Oh, you’re in love?
那么快?
So fast?
我他妈的简直不敢相信!
I don’t fucking believe it!
不管她是谁 你都是 一直在保持和她来往
You were seeing whoever it is all along.
我当然知道会有新的状况出现 但也不能这么快吧!
Of course, I expected things to happen. But not so fast!
你那么肯定?
Are you that sure?
不 我没有
No, I’m not.
噢 天哪 都是他妈的骗人的鬼话!
Oh, God, it’s just fucking dishonest bullshit!
没事吧?
Hi, you–?
我没事
I’m fine.
– 听着 如果你有什么私事 – 真的 我很好
– If you’re having a personal – Really. I’m okay.
我一直期待着今晚 我们去看什么?
I’m looking forward to tonight. What are we seeing?
唐·乔瓦尼
Don Giovanni.
唐·璜的故事
A Don Juan story.
我只知道是莫扎特的作品
I can only think of it as Mozart.
去他妈的唐·璜
Fucking Don Juans.
他们应该把他妈的 他的鸡♥巴♥割下来
They should have cut his fucking dick off.
要我再给你倒一点酒吗?
Can I get you some more wine?
好的
Please.
你看 我们不一定非得去
You know, we don’t have to go.
不 我不想让我的生活停滞不前
No. I’m not gonna put my life on hold.
我一直非常想去看这出歌♥剧
I’ve been dying to see this opera.
– 原谅我失陪一下 – 当然
– Excuse me one second. – Sure.
喂 还是我
Hello. Me again.
我知道她是谁
I know who she is.
放屁!她是盖尔
Bullshit! It’s Gail.
自从她加入你们公♥司♥就追着你不放 你们俩都喜欢什么狗屁运动!
She’s been after you since she joined the firm. You both like sports!
别对我撒谎了 杰克
Don’t lie to me, Jack.
她就是你所喜欢的那种类型 她看上去皮肤黝黑
She’s your type. She’s got that look.
她聪明伶俐 还是他妈的 普林斯顿的什么玩意儿!不!
She’s bright and all that Princeton bullshit! No!
我以为这只是个试验!我没想到这是最终结果
I thought it was an experiment! I didn’t think it was final.
我没有料到你居然会有婚外情!
I didn’t realize you were having an affair!
真会放屁!我他妈的一个字都不会相信!
That’s bullshit! I don’t buy a fucking word of it!
– 什么时候我们必须赶到那儿? – 听着
– What time do we have to be there? – Listen…
我想我真的做不了这事 我感觉很心慌
…I don’t really think I can do this. I’m feeling upset.
你心慌个什么劲?去他妈的男人!
What are you upset about? Fucking men!
女人一跨过某个年龄 情势就完全不一样了
A woman gets to this age, it’s a different ball game.
别为你们的性别辩护!这是事实!
Don’t defend your sex! It’s true!
你人老珠黄之前一切都很好 可之后他们就想要有新的目标了
It’s great till you start to show your age, then they want a newer model.
莎利
Sally.
莎利 你是个
Sally, you’re–
你是个很有魅力的女人 不管你年龄多大
You’re a very attractive woman, for any age.
这对我的自尊心是个可怕的打击 我以为他爱我
It was a terrible blow to my ego. I thought he loved me.
我们只是试验一下
That we were experimenting.
可是假如是你先认识了 别的什么人 会怎么样?
But if you had met someone first…?
也许你说得没错
Probably right.
也许我也会像他这么做
Probably would’ve done the same thing.
有许多次 我幻想过 一个人生活
I had fantasized about being single many times.
要保持一桩婚姻不起波澜 是很艰难的事
It’s hard to keep a marriage going smoothly.
所有的挫折和负担 我不知道
All the frustration and baggage. I don’t know.
我不知道
I don’t know.
盖尔一年前来到他办公室
Gail came to his office the year before.
我和她见过几次面
I’d met her several times.
让我怎么说呢?她很
Look, what can I say? She’s…
有涵养 也很聪明
…cultivated, intelligent.
都是他喜欢的
It’s what he likes.
她还来过我们家里几次
She’d been over to the house a few times.
她很欣赏我各方面的品味 她甚至连着装打扮都有点像我
She loved my taste in everything. She even dressed like me.
我能说什么呢?她就是年轻版的我
What can I say? She’s me, but she’s younger.
你的那个短篇小说写得很绝妙
Listen, your short story was absolutely fabulous.
– 真的吗? – 真的
– Really? – Yeah.
给我印象非常非常深 我得承认
I was very impressed, I must say.
我认为它也许是这个学期 我读到过的最好的东西了
It was probably the best this term.
– 真的非常棒 – 太好了!
– It was wonderful. – That’s great!
见解非常的深刻 行文也很优美
The insights were great, the prose was very graceful.
你知道 总体来说 给我印象深刻
You know, in general, I was impressed.
– 噢 天哪 我脸红了 是吗? – 不 别啊
– God, I’m blushing, right? – Well, don’t–
我一定满脸通红
My face gets all red.
我都要哭了
I may just cry.
可别当成是坏事情啊 我这是夸奖的意思
Well, don’t take it that badly. I meant it as a compliment.
真的很棒 见解很妙
It was great. Wonderful.
你的认可比任何其他人的 都更有意义
Your approbation means more than anybody’s.
你就是当初我写作的原因
You’re the reason why I wanted to write.
– 真的吗? – 是的
– Really? – Yeah.
我家里人和我 我们经常引用《灰帽子》里的句子
My family and I, we used to quote “The Grey Hat.”
你们怎么记得那篇小说的?
How do you remember that story?
“放弃他的希望
“Giving up his hopes…
“不再继续梦想 就像是戴上了一顶灰帽子”
“…compromising one’s dreams, is like putting on a grey hat.”
我超喜欢!
I love that!
你还记得 那太好了
You remember that. That’s great.
你看 你可以听到我的心跳了
Listen. You can hear my heart beating.
你的名字“雨”怎么来的?
How’d you get the name Rain?
我父母按照莱纳·玛丽亚·里尔克给我
My parents named me after…
取的名字
…Rilke.
– 是吗? – 是的 他是我妈妈最喜欢的诗人
– Did they? – Yeah, it’s my mother’s favorite poet.
所以我就有了这个名字
So that’s how I got it.
你家里人也是 作家还是?
Are your folks, you know, writers?
不 我爸爸是投资银行家 我妈妈在林肯中心工作
No, my dad’s an investment banker and my mom works at Lincoln Center.
你是唯一的孩子?
Are you an only child?
– 你为什么要问这些问题? – 我只是有点好奇
– Why are you asking these questions? – I’m interested.
我对那篇小说印象深刻
I was so impressed.
我也把它给别的人读了一下 也给她留下了深刻的印象
I gave it to someone else and she was also impressed.
哦 真的吗?
Oh, really?
– 是的 你家在纽约吗? – 是的 我们住在“东区大街”
– Are you from New York? – I’m from East End Avenue.
– 我是不是问了太多的问题? – 不 没事
– Are these too many questions? – No.
只有一个孩子 是的 我是唯一的孩子
It’s just the only child one. Yes, I was an only child. Yeah.
那么你是怎么能够写出如此深刻的东西的?
So how did you manage to write something so deep?
我是说 你有没有?
I mean, have you had a–?
你有没有结过婚和离过婚?
Have you been married and divorced?
你的家庭是不是充满了喧嚣和狂躁 或者?
Is your whole family stormy and tempestuous or–?
什么?我不认为我很喧嚣和狂躁
What? I didn’t know I was stormy and tempestuous.
你的文笔很
Well, the writing was very–
– 很有力度 – 我不知道
– It was intense. – I don’t know.
这只是个花招?大概
It’s just a trick, you know?
我在10岁的时候 写了一篇和巴黎有关的故事
…when I was 10, I wrote this story on Paris…
可是我甚至从没去过那儿
…and I’d never been there.
你不是非得……这只是个花招
You don’t have to– It’s just a trick.
– 你不必认识或者 – 你可以随便就编个出来?
– You don’t have to know or – Can you just turn it out?
有一些非常非常好的教授 他们因为勾引
There are a number of very good professors who are notorious…
他们的女学生而声名狼藉 这样的事一直不断
…for seducing their female pupils. This goes on…
因为这太易如反掌了
…because it’s a cinch.
你知道 她们仰慕他们
You know, they look up to them.
你知道 他们都一把年纪
You know, they’re older men…
学生会因为受到了关注而沾沾自喜
…and students are flattered by the attention.
我从来没做过这样的事情 倒不是说我没有在课堂上做过白日梦
It’s not something I’ve ever done. Not to say I haven’t had daydreams.
她们中的一些确实 很有魅力也很有意思
Some of those women are very attractive and interesting.
可我从来没有
But I’ve never–
我从来没有付诸过行动
I’ve never acted on it.
你知道 我从没欺骗过朱迪
I’ve never cheated on Judy.
或我一生中任何其他的关系 真的
Or any other relationship in my life, really.
因为那不是我的风格
Because that has not been my style.
但曾有一次
But, once–
有一次 很多年以前了
One time, many years ago…
那时我和这位奇妙的 有意思的女人住在一起
…I was living with this fabulous, interesting woman…
她名叫哈丽特·哈门
…named Harriet Harmon.
我不好意思这样说 但哈丽特·哈门仍然是
I’m ashamed to say this, but Harriet Harmon…
是我曾经最爱的人
…was the great love of my life.
那是一种充满着激♥情♥的关系 我曾强烈地爱着她
It was a very passionate relationship. I loved her very intensely.
我们会在各种地方做♥爱♥
And, you know, we just made love everywhere.
她对性简直贪得无厌
She was sexually carnivorous.
我们在卡住了的电梯里做

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!