我不知道房♥地♥产♥游说团
I don’t know if the Real Estate Lobby
是否对黑人有任何不满
has anything against black people,
但我知道房♥地♥产♥游说团把我困在了贫民窟
but I know the Real Estate Lobby is keeping me in the ghetto.
我也不知道教育委员会是否讨厌黑人
I don’t know if the board of education hates black people,
但我清楚他们给我孩子们读的教科书
but I know the textbooks they give my children to read,
还有我们不得不去上的那些学校
and the schools that we have to go to.
这就是证据
Now, this is the evidence.
你想让我赌上我自己 我爱人 我们的女人
You want me to make an act of faith,
我的姐妹 我们的孩子
risking myself, my wife, my woman,
去对你有信念
my sister, my children,
去相信你认为一定存在的理想主义
on some idealism which you assure me
而那些我却从未见过
exists in America, which I have never seen.
等等
Hold on a second.
《汤姆叔叔的小屋》
哈里·波拉德执导 1927年
所有西方国家
All of the Western nations
编织的谎言都被识破了
have been caught in a lie,
他们假装的人道主义的谎言
the lie of their pretended humanism.
这意味着它们的历史没有道德上的正义
This means that their history has no moral justification,
谢尔比先生和夫人对奴隶的温和统治
属于典型的南方特征
西方没有道德权威
and that the West has no moral authority.
“如我一般卑鄙”
“Vile as I am,”
陀思妥耶夫斯基《白♥痴♥》里的一个人物说
states one of the characters in Dostoevsky’s The Idiot,
“我不相信给人类带来面包的马车
“I don’t believe in the wagons that bring bread to humanity.
因为给人类带来面包的马车
For the wagons that bring bread to humanity,
可能会冷漠地将相当一部分人类
may coldly exclude a considerable part of humanity
排除在享用者之外”
from enjoying what is brought.”
《睡衣比赛》
乔治·阿伯特 斯坦利·多南执导 1957年
很长一段时间里 美国繁荣昌盛
For a very long time, America prospered.
这种繁荣以牺牲数百万人的生命为代价
This prosperity cost millions of people their lives.
现在 哪怕是其中最
Now, not even the people who are the most spectacular recipients
能从这种繁荣中获益的人
of the benefits of this prosperity
也不能再忍♥受这些好处了
are able to endure these benefits.
他们既不能理解它们 也离不开它们
They can neither understand them nor do without them.
最重要的是 他们无法想象受害者
Above all, they cannot imagine the price paid by their victims,
或臣服者 为了这种生活而付出的代价
or subjects, for this way of life,
所以他们也不可能知道为什么
and so they cannot afford to know why
受害者那么令人厌恶
the victims are revolting.
趴下
Down!
-趴下 -趴下 立刻
– On the ground! – Get on the ground, now!
天啊
Damn, man!
这是一个国家
This is the formula
终止在杰克逊的暴行
或王国衰落的公式
for a nation or a kingdom decline.
因为没有王国仅靠武力就能维持
For no kingdom can maintain itself by force alone.
武力并不像拥护者所认为的那样有效
Force does not work the way its advocates think in fact it does.
号♥外 七名没有武器的黑人被洛城警♥察♥冷血射杀
《百战平西》
罗伯特·西奥德梅克执导 1967年
例如 它并不会
It does not, for example,
向受害者显示敌人的力量
reveal to the victim the strength of the adversary.
《蓝衣骑兵队》
拉尔夫·纳尔逊执导 1970年
恰恰相反 它暴露了弱点
On the contrary, it reveals the weakness,
甚至是对手的恐慌
even the panic of the adversary.
《伤膝河大屠♥杀♥》 1♥8♥9♥0年
这一启示让受害者热血沸腾
And this revelation invests the victim with passion.
我永远不会忘记
There is a day in Palm Springs
棕榈泉的那一天 阳光明媚
that I will remember forever, a bright day.
我正在好莱坞制♥作♥视频版的
I was based in Hollywood, working on the screen version
马尔科姆·X自传
of the autobiography of Malcolm X.
那是项艰难的任务
This was a difficult assignment,
毕竟我认识马尔科姆
since I had known Malcolm, after all,
和他交过手
crossed swords with him,
跟他一起工作
worked with him,
并对他充满敬意
and held him in that great esteem
一种很难与爱
which is not easily distinguishable,
区分开的敬意
if it is distinguishable,
甚至区分不开
from love.
比利·迪·威廉姆斯来到城镇
Billy Dee Williams had come to town
待在家里
and he was staying at the house.
我很想让比利·迪饰演马尔科姆的角色
I very much wanted Billy Dee for the role of Malcolm.
有人把电♥话♥拿到泳池旁
The phone had been brought out to the pool,
它响了
and now it rang.
我接起电♥话♥
And I picked up.
留声机还在播放
The record player was still playing.
“他还没死 但头部中枪”
“He’s not dead yet, but it’s a head wound.”
我有个悲伤的消息要告诉大家
I have some very sad news for all of you,
我想这对于我们的同胞
and I think sad news for all our fellow citizens
以及全世界热爱和平的人来说是个坏消息
and people who love peace all over the world.
那就是 马丁·路德·金
And that is that Martin Luther King
今晚中枪身亡
was shot and was killed tonight.
我几乎不记得那天晚上的其他事了
I hardly remember the rest of the evening at all.
我记得短暂的哭泣
I remember weeping, briefly,
比起悲伤 更多的是无助的愤怒
more in helpless rage than in sorrow,
比利试图安慰我
and Billy trying to comfort me.
但我真的不记得那晚了
But I really don’t remember that evening at all.
♪ Mother dear, May I go downtown ♪
♪ Instead of out to play, ♪
♪ And march the streets of Birmingham ♪
♪ In a Freedom March today? ♪
♪ But Mother, I won’t be alone ♪
悼念金 结束种族主义
♪ Other children will go with me, ♪
♪ And march the streets of Birmingham ♪
♪ To make my country free ♪
教堂人满为患
The church was packed.
我前面的长椅上坐着马龙·白兰度
In the pew before me sat Marlon Brando,
萨米·戴维斯 艾萨·凯特
Sammy Davis, Eartha Kitt.
西德尼 PoitieR就在附近
Sidney Poitier nearby.
我看到哈里·贝拉方特坐在科瑞塔·金旁边
I saw Harry Belafonte sitting next to Coretta King.
我有个童年养成的习惯
I have a childhood hand over thing
就是不在公共场合哭泣
about not weeping in public.
我集中精力让自己振作起来
And I was concentrating on holding myself together.
我不想为马丁哭泣
I did not want to weep for Martin.
眼泪是无用的
Tears seemed futile.
但我可能也害怕
But I may also have been afraid,
也一定有其他人同样害怕
and I could not have been the only one,
一旦落泪就停不下来
that if I began to weep, I would not be able to stop.
我开始哭 踉踉跄跄
I started to cry, and I stumbled.
萨米抓住我的胳膊
Sammy grabbed my arm.
美国黑人的故事
The story of the Negro in America
就是美国的故事
is the story of America.
这并不是个好故事
It is not a pretty story.
我们能做什么
What can we do?
我累了
Well, I am tired.
我不知道将来会怎样
I don’t know how it will come about,
我知道无论事情会如何发展
I know that no matter how it comes about,
都会充满血腥 苦难重重
it will be bloody, it will be hard.
我仍相信 我们可以在这个国家
I still believe that we can do with this country
做一些之前没有做过的事
something that has not been done before.
我们总是想着数字 所以才会被误导
We are misled here because we think of numbers.
综合新闻
你不需要数字 只需要激♥情♥
You don’t need numbers, you need passion.
这一点已被世界历史证明
And this is proven by the history of the world.
悲剧的是 大部分
The tragedy is that most of the people
自称在乎的人其实并不在乎
who say they care about it do not care.
他们在乎的只是自己的安危和利益
What they care about is their safety and their profits.
♪ When I was laying in jail ♪
♪ With my back turned to the wall ♪
♪ When I was laying in jail ♪
♪ With my back turned to the wall ♪
♪ I just laid down and dreamed I could… ♪
美国的生活方式
The American way of life
没能使人们更快乐
has failed to make people happier,
或是变得更好
or make them better.
我们不想承认这一点 也不会承认
We do not want to admit this, and we do not admit it.
我们坚信
We persist in believing
下一代所表现出的精神空虚以及犯罪倾向
that the empty and criminal among our children
只是公式中能被纠正的
are the result of some miscalculation in the formula
计算错误
that can be corrected.
坚信令我们的城市成为世界上
That the bottomless and aimless hostility

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!