这儿有七块钱
Here’s seven bucks.
Oh, no…
你到了斯坦顿之后去找巴尼…
When you get to Stanton, look up Barney.
这是他的地址
Now, here’s his address.
他会照顾你的
He’ll take care of you.
谢谢 邦巴
Thanks, bomber.
紧张吗?
Nervous?
有点
A little.
不管发生什么事…总比在这里强
Well, no matter what happens, it’s better than this.
Let them by there.
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think?
我看非常理想
It looks pretty good to me.
离开一下!
Getting out here!
好吧 到那边去
All right. Get out over in there.
嗨 头儿 这个我们怎么整呀?
Hey, boss, we need some more help here.
帮邦巴一把
Give bomber a hand.
艾伦 回来干活
Allen, get back to work.
放出狗去 我们要在半小时内把那家伙抓回来
Bring those dogs over here! He won’t get far.
站住
Stay where you are!
你认为他会藏在哪儿?
Where do you suppose he’s gone?
咱们最好到树林里试试?
Let’s try these woods.
Come on. Move it!
Move it!
Move!
Come on, move it. Get him!
你像是换了个人
You look like a new man.
Now show me something in a cheap hat.
Yes, sir.
你怎么把脸刮破的?
How did you get the scratches?
在山上伐木时刮的
Lumber jacking up in the hills.
我认得好多那儿的人 奇怪我以前没见到过你
I know a good many of them fellas up there. Funny I ain’t seen you before.
嗨 瞧着点
Hey! Look out.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你好
How do you do?
准是老约翰·罗
Well, if it ain’t old John law himself.
风湿病怎么样?
How’s the rheumatism?
如果他们不让我休息几天
If they don’t put me on days,
我就要…
I’m going to…
Oh, what’s it to you?
有新闻吗?
What’s newAnything?
今天早上从梅里特县的带镣苦役队里跑掉了一个犯人
There was a break on the Merritt county chain gang this morning.
他们认为他跑到这边来了
They say he’s headed up this way.
那家伙什么模样?
What’s the guy look like?
高约五英尺十英寸
Well, he’s about 5’10”.
浓重的黑发 棕色眼珠
Heavy black hair, brown eyes.
短粗身材 三十岁上下
Stocky build. Around 30.
叫艾伦 詹姆斯·艾伦
Name is Allen… James Allen.
给我一条热毛巾好吗?
Give us a hot towel, will you?
这就来
Coming up.
希望它够热了
Hope it’s hot enough for you.
那些家伙不大有机会逃跑成功的 是吗?
Those guys haven’t got much chance getting away with it.
跑不掉 我们控制了车站和郊区的公路
No. We’ve got the depot and all the highways covered.
他们只能跑到这么远 不会再远了
They can get this far and no farther.
谢谢 请再光临
Thanks. Come in again.
怎么样 刮得够光溜的吧?
How was itClose enough?
够光溜了
Plenty.
这么说你活着逃出来啦!
So you hung it on the limb.
巴尼
Barney!
看到你真高兴 伙计!
It’s good to see you, kid.
我也一样
How do you suppose I feel?
邦巴告诉我你的地址
Bomber tipped me off where you were.
这里有我藏身之地吗?
You got a place I can hide out?
当然有…来吧 我会把你安顿好的
Sure. Come on. I’ll fix you up.
其他伙计都怎么样?
How are the boys on the chain gang?
Shh!
我必须时时刻刻小心
I had to keep my eyes open every minute.
你认为我今天晚上呆在这儿安全吗?
Will I be safe here?
没问题 除非警♥察♥又来一次搜捕
It’s a cinch… unless the cops pull another raid,
不用耽心 他们可能太忙 顾不上到这种小地方来搜捕你
but they’re probably too busy looking for you to raid any joints like this.
我只需要睡觉 明天一清早我就要离开这里
I’ll lam out of here early in the morning.
别客气
Make yourself at home.
你在带镣苦役队里梦想的一切 我们都齐备
We got everything you dream about in the chain gang.
拿着 我想你还没有忘记这有什么好处
Here… I guess you still know what this is good for.
谢谢 以后的日子还不好对付呢
Thanks. I’ve got a tough day ahead of me tomorrow.
今晚上我就不好对付
I’ve got a tough night ahead of me.
我现在要去想想办法 吉姆
I got to beat it now, Jim,
不过这个地方归你了
but the place is yours.
等等
Oh, wait a minute.
我找个人来侍候你 让你舒舒服服的
I’ll get somebody to see that you’re comfortable.
Linda…
Come here.
这是詹姆斯·艾伦 是我在带镣苦役队里的伙伴 刚逃出来
This is Jim Allen from the chain gang. He’s just escaped.
听着 别听他瞎吹
Listen, never mind the advertising.
和琳达说没事
It’s all right with Linda.
好好照顾他 宝贝儿 他是我的客人
Take good care of him. He’s my personal guest.
再见 吉姆 希望你顺利
I hope you make it.
你干得真不错
You’ve got what it takes
居然能从那种地方逃出来
to pull an escape from that place.
我现在还不安全…在跑出这个州之前就不会安全
I’m not safe yet… not until I’m out of the state.
要我帮你什么忙
If there’s anything I can do to help you,
尽管开口
just say the word.
谢谢
Thanks…
可是你什么忙也帮不了
But there’s nothing you can do.
喝点酒好吗?
How about a drink?
不了
No.
我喝一杯不碍事吧?
You don’t mind if I take one, do you?
喝吧
No. Go right ahead.
这一杯为你
Here’s to you.
祝你这个勇敢的小伙子走好运
A guy with your nerve’s got the breaks coming to him.
我知道你在想什么
I know what you’re thinking.
我懂
I understand.
你是自己人
You’re among friends.
火车误点了 你得等三十五分钟
Well, you have about 35 minutes to wait. The train is late.
Oh.
这上面各种佐料也都要吗?
You want everything on this one, too?
是的 和第一份一样
Yeah. Same as the first one.
看谁上这儿来了 威风凛凛的警♥察♥局长!
Look who’s here. Chief of police in all his glory.
准是来找什么重要人物
Must be looking for somebody important.
好了 伙计们 留意点
All right, boys. Keep your eyes open.
All aboard!
他在那儿
There he is!
我收过你的票了吗?
Did I get your ticket?
这儿呐
Here it is.
布纳维尔 呃?你准是在我没看见的时候上的车
I didn’t see you get on.
他们在抓人 我想 你刚才在看
They were chasing somebody. You were watching.
他们追一个逃犯
They were after an escaped convict.
抓到了吗?
Catch him?
没有 他们抓到的是个流浪汉
No. The guy they caught was a hobo.
他们还在找那个逃犯
They’re still looking for the convict.
是的
Yeah.
三州工程公♥司♥ 劳工人事办公室
我想我们可以雇用你…你叫什么名字?
I guess we can use you. What’s the name?
艾伦
Allen.
这是名还是姓?
Is that the first or last name?
这是名…
Uh… The first name.
我的全名是艾伦·詹姆斯
The full name is Allen James.
艾伦·詹姆斯
Allen James.
明早八点来报道
Report 8:00 tomorrow morning.
是的
Yes, sir.
艾伦·詹姆斯 1924年 受雇当工人 每天工资四美元
喂 詹姆斯 你给那个拐角出的主意真高明
Say, James. That’s a swell idea you had about the bend.
我告诉老板那是你提出的
I told the boss it was your suggestion.
我想你不会再抡多久镐头了
You won’t be swinging a pick much longer.
艾伦·詹姆斯 1925年 助理工头 日工资六美元
这就是准备出租的房♥间
This is the room that’s for rent.
房♥间很好…要多少钱?
Very nice. What are you asking for it?
每月二十五美元 这是很公道的
25 a month. That’s very reasonable.
是很公道 可是我恐怕负担不起…
Very, but it’s more than I feel I can pay.
很抱歉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!