如果你是在问我是不是黑豹党的成员
If you’re asking me, man, am I a memberof the Black Panther Party,
我的回答是不是
the answer’s no.
伙计,我没法告诉你我在关注什么
Man, I can’t really tell you how I care.
好吧,那么我猜你至少
Well, I presume at the very least
会关心你每晚要唱的那些东西吧
that you care somethingabout what you sing every night.
你到底… 我怎么可能回答这种问题
What are you…How can I answer that,
你居然敢问我这种问题?
if you got the nerve to ask me?
我得承认,你真的很有胆子 敢拿这样的问题来问我
I mean, you’ve got a lot of nerve,asking me a question like that.
你会问甲壳虫乐队这个问题么? – 我会不…
Do you ask the Beatles that?- Do I…
或者是毁灭前夕先生? – 你敢这么问巴里·麦奎尔么?
[毁灭前夕是巴里·麦奎尔的歌♥,所以两者指的是同一个人]
– Or Mr. Eve of Destruction?- Would you ask Barry McGuire that?
我不得不这么问 因为你够胆问我关注些什么
I have to ask, because you have the nerveto question whether I care.
我可没有问你,因为我不指望从你嘴里得到答案
I’m not questioning you because I don’texpect any answers from you.
维克多·梅切也许会 他看起来就像维克多·梅切
[Victor Mature,电影人]
Maybe Victor Mature.He looks like Victor Mature.
我看更像埃尔莎·兰彻斯特 还带点北方墨西哥人的感觉
More like Elsa Lanchester,man, with a North Mexican kind of thing.
这话可是要被人抗♥议♥的哦,伙计 你知道,这是非常非常大的歧视哦
That’s very protest-y, man.You know, it’s very very protest-y.
你明白么,我现在确定了一件事 要不你就是对所有事情都漠不关心
You know, I am convinced of one thing.You either do care about nothing at all,
或者你就不折不扣是人们心里所想的那样
or tremendously muchthat people think so.
你这是在挥霍我的时间
And you ask for my time?
奎恩先生,我们真的需要你…
Mr. Quinn, we really do need you in…
听好了,两相比较起来,我对你的了解 比你所知道我的,要多得多!
Listen, I know more about you, right,than you will ever know about me.
你觉得我会在乎你在你那张 糟糕小报上写了什么吗?
You think I give a crumpetwhat you write in your lousy paper?
伙计,我现在不需要去找别的人 来告诉我好不好了
Now, I don’t need to look to someone else,man, to tell me I’m good.
批判我吧,我才不在乎
Slaughter me, for all I care.
我拒绝受伤
I refuse to be hurt.
奎恩先生,我们真的需要你回车上来
Mr. Quinn, we reallydo need you in the car.
嘿,伙计
Hey, man.
你是拒绝对任何事情有深切的体会
You refuse feeling deeply about anything.
每个人都能看出来 你做的每一件事
It’s clear to anyonehow entirely self-conscious you are,
都显示出你是个自我意识彻底过剩的人
in everything you do.
够了! – 深切的感受?
That’s enough!- Feeling deeply?
这句话才是你最终的目的?
That’s what this is about?
多贴切的形容啊,那么请你告诉我 我应该有怎么样的感受呢?
What precisely, please do tell,am I supposed to be feeling, huh?
我只是指那些很普通的情绪
I’m simply referring to standard emotions:
疼痛、后悔、爱
Pain, remorse, love.
说的没错,我没有这些感情
Yeah, I have none of those feelings.
# 你走进了房♥间 #
[歌♥名:Ballad of a Thin Man 专辑:Highway 61 Revisited(1965)]
# You walk into the room #
#手中握着一支铅笔#
# With a pencil in your hand #
# 你看到有人赤身裸体 #
# You see somebody nakedand you say #
# 你问,那个人是谁? #
# “Who is that man?” #
# 你想了又想 #
# You try so hard #
# 可就是不明白#
# But you don’t understand #
# 当你回家的时候,你会说些什么? #
# Just what you will saywhen you get home #
# 不过这里有些事情正在发生 #
# But there’s somethinghappening here #
# 而你不知道是什么事 #
# And you don’t know what it is #
# 你知道吗?琼斯先生 #
# Do you, Mr. Jones? #
# 于是你递上了门票 #
# So you hand in your ticket #
# 进去观看杂耍的人 #
# And you go watch the geek #
# 他立即走向了你#
# Who immediately walks up to you #
# 当他听见你说话 #
# When he hears you speak #
# 他说#
# And he says #
# 我的朋友,当这样的一个怪物 #
# “Well, how does it feel, my friend #
# 是什么感觉?” #
# To be such a freak?” #
# 你说,不可能 #
# You say, “Impossiblel” #
# 然后他递给你一根骨头#
# As he hands you a bone #
# 你很确信有些事情在这里发生 #
# And you’re positive thatsomething’s happening here #
# 但你不知道是什么事 #
# But you don’t know what it is #
# 你知道吗? #
# Do you #
# 琼斯先生 #
# Mr. Jones? #
# 你交游十分广阔 #
# You have so many contacts #
# 在那些伐木工人之间 #
# Out there among the lumberjacks #
# 当有人攻击你的幻想 #
# To get you the factswhen someone attacks #
# 他们给了你事实 #
# Your imagination #
# 没有人心存敬意 #
# No one has any respect #
# 无论如何他们一直在期待 #
# Anyway, they always expect #
# 你会给他们一张支票 #
# You’ll just give a check #
# 好拿给减税的慈善机构 #
# To tax-deductiblecharity organizations #
# 好吧 #
# Well #
# 你和教授们在一起 #
# You been with the professors #
# 而且他们都喜欢你的长相 #
# And they all like your looks #
# 你和大律师们在一起讨论 #
# And with great lawyers you have #
# 关于麻风病人和恶棍 #
# Discussed lepers and crooks #
# 你已经遍读 #
# You’ve been through all of #
# 弗.司各特.菲茨杰拉德的书 #
[美国梦的作者]
# F. Scott Fitzgerald’s books #
# 你博览众书,这每个人都清楚 #
# You’re very well read,yeah, it’s well known #
# 因为有些事正在这里发生 #
# Because somethingis still happening here #
# 而你不知道是什么事#
# You don’t know what it is #
# 你知道吗? #
# Do you #
# 琼斯先生 #
# Mr. Jones? #
# 那个表演吞剑的人 #
# Well, the sword swallower #
# 他走向你然后跪下 #
# He comes up to youand then he kneels #
# 他交叉自己的身体#
# He crosses himself #
# 然后敲击自己的高跟鞋 #
# And then he clicks his high heels #
# 没有任何的预兆#
# Without further notice #
# 他告诉你这样的感觉 #
# He tells you how it feels #
# 然后他说,这是对你的话的回应 #
# Then he says,”Here’s your mouth back #
# 谢谢你的慷慨借贷 #
# Thanks for the loan” #
关掉,把歌♥关掉
Stop. Stop the song.
#你知… #
# And you kno… #
好吧,我错过了,我又错过了
Well, I missed it. I missed it again.
我错过了
I missed it.
鲍比,你在听我说吗?
Bobby, now you ain’t hearin’ me, man.
不,我们就是群畸形的家伙,你知道吗?
No, we are the geeks. You dig?
那有什么酷的?
But then why is that cool?
我们就像是那群被拉出来游♥行♥的家伙
No, man, we are the onesbeing paraded around
就像是马戏团里的怪物
like some sort of circus freaks.
琼斯先生,过来看哈林咯
[纽约的哈林区,当时应该是黑人、非裔的聚居地 所以这里使用起来有对黑人的蔑视]
“Come on up and see Harlem,Mr. Jones,
不过记得把你的窗户关紧了
but make sure your window’srolled up tight.”
这首歌♥就是地狱,伙计 你得搞清楚
This song is hell, man.You’ve got to understand,
这首歌♥讲了很多关于这社会的东西
this song is sayinga hell of a lot about society.
人人都有权利 伙计,这就是歌♥里要说的
All power to all people,man, that’s what it’s saying.
我又错过了 – 鲍比
I missed it again.- Bobby.
啊,鲍比,没事 就再放一次好了
Aw, Bobby nothing.Just play it again, Huey.
再放一遍
Let’s play it one more time.
# 因为有些事情正在这里发生 #
# Because somethingis happenin’ here #
# 而你不知道是什么事 #
# And you don’t know what it is #
# 你知道吗?#
# Do you #
# 琼斯先生#
# Mr. Jones? #
你看,这就是音乐
You know, this is music.
你们看,你们现在听到的不是英国音乐
You know, what you’re hearingis not English music, all right?
你们肯定也没有真正听过美国的音乐
You’ve never really heardAmerican music before.
所以很显然,你们现在听到的音乐, 还没有名字
And what you hear, obviously, right now,doesn’t have a name.
只是些词句,还有声音而已
It’s words, all right? And sounds.
如果这是些你们不能接受的东西,那很好
If it’s somethingyou disagree with, that’s great.
犹大! 〔犹大的称呼,是在英国巡演时喊出来的 不喜欢电声的听众团体这样称呼迪伦〕
Judas!
我不相信你说的话
I don’t believe you.
犹大!
Judas!
上来这里大声说啊
Come up here and say that.
你们这群说谎的家伙,你们都是
You’re liars, all of you.
我接受混乱
I accept chaos.
我不知道他接不接受我
I’m not sure whether it accepts me.
我们之间很久没有交谈过了
We hadn’t spoken in a long while.
事实上,我觉得他可能和某些人扯上了关系
I think he was involvedwith someone, actually…
他在电♥话♥里和我说了一些事
He said something to me on the phone
说什么天使被吊挂在大楼上
about angels hanging off of buildings,
听起来十分吓人
which was frightening.
我想他大概是出现幻觉了
I thought he was hallucinating.
这是我最后听到的消息
That was the last I heard.
就好像是在传说比利·基德的故事那样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!