I’m afraid that your father isn’t here.
达尔林普尔小姐 真意外
Miss Dalrymple, what a surprise.
我扶你坐下
We’ll set you down.
好了 进来吧
Righto. Just in here.
但愿如此
I do hope so.
明天我会准时的 我保证
I’ll be on schedule tomorrow. I promise.
真的很抱歉 斯莫利女士
I’m very sorry, Miss Smalley.
一直待在这儿直到晚餐结束
here until after supper everyday.
我真心希望 我不必每天都
I do hope I’m not expected to stay
真可爱
Lovely.
依她持家有道的经验
with that experience.
相信有朝一日她将成为一名医生的贤妻
I’ve no doubt that one day she would make a fine doctor’s wife,
艾米丽任劳任怨 井井有条地操持着这个家
Emily has diligently and professionally managed the household.
愿上帝保佑她安息
God rest her soul,
自打我亲爱的夫人麦萝蒂亚过世之后…
Since my dear wife Melodia, passed away,
发展得好的话 没准这间诊所最终会归你所有
And, who knows, if things go well, this practice may end up yours.
我…不知该说什么好了
I…I’m speechless.
爸爸 这真是个好注意
Father, that’s a wonderful idea.
成为我的合伙人
becoming a partner.
我不知道你是否愿意…
I was wondering whether you might like to consider
没人继承我的家业
I have no one to carry on the practice.
膝下只有两个女儿
and with only two daughters,
想必你也注意得到 我正日渐衰老
Now, you may have noticed that I’m not getting any younger,
你似乎已经驾轻就熟了 格兰维尔医生
You seem to have settled in nicely, Dr. Granville.
让我来吧
Allow me.
就是有点儿疼
Just a twinge.
手怎么了
Something wrong with your hand?
这个也许坏了
These may be broken.
我猜这全因为你
It’s all because of you.
是吗 我没留意
Really? I hadn’t noticed.
你知道他们不再收新的病人了么
You know, they’re turning patients away.
下一位
Next.
您太客气了 夫人
You are very welcome, signora.
非常感谢
Mille grazie.
让我做什么都行
I’ll do anything.
这不可能 女士
It’s completely impossible, madame.
我都绝望了
The situation is desperate.
你不明白吗 情况紧急
Can’t you understand? It’s an emergency.
很好 真的
Very nice, indeed.
感觉很好 医生 谢谢
That’s very nice, Doctor. Thank you.
如有不适 请告诉我
Please let me know if anything is uncomfortable.
那我们开始咯
Here we go, then.
-你没事吧 医生 -当然 没事 谢谢
-You alright, Doctor? -Yes, quite. Thank you.
抱歉
Sorry about that.
我们开始吧
Shall we begin?
再会
Good day.
谢谢你 医生
Thank you, Doctor.
噢 哈哈哈…
Oh..hahaha…
就像我说过的 他手法很好 贝拉米夫人
As I said before, I’m leaving you in very good hands, Mrs. Bellamy.
很顺利 谢谢
Yes, quite. Thank you.
一切都还顺利吧
Going well?
清楚
Indeed.
所以步骤您都清楚了吧
So you are aware of the procedure?
-您之前来过吗 -是的
-You’ve been here before? -Yes.
很高兴见到你 医生
Very pleased to meet you, Doctor.
达尔林普尔医生的新助手 早上好
Dr. Dalrymple’s new associate. Good morning.
我是格兰维尔医生
I’m Dr. Granville,
您是贝拉米夫人 对吧
Mrs. Bellamy, is it?
-今晚见 -那好吧
I’ll see you tonight.
-别停留 -谢谢你
No stopping.
直接交给房♥东
Straight to the landlord.
不 拿着吧 你就拿着吧
No, take it. Take it.
噢 不 小姐 我不能要
Oh, no, no, miss. I can’t.
我猜这次他要把我们逼到流落街头了
I think he’s gonna land us on the street this time.
他又那样了
Again.
是乔治…
It’s George.
芬妮 是什么事 怎么啦
Fannie, what is it? What?
没什么
It’s nothing.
还好…
Yeah…
你没事吧 芬妮
You alright, Fannie?
随您的便
Suit yourself.
恕我失陪
Well, if you’ll excuse me.
不不不 我的意思是…
No, no, no. What I mean to say is…
那 那…那下次再说
so… so… so… perhaps another time, okay?
但我今天很忙
but I have a very busy day ahead of me,
你太慷慨了
Well, that’s a generous offer, I’m sure,
我很快的
It won’t take me a minute.
像您这样的绅士 只收六块
Only six buck for a gentlemen like yourself.
不 谢了
No, no. Thank you.
想”尝尝”吗
Fancy a lick?
“棒棒糖莫莉” 还真是个与众不同的绰号♥
Molly the Lolly. That’s an unusual nickname.
我想我们可以做朋友
and I think that we can be friends.
不过我朋友都喊我”棒棒糖莫莉”
But my friends call me Molly the Lolly,
没错 先生
That’s right, sir.
你叫莫莉 是吧
Molly, is it?
没事 帅哥
It’s quite alright, handsome.
抱歉
Pardon me.
画画
Drawing.
你知道我们接下来要做什么吗
Do you know what we going to start with?
你知道吗 今早我还在想着你呢
You know what? I was thinking about you this morning.
我们很好 他只是有点想他妈妈
We’re doing fine. He just misses his mum.
你今早过的好吗
How are you this morning?
别这样 弗兰克
Go on, Frank.
晚安 达尔林普尔小姐…
Good night, Miss Dalrymple.
晚安 医生
Good night, Doctor.
我不该说她的不是
I shall never speak poorly of her.
像你这样和蔼可亲的人的爱慕
and admiration from one so kind and gentle as yourself,
既然她能得到
Well, if she’s earned such love
你会发觉她极度聪明且心慈好善
you would see she’s terribly clever and wonderfully charitable.
如果你真的了解她
If you truly knew her,
非常非常感性
feels everything so strongly.
夏洛特 她只是…
Charlotte, she just…
我也谈不上完美 医生 至于…
well, I’m hardly ideal, Doctor. And…
反复无常
so volatile?
而你姐姐却那么的…
and your sister is so…
你几近完美
tha you are so much the ideal,
这是怎么回事呢 达尔林普尔小姐…
How is it, Miss Dalrymple,
晚安 医生
Good night, Doctor.
那是个 非常棘手的病例
Very difficult case, that one.
她每一扇门都摔吗
Does she slam every door?
别摔…
And don’t slam…
我会坚持真正属于我的路
to be my own true path.
但我永远都不会回心转意
but I shall never veer from what I know
还有那种挨饿挨苦的生活
with a life that knows only hunger and squalor,
你尽管以贫困与破产来威胁我吧
and you may threaten me with privation, with bankruptcy,
不管是慈善筹款还是家庭聚餐
not for charity or for company,
那我再也不会回来了
Then I won’t come here anymore,
在你做到之前 我不会再拿一分钱给你
and until you do so, I will not give you another penny.
现在放弃你那救济站 担负起你的责任
Now, you give up this settlement house and step up to your responsibility,
不行 这不合适
No! It’s not proper.
现在又不是中世纪 女人爱嫁谁嫁谁
It’s not the Middle Ages. She should be able to marry whomever she pleases.
我发觉它们与鱼的味道真的很衬 你觉得呢
I do find they work wonderfully with the fish. Don’t you think?
这萝卜还挺好吃的 对吧
The parsnips are delicious, are they not?
那我就把自己献给那帮如饥似渴的哥萨克人
I would rather offer myself to a band of ravenous Cossacks.
不行 在你结婚之前没门
No, no. Not until you marry.
我可不同意
I don’t think so.
怎么 要浪费在妓♥女♥和工人身上吗
Why, so you can waste it on prostitutes and factory workers?
哈哈
Haha…
那么父亲 请您把我的嫁妆给我吧
Then, Father, please give me my dowry.
但这一切该适可而止了
inexperienced maids at your request, but no more.
应你的要求 将毫无经验的…女仆雇回家