你得让他们自己决定
Money. Not just money.
钱吗 不仅仅是钱
You remember.
你也知道
It’s the chance to
那会让我们有机会
build cathedrals, entire cities…
建造大教堂和整座城市
things that never existed…
创造那些现实中从未存在过
things that couldn’t exist in the real world.
也绝不可能存在的事物
So you want me to let someone else
所以你想要我让其他人
follow you into your fantasy?
跟你一起走进你的幻想
They don’t actually come into the dream.
他们不必亲自进入梦境
They just design the levels
他们只需设计梦境
and teach them to the dreamers. That’s all.
再把详情教给梦主就行
Design it yourself.
你自己设计好了
Mal won’t let me.
茉儿会阻止我
Come back to reality, Dom.
回到现实中来吧 道姆
Please. Reality.
求你了 现实
Those kids, your grandchildren…
我的孩子 也就是你的外孙…
they’re waiting for their father to come back home.
正等着他们的父亲回家
That’s their reality.
对他们来说这才是现实
And this job, this last job,
而只有完成这最后一次任务
that’s how I get there.
我才能实现这个愿望
I would not be standing here if I knew any other way.
如果不是走投无路 我绝不会来这求你
I need an architect who’s as good as I was.
我需要个和我一样出色的筑梦师
I’ve got somebody better.
比你更出色
Ariadne?
艾莲涅
I’d like you to meet Mr. Cobb.
这位是柯布先生
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴见到你
If you have a few moments,
如果你有时间
Mr. Cobb has a job offer.
柯布先生有份工作给你
He’d like to discuss with you.
他想和你聊几句
A work placement?
实习吗
Not exactly.
也不算
I have a test for you.
我要先测试一下你
You’re not gonna tell me anything first?
你不先告诉我是什么工作吗
Before I describe the job, I have to know you can do it.
在这之前 我得确认你能够胜任
Why? It’s not, strictly speaking, legal.
为什么 严格来说 这并不合法
You have two minutes to design a maze
给你两分钟时间 设计一个
that it takes one minute to solve.
花费一分钟才能解开的迷宫
Stop.
时间到
Again.
再试一次
Stop.
时间到
You’re gonna have to do better than that.
这都太简单了
That’s more like it.
这才像话
They say we only use a fraction of our brain’s true potential.
都说我们只开发了大脑真正潜力的一小部分
Now, that’s when we’re awake.
但这只是在我们醒着的时候
When we’re asleep, our mind can do almost anything.
当睡着时 我们的大脑几乎无所不能
Such as?
比如呢
Imagine you’re designing a building.
想象一下 你设计一座建筑物时
You consciously create each aspect.
你有意识地设计出每个部分
But sometimes, it feels like it’s almost creating itself,
但有时却感觉像是建筑在自行构建
if you know what I mean.
明白我的意思吗
Yeah, like I’m discovering it.
对 我只需要去发现而已
Genuine inspiration, right?
纯粹的灵感 是吧
Now, in a dream, our mind continuously does this.
而在梦里 大脑会连续地保持这样
We create and perceive our world simultaneously.
创造和感知 这两个过程同步发生
And our mind does this so well
而我们的大脑是如此神奇
that we don’t even know it’s happening.
以至于我们自己根本没意识到
That allows us to get right in the middle of that process.
这么一来我们就能直接进入这个过程
How? By taking over the creating part.
怎么做 由我们来创造
Now, this is where I need you.
这就是你的工作
You create the world of the dream.
你创造一个梦境
We bring the subject into that dream,
我们把目标带入这个梦境
and they fill it with their subconscious.
这个梦境里则会充满他们的潜意识
How could I ever acquire enough detail
一个梦境的细节要有多逼真
to make them think that it’s reality?
才能让对方相信自己身处现实
Well, dreams, they feel real while we’re in them, right?
我们做梦时总是感觉很真实吧
It’s only when we wake up
只有等我们醒来后
that we realize something was actually strange.
才会意识到不对劲
Let me ask you a question.
问你个问题吧
You never really remember the beginning of a dream, do you?
你从不记得梦的开头吧
You always wind up right in the middle of what’s going on.
总是突然就这么置身其中
I guess, yeah.
我想是吧
So how did we end up here?
那我们是怎么来这的
Well, we just came from the, uh…
我们刚从…
Think about it, Ariadne. How did you get here?
仔细想想 艾莲涅 你怎么来这的
Where are you right now?
你现在哪里
We’re dreaming?
我们在做梦吗
You’re in the middle of the workshop, sleeping.
你其实正睡在工作坊中央
This is your first lesson in shared dreaming. Stay calm.
这是你分享梦境的第一课 冷静
If it’s just a dream, then why are you covering…
如果这只是做梦 你为什么要遮挡…
Because it’s never just a dream, is it?
因为这绝不仅仅只是个梦
And a face full of glass hurts like hell.
玻璃刺在脸上的感觉生疼
When you’re in it, it feels real.
你做梦时 感觉是真实的
That’s why the military developed dream sharing.
所以军队开发了分享梦境系统
It was a training program for soldiers to shoot,
士兵能通过这个程序
stab and strangle each other…
身临其境地射击 格斗和搏杀
and then wake up.
而不会受到伤害
How did architects become involved?
筑梦师的工作是什么
Well, someone had to design the dreams, right?
总得有人去设计梦境吧
Why don’t you give us another five minutes?
再给我们五分钟吧
Five minutes?
五分钟
What? We were talking for, like, at least an hour.
怎么会 我们少说也谈了一个小时
In a dream, your mind functions more quickly…
你做梦时 大脑运转速度加快
therefore time seems to feel more slow.
所以时间相对变慢
Five minutes in the real world gives you an hour in the dream.
现实中的五分钟 相当于梦境里的一小时
Why don’t you see what you can get up to in five minutes?
何不看看你在五分钟内能做些什么
You’ve got the basic layout. Bookstore, cafe?
基本布局有了 书店 咖啡店
Almost everything else is here too.
该有的东西差不多都有了
Who are the people? Projections of my subconscious.
这些人是谁 我潜意识中的映射
Yours? Yes.
你的吗 对
Remember, you are the dreamer. You build this world.
记住 你是梦主 你创造了梦境
I am the subject. My mind populates it.
而我是目标 梦境里充满了我的潜意识
You can literally talk to my subconscious.
你还可以和我的潜意识交谈
That’s one of the ways we extract information from the subject.
这也是盗取目标秘密的方法之一
How else do you do it?
除此之外呢
By creating something secure,
你可以设计一个安全场所
like a bank vault or a jail.
比如银行金库 或是监狱
The mind automatically fills it with information it’s trying to protect.
重要信息就会自动存入其中
You understand?
明白了吗
Then you break in and steal it? Well…
你再潜入梦境去偷吗 这个嘛…
I guess I thought that the dream’s space should be all about the visual,
我本以为梦境该基于视觉
but it’s more about the feel of it.
但其实更重要的是去感觉
My question is what happens when you
我想知道 如果我颠覆了
start messing with the physics of it all?
物理规律 会有什么后果
It’s something, isn’t it? Yes, it is.
很厉害吧 是啊
Why are they all looking at me?
他们为什么都看着我
Because my subconscious feels that someone else is creating this world.
因为我的潜意识觉得这是别人创造的梦境
The more you change things,
你改建得越离谱
the quicker the projections start to converge on you.
映射就会越早如潮水般涌向你
Converge?
这是什么意思
They sensed the foreign nature of the dreamer.
他们一旦察觉外来入侵的梦主
They attack like white blood cells fighting an infection.
就会像白血球抵抗感染那般攻击对方
Are they gonna attack us?
他们会攻击我们吗
No, actually, just you.
不 只攻击你
This is great. But I’m telling you,
这样很棒 但我也说了
if you keep changing things like this…
如果你再这么继续下去…
Gees! Mind telling your subconscious to take it easy?
受不了 就不能让你的潜意识冷静点么
It’s my subconscious, remember, I can’t control it.
这可是我的潜意识 我自己没法控制
Very impressive.
佩服
I know this bridge. This place is real, isn’t it?
我认识这座桥 这是现实中的场所吧
Yeah, I cross it everyday to get to the college.