看来有人知道
Well, someone does.
谁送来的?
Who delivered this?
我不知道 – 快说
I don’t know. – Who?!
我不知道 昨晚我不在 – 那谁在这?
I don’t know! I wasn’t here last night. – Sent me. Who was it?
我在这 但昨晚连个鬼都没有
I was. And I didn’t see shit.
我还记得大萧条时期的纽约
I remember New York during the Depression.
现在的人以为这日子糟糕透了
They think they have it bad now.
真该让他们看看以前的波尔瑞大道
You should have seen the Bowery back then.
贫民窟的尸体堆了两三尺高
Bodies piled two, three feet high off the gutter.
你以为我就这样走了吗
I’m not going anywhere.
要知道 我现在就是上帝了
I’m God now. You understand?
上帝可不是写三流恐怖故事的小说家
God’s not supposed to be a hack horror writer.
或许这能让你相信我就是
But maybe I can help you believe.
醒来后看看周围
Look around when you wake up.
你知不知道我可喜欢蓝色了
Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
放松 伙计
Relax, buddy.
放松 你已经醒了
Relax. You’re awake now.
你只是做了个恶梦
It was just a bad dream.
你是装傻还是听不懂?
Are you deaf and dumb, sir?
我刚从那里出来
I was just there in the town…
就那个镇子
in that town, and…
有不少居民…
there were people there
有商店 住♥宅♥ – 不是我不相信
and shops and homes and… – I don’t doubt that.
我都说了十遍了
What I’m telling you for the tenth time…
那里肯定不叫哈珀终点
is that it couldn’t have been called Hobb’s End.
无论是以前还是现在 州里都没有过这个小镇
There never was, is, or shall be any such place by that name in this state. Ever.
我要见你主管
I want to see your supervisor!
好吧
Well.
真是个精彩的故事
that is quite a story.
能写出来的话 我给你出版
If you could write it, I’d publish it.
难道你是认真的吗?
You don’t believe it, do you?
我也希望我能不去相信
If I don’t, what’s my option that…
难道我疯了
That I’m crazy?
我没疯
I’m not crazy.
有一种传言说肯恩的书会影响某些读者
Have you heard the rumors that Cane’s books have affected certain readers?
对 斯黛尔丝和我说过
Yeah. Styles told me.
斯黛尔丝 你说是我派去的那个女孩
Styles… Oh, that’s the girl you say I sent with you, that…
但我只派了你一个人去
But I know I sent you off alone.
为何我不记得她?
Why wouldn’t I remember her?
这个…
Well.
很好解释 她被去掉了
Well, that’s easy. She was written out.
去掉了?
Written out?
是的
Yeah.
你真的不觉得
Look, do you think…
那些书已经影响了你吗
those books somehow infected you?
听好了 哈格洛
Listen to me, Harglow.
我没有骗你 这就是真的
Everything I’ve said is true. It’s real.
所以我才毁掉那唯一的书稿
And that’s why I had to destroy the last manuscript.
不是我不相信你
But I know that’s not true.
你想说什么
What are you talking about?
几个月前你就已经把书稿给我了
You delivered that manuscript to me months ago.
就在这个房♥间 你亲手交给我
To me personally in this room.
怎么可能
I did?
就是去年春天的时候
Yes, you did. Last spring.
别开玩笑了
For God’s sakes.
书已经在七月出版了 店铺都卖♥♥了7周了
We published in July. The book’s been in the stores for seven weeks.
你看过了吗?
Have you read it?
没有 我从不读肯恩的书
No. I never read Cane’s work.
这些书对我来说太不堪了
I haven’t got the stomach for it.
快停售
Pull it. Don’t distribute it.
就算我真的是在胡说八道
Even if everything I’ve said is totally Looney Tunes…
但我知道这本书真的会让人发疯
I know this book will drive people crazy.
但愿如此吧
Well, let’s hope so.
下个月电影就上映了
The movie comes out next month.
天啊
Oh, Christ.
撒特·凯恩的新作 也可能是他最后的遗作
The newest and presumably posthumous work of Sutter Cane
持续占领销量榜首
continues to sit at number one on the best-seller list.
《战栗黑洞》
“ln the Mouth of Madness”
有望打破各项的销♥售♥记录
is expected to break all previous publishing records.
另一方面 本地新闻表示警方无法解释
On the local scene, police are at a loss to explain…
为何神职人员大量的暴♥力♥犯罪
the outbreak of violent crime among the city’s clergy.
市长紧急召开执法部门
The mayor has called an emergency meeting
和医疗机构的讨论会议
of law enforcement and medical agencies…
讨论这如此明显的群体性癔病
to discuss an apparent epidemic of paranoid schizophrenia.
一个荒诞的恐怖小说
Just an unbelievably horrible story, Bob.
由最初的局部已经扩散成全球性的精神疾病
What began locally has now broken out into a global epidemic.
最明显的症状是毫无意识…
An epidemic of monumental proportions of senseless,
毫无目的的暴♥力♥行为
seemingly unmotivated acts of violence.
喜欢吗?
Like the book?
喜欢
I love it.
很好
Good.
那么这也就不会意外了
Then this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
它还在扩散 对吧?
It’s spreading out there, isn’t it?
就算是你知道症状 也不代表你的故事是真的
Just because you know the symptoms doesn’t mean to say your story’s true.
肯恩的小说
It’s Cane’s story…
随着每一个新的读者传播 它…
and it’ll spread with each new reader. That’s…
就是这样获得力量
That’s how it gets its power.
那些不看书的人呢
What about the people who don’t read?
还有电影
There’s a movie.
没错
Oh, yes, of course.
我要先走了
I’m gonna leave now
我保证还会回来的
but I’ll be coming back, I promise.
我想帮你
I want to help you.
不着急
There’s no hurry.
这里比外面安全
It’s safer in here now.
外面还会更糟的
It’ll get worse out there.
为什么
Why?
每个物种都能嗅到灭绝的危机
Every species can smell its own extinction.
最后剩下的那些人
The last ones left.
也不会好过到哪里去
won’t have a pretty time of it.
十年 也许就几年
And in ten years, maybe less
人类这个种族 将会变成他们孩子的睡前故事
the human race will just be a bedtime story for their children.
一个曾经的童话而已
A myth. Nothing more.
他有说什么吗?
Did he have anything to say?
没说什么有用的
No. It was useless.
他认为自己是虚构的人物
He thinks he’s fiction
是撒特·凯恩引起这场的疾病
and that Sutter Cane’s causing the epidemic.
你读撒特·凯恩的书吗?
Do you read Sutter Cane?
我们会尽可能坚持下去 继续这个紧急广播
I’ll try and continue this emergency broadcast as long as we can hold out here.
城市几乎完全被毁…
The city is almost completely deserted now.
只有些流浪者还在街上
There are only a few stragglers left on the streets.
没有任何的应急机构
There are no emergency services.
火灾在持续的蔓延
The fires continue to burn out of control.
大规模的精神疾病 伴随着随机的杀戮
This incredible epidemic of random mass killing…
传播至每个文明世界的城市
has spread to every country in the civilized world.
每时每刻都有更多的人被传染
Every hour, more people are becoming infected…
大量失常的残忍♥暴♥力♥行为
being driven to senseless acts of extreme violence.
还有报道大致指出
We have gotten reports, sketchy at best…
人们开始变异 身体开始肿胀扭曲
of people mutating, their bodies swelling and distorting.
诡异的形态变化
changing somehow.
本地 大量的杀戮已经开始蔓延到内地
Locally, the mass killings appear to have moved inland.
东海岸的主要城市一片死寂
All the major cities on the East Coast are silent.
昨晚 我们已经无法联♥系♥上洛杉矶以及西岸
We lost contact with Los Angeles and the West Coast last night…
已经无法得知还有多少未被感染人
so it’s impossible at this time to know how many unaffected people are left.
如果…
If for… If for any reason…
你还保持着理智 没有被感染
you are one of us who hasn’t become infected…
立即去避难所
take shelter immediately.
不要相信任何朋友或亲戚
Do not trust any friends or family members.
重复 不要相信…
I repeat do not trust …
把他扔进去 – 不 不要…
Come on! Get him in there! – No, no, no.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!