Yeah.
你该去印度看看
You should go to India.
我不能去印度
I can’t go to India.
是不能还是不想
Can’t or won’t?
印度可没有爱达荷的博伊西那么近 凯伦
India is not Boise, Idaho, Karen.
但那里有个拥有和苏菲相同虹膜结构的人
There is someone there with Sofi’s exact iris pattern.
眼睛和大脑是相通的
The eyes and the brain are connected.
如果不同的人能够拥有
If the cellular structure in the eye
相同的眼部细胞结构
is reoccurring from person to person,
那或许大脑中的某些东西
then maybe something in the brain
也是能够被复♥制♥的
carries over as well,
比如某种神经系统上的联♥系♥
like a neurological link…
也许眼睛从某种程度上说真的是…
Maybe the eye really is some kind of…
灵魂的窗口
window to the soul.
灵魂?凯伦 灵魂?
Soul, Karen? Soul?
我的妻子居然会说『灵魂』这个词?
Is my wife really using the word “soul”?
就像你相信它真的存在一样?
Like you hold any validity in that?
你想怎么称呼它都可以
Call it whatever you want to call it.
西蒙斯博士测试的是我们的儿子
Dr. Simmons was testing a memory connection
和保罗·埃德加·戴瑞间的记忆联♥系♥
between our son and Paul Edgar Dairy.
这不是我们的实验 但你可以去印度寻找答案
And it wasn’t our test,but you can go to India,
你可以去找那个和苏菲有着一样眼睛的人
and you can find this person with Sofi’s eyes,
然后也做一个相同的测试
and you can do the same.
我不能去那里
I can’t go there.
不就是印度吗 你为什么不…
It’s just India. Why can’t you make…
不是印度 我不能回到那个地方!
Not India. I can’t go there!
不能回到那段记忆里!
I can’t go back there!
我不能回到那一段人生里!
I can’t go back to that part of my life!
我做不到!
I can’t do it!
我想做的只有放手
I gotta just let it go.
我知道我的丈夫
The man I married…
不是这样的人 他不会让悲伤
I don’t think he would let his own grief,
哪怕是巨大的悲伤
even if it was overwhelming,
去阻止自己探索一个
get in the way of what could potentially be
可能是全世界迄今为止
the greatest scientific discovery
最伟大的科学发现
the world has ever seen.
这比你更重要
This is bigger than you.
比我更重要
It’s bigger than me.
比苏菲更重要
It’s bigger than Sofi.
你应该自己去
Then maybe you should go.
我想去
I would…
但我不了解苏菲
but I didn’t know Sofi.
这个结果只是巧合罢了 你明白吧
It’s a false positive,you understand?
一定是出错了 一定是的
It’s an error;it has to be an error.
从统计学来说这不可能
It’s a statistically impossible data point.
如果我让这把手♥机♥掉落一千次
If I drop this phone a thousand times,
一百万次
a million times,
有那么一次 它没有下坠
and one time it doesn’t fall,
就一次
just once,
它飘了起来
it hovers…
悬在了空中
in the air…
哪怕这是个错误 也是值得探究的错误
…that is an error that’s worth looking at.
你真是个固执的人
You’re so fucking stubborn.
米拉·戴维的生活
Technology has barely touched
几乎没有享受过科技的福祉
Mira Devi’s daily life.
在她的小棚屋里
In her hut, muscle,
日常家务都由双手而非机器完成
not machines,gets the chores done.
但米拉以及数百万相同处境的妇女
That is about to change for Mira
即将迎来生活的转变
and perhaps millions like her.
在服务中心
At this center,
凭借生物识别技术
her irises are scanned
她的虹膜被扫描登记
with biometric devices.
资料随后被上载
They’re uploaded and then sent
传送到大型服务器内
to a massive server.
当资料处理完成后
Once this information is processed,
她将获得属于自己 独一无二的12位编码
out comes a 12-digit number for her and her only.
印度独特的身份识别计划
India’s unique identification program
于一年前开始实施
started just a year ago.
一旦成功完成
If it succeeds,
印度将成为世界上
India will become the first country in the world
首个在全国范围内实行
using biometric data for identity purposes
生物身份识别技术的国家
on a national scale.
第一次来印度?
First time to India?
是的
It is, actually.
没错
Yeah.
我叫达里尔·麦肯锡
Darryl Mackenzie.
我是伊恩·格雷博士
Uh, Dr. Ian Gray.
是个博士呢
Oh, “Doctor.”
两个做着杰出工作的人
Two men, both doing good work.
你是做什么的
What do you do?
我是个商人 不过…
Well, I’m in sales,but, uh…
我也为『那个人』服务
…also do The Man’s work.
我是牧师
The Lord’s work.
我明白
Uh, of course.
晚安 格雷博士
Good night, Dr. Gray.
你也晚安
Uh, have a good night.
希望我们会再见
Hope our paths cross again.
你好
Hello.
有什么事吗
Uh, can I help you?
你看着像这里的负责人
You seem like the boss of this place.
负责人?我更像是管马戏团的吧
Boss? No, circus manager, more like it.
我叫普莉娅·瓦尔玛
I’m Priya Varma.
请问有什么事
How can I help you?
我是伊恩·格雷博士
I’m Dr. Ian Gray.
我是从美国来的
I’m visiting from America.
我有个请求 听着可能很奇怪
I have a very strange request.
请说
Yes?
我在找一个人
I’m looking for someone
他前不久在这里做的扫描
who was scanned here a while back.
但我不知道他的名字
The thing is, I don’t have their name.
只有他眼睛的照片
All I have is a picture of their eyes.
他的眼睛是这样的
This is what their eyes look like.
可能颜色会有点差异
They may not be this exact color.
你为什么要找她
Why are you looking for her?
她遇到什么麻烦了吗
Is she in some kind of trouble?
是个女孩?
Her?
不 当然不是
Uh, no, of course not.
她没有遇到什么麻烦
She’s not in trouble.
她的眼睛很特别
She’s incredibly special.
你认出她的眼睛来了?
So you do recognize them?
是的 如果我没认错的话
I do, if it is who I think it is,
你为什么要找她
but why are you looking for her?
你看这张照片
Here’s another photo.
这是怎么回事
Okay, um,this doesn’t make sense.
这是她的眼睛没错
These are her eyes,
但这不是她的脸
but this isn’t her face around them.
这就是我要找她的原因
That’s exactly why I’m looking for her.
她叫萨罗米娜
Salomina.
萨罗米娜 – 是的
– Salomina? – Yeah.
很可爱的女孩 很聪明
Sweet girl, uh,very smart girl.
但是我有段时间没看见她了
But, uh,I haven’t seen her recently.
你最后一次看见她是什么时候
When was the last time you saw her?
几个月前
Uh, a few months ago.
你能帮我找到她吗
Could you help me find her?
我可以给社区中心捐一笔钱
I could make a donation to the community center.
我是说 我打算给社区中心
I mean,I’m going to make a donation
捐一笔钱
to the community center.
我不想说得好像我要收买♥♥你一样
I don’t want to sound crass,like I’m bribing you,
不过从某种程度上说我是想收买♥♥你
but I am kind of bribing you.
不不不 没关系
No, no, no, of course.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!