Now, you got a complaint?Well, right here’s where you file it.
那,你要投诉?好,你得先到这里登记。
我必须说,我要找警长说。
What I got to say, I say to the chief.
与山姆伍德有关。
It’s about Sam Wood.
好吧。
AII right.
是。
– (knock on door) – ( Gillespie ) Yeah?
珀迪在外面,警长。他要说山姆的事。
(Harold) Purdy’s out here, sir.It’s about Sam.
好吧,让他进来。
All right. Send him in.
她怀孕了,是山姆的。
She is gonna have a baby.Sam Wood’s baby.
好,你不信就自己问问她吧!
Well, ask her yourself if you don’t believe me!
你来这做什么?
What are you doin’ here?
我听听,这对案子很重要。
It’s important that I hear this.
有他在房♥间里,我是不会说的。
l ain’t talkin’ about this with him in the room.
-小子,你别自找麻烦,你! -理智点,我是警♥察♥。
– Boy, you don’t want trouble, you get!- You be sensible. I’m a police officer.
你不赶他走,那我来动手?!
You gonna get him outta here,or do I gotta do it?!
你没必要做,给我站那儿闭嘴。
You ain’t gonna do nothin’.You just stand there and shut up.
( sniggers)
坐下,小姑娘。
Sit down, little girl.
好了,现在。
All right, now.
你告诉我……所有的。只要说他是怎么发生的。
You tell me. .. all about it.Just tell me how it happened.
噢,来吧,来吧,孩子,说吧!
Oh, come on. Come on, girl, speak!
-好吧,你知道这几天很热。 -是的。
– Well, you know how hot it’s been.- Yeah.
晚上,变得更热了。
Nights, they aren’t any better.
我哥哥上夜班。
My brother works nights.
他离开了,我只有一个人。
He leaves me all alone.
有一天晚上,我出去站在门口。
This particular night,I go out on the porch.
我正在想,要是有冰泉水喝那多好。
I’m thinkin’ how nice it’d be if I had a fountain drink.
山姆开车过来。
Sam comes down our road.
就像他每天晚上一样。
Just like he comes every night.
坐在那漂亮,巨大,闪亮的车里,像一个骑士一样经过。
Passin’ Like a lord in that fine, big, shiny car.
只是,这次他停了下来。
Only, this time he stops.
他有一张英俊的脸,你也这么看吗,警长?
He’s got a nice face,don’t you think, Chief?
所以他停下来。
So he stopped.
-他说…… –什么?我没听清。
– ( softly ) He says. ..- What? I didn’t hear what you said.
他说……
(louder) He says…
嗨,小姑娘。
”Hey, little girl,
你知道这镇晨最凉快的地方是哪里吗?
you know what the coolest spot in town is?”
然后我说:“不,山姆,我猜不到。”
And I said ”No, Sam. I guess I don’t.”
然后他说……“坟场,就是那里”
And he said…”The cemetery. That’s where.”
“知道为什么吗”
”Know why?”
“因为那里有巨大、凉爽的墓碑”
”’Cause they got all of them big, cool tombstones.”
“甚至可以在墓碑上舒展四肢,德洛丽丝”
”Ever stretch out on a tombstone, Delores?”
“可以让你的身体四周感受到美妙的,凉爽的大理石”
”Feel all that nice, cool marble along your body?”
– He said that?- You hear, Chief? You hear?
-他那么说? —你听到了,警长?你听到了吗?
是的,我听到了,我听到了。
Yeah, I hear. I hear.
好吧,山姆开车在你门前停下和你聊天。然后呢?
All right. Sam comes along and stops in front of your house and talks. What else?
好,继续,姑娘。后来呢,后来呢,后来呢?
Well, come on now, girl.What else? What else? What else?
-然后我上了他的车。-你们去哪了?
– Then I went for a ride with him.- Where’d you go?
坟场啊。
The cemetery.
那么,伍德用警车带你去了墓地,对吗?
So, Wood took you to the cemetery in the patrol car, right?
接着事情变得有点过分,你是说这个意思?
And then things went a bit too far.Is that what you’re sayin’?
他们就做了出格的事?
Did they get a Little bit outta line?
继续,那就是你想要说的事吗?
Come on now.Is that what you’re tryin’ to say?
说啊,姑娘!是还是不是?
Come on, girl! Is it or ain’t it?
-是,他们出轨了! -好,很好!
– Yeah, they went too far!- Well , fine!
现在,我再问你一个问题,非常重要的问题。
Now, I got one more question.Very important.
是他强迫你的,还是你自愿的?
Did he force you, or did you let him?
别TMD扯她愿意不愿意的!她只有16岁!
Don’t mean a damn whether she let him or not! She is still 16!
在本州,那就是强♥奸♥!我懂这条法律!
In this state, that’s rape!I know the plain law on that!
我懂密西西比州的法律,谢谢你!
I know the laws in the state of Mississippi , thank you!
-你确定你已经怀孕? —是的,我怀孕了!
– Are you sure you’re pregnant?- Yes, I am pregnant!
-考特尼! —在,警长?
– Courtney!- Yes, sir?
拿笔和纸进来。
Better get in here with a pad and a pencil.
进来,我让你把这些全部记录下来。
Come on in. I want you to take this all down.
你没有权利让这个黑鬼呆在这里,这是羞辱我妹妹
You had no right to keep a nigger in the room, shame my little sister.
你没有权利。
You had no right.
维吉,发生什么了?
Virge, what’s happenin’?
-嗨,哈维。-你还好吗?
– Hi, Harve.- How are you?
-我没事。 -哥们,嗯哼……
– Fine.- Man, uh. ..
-你救了我的命。 -听着,哈维,哥们,呃……
– You sure saved my hide.- Listen, Harvey. Man, uh…
如果在这镇上有人把一个女孩搞大了肚子,他可能去哪里打胎?
lf a guy knocks up a girl in this town,where can he go for help?
-理发店。 -理发店?
– Barbershop.- Barbershop?
借范宁先生的剃刀,然后割开自己的喉咙!
Borrow Mr. Fanning’s razor and cut your throat!
恩……
Well…
借范宁先生的剃刀的故事太老土了。
But suppose Mr. Fanning’s razor is too dull.
假设他还有不少现金可花。
Suppose he’s got some real money to spread around.
嗯哼……
Uh. ..
好吧,那……
Well, uh…
以前有个黑女人。
There used to be a colored gal.
不过她总是在抬价,我也不清楚她是否还做这门生意了。
But she kept bumpin’ her price,and I don’t know if she’s still in business.
-她叫什么名字? -恩,我从来没有见过。
– What’s her name?- Well, I ain’t never had to look her up.
不过,恩……帕基可能知道。
But, uh.. . Packy might know.
上哪能找到帕基?
Where do I find Packy?
去台球馆找吧,不过,伙计,他不会告诉你的。
Down at the pool hall.But, man, he wouldn’t tell you.
除非我叫他说。
Not unIess I say so.
但是我关在这里没法去同他说。
And how am I gonna say so locked up in here?
假如我给他捎话,说你想见他,他会来这里吗?
Suppose I get word to Packy that you wanna see him? Have him come here?
能否让他给我带个芝士汉堡?
Will you let him bring me a cheeseburger?
加洋葱不?
Onions?
就按你说的。
Now you’re talkin’!
喂……维吉?
( Sam ) Uh.. . Virge?
(footstep )
维吉,你太不小心了。
A little careless, ain’t you, Virgil?
车停路上,你会招惹杀身之祸的。这样谁都知道你在哪里了。
Parked in the road, you could get yourself killed. Anybody’d know where you are.
-你知道这地是做什么的吗? -当然,这是新工厂的地皮。
– You know what this land is?- Yeah. It’s the site for the new factory.
我在科尔伯特头皮上找到一片木头。实验室检测说是松木。
I found a piece of wood in Colbert’s scalp. The lab identified it as pine.
有三个人说看到科尔伯物是 -单独- 开车离开恩迪科特家的。
Three people saw Colbert drive by – alone – on the way back from Endicott’s.
他一定是在路上捎了个人,然后再来到这里的。
Colbert must have picked up somebody in town and then come out here.
要我说,他根本没有捎人。
I tell you he didn’t pick up nobody.
只有山姆尾随着他,悄悄站在他身后。就象刚才我悄悄站你后面一样。
Sam followed him here, come up behind him, just like I come up behind you.
-我听到你了,科尔伯特也能听到的。 – 所以他转身后被击中了。
– I heard you. Colbert wouId have too.- He turned and he got smashed!
他是在背后被击中的!
He was hit from behind!
如果德洛丽丝没有出现,我根本不可能想到真♥相♥。
If Delores Purdy hadn’t come in,I never would have seen the truth.
我一心想捉住恩迪科特的破绽,但却只是个人成见。
I was hung up trying to get Endicott,for personal reasons.
你知道我想做什么吗?维吉。
Do you know what I’m gonna do, Virgil?
我想让你回布朗斯维尔,我亲自把你送上车。
I’m gonna take you to Brownsville and put you on the bus myself.
你不能赶我走。你仔细想想,你已经关错了一个人!
You aren’t taking me anywhere.You dig?You’re holding the wrong man!
关错人?我发现了动机,那就是丢失的钱,肚子里的小孩,还有一具尸体。
The wrong man?! I got the motive, which is money, and the body, which is dead!
-你真的确信? -为什么你总是怀疑?
– What makes you so sure?- Why do you doubt it?!
因为科尔伯在是在此被杀的!
Because Colbert was killed here!
然后开车回到镇上,并把尸体扔在大街上。
Then driven back to town in his own car and dumped on the streets.
山姆不可能同时开两辆车!
Sam couldn’t have driven two cars!
你想怎么样?
What do you want?
给我到早上就行。
Give me till morning.
( Gillespie chuckles)
你知道……
You know…
你知道吗,维吉,你是万中无一的幸运儿。
You know, Virgil,you are among the chosen few.
为何这么说?
How’s that?
恩,自我搬到这里后,你是第一个到我家的客人。
Well, I think that you’re the first human being that’s ever been in here.
好,你不能这么挑剔,哥们。
Well, you can’t be too careful, man.
你懂得很多事情,对吧?
You know a lotta things, don’t you?
那么,你对失眠又了解多少呢?
Well, just what do you know about insomnia?
波旁威士忌对失眠没有帮助。
Bourbon can’t cure it.
恩……这没什么疑义。
Well.. . that’s for sure.
说我吧,我没有妻子,没有孩子。
Now look.I got no wife. I got no kids.
兄弟,我在这个镇上,但这个镇并不喜欢我。
Boy, I got a town that.. . don’t want me.
我只有一个空调,还得我自己上油。
And I got an air conditioner that I have to oil myself,
还有一个瘸腿的书桌。最重要的是,我得……
and a desk with a busted leg.And on top of that, I got…
这些,恩……
this, uh. ..
地方。
place.
恩,你想想,这种生活只会驱使男人用酒来麻醉自己了?
Now, don’t you think that’d drive a man to takin’ a few drinks?
我告诉你一个秘密。
I’ll tell you a secret.
从来没有人来过这里。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!