-I’m sorry? -For the coffee.
糖?
Sugar?
你以为我是叫你”甜心”吗 你还没那么有钱
You thought I was calling you “sugar”? You’re not that rich.
-在桌上呢 -谢谢
-It’s on the table. -Thank you.
兰尼摔下来的时候 手里拿着一个小型绿色的?
When Lanning fell, he was holding the little green…?
-全息投影仪 -没错
-The holographic projector. -Right.
你认为兰尼的全息影像 为何会打电♥话♥给我?
Why do you think Lanning’s hologram would’ve called me?
-我想你应该认识他 -是的 我认识他
-I assumed you knew him. -Yeah. I knew him.
全息影像就是个很简单的程序 它只是事先录下回答
Holograms are very simple programs. They just prerecorded responses…
让人觉得是这是智能的
designed to give the impression of intelligence.
显然 这个程序是设定在他自杀后打给你的
Apparently, this one was programmed to call you upon his suicide.
-死亡 -什么?
-Death. -I’m sorry?
把全息影像设定在兰尼死了之后打给我
The hologram. It was programmed to call me in the event of Lanning’s death.
没错 自杀也是死亡的一种 警官
Yeah, suicide is a type of death, detective.
-别觉得我不耐烦 -不 不 你去吧
-Look, please don’t misunderstand my impatience. -Oh, no. Go. Go.
对于你们这些人而言 这一周还真是不同寻常
A really big week for you folks around here.
-是啊 -你们要给每家每户安置一台机器人
-Yeah. -You gotta put a robot in every home.
听着 这不是我该做的 不过我对你们的广♥告♥有个想法
Look, this is not what I do, but I got an idea for one of your commercials.
广♥告♥上 放上一位木工在做着一张精美的椅子
You could see a carpenter making a beautiful chair.
然后出来一个机器人花了一半时间做出了一张更好的椅子
And then one of your robots comes in and makes a better chair twice as fast.
最后你出现在屏幕上说”机器人公♥司♥ 废了这种笨蛋吧”
Then you superimpose on the screen, “USR: Shitting on the little guy.”
然后画面慢慢地淡出
That would be the fade-out.
我懂了 估计你父亲就是因为机器人而丢掉工作的
Yeah, I see. I suppose your father lost his job to a robot.
或许你应该封了网络 以保障图书馆继续开放
Maybe you’d have banned the Internet to keep the libraries open.
偏见会让人失去理智
Prejudice never shows much reason.
知道吗 我怀疑你就是不喜欢他们这个群体
No, you know, I suspect you simply don’t like their kind.
你有你的事业要奔波
Well, you got a business to run around here.
你最不希望发生的就是自己公♥司♥死人 尤其是这周
The last thing you need, especially this week, is a dead guy in your lobby.
不过管它呢 既然出了这种事 或许我该到处看看
But, hell, seeing as how you got one, maybe I’ll look around.
问些问题 “警♥察♥”那套嘛
Ask a few questions. Do the whole “cop” thing.
-我会派人陪你 -非常感谢
-I’ll send someone to escort you. -Thank you very much.
劳伦斯要我全力配合你
Lawrence told me to accommodate you in any way possible.
真的吗?
Really?
那好吧
Okay.
我重阅了兰尼博士的心理剖析档案
I reviewed Dr. Lanning’s psych profile.
他深居简出 为了那些机器 拒绝和人接触
Alfred had become a recluse. He rejected human contact for machines.
你是个心理医生吧?
So you’re a shrink, huh?
若我前妻知道我与你交谈 肯定会感到欣慰
My ex-wife would sure be glad I’m talking to you.
你不认识她吧?
You don’t know her, do you?
不好意思 你是在开玩笑吗?
I’m sorry. Are you being funny?
我可不这么想
I guess not.
十楼到了
Level 10.
你觉得兰尼博士有没有自杀倾向?
So would you say that Dr. Lanning was suicidal?
这答案是显而易见的
It would seem the answer to that is apparent.
我是问你自己的感觉
That’s not what I asked you.
不 我不会这么认为
No. I wouldn’t have thought so.
不过显然我判断错了
But obviously I was wrong.
从这摔下去可真高啊
That’s a long way down.
你们的人打扫得真快
You people sure do clean up quickly around here.
这也难怪 有谁愿意看到大厅里躺着个老头发臭呢?
I can’t blame you. Who wants some old guy going bad in the lobby?
他不是某个老头 阿尔弗雷德·兰尼是这里的核心人物
He was not “some old guy.” Alfred Lanning was everything here.
现在是史上最大规模贩售机器人的前夕
We are on the eve of the largest robotic distribution in history.
截止到本周六 每五个人中就有一人将拥有机器人
By Saturday, it’ll be one robot to every five humans.
这些机器人 将能实现兰尼博士的梦想
These robots are the realization of a dream. Dr. Lanning’s dream.
你知道吗 在他的梦里
You know what, in that dream of his…
我敢打赌 他没想过他会死
I bet you he wasn’t dead.
-你们配备了24小时监控? -当然 这是公♥司♥政策
-You keep 24-hour surveillance? -Obviously. Company policy.
-监视器在哪里? -传感带上
-Where are the feeds? -Sensor strips.
除了服务区以外 到处都有
Everywhere but the service areas.
它们与我们的阳离子操作核相连接
They link to our positronic operating core.
恒温器还不够 你们还给这大楼安了个脑子
Thermostat wasn’t good enough. You gave the building a brain.
她其实是兰尼的第一个发明
She was actually Lanning’s first creation.
她? 还是女的? 看来我铁定要挖掘更多的信息
She? That’s a she? I definitely need to get out more.
虚拟交汇的运动智能
Virtual Interactive Kinetic Intelligence.
维基
V.I.K.I.
你好
Good day.
维基设计了芝加哥的防卫系统
V.I.K.I. designed Chicago’s protective systems.
仅这一年 我就让交通事故死亡率下降了9个百分点
I have decreased traffic fatalities by 9 percent this year alone.
谢谢 给我看看窗户被破坏前一分钟实验室内的影像
Thanks. Show me inside the lab from one minute prior to the window break.
抱歉 看来数据出错了
Apologies. There appears to be data corruption.
那让我看看从窗户被破坏 到现在的实验室外的影像
Show me outside the lab from the window break until now.
看 你的姿势很棒 你站得很直 我就没精打采的
Look, you have great posture. You stand really straight. I’m slouching.
-你想现在进去吗? -哦 当然了 你先请
-Would you like to go inside now? -Oh, sure. Right after you.
授权进入
Authorized entry.
凯尔文博士 你在这里到底是做什么的?
So, Dr. Calvin, what exactly do you do around here?
我的大体方向是高级机器人学和精神病学
My general fields are advanced robotics and psychiatry.
虽说我专攻硬件转化为人脑界面
although I specialize in hardware-to-wetware interfaces…
致力于优化机器人公♥司♥的机器人拟人程序
in an effort to advance USR’s robotic anthropomorphization program.
你究竟是做什么的?
So, what exactly do you do around here?
我使机器人更加人性化
I make the robots seem more human.
-这么说不是更容易听懂吗? -不是这样的
-Now, wasn’t that easier to say? -Not really. No.
“奇幻森林历险记”
“Hansel and Gretel.”
-这本书被列在机器人公♥司♥推荐书单上吗? -没有吧
-Is that on the USR reading list? -Not precisely.
你到底在做什么?
What in God’s name are you doing?
你知道这是防爆玻璃吗?
Did you know that was safety glass?
你不觉得对于老年人来说
Be pretty difficult for an old man
要打破玻璃跳出去很困难吗?
to throw himself through that. Don’t you think?
他肯定找到了某种方法
Well, he figured out a way.
警官 这房♥间置有安全锁 无人能进出
Detective, the room was security locked. No one came or went.
这是你亲眼所见 这不正意味着是自杀案件吗?
You saw that yourself. Doesn’t that mean this has to be suicide?
没错
Yep.
除非杀手还藏在这里
Unless the killer’s still in here.
你在开玩笑吧? 这太荒谬了
You’re joking, right? This is ridiculous.
我知道 三大定律是你们完美的循环保护定律
Yeah, I know. The Three Laws, your perfect circle of protection.
机器人技术第一定律就是机器人不得伤人
A robot cannot harm a human being. The first law of robotics.
没错 我看过你们的广♥告♥
Yes, I’ve seen your commercials.
而第二条指出机器人需要
But the second law states a robot must obey…
遵循人类发出的指令 那如果有人下令让它杀人呢?
any order given by a human being. What if it was told to kill?
不可能 这与第一条定律冲突了
Impossible. It would conflict with the first law.
没错 而第三条又指出机器人可以正当防卫
Right, but the third law states a robot can defend itself.
是的 只要该行为不与前两条定律相悖
Yes, only when that action does not conflict with the first or second laws.
你知道人们怎么说吗 规则就是用来被违反的
You know what they say, laws are made to be broken.
不 这些定律可不行 它被植入了每台机器人的电路
No, not these laws. They’re hardwired into every robot.
就如同人不能在水面上行走 机器人也不能杀人
A robot could no more commit murder than a human could walk on water.
知道吗 很多年前 有个人
You know, there was this one guy a long time ago.
-退后 -冷静点 警官
-Stay back! -Calm down, detective.
这房♥间里唯一的危险因素就是你
The only thing dangerous in this room is you.
撤销行动
Deactivate.
看 没事了
Look, it’s fine.
你面对的是一款高科技的智能系统
You’re looking at the result of clever programming.
模仿人类意志 仅此而已
An imitation of free will. It’s nothing more.
让我们来模拟一下自保场景
Let’s do an imitation of protecting our asses.
太荒谬了
Don’t be absurd.
你只是被盒子里的小丑吓到了
You were startled by a jack-in-the-box.
-撤销行动 -放他走
-Deactivate! -Let him go.
他不会伤害到我们的 我命令你
It’s not going to hurt us. I gave you an order!
-他根本不听你的 女士 -维基 封锁实验室
-He’s not listening right now, lady. -V.I.K.I., seal the lab!
别 维基 开着
No, V.I.K.I., leave the…
命令确认
Command confirmed.
警♥察♥
Police!
-你伤它太重 -他这是要去哪里?
-You’ve hurt it. Badly. -Where’s it going?
-哪里? -他需要自我修复
-Where?! -It needs to repair itself.
约翰 我需要支援 我现在把方位发给你
John, I need backup.I’m trasmitting my location.
你不需要支援
You don’t need backup.
只是无名小卒
That’s nobody.
-你在干什么? -我在开车
-What are you doing? -I’m driving.
-用手吗? -你没看到我在打电♥话♥吗?
-By hand? -Do you see me on the phone?
-别开这么快 -约翰 拜托了 快点派人来支援
-Not at these speeds. -John, please, just send the backup.
听我说 警官 那机器人并不会伤害我们的
Try to listen, detective. That robot is not going to harm us.
一定有某些未知因素
There must have been unknown factors…
所以突然间就使出了暴♥力♥手段

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!