We did it in stalled elevators…
在灌木从里 在人家的屋子里 在晚会的洗手间里做
…and in bushes and people’s houses, at parties in the bathroom.
我不想告诉你 在汽车的后座上 她会用一件外套盖住她双腿
In the back of cars, she’d put a coat on our laps…
一把抓过我的手 就往她的两腿之间塞
…and grab my hand and stick it between her legs.
她真的非常与众不同
She was really something.
她有点 她的性♥欲♥很强
And she, you know, she was highly libidinous.
明白我意思吗?她想与其他的女人做♥爱♥
You know? She wanted to make love with other women.
她有一阵子迷上了毒品 她会打开那玩意儿
She got into dope for a while. She’d break that thing…
吸上一口 然后她就会有高♥潮♥
…that you sniff when she’d have her orgasm.
你知道 对我来说 真让我大开眼界
I was getting a real education.
我被她弄得神魂颠倒 我完全为她而疯狂
I was fascinated. I was absolutely nuts about her.
可最终 她被送入了精神病院
And ultimately she wound up in an institution.
我是说 这并不好玩 这是件很悲哀的事
I mean, it’s not funny, it was a very sad thing.
她很棒 但很疯狂
She was great, but nuts.
你瞧 我一直有这样的嗜好
See, I’ve always had this penchant…
喜欢那种我称之为“神风女子”的女人
…for what I call “kamikaze women.”
我称她们“神风”因为他们撞毁飞机 自我毁灭
I call them kamikazes because they crash their plane.
但他们是冲着你撞过来 于是你就和他们同归于尽了
They crash it into you, and you die with them.
只要存在挑战 成功的机会微乎其微
As soon as there’s little chance of it working out…
我心里就会产生一种莫名的兴奋 也许那是由于我是个作家
…something clicks in my mind. Maybe because I’m a writer.
可是如果某种戏剧性的 或审美的要素恰到好处
A dramatic or aesthetic component becomes right…
我就会追逐那个人
…and I go after that person.
这样就会形成某种戏剧性的氛围 仿佛我
There’s a certain dramatic ambience that’s almost…
或多或少地爱上了那个人 爱上了那种状况
…as if I fall in love with the situation.
当然 那种状况的结局 对我来说并不太好
Of course, it has not worked out well for me.
结果不算很好
It has not been great and
杰克和莎利 分手几个星期之后
A few weeks after Jack and Sally split–
他和我交谈得不多
You know, he and I didn’t speak much.
因为我发现他躲着我们 我们花更多时间陪着莎利
I found him elusive. We spent more time with Sally.
她很沮丧 我们一直想办法让她高兴起来
She was depressed. We’d try and cheer her up.
要是让我独自一人住在你住的地方 我一定很害怕
I’d be scared to live alone where you live.
真的很吓人
It’s really scary.
那里经常发生的入室盗窃 我邻居的房♥子就被抢过
There have been burglaries. My neighbor was robbed.
邻居人都在家里
And nearby, people were at home.
我是说 算他们走运 他们没醒过来
It’s lucky for them they didn’t wake up.
我一定吓死了 晚上我一定不敢闭上眼睛
I would die. I’d never close my eyes at night.
– 那么怎么说?你们想吃点什么或者? – 好的
– You wanna get something to eat? – Sure.
嘿!
Hey.
– 这是萨姆 – 嗨
– This is Sam. – Hi.
– 这是加贝 这是莎利 – 这是朱迪
– This is Gabe and Sally. – This is Judy.
– 我得走了 对不起了 – 不 你别傻了
– I have to go. Sorry. – Don’t be silly.
不 我有个约会 真的
No, I have an appointment.
– 真的吗? – 你别发疯了
– Really? – Don’t be crazy.
– 我必须得走了 – 我们正想弄点东西吃
– I have to go. – We were gonna eat.
我只是想让你们
I just wanted you–
天哪!
God!
– 真是巧 哈? – 是的
– Some coincidence. – I know.
– 我刚才没记住你名字? – 萨姆
– What was your name? – Sam.
萨姆 好的
Sam. Right.
– 那么你们俩只是在这儿转转还是? – 我们刚吃了午饭
– So you guys are just walking? – We just had lunch.
– 你是做什么的 萨姆? – 有氧健身
– What do you do, Sam? – Aerobics.
我是教练 兼♥职♥做点营养师的工作
And I’m a trainer and some nutrition.
你们想去家里一起吃晚饭吗?
You wanna have dinner at the house?
– 她的厨艺可真好 – 我确信
– She’s a great cook. – I am.
我想我们去不了
I don’t think–
– 我们全吃素菜 – 我们去不了
– It’s vegetarian. – We can’t.
– 你们不喜欢吃肉吗? – 是的 她吃一点儿
– You don’t eat meat, do you? – I don’t. She eats a little.
我以前每天都吃牛肉 然后我就戒了 可我最近又开始吃了
I used to eat meat, then I gave it up. Then I had some again…
– 所以我一下子就胖得不得! – 我们可以叫墨西哥外卖♥♥
-…and I got so bloated! – Or there’s a Mexican place.
– 是的!我狂爱吃“库斯库斯” – 你还是喜欢自己做?
– Oh, yeah! I flip over couscous! – You feel like cooking?
– 你想怎么样就怎么样吧 – 就这么定了
– Whatever you want. – Let’s do it.
– 是的 我们可以看“格莱美”
Yeah. We’ll watch the Grammys.
我可不想看“格莱美”
I’m not watching that.
– 我指望吉尔赢得最佳单曲呢! – 我不想看“格莱美”
– I bet Jill over the best single! – I’m not watching the Grammys.
– 我妈妈来城里了 – 是的 他妈妈这周要来
– My mother’s in town. – Yeah, she’s here for a week.
好吧 也许晚点 我一直想给你打电♥话♥
Okay, maybe later. I’ve been meaning to call.
我想去买♥♥点无咖♥啡♥因♥的咖啡
I’d like to pick up some decaf.
那边有家很棒的商店 我需要买♥♥些人参
Oh, there’s a great store. I need some ginseng.
她真的特别棒 她获得过心理学学位
She is so great. You know, she’s got a degree in psychology.
– 她真的喜欢健身运动 – 你真♥他♥妈♥疯了
– She’s into fitness. – You’re fucking nuts.
她棒极了 她很投入 她是个很不错的女孩 她家在特拉华
She is terrific. She’s a nice girl. Her family’s from Delaware.
她父亲在警♥察♥局工作
Her father’s in police work.
我就是想不明白 你离开莎利就是为了她?我很震惊
I can’t get my mind around it. You leave Sally for this? I’m shocked.
– 小心点伙计 我对她是认真的 – 你是我朋友 我爱你
– Careful. I’m serious about her. – You’re my friend, I love you.
你的智商好像突然间就衰退了
It’s like your IQ is in remission.
– 好像你得了好多次中风 – 拜托 别再给我说教了
– It’s like you had a stroke. – Don’t give some moralizing discourse.
– 你又不是我的拉比 闭嘴吧 – 我只是觉得难以置信
– You’re not my rabbi. – I just can’t believe it.
你和莎利结婚已经这么多年了 你们成了家 她很出色
You’re with Sally for years. You raise a family. She’s wonderful.
– 好吧 她有的时候是会让人蛋疼 – 她确实是
– So she’s a ball-breaker sometimes – She is.
是我在和她生活 你又不了解她
I lived with her, you don’t know her.
我不了解她?那么跟我说说到底有什么可怕的事
I don’t? So tell me something terrible.
没什么可怕的事可以告诉你的 她人很棒
There’s nothing terrible to tell you.
我不想伤害她 我这样做并不是想伤害她
I don’t wanna hurt her. That’s not what this is about.
可你突然招来个鸡尾酒女招待
Suddenly you take up with a cocktail waitress–
– 她不是鸡尾酒女招待 – 我考虑的是你和莎利
– She’s not a cocktail waitress. – I think of you and Sally
她人很好 在她身边我可以很放松
She’s warm and she’s nice and I can relax around her.
莎利有点神经质 这你也知道
Sally was hyper. You know that.
她是不错 但她很冷漠 很难缠
She’s great, but she’s cold and difficult.
她的那些拉德克利夫学院朋友 还有她那些室内装潢的狗屁玩意儿
Her Radcliffe friends and the crap about her decorator.
我受够了歌♥剧
I was bored at the opera.
她从不愿意和我一起去看比赛 我们从不放松
She’d never go to a game. We’d never just relax.
甚至在家里我把烟灰缸放错位置 那我就完了!
If I put an ashtray down in the wrong place, that was it!
– 这要让你花15年时间才闹明白是吗? – 我早就该这么做了
– It took 15’s to understand this? – I should’ve done it before now.
我们有孩子 我们也都很害怕独自一人
But we had kids and we’re all scared of being alone.
我爱莎利 可我和健身教练在一起又有什么不对?
I love Sally. But what’s wrong with aerobics?
– 我成了什么?虚伪小人? – 这和健身教练有什么关系啊?
– What am I? A snob? – What’s it got to do with aerobics?
她很棒 她不是西蒙娜·德·波伏瓦又怎么样?
Big deal. So she’s not Simone de Beauvoir.
我希望我♥干♥她的时候 她的指甲会扣进我背里尖声高叫
I want somebody who screams when I fuck her.
她他妈就是个鸡尾酒女招待
She’s a fucking cocktail waitress.
这不关你的事 你根本不懂我们俩之间的事
That’s not your business. You don’t know what goes on between us.
我受够了被人指指点点
I’m tired of being corrected and criticized.
我和莎利在一起时就是这样
That’s all I ever did with Sally.
你妈妈没来城里 她在佛罗里达
And your mother is not in town. She’s in Florida.
我真的认为不管我们如何努力 婚姻也不可能永久维系
I think no matter how hard we worked, the marriage wouldn’t have lasted.
你和朱迪的婚姻有多长时间?
How long were you and Judy married?
五年
Five years.
– 你们为什么分的手? – 我想退出了
– Why did you split up? – I thought I wanted out.
我感觉油箱里已经没油了
I felt I had just run out of gas.
可现在我回想 其实是朱迪不想
But as I look back, I think it was Judy who wanted out.
这么说是她离开的你?
So she left you?
不 她才不会 那不是她的风格
No, she’d never–That’s not her style.
别让朱迪骗了你 她是那种 我称之为“被动进攻型”的人
Don’t let Judy fool you. She’s what I call passive-aggressive.
她总是一副“我好可怜啊 你饶了我吧”的样子
Everything is, “Poor me, give me a break.”
可她总是能得到她想要的东西
But she gets what she wants.
我还记得那天她遇见她现任丈夫加贝·罗斯的情景
I remember when she met her current husband, Gabe Roth.
我丈夫和我女儿这周呆在这
My husband and daughter are staying…
但是我明晚必须乘火车进城 我还有些工作要做
…but I’m leaving tomorrow. I have to work.
– 你可以搭我的车 我明天开车回去 – 不 别傻了
– Let me give you a lift. – No, don’t be silly.
– 你为什么坐火车回去? – 我喜欢坐火车
– Why go on the train? – It’s fine.
– 你想吃点什么吗? – 我?不 还是我去给你拿吧
– Would you like something to eat? – Me? No. I’ll get you something.
– 我正要去 还是你告诉我你要什么吧 – 别傻了
– I was just on my way. – Don’t be silly.
– 意大利面?还要其他的么? – 就这些
– Pasta? Anything else? – That’s fine.
– 我可以很容易地叫到出租车 – 为什么要这样?
– I can easily get a cab. – Why should you?
看 最后还是他去拿了吃的
See? He winds up getting the food.
他改变了他的日程 驱车将她送到家了门口
He changes his schedule, drives her home.
她总是在说:“不 我没事的 不用帮我 ”
And all the time it’s, “No, I’ll be okay. Don’t help me.”
我前夫没有说到的是 在我们婚姻的最后两年
What he doesn’t say is that for the last two years of our marriage…
当他想和我♥干♥那事时 他事实上很无能为力
…he was virtually impotent, when it came to me.
他变得很愤怒 因为我没变成他所期望的样子
He was just raging because I didn’t turn out to be what he thought–
他以为我会成为他母亲那样的人
He thought I’d be one thing. His mother, to be exact.
而让我受不了的是 从各个方面来说 他都极其平庸

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!