rock and roll was the devil.
我,我站在沟壑之前,悬崖之上
Me, I was in a ditch, up a cliff,
抬起了脚步,准备着退出
out of step, ready to quit.
我写了一些东西 一些在你无家可归时会写的东西
I wrote the kind of stuffyou write when you have no place to live
面对着消防泵的高压时 你只能选择闭口不言
and you’re wrapped upin the fire pump.
绝望和怜悯几乎让我杀了自己
I nearly killed myselfwith pity and despair.
然后,我写下了它
And then I wrote it.
感觉就像是在熔岩里游泳
It was like swimming in lava.
在里面蹦跳,踢腿
Skipping, kicking,
用你的脚去抓一根钉子
catching a nail with your foot,
看着受你愚弄的人从树上倒吊下来
seeing your victimhanging from a tree.
现在将要出场的人
The person who’s coming out now
在某种意义上
is a person who has, in a sense,
是位改变了美国民谣音乐面貌的伟人
changed the faceof American folk music…
女士们、先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
现在出场的这个人
the personwho’s coming out now…
是他这个时代的传奇
…is a legend in his time.
他的名字是裘德·奎恩!
And his name is Jude Quinn!
# 我尽了最大努力去做我自己 #
[歌♥名:Maggie’s farm 专辑:Bring it Back Home]
# Well, I try my bestto be just like I am #
# 但所有人都希望你变成他们那样#
# But everybody wants youto be just like them #
# 你被奴役而他们在歌♥唱 但是我厌倦了这一切#
# They say sing while you slavebut I just get bored #
# 我再也不要在麦琪的农庄里工作#
# Well, I ain’t gonna workon Maggie’s farm no more #
现在给我把音量关小!
I want that volume down now!
我不能把音量关小
I can’t turn the volume down!
我甚至连一句话都听不到! – 嘿,伙计…
I can’t even hear the words!- Hey, man…
嘿,出什么问题?
Hey what’s wrong?
伙计,你要去做什么?
Man, what are you going to do?
你要到那边去干什么?
What are you going to do up there?
我要去把那该死的电线给砍了!
I’m going to cutthe goddamn… lead!
对于我所做的事情,我很抱歉
Sorry for everything I’ve done,
另外,呃,我希望很快能对此作出补救 〔1965年的专辑因为其摇滚乐队的编曲曲风,遭到了民谣乐迷的反对 这里描述的应该是newport民谣音乐节的情况〕
and, uh, I hopeto remedy it soon.
该死! – 垃圾!
Shit!- Crap!
垃圾!我抗♥议♥
Garbage! J’accuse!
啊,感觉就像是他在迎合
Ah, it’s just likehe’s trying to conform
某些流行的口味
to some sort of popular taste
还有他背后那群老掉牙的乐队
with this incrediblycorny group behind him,
不过他这是…他就是在作贱自己
but he’s just… he’s just prostituting himself.
他…他就像是彻底的变了个人
He’s… He’s justchanged completely.
他和之前不一样了
He’s changed from what he was.
他和最初的那个人不同了
He’s not the sameas he was at first.
他什么都不是,就像个假冒的神经病患者
Nothing but a fake neurotic
在臭水沟里爬行
crawling through the gutter.
如果这就是他穿过臭水沟的方式
If that is the wayhe walks through a gutter,
我绝对不要像他这样,在臭水沟里爬来爬去
I would rather walk with my head upthrough a gutter than like him,
我会抬头挺胸的走过去
crawling through the bloody gutter,
简直是制♥造♥了一堆垃圾出来!
just making a pile out of it!
他现在就是这么干的!
That’s what he is doing!
他根本就是在制♥造♥垃圾音乐!
He is just making a pile out of it!
我有点喜欢这种让我汗毛倒立的感觉
I kinda liked gettingblasted out of my skin.
我觉得他很邪恶
I think he’s evil.
我们曾经是他最忠实的乐迷
And we were his biggest fans.
# 你真是好大的胆子 #
[歌♥名:Positively 4th Street]
# You’ve got a lot of nerve #
#说你是我的朋友 #
# To say you are my friend #
#当我倒下的时候#
# When I was down #
# 你就站在那里冷笑 #
# You just stood there grinning #
# 你真是好大的胆子 #
# You’ve got a lot of nerve #
# 敢说你愿意伸手来帮助 #
# To say you gota helping hand to lend #
# 你只不过是想 #
# You just want to be #
# 站在胜利的那一边 #
# On the side that’s winning #
这既不是民谣,也不是摇滚
It’s not folk, it’s not rock,
而是用一种全新的方式 来展示事情本来的模样
but a brand-new wayof telling it like it is.
毫无疑问,裘德·奎恩就是那个开创者
And Jude Quinn is definitely what’s happening.
现在他来了
Here he comes now.
奎恩先生!奎恩先生!
Mr. Quinn! Mr. Quinn!
你有什么话要对你的乐迷说吗?
Have you got a wordfor your fans?
呃,宇航员
Uh, astronaut.
# 见到你 #
# What a drag it is #
# 是多么讨厌的一件事#
# To see you #
奎恩先生! – 奎恩先生!
Mr. Quinn!- Mr. Quinn!
看这里! – 奎恩先生!
Over here!- Mr. Quinn!
什么? – 看这里,裘德!
Yes?- Look over here, Jude!
谢谢
Thank you.
关于你最近在新英格兰亮相时
Why do you think you were booed
遭到观众的嘘声,你怎么看?
at your recent appearancein New England?
好吧,嗯,我…
Well, um, I f…
我想在所有人当中,喝倒彩的只是一小部分
I figure there’sa little boo in all of us.
裘德! – 奎恩先生,奎恩先生!
Jude!- Mr. Quinn, Mr. Quinn!
听说你不再唱那些抗♥议♥歌♥曲了,是真的吗?
Is it true you no longersing protest songs?
是谁说的?
Who said that?
不是我说的
I didn’t say that.
我只是,呃,我在别的地方读到 说你不再进行示♥威♥抗♥议♥了
I was just, uh… I read somewherethat you no longer do the protesting.
抗♥议♥就是我要做的所有事情
Well, that’s all I ever do is protest.
你有什么话要对读者说吗?
Do you have a message?
你有什么?
Do you?
我的意思是,你是否在尝试完成些什么事?
I mean, are you trying to accomplish anything?
我是不是要完成什么事?
Am I trying to accomplish anything?
你会试着改变这个世界,或者是做些别的吗?
Are you trying to changethe world or anything?
你刚才是说,我想要试图改变世界?
What am I trying to changethe word, did you say? Is…
你明白我的意思,你是否想要将 你的理想主义推销给别人?
You know, are you trying to push your idealism to the people?
没有 – 请允许我插一句,奎恩先生
No.- Excuse me, Mr. Quinn.
也许你可以告诉我们
Perhaps you could tell us…
你们谁有火柴?
Do you have a match?
那些和你在同一个音乐葡萄园中耕耘
…how many people who laborin the same musical vineyards
的音乐人中,有多少…
in which you toil…
非常的感谢
That’s very pretty.
有多少人,时至今日,你还会将其 称作一个示♥威♥者歌♥手
How many would you sayare protest singers today?
也就是那些向我们所生活的社会现状 发出不满的抗♥议♥吼声的人
That is, people who protestagainst the social state we live in?
呃,多少个?
Uh, how many?
嗯,有多少呢?
Yes. Are there many?

Yeah, um…
我觉得,大概有136个吧
I-I think there’s about 136.
奎恩先生,我是文化直击的基南·琼斯
Mr. Quinn, Keenan Jonesfrom Culture Beat.
作为引领着年轻一代示♥威♥活动的标杆人物
As someone symbolic of the protestmovement among young people,
有人对你最近的这张专辑发出了质疑
some have questioned,given your latest recordings,
就是你到底还在不在乎 那些你曾经关注过的人群
whether or not you still careabout people as you once did.
嗯,不过,你知道
Yeah, but, you know,
对于这些词,我们都有自己的定义
we all have our own definitionsof all those words.
‘关注’还有’人群’…
“Care” and “people…”
好吧,我觉得我们都知道 人群的意思
Well, I think we all knowthe definition of people.
是的,没错
Yeah.
我们真的清楚吗?
Do we?
好吧,那是你的看法吧 那么,如果在当时,我是说万一,在和平运动
Well, is it your belief,then, that folk music
或者是黑人种族运动的时候
has, perchance, failed to achieveits goals with the Negro cause
民谣音乐并没有实现它的目标,会怎么样呢?
or the cause of peace?
你知道吗,提到’和平事业’这个词
You know, saying “cause of peace”
就好像是在说一大块黄油一样…
is just like saying…like a hunk of butter.
你知道么,我不明白的是 为什么有人会去相信
You know, I don’t knowhow you can listen to anybody
那些试图让你专注于黄油的大小
who wants you to believeis dedicated to the hunk
而不是黄油本身的人的谎话
and not the butter.
我不太确定我是否明白你的意思
I’m not sure I follow.
你要知道,没有人会把我的话当做圣旨
You know, I didn’t comeout of some cereal box.
没有人会因为一首歌♥
There’s… There’s no one out there
就彻底的转变
who’s ever going to beconverted by a song.
让运动和罢♥工♥继续的
There’s no Phil Ochs song that’s going to keep
绝不是菲尔·奥克斯的歌♥
[Phil Ochs,和迪伦同时代的抗♥议♥先驱,民谣歌♥手]
a movement movingnor the picket line picketing.
他的歌♥只是在表达自身的政♥治♥理念
His songs are actsof personal conscience,
就好比烧了征兵卡或者自焚一样
like burning a draft cardor burning yourself.
除了能表达你的不认同外,什么都做不到
Doesn’t do a damn thingexcept disassociate you
而你的观众们,正来自这个世界的所有罪恶当中
and your audience fromall the evils of the world.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!