这激怒了我 不论作为丈夫
It bothered me as a man.
还是作为男人 或是作为拳手
lt bothered me as a guy. It bothered me as a fighter.
你不能对别人的妻子 对女孩子无礼
And you don’t insult a man’s wife, girl…
你不能这么做 我让他偿还
You don’t do that, and l was gonna get him back.
我会让他付出代价
l was gonna get him back.
罗伯特就是演了一场戏 真的
With Roberto, it was an act. It really was an act.
因为这样才能让伦纳德感到害怕
才能震慑住他
让他怀疑自己是否能击败罗伯特·杜兰
这意味着电视转播一定能大卖♥♥
It meant for tremendous closed-circuit sales.
绝对是空前盛事
It was a blockbuster
因为他塑造了一个完美的反派形象
because he played his role of the villain to perfection.
杜兰对战伦纳德
世界拳击协会次量级冠军争霸赛
1980年6月
来自加拿大蒙特利尔现场直播
Live from Montreal, Canada.
这里是世界拳击协会次量级冠军赛
It’s the WBC World’s Welterweight Championship.
舒格·雷·伦纳德对战罗伯特·杜兰
Sugar Ray Leonard VS Roberto Duran
这是史无前例的一场世纪对决
We are in on one of the historic events in all of history.
今晚收看电视转播的观众数量
More people tonight will see this telecast
创下了电视转播的历史之最
than have ever witnessed a cable telecast before, closed-circuit.
在我的职业生涯中 从来不会生气地踏上擂台
Throughout my career, I never walked to the ring angry.
除了那次比赛
Except that fight.
我清楚地记得
And I remember vividly,
在蒙特利尔 我走上擂台
in Montreal, walking to that ring, I mean…
满脑子想着和那家伙来一场正面对决
My mind was thinking toe-to-toe, toe-to-toe with this guy.
在对决之前 伦纳德对自己说
Leonard, prior to the fight, said to himself:
史蒂夫·洛特
拳击名人堂 首席运营官
“我要把他暴打出局”
“I wanna knock this guy out.”
伦纳德想要正面迎击
Leonard wanted to stand toe-to-toe
这位有史以来最凶狠的拳手
with one of the most vicious fighters of all time.
我很感激他 因为这造就了一场精彩大战
I thank him for that, because it made it a great fight.
我记得铃♥声♥响起 第一回合开始
I remember the bell going. Bing, first round.
我胜券在握
I didn’t foresee any problem…
直到他击中我
until he hit me.
我从没被打得那么重过
I’ve never been hit that hard.
杜兰就像台永动机一样
Duran was perpetual motion.
咬住你不放 非常好斗
He was tenacious, aggressive and…
伦纳德见到我说
“就是这个小瘦子吗 我会把他打死的”
他可真搬起石头砸自己的脚
在台上 他像疯子一样挥拳
所以我只能不停地晃动脑袋来躲避
这也削弱了他的信心
杜兰有很多老派的招式
Duran had a lot of old school tricks.
有一招叫作 “菲茨西蒙斯拳击法”
There’s something called the “Fitzsimmons shift”.
他先用右手挥一个假动作
He would throw a dummy right hand
然后马上换成左架站位
and immediately go into a southpaw position
接着一记左勾拳
and then he would drive in a left hook or
或者左上勾拳攻击上腹部
a left uppercut to the solar plexus.
这是一招高级复杂的战略
That is high-tech, sophisticated strategy.
伦纳德的错误之一在于他自以为能打倒我
抓住这一点 他就毫无还手之力
因为他每一次击中罗伯特·杜兰
就像打在石头或者墙壁上一样
他在耍他玩
He’s playing games with him.
伦纳德出拳犹如氢弹重击
Leonard is… Oh, man, he’s throwing these hydrogen bombs
每秒能挥三十拳
and he’s throwing ’em at 30 punches per second
速度非常快 但都从杜兰脸边掠过
And it’s going so fast, and they step by Duran’s face
就像在跳舞一样
and, boom, it’s like he’s dancing.
像在跳芭蕾一样 我一直在说
It’s like it’s ballet and I’m saying:
“躲得漂亮”
“Woah, he’s making punches miss.”
我只能说 “天啊 太可惜了”
I’m just… “Man! God! Damn!”
两人站得不远
They weren’t far from each other.
距离很近 动作都 “天啊”
They’re real close and the movements were… “Oh!”
你无法想象他们挥拳距离有多近
Man, you couldn’t believe how close they were throwing punches.
罗伯特·杜兰处在上方
Right above is Roberto Duran
看了那场比赛之后 我知道这就是我想做的
And after seeing that fight, I knew this was what I wanted to do.
比赛最后一回合
我精疲力竭
要记得伦纳德从没输过任何一场比赛
Remember Leonard has never lost a fight.
但我还是用尽全力对抗伦纳德
杜兰自认为赢了这场比赛 不敢相信
Duran thinks he has won the fight. I can’t believe it.
铃♥声♥响起 比赛结束
The bell! It’s over!
他认为他已经赢了这场比赛
He thinks he’s won this fight
但他还得打第十五轮
and then he has to fight the 15th round.
我也觉得他这样想 他觉得自己赢了
I think he thought so. He thinks he’s won.
我觉得他认为自己赢了
I think he thought he won.
可以肯定 在杜兰职业生涯的那一刻
I think you can be fairly certain that Duran, at that point
他完全没有掩饰自己的感受
in his career was not hiding his feelings.
他冲着贝尼特斯大喊
Now he’s yelling at Benitez.
大多数拳击手只在乎胜利
Most fighters’d just take the win.
说”非常感谢你” 然后离开
“Thank you very much” and get out.
他会”看好了 这才是拳击的意义”
He was like: “No, have it. That’s what it’s all about.”
这就是我爱他的原因
That’s why I loved him.
他的节目在电视台里限制级的
He was X-rated for television at the time.
当时他会向别人竖中指 抓自己的裤裆
At the time, he was giving people the finger, grabbing his crotch
我觉得这太不可思议了
and I thought that was incredible.
我说”我再也不需要比赛了”
I said: “I don’t need this anymore.”
我认真考虑过退休
I really contemplated retirement.
我说”我受不了了”
I said: “I can’t take this.”
“我受不了了”
You know, “I can’t take this, man.”
杜兰打了他一顿
Duran had given him a beating
他这辈子从来没被这样打过
like he had never received in his life
然后他跟我说”斯莱 那天晚上
and he told me: “Sly, that night,
我的每颗牙齿都可以前后移♥动♥”
I could move every one of my teeth back and forth
好像它们就挂在我的牙龈上一样”
as if they literally were hanging in my gums.
我觉得我所有的牙都要掉了”
I thought all my teeth were going to come out.”
他打人就是这么狠
That’s how hard he hit.
是的 我告诉过斯莱 我告诉过很多人
Yeah. I told Sly, I told a lot of people that…
大多数人都不知道
Most people don’t… were not privy to this,
他打我那么狠
the fact that he hit me like that.
我的门牙被打歪了 然后我回到场角
My forward teeth went back and I went back to the corner
我问场角指导
and I asked my cornerman.
我说”各位 我的牙是被打歪了吗”
I said: “Guys, are my teeth knocked back?”
他们说”没有 雷 你很好 你没事”
And they said: “No, Ray, you’re fine, you’re fine.”
因为他们不想影响我
Cos they didn’t want to, you know, upset me.
但我始终记得那个感觉
But… I do remember that.
在我看来 舒格·雷·伦纳德输给杜兰
In my opinion, Sugar Ray Leonard proved his greatness
证明了他的伟大
losing to Duran.
另一方面 罗伯特·杜兰和他完全不同
Roberto Duran, on the other hand, is a different beast.
[罪恶之地]
It’s almost like he moved to Sodom and Gomorrah.
完全放纵自己
He just indulged.
巴拿马巴拿马城
1980年6月
1980年6月23日
杜兰是个平民拳击手
Duran was a fighter of the people.
人们认同他代表着那些
He related and identified with them
被压♥迫♥的 社会地位低下的和被否认的人
the downtrodden and the underprivileged and denied.
当我回到巴拿马 他们就告诉我
要举办一场穿越整个城市的游♥行♥
我同意了 我只想回家放松
但是巴拿马人已经准备了一场盛大的游♥行♥
我出入各种酒吧喝酒
几乎每一天都去
我用了大概三周时间吃吃喝喝
那是一场盛大的狂欢
It was ecstasy.
是一场全民的庆祝活动
It was a celebration of all the people.
因为庆祝活动
You know, because the celebration…
场面宏大
it was en masse, it was grandiose.
所有人都参与其中
Everybody was there.
从小孩到妈妈 还有爷爷外公
Babies, their mothers, their grandfathers.
每个人都参加了 因为正如他们所说
Everybody was there because it was a family reunion,
这像一个家庭聚会
as they would say.
可以说是 浪子回家了
The prodigal son is returning home, so to speak.
这是一场长达一个月的派对
A month-long party is what it was.
要知道杜兰在训练时非常节制
Now, you can understand that Duran denies himself when he trains.
换句话说 他训练时是在重温童年
So, in other words, he’s reliving his childhood when he trains.
对他来说算是一种创伤
That’s a little bit of a trauma for him,
可以说是一种小创伤
it’s a mini-trauma if you will.
所以在他胜利以后 有时是失败以后
So after he wins, sometimes after he lost,
他会放纵自己
he would indulge.
他会享受自己的劳动果实
He would enjoy the fruits of his labour.
杜兰之所以是杜兰 是因为他有些过度了
Duran being Duran, he did it a little too much
但他就是这种风格