I’m sorry.
或者周日抽几小时也行 再少也能帮到我们
Or even a few hours on a Sunday. Anything would help.
我不觉得我能抽得出来
I don’t believe I would have the time.
我只想…每月抽个周末就好
I only mean… I only mean a weekend a month.
恐怕我的患者会让我忙不过来
I’m afraid my patients keep me very busy.
懂得该如何预防
with knowledge and resources.
你有知识 有资源
All preventable, as you know,
以及甚至染上霍乱和伤寒之苦的孩子
even cholera and typhus.
帮助那些忍♥受着营养不良 坏血病…
All the children suffer from malnutrition, rickets, scurvy,
至少得有面包和苹果
Broken ankles are the least of it.
我真需要一位有能力的医生的定期帮助
I could really use the help of an able doctor on a more regular basis.
你知道吗…
You know,
而且工作时间由我自己来定
and I set my own hours.
而我 却享有着有意义的人生
and I’m given a useful life,
她们只得到食物与洗好的衣物
They only get food and laundry,
我从中收获的比她们还多
I get much more out of it than they do.
说真的
Honestly,
你对这番事业的热忱及奉献令人钦佩
Your passion, your devotion to this work is admirable.
我倒想看看你那时的表情
I’d like to see your face.
你等着瞧吧 医生
You just wait and see, Doctor.
我会的
I would.
当然了 到时候 你该教教她们怎么飞
Absolutely, and then, you should teach them how to fly.
我愿为实现这一切做点小小的贡献
and I’d like to play some small part in making that happen.
拥有接受平等教育和人身自♥由♥的权利
they’ll have equal education and rights over their own bodies,
女性也将拥有选举权
women will have the vote,
我知道 当我离开人世的时候
I know, by the time I’m gone,
不 我不觉得
No, I don’t think so.
两千磅 可不是个小数目 你不觉得吗
Two thousand pounds is aiming quite high, don’t you think?
像样的学校 可能甚至还有间诊所
a proper school; maybe even a medical clinic.
我们将成为这一带的社区中心 有着花♥园♥…
We’re a centre for the neighbourhood, with a garden,
我们这儿 就不止是一间课室和厨房♥了
and we’re not just a classroom and a kitchen.
要是都买♥♥下来了
Put them together,
还有后面的那栋 一共售价两千磅
and the one behind, are both for sale for two thousand pounds.
隔壁的那栋楼
The building adjacent,
-这儿倒真是像个水塘 我发现了 -没错
It is a bit like a pond. It is true. I noticed. -Yes.
一石激起千层浪
Drop a stone in a pond, and it will make ripples.
打算从这儿开始实现
will you achieve it all from here?
你计划的这场变革
And this revolution that you’re planning,
就没有我们做不到的事
there’s no telling what we could accomplish.
要是女人们能团结起来 要是她们不那么害怕
If women pulled together, if they weren’t so frightened,
不过就是齐心协力
is nothing more than a group pulling together.
社♥会♥主♥义♥ 从本质上来说
Socialism, at its heart,
难道不是需要有八个舵手和桨手合作么
Are there not eight oarsmen and crew?
如果我真是呢
What if I am?
社♥会♥主♥义♥者
A socialist?
女士 您是个社♥会♥主♥义♥者
You, Madame, are a socialist.
改变她们的思想
we could get on to the important work of changing their minds.
便有机会实现真正重要的事
we can ease their work-load a bit,
我想要是能减轻她们的负担
I think that if
像是准备热饭 照看她们的孩子和提供公共洗衣房♥
Good hot meal. Safe place for their children and communal laundry.
我们试着提供最直接的帮助
we’re trying to provide services that will offer the most direct result:
对妇女们
For the women,
做得好
Bravo.
但孩子们终究会改变的
but, eventually, the children will teach them themselves.
我知道 父母辈不一样
I know. With the parents it’s another story,
而且切实有效
And with great success.
最终还没成功 而你已将这些传授给孩子们了
unsuccessfully, and then here you are teaching it to the children.
我花了好几年的时间
that hand-washing prevents disease,
为了说服医疗机构洗手能够预防疾病
I spent years trying to convince the medical establishment
我也看书的 医生
I do read, Doctor.
你还知道细菌
You know about germs?
你简直想象不到能有多脏 有多少细菌
but, you can’t imagine the filth and the germs.
我们尽力保持救助站的清洁 不过…
to keep the settlement sanitary,
还有开水…
We do our best
我们有肥皂
We use soap and boiled water.
这是孩子们洗手的地方
this is where the children wash their hands.
噢 你也许会对这个感兴趣 看…
Oh, you might like this. Actually, look. For example,
偶尔也涉及一些略微进步的思想
Occasionally, we sneak in something slightly progressive.
主要是运算和识字啦
Sums and letters mostly.
无疑是灌输些激进的政♥治♥观吧
Promoting some aggressive political agenda, no doubt.
偶尔我也会抽空给他们上课
We do fit in the odd bit of teaching, now and then.
这间房♥主要用作幼儿园
We use this room mostly as a nursery.
-要加牛奶吗 医生 -好的 谢谢
-Milk, Doctor? -Please.
不知道结局我会睡不着觉的
I wouldn’t have been able to sleep, without knowing how that turned out.
谢谢
Thank you.
正读到精彩的部分
Just getting to the good bit.
等会儿
Hang on.
嗨…
Hello.
好了 等我一会儿 你可以在那边等我
Very good. I won’t be a moment. You can wait just through there.
-休息几天吧 -好的 医生
-Take it easy on that for a few days. -Yes, Doctor.
那好吧 来杯茶也挺好的
Yes, alright, then. A cup of tea would be lovely.
格兰维尔医生 我们能做的只有这个了
Dr. Granville, it’s the least we can offer.
噢 不 谢了
Oh, no, thank you.
要喝杯茶吗 医生
Would you like a cup of tea, Doctor?
-感觉怎么样 -很好 谢谢你医生
-How’s that feel? -Fine. Thank you, Doctor.
我在…在这带附近
I was… I was near the neighbourhood.
没关系 我就在这附近
There’s no bother. I was in the neighbourhood.
我本打算周五带她去找你
I was going to take her to see you on Friday.
不痛
No. Nothing.
不痛吧
No pain?
完全没有
None at all.
当然了 跟进患者的病情没什么坏处吧
Surely there’s no harm in following up with a patient?
上门问诊
A house call?
没有 我是来替芬妮小姐复诊的
No. I came to enquire about Miss Fannie’s broken ankle.
达尔林普尔小姐 总这么莽撞
Ah, Miss Dalrymple. Always speaking out of turn.
这儿的女人们都忙着填饱肚子
Women are all too busy trying to find enough to eat.
恐怕在这儿你找不着歇斯底里症患者
I’m afraid you’ll find no cases of hysteria here.
来找病人吗
Trawling for patients?
格兰维尔医生…
Dr. Granville.
你好
Hello?
真是恬不知耻啊…
Scandalous.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you! Thank you!
这对于很多人而言意义重大
It means a great deal to so many people.
赫德尔斯顿夫人 谢谢你
Mrs. Huddleston, thank you.
谢谢 谢谢您的时间 谢谢您的慷慨
Thank you. Thank you for your time and your generosity…
赫德尔斯顿先生
Mr. Huddleston.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我明白
I understand.
我们将毫不犹豫地收…
We won’t hesitate to collect.
是的 是的 是的
Yes, yes, yes, yes!
希望你明白这是笔交易 夏洛特
Now I want you to be sure you understand this is strictly business, Charlotte.
噢 太感谢您了
Thank you.
两百磅 8%的利息
We will give you two hundred pounds at eight percent interest.
这是我妈妈留下的 相信绰绰有余了
They were my mother’s. They should cover the balance and more.
通常贷款是需要抵押的 亲爱的
Generally, a loan has some security, dear.
两百磅
Two hundred pounds.
贷款 多少
A loan? How much?
这不是施舍 或许可以称之为贷款
If not charity, perhaps a loan.
都是些卖♥♥苦力的 我不认为施舍将有助于…
the draught horses of society. I don’t see how charity will help.
但与你共事的这些玩意儿…
but this element you work with are nothing more than
而我们与你父亲是终生之交
and we’re lifelong friends of your father,
你知道我们有多钦佩你的精神吗 夏洛特
You know how much we admire your spirit, Charlotte,
她这性格好像鞭炮一样呢
Isn’t she a Chinese firecracker?
走了
Bye!
我想这得看是在治疗台旁 还是在治疗台上了
Well, I suppose that depends on whether you’re over the table or on it.
女士 这无关取悦 我保证
Madame, pleasure has nothing to do with it. I can assure you.
要取悦城里半数的女人想必很难吧
It must be difficult pleasuring half the women in the city.
噢 你的手看来没有好转喔
Oh, it seems that your hand is no better.
我得走了
I must be going.
真迷人
How fascinating.
啊 对了 达尔林普尔在城东有一间救助站

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!