70年代的颈锁术
That’s being ahead of your time.
那要早我好多年了
When Bruce started doing the film Way of the Dragon
当布鲁斯开始做《猛龙过江》这部电影的时候
and he was this huge star on the rise,
他成为一颗冉冉升起的新星
things were changing.
事情在发生变化
I think he started having a hard time trusting people around him.
我觉得他开始不敢相信身边的人
You bastard!
你个混♥蛋♥
Fame is a killer, literally.
毫不夸张得说 名誉是个致命物
Put money on top of that.
这是毫无疑问的
Suddenly you distrust people’s motives,
突然你有了充分的理由
for very good reason.
对人们动机产生怀疑
He had told me that he doesn’t know who his friends were.
他告诉我说不知道他的朋友是谁
He says he doesn’t know who to trust.
他说他不知道该相信谁
It was eye-opening to know what the price of fame was.
成名的代价让我很有启发
You can’t go to school for it.
没有专门的课程教你怎么对待名誉
You deal with it on a day-to-day basis.
处理方法全靠平日里的积累
Fame took over my mind.
名誉占据了我的心
It almost destroyed my career, my family.
它几乎毁了我的事业和家庭
I was caught up in my own hype.
我被自己的炒作所束缚
I thought the only way to save myself from myself
我想解救自己的唯一办法
was to do something where I could get hit and hit back.
就是找个地方打上几拳
And I thought I’d made a healthy choice
我想我做了个健康的决定
because it was better than a whisky bottle or,
因为这样好过酗酒
you know, whatever the fuck.
或者其他糟糕的事情
It got to the point
已经到了
where he could hardly go
没有其他人的陪伴
out of the house without people following him.
他没法踏出房♥门的地步
He craved on sort of a soul level
他极度渴望心灵
to be a little bit more peaceful.
能得到些许的平静
Well, you can’t have a normal life
你无法有个正常的生活
or make normal mistakes
犯个小错误也不行
because everybody’s constantly, you know, looking in.
因为每个人总是关注着你
And it was just like a smorgasbord.
这就像瑞士自助餐
He could have had ten at a time
他只要有想法
if he even remotely wanted to.
就可以同时拿到十个
The world superstar really turned me off
我不喜欢世界巨星这称呼
and I’ll tell you why
我来告诉你原因
Because the world star, man, is an illusion.
因为世界巨星只是一个幻觉
is something what the public calls you.
是众人加给你的帽子
1972年 未完成
《死亡游戏》
I really loved… I might get
我很爱… 也许
a lot of crap for this, but Game of Death,
很有很多人批评我 但是我爱《死亡游戏》
and to have like no way is the way.
无门便是道
He’s fighting each opponent
他要与那些令人头疼
that brings a different problem to the table
的对手一一过招
and he’s gotta adapt.
就必须随机应变
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar came to
卡里姆·阿卜杜尔-贾巴尔来到
Hong Kong to visit and Bruce had this great idea.
香港拜访 布鲁斯有了一个好主意
“Let’s do a scene together.
我们来做一个场景
It’ll be great, a great fighting sequence.”
它会是个很棒的对决
I’d speak to Kareem about his sessions with Bruce
我和卡里姆谈起他和布鲁斯的切磋
and he said
他说
I sparred with him and like he was just so quick.”
我们拳击相对 他很快
“I’d turn this way and then he’s not there.”
我转移到这边 发现他已经不在那了
He’s kicking you in the back of the head.”
他在踢我的后脑勺
“Then I turn this way and he’s over here.”
我又转到后边 他又不在了
He said he couldn’t catch him.
他说他抓不到他
There was just no way he could lock in on him.
他根本没法锁定住他
He was just like a rabbit.
他就像一个兔子
I really love the idea
我很爱这个主意
of the levels and getting to the next level,
一级级慢慢来 从低级到高级
and fighting different styles.
对垒不同的门派
As a dancer who battled other dancers,
就像舞者之间的对决
that was like the whole mentality.
是心理上的较量
And on the third level it’s
在第三层
supposed to be a person who is trained in weaponry
剧本设定的是一个使用武器的人
and so he chose me to do the part.
所以他选中了我
Dan Inosanto,
丹·伊鲁山度
being one of the freshest Filipinos on the planet,
是个让人眼前一亮的菲律宾人
was actually the person that brought the nunchakus to Bruce Lee.
正是他把双节棍介绍给了李小龙
196♥4♥. I introduced the nunchakus to Bruce Lee.
在196♥4♥年 我给李小龙介绍了双节棍
And at the time he thought this was a worthless piece of junk.
那时 他觉得这是毫无价值的垃圾
When he moved into the LA area,
当他搬回洛杉矶
I taught him how to use it.
我教他怎么使用双节棍
He said,”I’m gonna use this on The GreenHornet.”
他说 他想在《青蜂侠》里用它
Nunchakus was always somemother’s broom getting sacrificed,
耍双节棍时 别人的肚子总是先遭殃
which would then turn into someone’s groin being sacrificed.
然后再是小腹
In three months he was swinging
三个月的时间里他就耍得
it like he had been doing it for a lifetime.
炉火纯青 就好象是从小学起一样
I was living in Miami when they came out.
双节棍火起来的时候 我住在迈阿密
Every gangster in town had nunchakus,
镇里每个歹徒都有双节棍
and couldn’t use them worth a shit.
但耍得实在是不敢恭维
I would spend hours whipping
我会花上好几个小时
them around and trying to learn the moves,
研究双节棍的步伐和花式
trying to copy how he’d have it under his shoulder right here
尝试着一只手把它夹在肩膀下面
and have the hand out.
一只手做出这样的姿势
In a short time I think almost every child is using this.
在那段时间里 我觉得每个小孩都在学
It became like a household product.
这成了每家必备的东西
It’s outlawed now in California.
现在它在加州是被禁止的
After I watched this movie, I used to use that.
看了那部电影后 我曾经用过它
But I always hit my elbow.
但总是打到我的手肘
Right out of the gate I swung
走出大门 我就使劲挥舞双节棍
real hard and I even made the Bruce Lee noise.
我甚至模仿经典的李小龙叫声
And I hit my head
结果是我打到了我的头
and there was this big nut that came out maybe an inch.
头上就长出了老大的一个包
And after that I stopped making the noise
从那之后 我不再想着发出那个声音
and I stopped playing with the nunchucks.
也不再玩双节棍了
I tried to make my parents
我想让我的父母
buy me some real ones. Thank God they didn’t.
买♥♥个真的给我玩玩 多亏他们没买♥♥
I’m nunchucking, I’m busting myself all in the head.
我玩双节棍老是要打到我的头
I had the rubber ones. So I’m good.
还好我的是橡胶做的 所以没出什么事
I got into it because I stopped carrying a gun.
我迷恋上它是因为我终于可以不背枪了
I carried a gun for years.
这些年我都带着枪
I’m not ashamed to admit it.
其实也没什么可惭愧的
I think I went into therapy and I thought,
疗伤的时候我在想
let me carry something else.
要不带个别的东西吧
This one particularly is sentimental for me.
这副双节棍对我很有意义
These are the same nunchucks that we used in The Game of Death.
因为我们就是用它拍的《死亡游戏》
He gave me these to keep in the house.
他让我放在家里面
It brings out really fond memories for me.
它给我带来了很美好的回忆
Fred Weintraub, who was an executive at Warner Bros,
弗里德·维特博 华纳兄弟的总裁
comes to visit him in Hong Kong on the set of Game of Death
来香港《死亡游戏》的片场看他
says,”Hey,man, we’ve seen what you can do.”
他说 小伙子 我们看到了你的能耐
“We wanna do a film with
我们想和你合作一部电影
you and we wanna do it with Warner Bros.” Boom.
是华纳兄弟出品的 哇
It was a time when Bruce had so much opportunity
那段时间 布鲁斯得到了相当多的机会
and he was so thrilled to co-produce Enter the Dragon.
他很激动能参与电影《龙争虎斗》的制♥作♥
He said “This is my opening back into Hollywood.”
他说 这是他去好莱坞的机会
They were all there in Hong Kong,
他们都聚集在香港
the producers, Fred Weintraub. Paul Heller.
出品人 弗里德·维特博 保罗·海勒
They’re ready to film, have all this crew,
电影准备开拍 所有的人员都在
Western crew, Chinese crew,
西方的人 中国人
which was a very difficult situation in itself,
这场面本身就很难驾驭
and sets are built, and Bruce won’t come to work.
场景都搭好了 但布鲁斯却没来
He wants to put a little more
他想在电影中表达
Chinese philosophy that fits in with the story.
一种合宜的中国思想
Bruce knew what he wanted Dragon to be,
布鲁斯清楚得知道电影要表达的
but had problems with folks who didn’t share his vision.
但其他人没法认同他的想法
And he was adamant he was not going to the set.
他坚持自己不会去片场拍摄
It was kind of hard around
他的沮丧和失望
our house because was Bruce was so frustrated.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!