Tell Alvin it’s a prisoner. In Lancing.
告诉艾文那是兰辛的一位囚犯
Get me a rap sheet on this man, please.He mentioned the Clutter case.
把他所有的犯罪记录给我他提及克拉特的案子
He wouldn’t say any more unless he was called out of the cellblock.
他不肯多说,除非他离开牢房♥
I have the warden on the other phone now.Might be a break.
我正和典狱长通话这也许是个突破
If it is, I’ll be out to Garden City tonight with the tape.
如果真是如此,我今晚会带着那卷带子去花♥园♥市一趟
No, phone’s too risky.
不要,打电♥话♥太冒险
Hello? Yes.
哈啰?是的
我第一次见到他是在监狱 希考?
是的,长官. 我们在同一间牢房♥
继续说
我们互述人生经历. 我跟他说·
我曾给一位名叫克拉特的农夫干过活
你曾为他干过活?
是,长官. 那是十或十一年前
迪克想知道克拉特先生是不是有钱人,而我说…
”有时他一周的营运费就要一万元”
此后,迪克就不断地提出许多问题
那家庭有多少成员?克拉特有保险箱吗?
迪克说他要如何抢劫克拉特的家…
他和同伙一起干
还有他要如何干掉所有的目击者
我从不相信他,我想那只是…
What took him so long to speak up?
什么事让他等这么久才说出来
Afraid of other prisoners.Issue a pickup warrant.
害怕其他的囚犯. 发布逮捕令
All points bulletin.
通报所有要点
We better make it for parole violation,passing bad checks.
最好让它看来像是违反假释法令发出假消息
If they know they’re wanted for murder…
如果他们知道是因杀人被通缉·
Yeah. The question is why they did it.
没错问题是他们为何要那么做
Why did Cain kill Abel? And who cares?
为什么肯要杀艾勃有人会关心吗?
They did it, and they’ll swing for it.
他们干的,他们就要为此付出代价
If they did it and if we can prove it.
假设是他们干的而且我们要能证明才行
When we cross this bridge,we’re in Mexico.
过了这座桥我们就到墨西哥了
Free, clear and safe.
也就万事大吉了
Fabulous Mexico.
美妙的墨西哥
Mr. Smith?
史密斯?
Mr. Tex Smith?
特克史密斯先生?
Cops? Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
警♥察♥吗?堪萨斯调查局
Is this your son, Perry?
派瑞,这是你儿子吗?
Yep, that’s him all right.
是的,那是我儿子
Gets his looks from his mother.
他长的很像他的母亲
Part Cherokee.
有印第安血统
Will you have some coffee? When did you see him last?
你要来点咖啡吗? 最后一次是何时看见他
Couple of years ago. In prison?
几年前,在监狱吗?
I was just fixing to make some grub.You want some eats?
我刚做了些食物,你们想吃点吗?
He was in for three and a half years.He’s been out on parole for six months.
他在监狱三年半,他现在己经假释了六个月之久
Well, then I guess I haven’t seen him for five or six years.
我想我已经五六年没看见他了
That’s not surprising though.He’s a lone wolf just like me.
那并不令人惊讶,他就像我一样,是一个独来独往的人
You can rest easy on one thing sure…
你可以确定一件事
…you won’t be having any more trouble with Perry.
派瑞不会再闯祸了
He’s learned his lesson for sure.
他已经学乖了
When he wrote me from prison,I wrote him back pronto.
当他从监狱中写信给我 我马上就回信给他
“Boy, you take your punishment with a smile.
”孩子,你得笑着接受你的惩罚
“I didn’t raise you to steal,so don’t expect me to cry…
”我不是养你去偷东西的所以别期望我会为了…
“…because you got it tough behind the bars.”
”你在牢中吃苦而哭
Perry’s no fool. He knows when he’s beat.
派瑞不是笨蛋他知道自己不敌
You fellows have got him whipped forever.The law’s the boss.
你们已让他学乖了. 法律至上
He knows the difference between right and wrong.
他能分辨是非的
I taught my kids a golden rule:Always tell the truth…
我告诉我的孩子们一个金律永远要说实话…
…wash in the morning,be sober and independent.
早上要洗脸,不沾酒并且独♥立♥自主
I showed him how.
我以身作则
How to prospect, how to trap fur,how to carpenter, how to bake bread…
教他如何勘探,如何设阱抓鸟如何做木匠,如何烤面包…
…how to be his own boss.
如何做他自己的主人
Yes, he’s a chip off the old block, all right.
是的,有其父必有其子. 对吧
I never had no trouble with my kids,not as long as Flo and me was together.
当佛罗和我在一起时小孩向来都很乖
But she wanted the wild life.
但她想要过狂野的生活
So she took the kids and ran off.Turned them against me.
所以她带着小孩跑走了带着他们跟我作对
All but Perry.
除了派瑞
I don’t know what got into her.
我不知她为何会这么做
She started drinking.Turned into a hopeless drunk.
她开始酗酒,变成一个绝望的酒鬼
Started stepping out with young men.I caught her once and I…
她开始和年轻的小子约会我捉到她一次,我…
Anyway, she died drunk.
结果,她醉酒而死
Choked to death on her own vomit.
是酒后呕吐时窒息而死
So I took Perry and we started roaming to forget it all.
所以我便带着派瑞开始流浪想要忘记一切
I took him with me everywhere.
我们四处流浪
How that boy loved me.
那孩子是很爱我的
At night, when it was cold…
在天气冷的晚上.
…we’d sleep cuddled up.
我们依偎在一起睡觉
He’d hang onto me with his little arms,so tight.
他用那小小的手臂紧紧地抱着我
I’d tell him stories about the great adventures we was gonna have.
我便告诉他一些我们将要经历的冒险计划
How we was gonna strike it rich.
我们如何会变成有钱人
Buried treasures.
深埋地底的宝藏
Gold.
黄金
In Alaska.
就在阿♥拉♥斯加
That’s where this picture was took.Him and me in Alaska.
这张照片就是他和我在阿♥拉♥斯加拍的
You just ask Perry if I wasn’t a good father to him.
你问问派瑞我是不是一位好父亲
I always shared, always.When I eat, he eats.
我总会和他一同分享当我吃东西时,他也吃
You just tell Perry,when I die all my insurance goes to him.
你只管告诉派瑞,等我死后所有的保险金额都会给他
Yes, sir.
好的
His life is all set.
他的生活都规划好了
Great news!
好消息!
I met this kid. He’s a shoeshine boy.
我遇见一个小孩他是个擦皮鞋的小弟
He’s got a cousin in Yucatan, a fisherman.
他有位堂兄住在油卡田是一位船夫
And he’s got a powerboat. So?
而且他有艘引擎快艇 所以呢?
So, we drive to Yucatan, we sell the car…
所以我们该开车去油卡田我们可以卖♥♥掉车子…
…buy us a load of deepsea diving gear…
…买♥♥一套深海潜水的装备
…and “pow,” we hit the Cort閟 jackpot.
…然后,我们就会得到科特斯大奖
$60 million in Spanish gold.
六千万的西班牙黄金
Of course, we’ll have to cut the kid in,and his cousin, too.
没错,我还得分那小弟和他的堂哥各一份
But even so, Yucatan!
虽然如此,油卡田仍值得去!
Hot, dry, clean…
热、干燥、清洁
…no crowd, no noise.
…没有人群,没有噪音
Doing what we came to do.
做些我们来此该做的吧
How much can we get for the car? $120.
卖♥♥掉那台车可以得到多少 一百二十元
Is that all?
就这点?
Enough to pay the bills.Hotel, bar, groceries.
足够付饭店费、酒钱和杂物费
And with what’s left over,I bought us two bus tickets…
剩下的钱,我只能替我们买♥♥二张公车票…
…as far as Barstow, California.After that, we walk.
…也只能到加州巴斯顿之后,我们只能步行了
So get rid of that ton and a half of garbage.
所以快把这一吨♥半的垃圾丢了
Ship it! Dump it! Burn it! I don’t care.
运走!丢掉!烧掉!我才不管
Only get rid of it, by tonight.’Cause come tomorrow, we’re gone.
今晚就都给我丢掉因为明天我们就要走了
Back to the States. Now listen.
回美国去吧 现在你给我听好
You listen! I’ve had it!
你听好了!我受够了
You, your maps, fishing boats,buried treasure, all of it!
包括你,你的地图,钓鱼快艇沉没的宝藏,全部的一切
Everything! Stop jacking off.
所有的事!别再浪费时间了
There isn’t any caskets of gold.No buried treasure.
根本就没有黄金也没有尘封的宝藏
And even if there was, hell, boy,you can’t even swim.
即使真的有宝藏,孩子你也不会游泳
You want to stick with me, okay.
你想跟着我,可以
You wanna split, that’s okay, too.
你想要分道扬镳,也可以
Only make up your mind.
只要你下定决心
I’ll ship our stuff back to Vegas. Good.
我会把东西寄回拉斯维加斯 很好
晚上我会带个小妞回来
I’ll try to be finished packing before you get back.
我会尽量在你回来前打包好的
What for? Hell, I’m not bashful, baby.
为什么?我不会介意你在旁边
And that, if we find the motive,we find the killer.
知道吗?如果我们找到动机我们就可以找到凶手
Lf.
如果的话
This report was written six months…
这份报告是克拉特一家被杀前
…before the Clutters were killed.
六个月写出来的
题为”不具明显动机的谋杀”
At the Menninger Clinic,right here in Kansas…
就在堪萨斯的明尼格诊所
…a study was made of four killers.
研究过四个杀人犯
They all had certain things in common.
他们都有相同的征状
They all committed senseless murders.
他们杀人时都是没有任何动机
They all felt physically inferior and sexually inadequate.
他们都感到自卑和性无能
Their childhood was violent,or one parent was missing.
他们的童年都很暴戾或处在单亲的家庭中
Or someone else had raised them.
或是由他人扶养长大
They couldn’t distinguish between fantasy and reality.
他们无法辨识幻想和现实
They didn’t hate their victims,they didn’t even know them.
他们根本不憎恨被害人他们甚至不认识他们
They felt no guilt about their crime,and got nothing out of it.
他们对所犯罪行并不感到罪恶感也未从中获利
And most important,they told the police or a psychiatrist…