Listen,
听着
I was just um…
我只是…
Don’t sit on Anna’s desk. Sorry.
别坐在安娜的桌子上 不好意思
I have managed to get you into the
我想办法带你进
Big foreign office meeting this afternoon.
下午的外交会议
The Karen Clark meeting? Really? Shit.
凯伦·克拉克的会议? 真的?
How did you do that?
你怎么办到的
I did it through sheer bloody hard work.
我努力争取的
Judy? Yeah?
朱迪 怎么
Toby here has got me into the big Karen Clark meeting this afternoon.
托比说我能参加凯伦·克拉克下午的会议
The big ”meat”.
就是那个”肉”(谐音)
Impressive, eh? How are you spelling that, by the way?
不错啊 是吧 那个词你怎么拼的来着
Two ”e”s.
两个e啊
Oh, right.
知道了
Just one thing.
就一件事
Talking wise, you might find once we get in there, that the bulk of it…
小心讲话 你就会发现 一大堆人…
Can we just wait for Judy? Of course.
我们等等朱迪吗 当然
Simon.
西蒙
Michael, hi.
你好 迈克尔
Hello. Welcome.
你好 欢迎
Michael? Yes.
迈克尔? 什么事
I’m Chad.
我是查德
We’d like a dual horseshoe formation for the meeting set-up.
我们想要一个双马蹄形的会场
An enclave for Ms Clark. An enclave for the Pentagon delegation.
一边是克拉克夫人 一边是五角大楼的代表
And, politely, we request the presence
再加一句 会议现场的饮用水
Of both carbonated and non-carbonated waters.
最好是碳酸型和非碳酸型饮料都有
Right.
好的
Is that all? Yeah, that’s it. Thank you so much.
就这些吗 就这些 非常感谢
Not at all. Wow, who was that? Young Lankenstein?
不客气 他是谁 小兰肯斯坦?
He’s probably running something relatively major.
说不定他手握重权
They’re all kids in Washington.
华盛顿有很多年轻人当大官
It’s like bugsy malone, but with real guns.
是拿着真枪的小霸王
Thank you all for coming today
非常感谢你们能参加今天召开的
To the interim Anglo-American resources forum.
英美资源论♥坛♥临时会议
I’d particularly like to welcome…
我要特别欢迎…
What’s your view like?
你能看得见吗
Well, it’s pretty basic. Ok, can we swap?
凑合吧 那好 我们换一下吧
I don’t want a consensus forming around the premise
关于目前要采取必要的军事行动这一说法
That military action is necessarily the primary option at this point.
我不认为我们能达成一致
This paper which was authored by one of my aides, Liza Weld…
这是我的一个助手莱莎·维尔德写的报告
Liza, I hope you don’t mind if I foreground this paper.
莱莎 我把这份报告拿出来希望你不介意
It’s not strictly my paper.
严格来讲 这并不是我写的
In the sense that you were the one who put in the requests…
从某种意义上讲 是你提出了这些要求
Miss Weld is very, very modest, but this is her paper.
维尔德小姐过谦了 这的确出自她的手笔
And she’s highlighted several reasons
在报告中 她着重阐述了几条理由
Why we cannot envision a theatre deployment
解释为什么在一年内
for at least 12 months.
我们不会进行战争部署
Should I say something? She invited me.
我要说点什么吗 既然她请了我
I should say something.
我就该说两句
If you don’t say something in the first ten minutes,
如果这十分钟内什么都没说
Then you might as well not say anything at all.
可能就没机会说了
I really think you shouldn’t say anything.
我认为你真的没必要说什么
No, I should say something. No, Simon, don’t, just don’t…
不 我要说 别 西蒙 不要…
Don’t pull my hand down.
别拉我
The Committee feels a quicker deployment is possible.
委员会认为有可能加快部署
Ah, which committee?
哪个委员会
It was discussed in a number of committees.
很多委员会都讨论过
If I mentioned one committee… You did.
如果我说过哪个委员会… 你说了
..then it was a slip of the tongue.
…那是我失言了
What, because you’ve accidentally alluded to a secret committee,
是吗 因为你偶然提到了一个秘密委员会
A war committee?
战争委员会吗
If I may intercept. I understand we are rather pressed for time.
打断一下 现在时间紧迫
Liza, do you know
莱莎 你说林顿是不是
if Linton has set up a secret war committee?
已经成立了一个秘密战委会
No. I have no idea. Get me on it.
我不知道 查一下
I think it’s worth noting that ministers in the UK government,
我觉得这毫无意义 英国的很多部长们
Such as our colleague here, Simon Foster,
比如今天到场的西蒙·福斯特
Have made it very clear that
都已明确表示
They feel currently war is unforeseeable.
他们觉得目前战争是不可预知的
Isn’t that right, Simon?
西蒙 没错吧
Er…well, yes.
没错
That’s… that’s what I said.
正如我所说
And I stick to what I said.
我坚持我的看法
That doesn’t mean that what I said won’t change…in the future.
但这并不表示我的看法一成不变
Um…it’s not immutable or mutable.
万物不是静止不变的
It’s… It’s… It’s… It’s a developing…
它们…它们…它们是运动发展的
I think there are areas of mutual discussion
我认为还有很多需要对话的问题
That we could come onto now,
我们开始吧
And then maybe if there’s time left at the end…
如果还有剩余时间…
Judy, can you just pass that on? Is that fine?
朱迪 你能传一下吗 没问题吧
Yes, that’s all fine, thank you.
没问题 谢谢
Right, come here. We need to talk.
过来 我们需要谈谈
What do you mean, ”stop being a tit?”
“别像傻子一样是”什么意思
In what way was I being a tit?
我哪儿傻了
Why am I even over here?
为什么派我来这儿
You were just meat in the room, Simon.
西蒙 人为刀俎我为鱼肉
Meat in the room?
我们是鱼肉?
Yeah.
是的
For fuck’s sake, Judy,
朱迪 为了这个该死的原因
I’ve taken an hour out to come over here
我花了一个小时赶到这儿
And be room meat.
来做什么鱼肉
Yes, but… but a prime cut,
但我们是整块的鱼肉
You know, not offal.
不是内脏
Oh, great. I’m not liver.
非常好 我不是块鱼肝
What was I, tit meat?
那我是什么 愚蠢的肉?
Well, no, I just…
我只是…
Come on. Let’s get back.
算了 我们走吧
Hey, Liza.
你好 莱莎
I just want to say congratulations.
我只是想恭喜你
Your paper got a major citation.
你的报告被拿出来讨论
You must be psyched that Karen brought it up.
凯伦把它拿出来 你肯定很高兴吧
Yeah, well, that was, you know, her call. Not mine.
是她的意思 我没说过
You couldn’t write a paper
如果你没争取过
That clashes more violently with the current climate if you were trying.
就不可能写与目前形势有激烈碰撞的报告
It seems like you almost were trying.
你肯定争取过
I wasn’t trying! Believe me. You’re like the woman in the Omen.
我没有 相信我 你就像是天魔里的女主角
You’ve given birth to a demon and now it’s gonna kill you.
给了魔鬼生命 但魔鬼却要杀你
You probably identify with the kid from the Omen.
你似乎把孩子和魔鬼混为一谈了
See, you’re an only child, aren’t you?
你是独生子 对吧
I don’t understand how my parents’
我不认为父母有限的生育能力
Limited reproductive ability reflects badly on me.
对我产生了什么坏影响
I’m the sperm that made it, so…
我是最终成功受孕的精♥子♥ 所以…
Liza. I’m being called by our boss.
莱莎 老板在叫我了
Ok, Retreat. See you later. Yeah, have fun with yourself.
好的 我走了 回头见 好的 祝你愉快
Have fun with your career kryptonite.
祝你事业顺利
What’s going on down there? That looks important.
下面在干什么 好像在说要紧事
My teeth are killing me. Are they chipped?
我的牙快疼死了 是不是裂了
I think that one has always been there, right?
我觉得这一颗已经裂了 是吧
It was a chip on the veneer.
牙冠罩上有个口子
Don’t look at my teeth for a long time. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
别一直盯着我的牙看 对不起
It just surprised me.
我只是有点吃惊
Liza!
莱莎
Toby.
是我 托比
Toby! Hi.
托比
Give me a call!
打电♥话♥给我
Yeah. Ok.
好的 走了
Liza Weld. She did the
莱莎·维尔德获得过
Kennedy scholarship at my college.
我们学校的肯尼迪奖学金
I had a little thing for her at the time. I can imagine, yeah.
那时我对她有点意思 看得出来
Don’t think she remembered me, to be honest.
老实说我没想到她还记得我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!