感到吃惊
I was surprised it was as successful as it is.
广受赞誉 综合57篇评论
XBLA史上评分最高游戏
《时空幻境》打破游戏设计陈规
《时空幻境》已为开♥发♥者带来巨额收益
巨额收益
这款游戏对独♥立♥游戏圈产生了极大冲击
It was a big hit for the independent community
因为帮乔纳森·布洛赚了许多钱
as one that generate a lot of money for Jonathan Blow.
这游戏的设定非常奇特
It’s a very odd setting
许多玩家并不十分理解
and a lot of people aren’t quite sure what it means.
从没有哪款游戏能像《时空幻境》
Nobody had played a game that was like Braid
这样处理时间元素
that did what Braid did with time before.
《时空幻境》的核心就在于
Really what made Braid work is that
“扭转时间”机制 也就是”倒♥退♥”机制
the ‘Time Changing’ mechanic, the ‘Rewind’ mechanic.
显然从游戏性的角度讲非常好玩
Obviously, from a gameplay perspective was a lot of fun.
但其背后也包涵有隐喻意义
But it also had this metaphorical relevance as well.
它讲的是一个奇怪又与众不同的爱情故事
It’s telling this strange, out of order story, and it’s a love story.
这样的剧情在游戏当中并不常见
And it’s not something you normally see in a game.
主角看着像个预科生
It’s about this little preppy boy.
我总觉得他穿得像个预科生
He always looks like a preppy to me.
他在记忆中往来追寻某些失落的东西
Who has lost something and is working through these memories
而这些记忆也随之不断变化
that change as he keeps playing.
剧情的世界和游戏的世界
The fictional world and the game world mechanic
这两套机制结合得非常完美
those two work hand-in-hand very very well.
真抱歉 公主关在另一座城♥堡♥里
《时空幻境》一开始是几个不同的想法的综合
So Braid came out of the confluence of a couple of different ideas.
我当时正在给朋友们发邮件
I was on a mailing list with some friends.
其中一个正在玩
And one of my friend, he was looking at
《波斯王子 时之沙》
‘Prince of Persia: Sands of Time’
《波斯王子 时之沙》
一款本世纪初发♥售♥的游戏
which was a game that came out in the early 2000s.
里面有一种”倒♥退♥”的能力
And it had this ability to ‘rewind’.
但不能随意使用 这一技能
But it was limited. You had a certain number of charges
只能使用几次
that you can use.
一旦机会用尽
When you ran out of those,
那时一旦失败 就不能再倒♥退♥了
then if you got killed, you couldn’t rewind anymore.
你就必须得重新读档
You had to reload the game,
这过程很折磨人
which was this painful process.
然后我的一个朋友就说
So one of my friends said:
为什么不能像录像机那样
Why not do it like a VCR,
可以随意快进快退
where you can rewind anytime you want?
但当时谁都没真的试过
But nobody in that discussion actually tried it.
所以我就说 我好像有灵感了
So I said: Okay, I’m feeling inspired.
我就以这个点子为起点 认真做做这个游戏
Let me start this idea for this game I’ve been kicking around.
然后我大概花了一周的时间
And I spent about a week working on it
做了一个原型
and I had a prototype.
说起来很是让人惊奇
That is really kind of amazing.
如果你把这个初始版本和成品比较一下
If you look at the prototype, and the final game,
成品中的许多创意
a lot of the ideas from the final game
其实在初版里就有了
were actually in that prototype that we are done in the first week.
初始版本 最终成品
我已经构思好了三个世界
So I had the first three of the worlds.
虽然还没有完成
I mean not fully built out worlds.
但游戏机制已经基本成型了
But the game mechanics were there.
比如说时间倒♥退♥
For rewinding and
以及哪些物品不受时间倒♥退♥影响
rewinding with things that are immune to rewind.
还有时间空间联动
And for time and space being tied together.
你的位置也会随时间的进退而进退
So that time changes as you move.
我还为这几个世界设计了不少谜题
I had a number of puzzles that showed at worlds,
有一半都留了下来
Probably half of them are in the final game,
几乎没做修改
in recognizable form.
对我而言 在系统设定下
It was very low effort, on my part,
设计有趣的内容很简单
to do something very interesting within the system.
所以我就觉得 太赞了
And I was like: ‘Wow’
一开始我们只是且试且行
It started as process of experimentation,
但很快就变成了一个探索的过程
but then it quickly became a process of discovery.
就好像守着一座金矿
It’s like if you are sitting on top of a gold mine,
但是根本不用深挖
but you don’t even have to dig.
扫一下浮土 就能发现金子
You just scoop some dirt and there’s a little chunk of gold.
然后你再挖一点
Then you scoop some more dirt…
这样最辛苦的环节就变成了
The most laborious part of the process is
把大块的金子收集起来运走
actually picking up these heavy chunks of gold and moving them.
总之这是一次非常奇妙的设计体验
So that was an amazing design experience.
《时空幻境》是史上最受欢迎的游戏之一
这段时间 他一般都会在北卡罗来纳州
Most of the time, he’s back in North Carolina, as it has.
远程工作 而我就在我的电脑上工作
Working remotely. And I’m here working from my computer.
这个游戏的开♥发♥方式与我之前制♥作♥过的游戏
The way this game has developed has been very different
差别非常大
from other games I’ve worked on.
在过去10年里
埃德蒙设计了25款Flash游戏
《超级肉肉哥》将是他的第一款大型游戏
我们经常交流想法
We bounce ideas off each other.
不只是关于游戏的想法
Not just gameplay ideas,
更多的是笑话 许多没节操的笑话
but more jokes. Jokes that get out of control,
然后一股脑儿做进游戏里
and push their way into the game.
这写着”编码编码编码 呃呃呃呃”
It says: ‘Code. Code. Code. Durrrrr!’
我的喉结没那么大 你得了吧
My Adams’s Apple is not that big! Stop!
你看 你看
Yeah look, look.
我不如再画把刀上去
What if I put a knife in it.
瞧瞧 就差刀把没插♥进♥去了
Look at that. It’s totally injected all the way in.
看见这针了吗 再画个锤子把针往里捶
See the needle? And then a hammer hits the needle in deeper.
《呕吐小魔怪》
我此前一直试着想找出底线所在
My whole life has been about trying to find where boundaries are.
看看我在惹出麻烦之前能有多大发挥余地
And see how far I can push them before I get in trouble.
我现在也在这样做
That’s what I’m doing now.
这让我很兴奋
That’s what’s exciting to me.
就好像如果我不这么做的话 我会无聊死
I just felel like if I’m not doing that, I’m bored.
如果我无聊的话 我就很难有创造力
And if I’m bored, I’m not being creative.
《旋转》
《三角怪》
我做的游戏都是以我的生活为蓝本的
I make games that center around my life.
包括那些我喜欢的事
The things that I like,
还有我的思考 言语 行动
the things that I think, say and do.
我想 我做游戏就是为了自我表达
I make games to express myself, I guess.
很难说我对圣克鲁斯是什么感受
It’s hard for me to talk about Santa Cruz
因为我从没在别的地方住过
because I never lived anywhere else.
是个很普通的地方
It’s just ‘normal’.
我在这长大
I grew up here.
我妈特别喜欢海滩
My mom was obsessed with the beach.
所以能住在圣克鲁斯是她的梦想
It was always her dream to live in Santa Cruz.
所以 我们都得跟着她住在这里
So, that’s where she forced us to live. I don’t know.
我在这长大 好像全城都在玩滑板和冲浪
I grew up here. It was like a skate and surf town.
但我两个都玩不来
I never got into either.
我就宅在家里 玩玩游戏 涂涂画画
I stayed in the house, played video games and drew.
怪物
Monsters.
我只画怪物
I only drew monsters.
都是诡异的东西
I drew weird shit.
我画过一个小孩 体内藏了个怪物
There’s a drawing of a kid, with a demon inside of him,
想挠破他的身体逃出来
scratching to get out.
埃迪 你是不是
又该看心理医生了
三年级 我的老师建议去评估一下
In third grade, my teacher recommended that I be evaluated.
我的心理状况
Psychologically evaluated,
因为她觉得我心理有问题
because she thought I was mentally disturbed.
我妈妈就说
My mom said:
“不 他是个画家 他只是喜欢画画”
‘No, he’s just an artist. He like’s to draw.’
我儿子心理
健康得很
然后我老师说
And she said:

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!