But no ship came.
没有船会来的
No ship is going to come.
我们待着就是等死
If we stay, we die.
想想鸟儿看到蛋被我们吃了
How long do you think it’ll take the tropic birds
有多久不会再回来
to stop coming here once they see their eggs eaten?
事先知道死期是恩赐
It’s a privilege to know the moment of one’s death in advance,
这样才能做好准备
be able to prepare for it.
我们不幸远离家园
Curse to be so far from home
没有机会道别
without a chance to say goodbyes,
没有机会和解
without a chance to make peace,
没有机会化解宿怨
without a chance to settle the scores.
那起码化解我们俩的宿怨吧 船长
Then let us at least settle those between us, Captain.
什么船长
Captain of what?
艾塞克斯号♥毁坏不是你的错
The Essex was lost through no fault of yours.
-要怪就怪我 -你不是船长
-I was as much to blame for… -You are not the captain.
但你天生是船长的料
But you were born to do this job.
我只是平白继承家业
I was just born into it.
乔治 你想我们该怎么做
What do we do, do you think, George?
我们到底是哪里触怒了上帝
And what offense did we give God to upset him so?
只有那只白鲸触怒了上帝
The only creature to have offended God here is the whale.
不是我们
Not us?
自大和贪婪使我们落入这种下场
In our arrogance, our greed, look where we find ourselves.
人类是上帝以自身模样 创造出的最高等生物
We are supreme creatures made in God’s own likeness.
尘世之王
Earthly kings
其使命便是环航赐予我们的星球
whose business it is to circumnavigate the planet bestowed to us.
依我们的意志操控大自然
To bend nature to our will.
经历这一切后 你还自诩为尘世之王
You really feel like an earthly king after everything that we’ve been through?
我们无足轻重
We’re nothing. We’re…
微不足道 一文不值
We’re specks. And dust.
我们日出时往东
We sail into the sun at dawn.
如果我们会死
If we are to die,
那在上帝的慈悲下
then with God’s grace,
让我们死得有尊严
let us die as men.
卫克斯先生 准备好了
Are we ready, Mr. Weeks?
是 先生
Aye, sir.
查普尔先生
Mr. Chappel?
莱特先生
Mr. Wright?
我做不到
I can’t do it, sir.
我 莱特和卫克斯
Me, Wrights and Weeks,
我们要留下来
we’re staying.
马修 准备走了
You ready to go, Matthew?
-我扶你起来 -毫无意义
-I’ll give you a hand. Here, you gotta get up. -No, there’s no point.
-听到没 -我们要回家
-You hear me? -No, we’re going home. We’re going home.
毫无意义
There’s no point.
你走吧
Just go.
该死 马修
God damn it, Matthew.
没关系
It’s all right.
我一回去就会派船来接你
Well, I’ll send a boat for you the minute we get back.
我们会回南塔克岛打牌 好吗
Then we’ll play cards back in Nantucket, all right?

Yeah.
-一言为定 -好
-It’s a deal. -Good.
要我帮你打开吗
You want me to open that for you?
我会搞定
I think I’ll manage.
如果不得不如此
If it comes to that.
上帝与你同在 兄弟
God be with you, brother.
你也是
Yeah, and you.
彼得森兄弟
Brother Peterson?
你要跟我们来吗
Y’all coming with us?
彼得森先生
Mr. Peterson.
来我们的船跟邦德先生一道吧
Why don’t you come in our boat with Mr. Bond here?
受困海上四十八天
他在哪里
Where… Where is he?
波拉德
Pollard?
劳伦斯先生 醒醒
Mr. Lawrence. Mr. Lawrence, wake up.
另一艘船去哪里了
Where’s the other boat gone?
波拉德
Pollard!
-波拉德船长 -波拉德船长
-Captain Pollard! -Captain Pollard!
波拉德船长
Captain Pollard, sir!
-波拉德 -船长
-Pollard. -Captain!
波拉德船长
Captain Pollard!
波拉德
Pollard!
怎么了
What’s the matter?
班哲明 你在干嘛
Benjamin. What are you doing?
他死了
He’s dead.
给他海葬
Putting him overboard, sir.
看着我
Look at me.
看着我 班哲明
Look at me, Benjamin.
理智的水手不会丢弃救命工具
No right-minded sailor discards what might yet save him.
听我说 小子
Listen to me, boy. Listen to me.
他能救我们
He can help us.
上帝 天上君主
My God. My heavenly king.
和蔼是其恩典的力量
Sweetness is the power of his grace.
望眼欲穿
With longing eyes,
祢的创造物等待祢赐予每日食物
thy creatures await on thee for daily food.
我的灵魂已死
My soul is dead.
于是我们决定了
So it was decided.
我们把尸体剖开
We prepared the body.
切除器官
We removed the organs.
分开四肢和躯体
Separated his limbs from his body
刮下骨头上的所有肉
and cut all the flesh from the bones.
之后…
After which,
我们组合尸骨
we closed the body
缝起来
and we sewed it up
尽可能体面地
as decently as we could
献给大海
and committed it to the sea.
我们先吃心脏
We ate the heart first.
你在批判我
You judge me.
没有
No.
终于
There.
终于
There.
我说出来了
It is done.
真♥相♥大白了
It is out.
你从没告诉任何人
And you’ve never told anyone?
没有
No.
甚至你妻子
Not even your wife?
若她得知我罪不容诛的恶行
Do you think she could ever love me
你想她还会爱我吗
if she knew the abominations I had committed?
会 她会
Yes. She would.
如果我们相遇时 你告诉我这个故事
And if you had told me the story when we met,
我今天还是会戴着你的婚戒
I would still wear your ring today.
那男孩的力量
The strength of that boy
还活在你心里
still lives in you.
我看得到
I see that.
即使你看不见
Even if you don’t.
说完你的故事吧 亲爱的
You can finish your story now, my love.
坐起来
Hey, sit up.
听着
Listen,
头躺回去
put your head back.
我们还剩几滴水
Look, we still got a few drops of water left.
别放弃 我们会回家
Don’t you quit on me. We’re going home.
你在家乡有家人吗 契斯先生
Do you have a family back home, Mr. Chase?
有 我有妻子
Yeah, I have a wife.
还有一个儿子或女儿
Yes, and a son or a daughter.
受困海上七十一天 南美西边一千二百海里
好吧
Very well.
船长
Captain.
重抽一次
We will draw again.
绝不可以
We will do no such thing.
重抽一次
We’ll draw again.
兰司岱先生
Mr. Ramsdell,
由你指挥这艘船
you will assume command of this vessel.
表弟 麻烦了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!