谁在那儿?
Who’s there?
凯勒
Keller.
这么晚你在这里做什么?
Why are you here this time of night?
我..我想要祷告
l– l wanted to pray.
出了什么事?
ls something wrong?
我...
l….
有什么地方我能帮你吗?
Can l help you in any way?
-我可以为帮上忙吗? -没有人可以帮我
-Can l be of any help? -No one can help me.
我辜负了你的好意
l have abused your kindness.
怎么?
How?
你给我太太和我一个家,工作,甚至还有友谊
You gave my wife and me a home, a job, even friendship.
我觉得你将我们当朋友看待
l felt you would let me be your friend.
对一个难民,一个德国人,一个无处可去的人而言真是盛情感人
So wonderful a thing for a refugee, a German, a man without a home.
-现在你要恨我了 -凯勒 我不恨任何人
-You will hate me now. -l don’t hate anyone, Keller.
你会的,在你替我做了这么多之后
You will, after what you have done for me.
你一直都信任我
You trusted me.
你没把我和我太太当作普通的仆人看待
You saw that my wife and l were not common servants.
是你替我们找到在教区长住♥宅♥这个轻松的工作
lt was you who found more pleasant tasks for us, working here in the rectory.
是我太太,我太太一直很操劳
lt was my wife, working so hard….
让我觉得余心不忍♥
lt breaks my heart.
到底出了什么事?
What is the matter?
我必须向你告白
l must confess to you.
我必须告诉什么人
l must tell someone.
我要做忏悔告白
l want to make a confession.
我要向全能的上帝和神父你忏悔我有罪
l confess to almighty God and to you, Father, that l have sinned.
-你上次告解是什么时候? -我记不起来
-When was your last confession? -l can’t remember.
你能记起大概吗?
Can you remember approximately?
我杀了维莱特先生
l have killed Mr. Villette.
继续说下去
Go on.
维莱特先生, 那个律师
Villette, the lawyer.
我今天晚上去他家准备偷钱
l went to his house tonight. l went to steal his money.
我穿了一件法衣来掩人耳目,他吓着我了
l wore a cassock to avoid attention. He surprised me.
他要报♥警♥
He was going to call the police.
他要报♥警♥ 我试着阻止他
He was going to call the police. l tried to stop him.
我不是有意要杀他的, 艾尔玛,我不是谋杀犯
l didn’t mean to kill him. Alma, l’m not a murderer.
那完全是意外
lt was an accident.
都是因为钱的缘故
lt was the money.
我怎么忍♥心看你那么辛苦工作
How could l watch you work so hard?
我夜夜睡不着
l lie awake night after night…
我想 我们只需要二千元
…and l think, ”All we need is $2000.”
艾尔玛,只要二千元,我们就可以开始新的生活
Alma, with $2000, we can start a new life.
维莱特有钱…
Villette was rich…
…但是 我怎么能留住这笔钱呢?
…but now l cannot keep it.
洛根神父说的,我必须还回去,我答应过他的
That’s what Father Logan told me. l must give it back. l promised him.
太难了,艾尔玛
Oh, it’s so hard, Alma.
真是太危险了 警♥察♥会捉住我
lt’s so dangerous. They will catch me.
他们会吊死我
They will hang me.
我不能
l cannot.
我不能
l cannot.
洛根神父会去找他们,他会告诉他们
Father Logan will go to them. He will tell them.
他会去报♥警♥吗?
He will tell them?
他不能将告解听到的话告诉别人
He cannot tell them what he heard in confession.
警♥察♥会来的
The police will come.
为什么?
Why, Alma?
警♥察♥为什么要来这里
Why should they come here?
他们什么都不知道
They know nothing.
我什么也没有跟他们讲,我有吗?
l have told them nothing, have l?
-艾尔玛 这件事没有人知道 -洛根神父知道
-Alma, no one knows. -Father Logan.
他不能将告解听到的话告诉别人
He cannot tell them what he heard in the confessional.
你难道不明白吗?
Can’t you understand that?
奥托
Otto.
-艾尔玛 怎么了? -你要去报♥警♥吗?
-What is it, Alma? -You’re going to the police?
今天是星期几 艾尔玛?
What is today, Alma?
今天是不是我该去照看维莱特先生庭院的日子
lsn’t it the day when l attend to Mr. Villette’s garden?
但是他已经死了呀!
But he’s dead.
我都是星期三去维莱特先生的庭院工作
l always work in Mr. Villette’s garden on Wednesdays.
今天是星期三 艾尔玛
Today is Wednesday, Alma.
-早安 洛根神父 -早安 神父
-Good morning, Father Logan. -Good morning, Father.
告诉我 你和凯勒先生还要很久
Tell me, will it take you and Keller…
才能把这间房♥间油漆好?
…much longer to finish the painting in this room?
-我不知道 -我问是因为油漆味让人难受
-l don’t know. -l ask because the smell makes one quite ill.
你知道, 我看过一些油漆的广♥告♥…
You know, l read some advertisement about paints…
…当然,一个人不应该基于这么点证据就做出判断,不过..
…and, of course, one shouldn’t judge on so little evidence, but l–
-神父 你先请 -实在很难相信..
-After you, Father. -One finds it difficult to believe…
竟然有无味的油漆
…that there are paints with no smell.
你知道无味的油漆吗?迈克神父
Do you know of any paints that do not smell, Father Michael?
我知道么?
Do l know–?
啊!我不知道
No, l don’t.
不要想这件事,无关紧要的事
Well, don’t think of it. lt doesn’t matter.
我们有凯勒先生帮忙真是幸运
How fortunate we are to have Keller with us.
他设么事情都很在行,半年前他还没来的时侯…
The man is clever about everything. Before he came six months ago…
你记得所有的下水道都堵了…
…don’t you remember how all the drains wouldn’t work…
…窗户也打不开?
…and the windows would not open?
从他身上可以学到很多东西
One can learn a great deal from him.
贝诺特神父和他的脚踏车准时来用早餐
Father Benoit and his bicycle are in time for breakfast.
早安 米拉斯神父 迈克神父
Good morning, Father Millars, Father Michael.
-早安 -早安
-Good morning. -Morning.
说正经的 贝诺特神父, 你一定要把脚踏车停放在走廊里么?
Seriously, must you keep your bicycle in the hall, Father Benoit?
它不是经常都会倒的, 而且我也不知道可放在哪里
lt doesn’t always fall, and l don’t seem to know where else.
-真走运他没有养马呀 -麻烦你把奶油递过来
-lt’s lucky he doesn’t have a horse. -Would you pass me the butter, please?
凯勒太太, 麻烦请你先生帮我看看前胎
Mrs. Keller, would you ask your husband to look at my front tire?
-漏气了, 可以吗? -我先生?但今天是星期三
-lt’s flat. Could you, please? -My husband? But it is Wednesday.
-他不在这 -谢谢 不
-He’s not here. -Thank you, no.
他星期三都去照看维莱特先生的庭院
On Wednesdays, he attends to Mr. Villette’s garden.
那么等他回来以后再告诉他
Then will you tell him when he comes back, please?
是的,神父,等他回来以后 我会转告他
Yes, Father, l’ll tell him when he comes back.
贝诺特神父,你应该学会自己补胎才对
Now, now, Father Benoit, you should learn how to patch a tire.
一个人都应该会照顾自己的东西
One should be able to take care of one’s possessions.
一个人的脸 应该自己修才对啊
One has a face, one would shave it.
-一个人… -对不起 失陪了
-One has a– -Excuse me, please.
早安 神父 维莱特先生被谋杀了
Good morning, Father. Monsieur Villette’s been murdered.
早安
Good morning.
-早安 神父 -早安
-Good morning, Father. -Good morning.
-我来这里赴约的 -约会? 跟维莱特先生吗? 他已经死了
-l had an appointment here. -Appointment? With Villette? Well, he’s dead.
是的 我知道 我能帮上什么忙吗?
Yes, l know. ls there anything l can do?
也许努鲁先生愿意和你谈谈 进来吧 神父
Well, perhaps Mr. Larrue would like to see you. Come in, Father.
努鲁先生 神父说他和维莱特先生有约会
Mr. Larrue, sir. Father here says he had an appointment with Villette.
我过一会儿再来 你好 神父
l’ll be with you in a moment. Hello, Father.
-我想我们曾见过面吧 -是的 我是从圣马丽过来的
-l believe l’ve met you before, haven’t l? -Yes, l’m from St. Marie.
-没错 米拉斯神父好吗? -米拉斯神父很好
-Yes. How is Father Millars? -Father Millars is fine.
太好了 你跟维莱特先生有约吗?
Good. You had an appointment with Villette?
-是的 -有特别要紧的事吗?
-Yes. -Anything special?
-没有 -你当然已经知道发生什么事了
-No. -You’ve, of course, heard what’s happened.
神父 凯勒先生在教区长住♥宅♥工作 是吗?
Father, Keller works at the rectory, doesn’t he?
是的 他和他的太太都在那工作
Yes. He and his wife work there.
神父 那个可怜的家伙现在给吓坏了
The poor devil is terrified at the moment, Father.
-对不起 我把你的姓名给忘了 -洛根
-Forgive me, but l’ve forgotten your name. -Logan.
洛根神父 你不介意我们今天或是明天去拜访你吧
Father Logan. You don’t mind if we call on you today, maybe tomorrow?
我们想了解一下你和维莱特先生的约会的事情
Perhaps we’d like to know what your appointment with Villette was all about.
墨菲 叫凯勒过来 他是发现尸体的人
Murphy, get Keller. He’s the man who found the body.
-探长 没有指纹 -我知道了
-Mr. Larrue. No fingerprints. -All right.
这是在桌子上发现的 钥匙在他口袋里
This was on his desk. The keys were in his pocket.
五百元 探长 看起来不像是抢劫
Five hundred dollars. lt does not look like robbery, sir.
强盗通常都拿现钞的
They usually take the lot.
-你在圣马丽教堂的教区长住♥宅♥工作? -是的
-You work at the rectory at St. Marie’s? -Yes.
很好 你是怎么发现尸体的?
Good. Now, how did you find the body?
每个星期三我都会到维莱特先生家庭院工作
On Wednesdays, l work in Mr. Villette’s garden.
今天早上 如同往常一样 我八点半来到这儿 我进来
This morning, l arrived as usual at 8:30. l came inside–
-你有钥匙吗 -没有 门开着
-You have a key? -No. The door was open.
-那个吓了我一跳 -开着的门?
-That frightened me. -An open door?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!