I didn’t back down. I was just trying to save everybody some time.
我记得你在天普大学打球的时候
I remember when you were at Temple.
应该是赛季的第二场比赛
I think it was the second game of the season,
我们的对手是圣约瑟夫大学
and we were playing Saint Joe,
有人撞伤了利昂的膝盖
and some guy took Leon’s knees out.
马龙•戴利 你竟然还记得
Marlon Daly. I can’t believe you remember that.
我记得你把他痛打了一顿
I remember you knocking him into the second row
要不是有人拉着 你还想单挑对方的所有队员
and then having to be held back from fighting that entire team.
所以我才把你召入队中 因为你从不忍♥气吞声
That’s the reason I brought you in, because you never took anybody’s shit.
雷克斯 你说得对
Rex, you’re right.
我应该态度再强硬一点
I should have pushed back more.
对不起 下次不会了
I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.
对 不会了
No, it won’t.
卡尔 麻烦你绕到后面去
Karl, could you pull around to the back, please?
我买♥♥下球队后
After I bought the team,
当时你还没有成名
this was before your time,
我把这间办公室给了我叔叔康尼
I gave this office to my Uncle Connie.
他帮我打理一切 每天工作
He helped out with everything, worked every day.
抱歉 我没有早点让你当教练
Sorry, I didn’t make it happen for you sooner.
虽然不是主教练 但也算是教练
I know it’s not on the bench, but it’s behind the bench.
你觉得怎么样?
So what do you think?
我无法相信 你竟然 让你叔叔在这个小房♥间里工作
I can’t believe you made your uncle work in this closet.
谢谢你
Thank you.
感觉我一辈子都在等着当教练
Feels like I’ve been waiting my whole life to become a coach.
过来
Come here.
来
Come.
永远不要退缩
Never back down.
-是 先生 -好吗?
Yes, sir. -All right?
我不会的
I won’t. -Yeah. Yeah.
好
Right.
-你看这些黑莓
Look at the berries.
-镜头拉远点 这样才能看到全景
You need to zoom out so they can see the whole thing.
-妈妈 没人使用滤镜
Mom, no one uses filters.
-我吃不下那么大的蛋糕
I can’t eat that whole cake.
看样子你已经吃了
Looks like you already did.
哇 好热情的接风仪式
Wow, what a lovely welcome home.
我也很想你们
I missed you guys too.
-嘿 小可爱 -欢迎回来 好
Welcome back. Welcome back. Okay.
不要侧抱 侧抱是怎么回事? 你什么时候不再抱我了?
Not a side hug. What’s with the side hug? When did you stop hugging me?
亲爱的 轻点儿
Honey, you gotta be more gentle.
女儿现在胸部发育了
Your baby’s got titties now.
-真恶心 -对 我不想听
That’s disgusting. I don’t want to hear about that.
-那是你俩的事 -爸爸 今晚我可以去公墓吗?
That’s between you two. Dad, can I go to the cemetery tonight?
那里要放《鬼玩人》
They’re showing Evil Dead.
《鬼玩人》?我喜欢那部电影 去吧
I told you I love that movie. Absolutely.
-不 她不能去 -不 你不能去 为什么?
No, she can’t. No, you can’t. Why can’t she?
因为她还没完成 关于《宅地法》的讲解
She never finished her presentation on the Homestead Act.
没完成?为什么?
Didn’t finish. Why?
不知道
I don’t know.
好吧 我们这样
Okay, here’s what we’ll do.
今晚你可以去看电影
You can go to the movie tonight.
太好了
Oh, wow. -Yes.
不 但整个周末你要好好复习历史课
No. No, no. But all weekend long, it’s just you, your history books.
星期天晚上 我要听你讲解《宅地法》
Sunday night, I want a TED Talk on the Homestead Act.
-好的 -没问题吧?
Fine. Yes. -All right?
-好 我爱你 -谢谢
Okay. Cool. -Thank you.
-我也爱你 -现在可以抱我一下吗?不行?
I love you. Now can I get a hug? -Love you too. -No. -No? No, hug.
你为什么让她去?
Why would you do that?
因为我很高兴她如此期待有所改变
Because I was happy she was actually excited about something for a change.
而且说实话 我想跟你享受二人世界
And to be honest with you, I… I wanted to be alone with you.
你这样胡来 还想尝到甜头?
You think you’ll get some love after that bullshit you just pulled?
-休想 -我有好消息
Hell, no. I have some good news.
等你听完了 也许你会重新喜欢我
You might even like me again once you hear it.
你看着的这个人…
You are looking at…
好吧 你没有看 但你很快就会看的
Well, you’re not looking, but you’re going to look soon,
就是费城76人队的
at the new assistant coach…
新任助理教练
…for the Philadelphia 76ers.
谢谢你做的一切
Thanks for everything.
斯坦利
Stanley, Stanley.
对
Yep. Yep.
-助理教练! -我们做到了
AC! AC! -We did it. We did it.
“不!给我上!赶紧上去!”
We did it. -“No! Get down there!”
-“你给我过来!” -没错
“Get your ass up! Get your ass here!” -That’s right.
喂
Yo,
你看
check this out.
这段视频又火了 63岁的J博士仍在扣篮
This video is trending again. Dr. J still dunking when he was 63.
厉害吧?
Isn’t that nuts?
嗯 你最好放下手♥机♥ 你在开车呢
Yeah, you should put your phone away, though, because you’re driving.
嗯 没错
Yeah, that’s true.
但是你看他跳得多高 天下无双
But just look at the hops on that guy. There was nobody like him.
很酷
That’s cool. -Mm-hmm.
你在学校怎么样?一切还好吧?
What’s going on with school? How’s that going?
呃…
It’s, um…
没事 很好
Nothing. It’s fine.
说真的 上大学的事你是怎么想的?
In all honesty, what do we feel about college?
你想去吗?
Is that something you want to do?
我们谈过上电影学院的事
You talked about going to film school.
申请电影学院的人很多
So many kids are applying to film schools.
他们不会录取我的
They’re not going to pick me.
我不担心其他人
Oh, I’m not worried about all those other kids. I’m worried about you.
我只担心你 你的对手是你自己 宝贝
You against you, baby.
你能行的
You can get it done.
你得做自己喜欢的事
You just gotta do what you love.
你喜欢整天不着家吗?
Did you love being away from home all the time?
你是这样理解的?
That’s what you got out of this. –
我当然讨厌整天不着家
Of course, I hated being away from home,
但现在我当教练了 我会经常在你身边的
but now that I’m coaching, I’m going to be around a lot more.
我们将一起帮你提高成绩
So we’re going to get your grades up. Together.
好
Okay.
-爱你 再见 -我爱你
Love you. Bye. -I love you.
祝你们玩得开心
Have a good time with these guys.
嗨!我好激动!
Hi! I’m so excited! Hi!
跟他们就不是侧抱了?只针对我?
No side hugs for them. That’s just for me?
-我喜欢
I love that.
姑娘们 我看着你们长大的 就没人跟我打个招呼吗?
Girls. I know you since kindergarten, none of you say hi?
再见 爸爸!
Bye, Dad.
♪ Get your girl to make bail ♪
-♪And get your ass out of jail ♪
♪ You should be gettin’ it Everything you want ♪
♪ Everything you dreamed of ♪
♪ Never have to front ♪
大家晚上好 我是安东尼•加加诺
Good evening, everybody, Anthony Gargano here,
我有一条突发消息 一个令人伤心的消息
I’ve got breaking news. And it’s very, very sad news.
我刚刚确认了
I’ve just confirmed it.
我不想说出口
I don’t even want to say it.
但是雷克斯•梅里克
But Rex Merrick,
我们敬爱的雷克斯
you know our beloved Rex,
76人队的老板 今晚去世了
owner of the Sixers, has passed away tonight.
我不知道说什么好了
I’m at a loss for words.
他是个大好人
He was one of the great people.
他是我们的一员
He was one of our people.
他在宾州的阿尔图纳长大 小时候家里一贫如洗
He grew up dirt poor in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
他跟城里的其他人一样
He was just like everybody else in his town.
他积累了巨大的财富
He built great wealth,
但他从不跟我们保持距离
but he never distanced himself from us.
所以今天我们失去了一个了不起的人
And this is why we lost a great one today.
雷克斯 这首歌♥献给你
So Rex, this is for you. –
嗨 现在我不在
Hi, I’m not here right now.
请留言 我会尽快打给你
Leave me a message and I’ll get back to you when I can.
-♪Somethin’ goin’ on, I feel funny ♪
♪ Can’t tell me nothin’ different My nose twitchin’ ♪
♪ Intuition settin’ in like Steve vision ♪
♪ I still close my eyes I still see visions ♪
♪ Still hear that voice In the back of my mind ♪
♪ So what I do? I still take heed, I still listen ♪
♪ I still paint that perfect picture ♪
♪ I still shine bright like a prism… ♪