古巴
Cuba.
“古巴”在美国怎样发音?
So, how do we say “Cuba” in America?
“库巴”
Cuba.
你来干什么?
What are you doing here?
这是不是公民课? – 是的 可以进来坐吗?
Isn’t this the citizenship class?- Yes. – Can I sit in?
额满了
It’s full.
古巴 – 谢谢你
Cuba. Cuba. Thank you.
好…
Okay,
我有个问题问你们
I have a question for you, Lucy.
你有什么想跟我们分享吗?
Excuse me. Is there something you’d like to share with us?
我只是说你很了不起
I was just saying that you’re an amazing woman.
而且…
And…
美丽
beautiful.
还有才华
And talented.
而且我为她发狂
And I am crazy about her.
你惊人的点子真多
You’re full of surprises, aren’t you?
我拼命地尝试
I’m trying like hell.
也许你应该走了
I think maybe you should go.
你要我走吗? – 不要
You want me to go?
很好的人!他们要美国梦
Nice people. They want the dream.
今晚他们亲眼见到美国梦了
They saw it in the flesh tonight.
你脸上有粉笔灰
You have chalk on your face.
我有东西给你看
I have something I want to show you.
我不知道你喜欢大狗还是小狗
I didn’t know whether you liked big ones or little ones.
你们好漂亮
Oh, you’re so beautiful. Come here.
我没有时间做别的事
I didn’t have much time to do anything else…
但是 这是个开头
but… it’s a start.
跳舞好吗?
Dance?
我该走了
I should go.
记得年轻的时候有一次
I remember once when I was young, I was coming back from someplace.
看完电影坐捷运回家
A movie or something. I was on the subway.
有个女孩坐在我对面
There was a girl sitting across from me.
她穿一件有钮扣的洋装
She was wearing this dress that was buttoned…
一排扣子到这里
clear up right to here.
她是我见过最美丽的女孩
She was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen.
我很害羞
I was shy then.
所以当她看我时 我会看别处
So when she would look at me… I would look away.
然后我看她时 她也看别处
Then afterwards, when I would look back… she would look away.
然后到了我下车的站
Then I got to where I was gonna get off.
我下车 车门关上
Got off, the doors closed…
列车开走时
and as the train was pulling away…
她正眼看着我
she looked right at me…
给我一个甜美的笑容
and gave me the most incredible smile.
我好懊悔
It was awful.
我想扳开车门
I wanted to tear the doors open.
我每晚同一时间回去 连续两周
I went back every night, same time… for two weeks.
但再也看不到她
But she never showed up.
那是三十年前的事
That was 30 years ago…
时光流逝 我没有一天不想她
and I don’t think there’s a day that goes by… that I don’t think about her.
我不想让这种事再发生
I don’t want that to happen again.
只跳一支舞
Just one dance?
(我说过我爱你吗?黛安娜)
约翰凯吉 我要和你谈谈
I want a word with you, Gage.
你不知道我和黛安娜有个秘密
See, what you don’t know is, we got a secret, me and Diana.
我们是攻不破的
We’re invincible.
黛安娜 我要和你谈谈
Diana, you’re so fucking beautiful.
明天谈会比较好
Maybe tomorrow would be better.
明天谈会比较好 你以为…
Maybe tomorrow would be a better time?
约翰宝贝 我有个建议
Hey, I got a suggestion for you.
你那个图腾… “葛蕾芬”
You know that emblem you got? The gryphon? The eagle?
就是那只鹰 我认为不好
I don’t think that’s a good idea. I got a better idea.
我有更好的主意
Shall I? – It’s all right.
改杜♥鹃♥如何?
How about the cuckoo?
因为…我跟你讲一下…
You know? Because… I’m talking to you for a second.
杜♥鹃♥是很有趣的鸟 它自己不筑巢
The cuckoo is interesting because it doesn’t have its own nest…
强占其他鸟巢 毁它们的蛋
so it moves into other birds’ nests and it destroys their eggs.
大卫 别闹了!
David, stop. Just…
你不爱我了吗?
You don’t love me anymore?
我说过我爱你吗?
Have I ever told you I love you?
晚餐愉快
Have a nice dinner.
你进去吧
Go inside.
我们把他抬上车
Got him?
你入了建筑系后有很好表现
You’ve done a lot since USC.
班中第一名
First in your class…
获得AIA奖、罗马奖
AIA award, Prix de Rome.
为何要屈就这职位?
Why would you want this job?
我要工作
Well, I want to work.
大才小用
Overqualified.
没关系 你剥削我吧
Fine. Exploit me.
要做伟大的建筑家 必须有热情
Great architecture is only gonna come from your passion.
但这不代表你一定有工作
And even that won’t assure you a job.
路易士干… 穷死在宾州车站的厕所里
Louis Kahn died in a mers room in Penn Station…
好几天没有人认领尸首
and for days no one claimed the body.
看看那个 美不美?
Look at that. Is that beautiful?
有钱的人没有掉泪
The money men did not weep…
因为伟大的建筑家难以应付
because the great ones are impossible to deal with.
他们是眼中钉 因为他们知道
They’re a pain in the ass… because they know that if they do their jobs properly…
他们一生只要做对一次
if they just this once get it right…
就可以使人类的精神 更上一层楼
they can actually lift the human spirit… take it to a higher place.
这是什么? – 砖头
What is this? A brick.
好 还有呢?
Good. What else?
武器
A weapon.
路易士干说砖头也想出人头地
Louis Kahn said even a brick wants to be something.
砖头也想出人头地
A brick wants to be something.
它启发灵感
It aspires.
连一块平凡的砖头
Even a common, ordinary brick…
也想做不平凡的事
wants to be something more than it is.
砖头也想不平凡
It wants to be something better than it is.
我们应该有这种感觉
That is what we must be.
星期五见
See you on Friday.
砖头也想出人头地
A brick wants to be something, huh?
它一定不想当律师
I’ll bet it doesn’t want to be a lawyer.
你来干什么? – 我想念你
What are you doing here? – I missed you.
我也想念你 – 谢了
I missed you too. Thanks.
你好吗? – 我很好 正在努力振作
How you doir? – I’m good. Getting it together.
她要离婚
She wants a divorce.
她要自♥由♥…
She wants her freedom and…
如果你不抗争就可得到一切
if you don’t contest it… you get everything…
那块地、那笔钱都给你
the land, the money, everything.
她在哪里?
Where is she?
大家好
Hi, everybody!
大家好 我是比利康诺利
Hi, everybody. I’m Billy Connolly. Good- bye, everybody.
你们也许纳闷 为何要坐在烈日下
You may wonder what you’re doing here…
闻动物园的臭味 太过分了
sitting in the sun as the smell of the zoo wafts past your nostrils.
你们在此 因为你们有钱
The reason you are here is because you are loaded.
我多么开心见到那么多人
But may I say how brilliant it is to see so many with an interest…
有兴趣保护濒临绝种的动物
in the preservation of endangered species.
每年我们都会这样募捐
Every year we have this unique way of making money for the cause.
我们拍卖♥♥动物 尽量以高价拍卖♥♥
We auction animals. We bid as high as possible…
然后把钱用来保护可爱的野兽
and the money goes to sponsor these lovely beasts.
现在就隆重开始
Let’s start with a bang.
这是第一头动物
We’ve got a superstar as a first animal.
各位先生女士 河马!
Ladies and gentlemen, the hippo.
这只动物身材大脾气大 不方便带来
The animal itself is far too big and angry to bring along.
看这家伙 重几千磅
Look at this guy.
有攻击性的素食动物
Thousands and thousands of pounds of aggressive, hostile cellulite.
稍微比校车轻一点而已
Weighs slightly less than the average school bus.
瞧这头野兽多棒
Look at that magnificent beastie.
让它过得好一点…
To put him in a better light,
纾解一下你钱多的烦脑
to relieve you of some serious money…
谢谢大家