That is one of the side-effects of rohypnol.
这就是迷♥药♥的一个副作用
Linton has set up a secret war committee.
林顿已经成立了一个秘密战委会
I just know it.
我刚刚得知
I mean, Linton is an absolute lunatic, Liza.
莱莎 林顿是个疯子
He is dangerous. It’s not good.
他是个危险人物 不太妙
The voices in his head now sing barbershop together.
他脑子里什么想法都有
I really, really hope there isn’t a war, it’s going to be a nightmare.
我真的不想打仗 但愿这只是场噩梦
It’s bad enough having to cope with the fucking Olympics.
要应付该死的奥林匹克已经够糟了
Minister? Just a quick word, sir?
部长? 先生 简单说两句吧
This is your chance to nail the line. Do you want to nail the line?
你扬名的机会来了 要不要准备一下
No, I’ll freestyle it. Hello, there. Hi.
我要自♥由♥发挥 你们好
So is war unforeseeable, minister?
部长先生 是否无法肯定战事?
Look, all sorts of things, that are actually very likely
事情都有它的多样性
Are also unforeseeable.
与不可知性
For the plane in the fog,
对于迷雾中的飞机
the mountain is un… unforeseeable,
山脉就是不可预测的
But then it is suddenly very real and inevitable.
但它们会突然出现实并且无法避免
Is this your opinion or is this the government position?
这是您的观点还是政♥府♥的立场
The mountain in the metaphor is
这里的山脉只是比喻
A completely hypothetical mountain that could represent anything.
完全是假设的 它可以代表任何事情
So, who is the plane, and who is the mountain?
那么谁是飞机 谁是山脉呢
Is the government lost in the fog? What I’m saying is…
政♥府♥在烟雾中迷路了吗 我能说的是…
That to walk the road of peace…
要想通往和平之路
Sometimes we need to be ready to climb…
有时要做好
the mountain of conflict.
翻越冲突之山的准备
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
Thank you. That’s it, ladies and gentlemen, thank you.
谢谢 就这些 女士们先生们 谢谢
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, why didn’t we nail the line?
该死 我们为什么不准备一下呢
Simon, I did try to warn you.
西蒙 我提醒过你了
Yes, you tried to warn me.
没错 你是提醒过我了
But you didn’t actually stop me, did you?
但你并没阻止我 对吧
I can’t tackle you to the ground.
我总不能把你摁在地上吧
That’s like shouting ”train!” at somebody as they get hit by a train.
就像快被火车撞到了才大叫”火车”
You should go ”train! There’s a fucking train!”
你该喊”火车 小心火车”
bollocks!
胡扯
Fuck, it’s Malcolm. It’s Malcolm for me, too.
该死 是马尔科姆 他也给我打了
How does he do that?
他怎么做到的
Simon, I don’t like finding out about people employed by this government
西蒙 我不想在新闻上看到任何政♥府♥官员
Via the news, unless they’ve just died.
除了他们的讣告
Be here, now.
马上过来 马上
The British government must be prepared
英国政♥府♥必须做好准备
To climb the mountain of conflict.
随时翻越冲突之山
It’s unclear if his view is shared by the prime minister.
目前还不清楚这是不是首相的观点
Maybe we should get it out there.
也许我们应该放出风声
Float the idea that the war is a resigning issue for you.
就说你想利用战争来辞职
You can’t say it’s a resigning issue, because then you have to resign.
你不能这么说 要不我就不得不辞职了
You’re having a really great first day, you know that?
你的这一天过的很充实 是吧
You are supposed to be a Cabinet Minister!
你是内阁大臣
You are supposed to be officer class!
你是高级官员
Don’t do this, don’t make fucking waves.
别乱说话 别惹事了
We can do without the ritual humiliation.
你没必要侮辱我
You know I’m against talking up the war.
你知道我是反对战争的
You’re against talking up the war?
你反对战争吗
Is that why you said ”climb the mountain of conflict”?
所以你说要”翻越冲突之山”?
Do you know what you sounded like?
你知道你的口气像什么吗
A fucking nazi Julie Andrews.
就像该死的纳粹分子朱莉·安德鲁斯
I’m just saying I might be forced to
我只是说我可能
the verge of making a stand.
被迫表明立场
A stand?
立场?
Right, the white stripes, outside.
好的 白色条纹出去
There’s only two people in the white stripes.
白色条纹里只有两个人
I um…
我…
I admire you.
我欣赏你
I really do, I admire you.
真的 我欣赏你
Making a stand.
表明立场
So, I take it, I can tell the PM that you…
我肯定 我会告诉首相…
You don’t want to go to Washington?
你不想去华盛顿
To where? To Washington.
去哪儿 华盛顿
See, the PM, he wants you… well, he wanted you
你瞧 首相大人希望你…
To go on a fact-finder, you know.
去做实地调查
Problems we might have to face if it
一旦中东战事爆发
All goes boombastic in the Middle East.
我们可能面对很多问题
Oh, right.
是啊
But, you know, that’s you, you’re on the verge, aren’t you?
但是你明白吗 你处在一个边缘的位置
You’re on the verge of your stand, so…
你在你立场的边缘 所以…
Well, Malcolm, come on,
马尔科姆 拜托
I don’t know what words I used in the heat of the moment.
我刚才太激动了 也不知道说了什么
Maybe in a sense, yeah,
也许某种意义上讲
I am on the verge, but that’s the important thing.
我是站在边缘上 但这很重要
I’m on the verge. I’m not in any way decided.
我站在边缘上 我没有任何立场
Christ on a bendy-bus. Don’t be such a fucking faff arse.
别小题大做了
No, I’m standing my ground, on the verge.
不 我有我的原则 站在边缘上
Right, ok, well, when you go to America,
好吧 你到美国以后
Talk to Karen Clark at the state department, yeah?
去国♥务♥院♥和凯伦·克拉克谈一谈
Right, ok. I’ll give it a whirl. Keep away from Linton Barwick.
好的 我尽量 离林顿·巴维克远一点
He’s pushing the war for Caulderwood’s lot.
他一心要发动战争
I’ll deal with him. He uses a live hand grenade as a fucking paper weight.
我来对付他 他用手榴弹就像用纸一样
That’s a true story.
是真事
Wow, I won’t talk to him.
我不会和他接触的
Talk to as few people as possible, that would be best for you.
尽量别和人接触 这对你最好不过了
Ok, Liza, the priorities are shower, get me on Linton’s war committee
莱莎 先洗澡 再查查林顿的战争委员会
And get me to a dentist, not necessarily in that order.
给我找位牙医 不一定要按这个顺序
Shower later.
洗澡可以等一会儿
What has Linton been up to while we’ve been gone?
我们不在的时候 林顿在干什么呢
Have we declared war on California yet?
我们向加州宣战了吗
Ah, Karen.
你好 凯伦
How was London? Good meetings? Very good meetings.
伦敦之行怎么样 会议顺利吗 非常顺利
You know we had some great discussions there, I think our…
我们讨论的很激烈 我想我们的…
Thank you very much, and I will read your words when they come through.
非常感谢 我会仔细阅读你的报告
Thank you so much, Karen, hm. Bob.
凯伦 非常感谢 你好 鲍勃
You won’t read the words, Linton.
林顿 你不会看到报告的
Is Chad coming? Chad?
查德来了吗 查德?
No, he’s probably doing his desperate chorus girl thing,
没有 他可能想去勾引别人
Hanging around Linton’s office, trying to catch an eye, you know.
在林顿的办公室附近转悠 想引人注意
That’s why he’s wearing his push-up bra today. Have you noticed?
他今天穿了一件塑身内衣 你没发现吗
Assistant secretary of state, hi. Brad, how are you?
助理国务卿 你好 布拉德 你好
Chad. Yep, yep, yep, exactly.
我是查德 是 是 当然
Can I…? Yep, you betcha, ok.
我能… 当然 好的
Hey, listen, the war committee.
听着 战争委员会
What you have to do is you’ve got to look for
你要做的是找出行政科职权以外
The ten dullest-named committees happening out of the executive branch.
十个名字最乏味的委员会
Because Linton is not going to call it the ”big horrible war committee”.
林顿不会起什么大战委员会之类的名字
He’s gonna hide it behind a name like
他会起个隐晦点的名字
”diverse strategy”.
比如”多样策略”之类的
Something so dull you’re just gonna want to self-harm.
这些名字蠢得让你想自残
Get me general Miller at the Pentagon, please.
请替我接五角大楼的米勒将军
My teeth hurt.
我牙疼
My teeth hurt like hell.
快疼死了
I’m sick of hearing about the teeth, frankly.
老实说 我讨厌听你说牙齿
Hi, yeah. I’m checking the status on a paper
你好 我想核实一份文件的情况
That was circulated by a staffer here.
是这的一位职员分发的
It’s called…
名字是…
”post war planning. parameters, implications and possibilities”.
“战争计划 参数 暗示和可能性”
This is the one by… this is the one by Liza Weld, right?
是莱莎·维尔德写的
”pwlp plp”?
“pwlp plp”?
Oh, god, it already has an acronym.
已经有字母简称了
You know another acronym? DOA…
你知道其他的字母简称吗
Your career.
DOA就是你工作的简称
My golly, I can’t see why anyone would choose
天哪 真不明白为什么会有人
to work in a glass office,
选择在玻璃办公室工作

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!