不管怎么说 这只是第一步
Anyway,this is just one step
后面还有很长很长的路要走
in a very, very long… process.
这只是个粗略的估计
This is a rough estimation,
人类的眼睛
but let’s just say that the human eye
由12个重要部分组成
has 12 working parts, right?
而构造最简单的眼睛只含有一个部分
Simplest eye having one.
如果我们能通过单基因突变
So if we can fill in the gaps–
补全这之间的断层
the evolutionary gaps–
这之间的进化断层
using single mutations,
我们就可以描绘出
we can map out the most logical progression
构造最简单的眼睛
of the most basic eye…
向最复杂完备的人眼的演变过程
to the most complex, fully formed human eye.
我不明白 为什么要花时间做这件事
I don’t understand–why take the time?
我们都知道眼睛是会进化的
We know that it evolved.
这只是个假设 还不是事实
It’s an assumption;it’s not a fact.
当你不再是一年级生的时候 你就会明白
When you’re no longer a first-year, you’ll see
事实的重要性
how important facts are.
好吧
Right.
这里的每一种动物
Each of these animals has an eye
都拥有最适应其生存环境的眼睛
that’s best selected for its environment.
如果
It would be…
你能找到一个起源点的话
cleaner– less variables–
就能排除更多不确定因素
if you had an origin.
继续
Go on.
你现在的起点是一
You start with one…
最后到达十二
to get to 12.
但如果存在零呢
But what if you had zero–
一个非视觉性组织
a non-seeing organism–
但拥有能演变为一只眼睛的基因构成
and built, genetically,an eye from scratch,
一个能演变成十二的零点
a zero to 12?
这个理论成立的证明 无懈可击
It’d be a perfect proof, unassailable.
非视觉性组织里不存在PAX6基因
Non-seeing organisms don’t have the PAX6 gene.
你怎么知道 有人研究过所有的组织吗
How do you know? Has anyone ever checked all of them?
我不认为有人…
I don’t think anyone has ever checked…
这么做过
all of them.
你之前就想到这点了
You’ve thought of this before?
那你为什么要惊讶
Why did you look surprised?
因为你也想到了
Because so have you.
好吧
Okay.
那群女孩是谁
Who were those girls?
哪群女孩? – 万圣节派对上的
Which girls? – The ones at the Halloween party
都穿着SM行头
in the S&M outfits.
SM行头?
S&M outfits?
我遇到了其中一个女孩 但是不知道她的名字
I-I met one of them;I don’t know her name.
我也没看见她的脸 但她的眼睛太美了
I don’t know her face, but she had these most amazing eyes.
太特别了
So specific.
中心虹膜异色
Central heterochromia.
你提醒我了
Oh, reminds me.
猜我做了什么
Guess what I did.
什么
What?
我想到了
I figured out an improved
一种改良技术
implementation technique
来实践道格曼的生物测定学算法
for Daugman’s biometrics algo.
你有没有过这种感觉 当你遇上某个
You ever feel like when you met someone,
填上了你心里一块空缺的人
they fill this hole inside of you,
在他们离开后
and then when they’re gone…
你感觉身体变得空荡荡的
you feel that space painfully vacant?
你还好吧
Are you okay, man?
我很好啊
Yeah, yeah, I’m okay.
你还好吧
Are you okay?
你刚刚说什么 你刚才…
What did you just say? Did you just…
说话的方式 就像个诗人
The way you talked was,like, poetic.
太诡异了 – 你闭嘴
It was weird. – Shut the fuck up.
太诡异了 老兄 你居然也会…
So weird, dude, I can’t believe…
糟了
Oh, shit.
这家伙的身体也空荡荡的
This guy is painfully vacant.
伊恩 瞧啊 他的身体也空…
Ian, look at him– he’s so painfully va…
他的身体也空荡荡了
He’s so painfully vacant.
走开
Fuck off.
我要一包Verdict香烟
Can I get a pack of Verdict
再买♥♥一张威力球彩票
and a Powerball?
多少钱
How much is that?
十一块十一
$11.11.
十一
Eleven…
幸运十一号♥
Lucky elevens.
谢谢
Thanks.
凯伦
Karen.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
没有视觉的动物占物种总数的5%
Five percent of all animals don’t have vision,
而世界上共有870万个物种
and there are 8.7 million species.
我把PAX6基因列导入数据库检索
So I blasted PAX6 at the database,
什么都没有发现
but nothing came up.
所以我开始手动测序DNA了
So I started sequencing by myself.
你测了多少种生物
How many did you sequence?
十二种 – 你已经测了十二种
12. – You’ve done 12.
那还剩下多少种呢
So how many do you have left?
大约四十二万六千种吧
Like, approximately 426,000.
你打算把那四十二万六千个名字
Are you going to write 426,000 names
都写在窗户上吗
on the window?
我会在窗户写满前找到结果的
I’m going to find it before I get to the end of the window.
好吧
Okay.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
我…什么都没做
I’m… I’m not doing anything.
我们可能永远也发现不了什么
You know we could be looking forever and find nothing.
寻找后一无所获也算一种发现
Turning over rocks and finding nothing is progress.
你现在能告诉我你从哪里来了么
So, are you gonna tell me where you’re from?
太多地方了 不好说
So many places, I don’t know.
哪些地方
Which places?
简单来说 我在阿根廷出生
To make it short,I was born in Argentina,
11岁那年 我跟祖母一起搬到了法国
and when I was 11, I moved to France with my grandmother.
你的父母呢
And your parents?
下一个问题
Next.
你做什么工作
So, what do you do?
下一个问题
Next.
你那天为什么要和我上♥床♥
Why did you sleep with me that night?
判断失误
Poor judgment.
我寂寞了很久
I was lonely for a long time, and…
那天晚上我看到你时
…when I saw you that night,
感觉我们似曾相识
I had the feeling that I had known you.
事实上 我觉得你认识我
Actually, I felt like you knew me.
什么意思
What do you mean?
就像我们前世有过交集
Like we are connected from past lives.
我不相信这个
I don’t believe in that.
那你相信什么
What do you believe in?
我是科学家 我相信数据
I’m a scientist;I believe in data.
科学家
A scientist?
哪种科学家
What kind of scientist?
分子生物学
Molecular biology.
我对眼睛最感兴趣
I’m most fascinated with the eye.
眼睛 这种眼睛吗
The eye…the eyes?
就是眼睛 – 为什么是眼睛
The eyes. – Why the eye?
眼睛
The eye is
是信仰宗教的人
the one sticking point that religious people use
拒绝承认进化论的根据
to discredit evolution.
他们把眼睛看作智慧的造物者存在的证明
They use it as proof of a intelligent designer.
造物者?
Intelligent designer?
就是上帝
God.
我打算用清晰 彻底的事实
I’m looking to end the debate once and for all with…
来终结这场争论
…clear, clean facts.
也就是眼睛每个进化阶段的数据
Data points of every stage of eye evolution.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!