So I never really let things get too far with him.
然后有一天晚上我遇见了卡尔
Then one night I met Carl.
他非常可爱 而且他真的也非常喜欢我
He was very sweet and he really came on with me.
我重新恢复了理智 我对自己说:
I came to my senses. I said to myself:
“我为什么要和这些老家伙们搅和在一起?”
“What am I doing with these older men?”
所以我快刀斩乱麻 之后就一直与卡尔约会
So I cleaned up my act and I’ve been dating Carl.
可是正如你看到的 理查德那么冲动 他真的很难接受这一切
As you can see, Richard is so unstable. He really took it badly.
天呐!这些都足够你写出你的第一部长篇小说 和它的续篇
God! You’ve got material for your first novel and the sequel…
并给普契尼的歌♥剧作脚本了!太不可思议了
…and an opera by Puccini here! This is incredible.
是啊 可你不认为我做得对吗?卡尔他很有趣
Yes, but don’t you think I’m right? I mean, Carl, he’s fun.
我凭什么要和一帮中年危机组合混在一起啊?
What the hell am I doing with the midlife crisis set?
我是说 他们是都很不错 都是成熟的男人 可是
They’re all wonderful, rather accomplished men.
最后 我终于感觉到我好像只是迷惘的青春或未实现梦想
In the end, I felt like I was a symbol of lost youth…
的某种象征 我是不是太戏剧化了?
…or unfulfilled dreams. Am I being dramatic?
加贝
Gabe.
莱恩的生日就要到了 我们很希望你能来
Rain’s birthday is coming up, and we’d love you to come.
– 我不知道 – 他不会想来的
– I don’t know. – He doesn’t want to come.
我们很希望你能来喝一杯 你和你妻子
We would love you to come for a drink. You and your wife.
妈妈 他不会来参加我的生日聚会的
Mom, he’s not gonna come to my birthday.
你对她的影响非常大 可以说是你给她的灵感
You’ve been a great influence on her. Inspirational.
她很棒
Well, she’s great.
要是你能来的话 我认为是我们的荣幸
I’d consider it an honor if you’d come by.
就像加贝把他的手稿给了莱恩 朱迪也给别人看了她写的东西
Just as Gabe gave his manuscript to Rain, Judy also showed her writing.
听着 我终于慢慢地读完了 这些可爱的诗
Listen, I finally got around to reading these lovely poems.
– 你完全可以实话实说 – 这是实话
– You can be honest. – I am.
– 这只是我的一个爱好 – 我很感动 它们饱含着情感
– It’s just a hobby. – I was moved. They’re full of feeling.
– 你丈夫是怎么说的? – 我从不给他看这些
– What does your husband say? – I’d never show them to him.
他很苛刻的 他的标准非常高
He’d be much too critical. He has very high standards.
– 当然 他是对的 – 那两首描写新英格兰的?
– He’d be right too. – The two you wrote about New England?
那里有个墓地 我想被安葬在那
There’s a graveyard there where I’d love to be buried.
我知道那地方 我也曾对艾米说 那是我选中的地方
I used to say to Amy, that’s the place I’d choose too.
– 你看 你今天想不想出去吃个午饭? – 当然
– Do you want to eat lunch outside? – Sure.
– 你是被淋湿了吗? – 没有 你怎么样?
– Are you soaked? – No. What about you?
我想只是外套有点湿
I think just my coat.
– 你头发全都湿了 – 是吗?
– Your hair’s wet. – Is it?
谢谢 安妮
Thank you, Annie.
– 很好玩 是吗? – 是啊 我头发都乱了
– That was fun. – Yes. My hair’s a mess.
听着
Listen….
– 朱迪 我可以向你说点心里话吗? – 当然
– Judy, can I speak frankly to you? – Sure.
– 谢谢你介绍我和莎利认识 – 噢 是啊
– Thanks for introducing me to Sally. – Oh. Oh, yeah.
– 我想我是爱上她了 – 天 那有够快啊
– I think I’m in love with her. – Gee, that was quick.
不过她倒没有和我有相同的感觉 也不知以后会不会有
Not that she shares my feelings or ever will.
– 她已经很长时间没有单身一人了 – 是的 可就像是
– She hasn’t been single that long. – Yeah, but it’s like…
我喜欢一个人 迫不及待地想让另一只鞋掉下来
…I like someone and can’t wait for the other shoe to fall.
也许你有点
You probably had–
你只是有点害怕一些不好的经历
You’re just a little gun-shy from some bad experiences.
她是不是像她看起来那么出色呢?
Is she as terrific as she seems?
她是 她很出色 她很
She is. She’s wonderful. She’s…
诚实又正派 我怎么说她好话都不过分
…honest and decent…I can’t say enough good things.
谢谢你 朱迪 你知道我很重视你的意见
Thank you, Judy. You know I respect your opinion.
如果你不介意的话?
Do you mind if I–?
我只是有点感觉不太好 可能是刚才跑得太猛了
I’m just feeling a little funny.
– 我去给你拿点药来 – 我没事!
– I’ll get you a… – I’m fine.
我不知道为什么我要介绍莎利认识 为什么那样使劲地撮合他们?
I don’t know why I introduced them. Why did I push them together?
很显然 我自己也对他有好感 所以
When obviously, I had feelings for him myself.
我只是感到很困惑 我不知道自己究竟想要什么
I was just confused. I didn’t know what I wanted.
你看上去一点都不显老 你一定经常锻炼吧?
You look good. You don’t get any older. You work out, huh?
自从莎利和我分开以后 我就单身了 我得管好自己的体形
Since Sally and I broke up, I’m single. I gotta watch it, you know?
有天晚上我看见莎利了 她正和一个男的约会
I saw Sally the other night. She’s dating some guy.
看起来不错 不信你问克莱尔
Nice-looking. Claire can tell you.
是的 我想 他是干什么的?他是个编辑
Yeah, I think–What was he? He’s an editor.
那么
So….
怎么回事?他们经常约会吗 还是?
What’s the deal? Are they seeing one another or–?
我们不知道
We don’t know.
我喝醉了 所以你别怪我 你放弃了一个很棒的人
I’m drunk, so don’t hold me responsible. You gave up a great one.
肯!他现在也过得不错
Ken! He’s having a good time.
不 他说得对 你瞧 我们一起生活了那么多年
No, he’s right. I know. Look, we were together a lot of years.
她是个很好的女人
She’s a great lady.
她会没事的 那个叫迈克尔的家伙看起来还不错
She’ll be all right. This guy, Michael something, seemed fine.
– 我们走吧 – 我说错什么话了吗?
– Let’s go. – I’m not out of line.
你没事吧?那个金发女孩 萨曼莎 她应该去参加奥♥运♥会
You’re okay, right? That girl, Samantha, should be in the Olympics.
你认为怎么样?他们是认真的吗?
What do you think? Are they serious?
– 我们不知道 – 她说了什么?
– Don’t know. – What did she say?
我们没怎么交谈 只有几分钟 我们就
We didn’t talk. For a few minutes we
她看上去很不错 她是不是整过容了?
She looked great. Has she had face work?
– 整容? – 我们必须走了 很高兴见到你
– Face work? – We gotta go. Good to see you.
萨姆去哪了?
Where is Sam?
如果占星术是真的 那么双胞胎就会有相同的命运
If astrology were true, twins would have the same fate.
– 它是完完全全可以证明的! – 吉普赛人的证明?
– It is totally provable! – From gypsies?
为什么行星的位置不会对我们的性格产生影响呢?
Why wouldn’t it have an influence on our personalities?
你知道谁相信这个吗?我的保姆
You know who believes this? My baby-sitter.
他们知道在满月的时候犯罪率就会上升
There is more crime during the full moon.
是吗?谁知道?
Well, who knows?
应该是宇宙知道这些东西
It’s like the universe knows this stuff.
你们根本就不懂基本原理
You guys just don’t get the fundamental basics–
你应该见见我的保姆 她在纽约谁都不认识
You should meet my baby-sitter. She doesn’t know anyone in New York.
– 她来我们家已经有两个月了 – 太好了
– She’s been with me two months. – Fabulous….
– 我的前妻就特别相信这个 – 那你应该多听听你前妻的话
– My ex-wife believed in this. – You should listen to her.
我想说清楚我的观点 因为
I’m just making a point. Because, you know…
行星的位置 对你的命运非常的关键
…the position of the planets is crucial to your life.
我怎么强调都不过分 你的身体
I can’t stress this enough. And your body–
– 讲点逻辑吧 – 这些完全合乎逻辑
– Be logical. – But I’m totally logical.
我不会将人马座
I would not put a Sagittarius–
萨姆 我们该走了
Sam, we gotta go. Come on.
– 我们才刚开始讨论呢 – 很高兴见到你们
– We’re just getting started. – It was good to see you.
– 还早着呢! – 有点晚了 回头见 各位
– It’s early! – It’s getting later. See you, guys.
– 能认识你们真是非常高兴! – 行了
– It was nice meeting you. – Come on.
要是你不知道自己在说些什么 为什么不闭嘴呢?
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, why don’t you not talk?
他们才不知道自己在说什么呢!
They don’t know what they’re saying!
你觉得这样的交谈是你的义务似的 你就不能倾听一下?
You feel obligated to talk. How about listening?
– 我听着呢! – 那对你来说是个新奇的主意
– I listen! – That’s a novel idea for you.
你太无礼了 我简直不敢相信刚才你那样对我!
You are so rude. I can’t believe you just did that!
– 你是专家 行了吧 – 你太让我难堪了
– You’re the expert. – That’s the most embarrassing–
在事情更糟之前 我们还是赶紧离开这儿吧
Let’s get out before you make it any worse.
– 老是扯你那狗屁的占星术 愚蠢透顶 – 怎么就愚蠢透顶?
– This bullshit astrology. It’s stupid. – It’s not stupid.
我听腻了你那关于大豆和禅宗食物的废话
I’m sick of listening to your crap about soybeans and Zen foods.
– 离我远点 别来烦我! – 赶快上车!
– Leave me alone. No. – Get in the car!
– 你以为你是谁啊 这么跟我说话?
– Who do you think you’re talking to?
– 你想让我在朋友面前丢脸吗?
– You wanna embarrass me?
他们在说一些富于知识性的话题 而你却在说什么豆腐和水晶球
They’re making intellectual talk, and you’re jerking off about tofu.
– 相信我 他们才是真的愚蠢透顶! – 赶紧上车行吗
– Believe me, they’re just stupid! – Get in the car.
– 我才不上车! – 快上来
– I’m not going. – You are.
– 救命! – 你给我闭嘴!
– Help! – Shut up, will you?
你给我闭嘴!你疯了吗?
Shut your mouth! Are you crazy?
– 我就是要让你丢脸! – 让我丢脸?
– I wanna embarrass you! – Embarrass me?
– 你过不过来? – 我恨你还有你的
– Are you coming? – I hate you and your…
愚蠢的操蛋的狗屁朋友!
…stupid fucking asshole friends!
上车!快上车!
Get in. Get in the car.
– 我的包去哪儿了? – 我不知道 我才不管呢
– Where’s my bag? – I don’t know. It doesn’t matter.
给你 上车去
Here. Get in the car.
真见鬼!我一定是失去理智了 你个疯子
Goddamn, I must have been out of my mind. You’re crazy.
– 你喝多了喝醉了 开不了车了 – 闭嘴吧 我们走
– You’re too drunk to drive. – Just shut up and let’s go.
– 真是见鬼! – 看看你都干了什么!
– Goddamn it! – Look what you’ve done now! Just–
快让我出去!赶紧让我出去!
Let me out of here! Let me out of here!
– 你能停下来吗?! – 我才不停呢
– Will you just stop?! – I’m not stopping.
– 快点回车上去! – 你个疯子!
– Get in the car! – You maniac!
你想找不自在?
Trying to be cute?
不!
No!
– 回他妈车上去! – 不!
– Get in the car! – No!
– 噢 我简直不敢相信 – 不!救命!
– Oh, I don’t believe this. – No! Help!
我这是在干嘛?回车上去 你个毛头小孩!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!