# 就像巨人歌♥利亚 #
# And like Goliath #
# 他们终会被征服 #
# They’ll be conquered #
实在是太棒了! – 非常好听
Just terrific!- Fantastic!
演奏的太好了
That was a fine job.
谢谢你,谢谢你 – 很棒的表演
Thank you, thank you.- That’s just wonderful.
能再帮我准备点饮料吗?
How about another helping?
伍迪? – 什么事,太太
Woody?- Yes, ma’am.
再来点酒,伍迪?
More wine, Woody?
好的,先生,谢谢,先生
Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
你有什么目标呢?
Do you knowwhat your plans are from here?
我真正的,也是唯一的目标 就是成为一个歌♥手
My only real planis to become a singer,
一个能上电视的真正的歌♥手
a real singer on television,
或者是能够代表人们心声的,你明白我的意思吧?
either that or a kind of voiceof the people, you know?
很有趣
Interesting.
因为我自己写了一些歌♥
Because I’ve beenwriting me some songs,
关于现在发生的事情的歌♥
songs about what’s going on.
而且我会带着这些歌♥
And I’m going to take these songs,
我要直接去好莱坞
and I’m going to headstraight to Hollywood.
然后变得像艾尔维斯·普莱斯利那样出名
Going to make it big just like Elvis Presley.
好吧,伍迪,如果你成功了
Well, Woody, I wouldn’t be surprised
我一定都不会惊讶的
if you did just that.
伍迪,给 – 谢谢
There you are, Woody.- Thank you.
在你觉得百分之百恢复之前,哪里都不准去 你听到我说的话没有?
And don’t you go rushing off anyplaceuntil you feel 1000/0, you hear?
好的,太太
Yes, ma’am.
至少在你有个家的时候,我要多疼爱你一些
Have to mother you while you still havea roof over your head.
会是谁呢?
Who on earth?
有人说要打给你过吗? – 没有
Are you expecting a call?- No.
那么,你的目标是好莱坞?
So, Hollywood?
哈啰 – 为什么不去锡盘巷呢?
[Tin pan valley:纽约的一条街道 一般被作为当地音乐出版发行商的代称]
– Hello?- Not Tin Pan Alley?
是的,是我,你是?
Yes, it is. Who’s calling?
明尼苏达?
Minnesota?
好吧,为什么…
Well, how could…
菲尔德医生?是的
Dr. Field, yes.
你能稍等一下吗?
Would you hold onjust a moment, please?
是谁?伊瑟尔
Esther?
是明尼苏达的一个少管中心
It’s a juvenile center in Minnesota.
什么地方?
A what?
某个地方…感化院之类的
Something… Corrections.
杰克,你来和他们说
You talk to ’em, Jack.
他们觉得那个人是伍迪
They think it’s Woody.
他们知道些伍迪的什么事?
What do they know about Woody?
他们说他们在找一个…
They said they’re looking for some…
一个少年犯,但是…
a juvenile, but…
去过好几个州,你知道的,说成是逃犯的样子
some state, you know, fugitive.
肯定不是伍迪
Certainly not Woody.
# 望着门柱上的箭矢 #
[歌♥名:Blind Willie McTell 专辑:The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3]
# Seen the arrow on the doorpost #
# 说着这块土地将遭到谴责 #
# Sayin’ this land is condemned #
现在的我就是个一路前行的人
Now, I’m just one walker that’s stood way up
望着沿路周遭的各种景色
and looked way downacross plenty o’ sights
阅读着它们在葱郁和枯萎季节的不同
in all their veiledand nakedest seasons.
眺望,聆听
Sighting it, hearing it,
去看,去感受,去呼吸发生的一切
seeing and feelingand breathing it in.
将它们吸收
Sucking down on it.
揉搓进我皮肤的毛孔中
Rubbing it allin the pores of my skin,
然后微风从眼前抚过
and the wind between my eyes
让蜂蜜落进我的蜂巢里
knocking honey in my comb.

Whoa.
# 瞎子威利·麦克泰尔 #
[著名的民谣歌♥手在新泽西的医院里遭受病痛的煎熬 这里指得就是伍迪·格斯里]
# Blind Willie Mc Tell #
# 看着大种植园在燃烧 #
# See them big plantations burnin’ #
# 听着皮鞭挥舞的声响 #
# Hear the crackin’ of the whips #
# 闻着木兰花开放的香甜 #
# Smell that sweetmagnolia bloomin’ #
#看着奴隶船的幽魂出没 #
# See the ghost of slavery ships #
有什么需要我帮忙的吗?
May I help you?
这是给格斯里先生的花 〔真正的伍迪·格斯里在61年因亨廷顿综合症 已经处于濒死状态,迪伦多次去探望过他〕
Flowers for Mr. Guthrie.
300号♥房♥间,进门就是
Room 300. Just set ’em inside.
谢谢你,女士
Thank you, ma’am.
# 好吧,上帝在他的天堂 #
# Well, God is in His heaven #
# 我们都在想着那是什么样子 #
# And we all want what’s His #
# 但是力量、贪婪和腐朽的种子 #
# But power and greedand corruptible seed #
# 似乎就是那里拥有的所有东西#
# Seem to be all that there is #
# 我盯着圣·詹姆斯旅馆#
# I’m gazin’ out the window #
# 房♥间里的窗子之外 #
# Of the St. James Hotel #
# 我还知道没有人的蓝调 #
# And I know no onecan sing the blues #
# 能唱得像虾米威利·麦克威尔那样 #
# Like Blind Willie Mc Tell #
我记得,呃
I remember, uh,
电视里正在放肯尼迪的葬礼 然后我们坐在屋子外面
Kennedy’s funeral was on TV,and we were sitting outside.
你可以听到
You could hear it.
我用手一把把地抓着草
I was pulling upchunks of grass with my fist
觉得我们之间的关系越来越远
and feeling like we were splitting apart.
然后…然后,我问他
And… And, yeah, I asked him
是什么让我们的想法有那么大的分歧
what did he thinkmade us so different?
他说原因很简单
And he said it was simple.
你知道的,我认为我可以改变那些事情
You know, I thoughtthat I could change things,
而他觉得没有人有能力去改变
and he knew that no one could.
就比如肯尼迪的事情 〔1963年左右,肯尼迪被暗♥杀♥,65年调查报告出炉 迪伦和贝茨的分歧越来越大,最终分手〕
You know, look at Kennedy.
然后是在美国人♥民♥自♥由♥联盟出丑的事情
Then there was the fiascoat the Civil Liberties Union,
他们给杰克发了公民权利奖
where Jack receivedthe Civil Rights Award
他喝了有三大桶的酒, 然后惹出了乱子
and drank three vats of winefor the trouble.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
我想代表所有前去古巴的人
I wanna accept thison behalf of, uh,
接受这个奖项
everybody thatwent down to Cuba.
首先是因为你们都很年轻
First of all,because you’re all young, you know?
我花了很长时间才变年轻的
And it’s took mea long time to get young,
我认为我现在也很年轻
and now I consider myself young.
而且我为此很自豪
And I’m proud of it.
这已经不是那些老头子的世界了
It ain’t old people’s world out there.
我的意思是,现在坐在这里的不应该是你们
I mean, you allshouldn’t even be here.
我是说…时代不同了
I mean… it’s not like before.
没有什么黑白分明
There’s no black or white,
也没有什么左翼、右翼了
no more left wing,right wing, you know?
现在只有上翼还有下翼了
There’s up wingand there’s down wing,
所以我才会这么觉得,你晓得吗?
which is why I think that, you know,
我觉得这个朝肯尼迪总统开枪的人
this man who shot President Kennedy,
这个李·奥斯瓦尔德
this Lee Oswald,
我在自己的内心里 发现了和他相同的想法
I think I saw something that… that he felt… in me.
嘿,不过我只是想说…
Hey, but I’m just saying…
你们可以随意嘘别人,但是光动嘴巴 根本做不了什么事!
You can boo, but booing’sgot nothing to do with it!
你知道吗?他们根本不了解我
They didn’t understand me,you know,
因为他们忙着开宴会狂欢
because they got mind blinders on.
他们满眼看到的都是事业
All they see is the cause
还有为了他们的事业,要怎么利用别人
and how they use peoplefor their cause.
而现在,他们准备利用我来达到某些目的
And now they’re trying to use me for something.
他们想要我…想我 成为某些群体的榜样
The want me to… want meto carry a picket sign
然后好拿着我的照片招摇过市
and have my picture taken,
你明白么?想要做个好黑鬼
be a good little nigger, you know,
首先要学会别弄砸他们的小游戏
and not mess up their little game.
他们要的只是我那些指手画脚的歌♥
All they want from meis finger-pointing songs.
我只有十个手指
I only got ten fingers.
他的合约商、演出商
Anybody who lent that kid a dime
当天晚上都在那个屋子里
was sitting in that room that night.
一星期之后,他对外作出了正式的道歉
A week later, he issueda formal apology.
那是一种猛烈和沉重的感觉
It’s a fierce, heavy feeling,
就仿佛大家在期待你做一些事情
thinking that something’s expected of you,
但是你又不知道那是什么?
but you don’t know exactly what it is.
带来一种奇怪的负罪感
Brings forth a weird kind of guilt.
伍迪·格思里死了
Woody Guthrie was dead.
小理查德成为一个传道士
Little Richardwas becoming a preacher.
所以,不管你是个民谣歌♥手 还是个基♥督♥徒
So, whether you werea folk singer or a Christian,
摇滚都是那个恶魔 〔这是在暗示迪伦从民谣到民谣摇滚的转变〕

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!