– 我一直把它藏在我的上衣里 – 很漂亮
– I’ve been hiding it in my jacket. – Very nice.
太可爱了!
That’s lovely!
太美了!
That is so pretty.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
– 为什么这会引起误解? – 因为这看起来有点搞笑
– Why would it be misconstrued? – It would just look funny.
因为你有男朋友
Because you have a boyfriend.
人们会不理解的
People wouldn’t understand.
这看上去一点都不搞笑 它很漂亮
It wouldn’t look funny at all. It’s beautiful.
– 你真的知道我想要什么吗? – 什么?
– You know what I’d really like? – What?
一个美好的生日之吻
A nice birthday kiss.
– 你想要一个生日之吻? – 是的
– You want a birthday kiss? – Yeah.
生日快乐!
Happy birthday.
– 这就完了? – 我真的醉了 因为这可不好玩
– That’s all? – I’m drunk. This is not funny.
你什么意思?这就是生日之吻
What do you mean? That was a birthday kiss.
你想要我怎么做?我把舌头伸进你的喉咙?
You want me to stick my tongue down your throat?
得了吧 你知道我什么意思
Come on, you know what I mean.
你男朋友就在隔壁房♥间
You got a boyfriend in the other room.
我知道那不是认真的 我们不是认真的
I know. It’s not serious. It isn’t serious.
这太疯狂了 我甚至不应该有这样的谈话
Listen, I can’t even have this conversation.
倒不是说我没设想过这个
Not that I haven’t thought about it.
我想过 这有点太疯狂了 我
I have, but it’s just too crazy. I–
这太令人失望了
It’s so disappointing.
为什么失望?你已经有男朋友了
It isn’t disappointing. You got a boyfriend.
我不可能有比这更加浪漫的时刻了
You couldn’t ask for a more romantic moment.
我是说 这是我的21岁生日
I mean, it’s my 21 st birthday, and…
我们正处在暴风雨当中 外面电闪雷鸣
…we’re in a storm, the lights are out and there’s…
– 风雨交加 正横扫过纽约的天际 – 别这样对我!
– the rain sweeping the skyline. – Why do I hear…
现在报♥警♥接受价值5万美元的
…$50,000 worth of psychotherapy…
– 心理治疗吗? – 真奇妙 对不起
– …dialing 911 now? – It’s magical. I’m sorry.
对不起 我也有点喝得太多了
I’m sorry. I’ve had a little too much to drink too.
– 我也是 我喝了 – 我只是
– Me too. I had… – I’m just…
你想要亲吻?你想要一个真正的亲吻?
You want to kiss? I mean, you want a real kiss?
你想要一个实实在在的 专业的亲吻 是吗?
You want an actual, professional kiss?
– 是的 – 嘴对嘴
– Yes. – Both lips, upper and lower.
– 一起来? – 是的 我真的想过
– At once? – I’ve thought about it.
– 我可以告诉你 – 过来
– I gotta tell you. – Come here.
我能想到的只是 我希望闪电不会击穿阁楼
I was just hoping that lightning can’t come into a penthouse…
因为我以前从没在阁楼呆过 外面电闪雷鸣
…because it was tumultuous outside. It was crashing all around and…
当时的情景 使人不由自主地 我是说
…the scene had to be played. I mean, I was…
她非常可爱 我想亲吻她 外面大雨滂沱
…I wanted to kiss her, it was pouring…
我在想 闪电随时都有可能击穿玻璃
…but I figured, any second the lightning…
打到房♥间里来 那样的话
…would come right into the apartment and…
我就会死掉
…and that I would die.
我不想一起过星期天 因为我需要独处的时间
I don’t want to spend Sunday together, because I need time alone!

– 那就一个人好了!我又不会逼迫你 – 是的 你会逼迫我
– Be alone! I’m not pushing you. – Yes. Yes, you are, in that…
以你特有的那种平静而坚定的方式 用你的话说就是“支持”
…quiet, steady way of yours. “Supportive,” is your word.
“理解”求你别再如此深刻地理解我了!
“Understanding.” Stop being so understanding.
我仍然经常想起莎利
I still have feelings for Sally.
我想我从来没有 对你产生过那样的感情
Feelings I don’t think I could ever have for you.
天哪!你要去哪?见鬼
Oh, God! Where are you–? Oh, for–
– 我很抱歉! – 我永远也不想再见到你!
– I’m sorry. – I never want to see you again!
– 我需要你! – 很好 你让我知道了你真实的感受
– I need you. – It’s good to know how you feel.
我很高兴你让我知道
I’m glad to know.
– 你太以自我为中心了! – 我知道
– You are so self-centered! – I know.
那些话不是我真正的意思
I didn’t mean those things.
– 那你为什么对我说? – 我很困惑
– Why did you say them? – I’m confused.
– 天哪 我绝不会再伤害你了 – 放屁!
– I never want to hurt you. – Bullshit!
没有放屁 我配不上你 我很抱歉 求你了!
It’s not bullshit. I don’t deserve you. I’m sorry. Please!
– 你把所有窗户都关好了吗? – 我正在想
– Did you shut the windows? – I was thinking…
我们修补好了窝棚上 那个漏雨的小洞 真是件好事情
…it’s a good thing we fixed that leak in the den.
经过了这么多年 我依然害怕打雷 和任何大的动静
Even now I’m still scared of thunder. Any loud noise.
我们绝对是疯子 要是这种天气 还去剧院把那两张戏票花掉
We would have been nuts to use those theatre tickets.
我们路上会一直打滑的
We’d have been swerving all over.
– 妈的 我情愿留在家里 – 我也是
– I’m glad we stayed home. – Me too.
要是我们分开了 这样雷雨交加的夜晚一定会把我吓坏的
When we were apart, this storm would have terrified me.
一个人睡觉太让我害怕了
I was scared enough sleeping alone.
有时候 即使你和某个人在一起 你还是会觉得孤独
Sometimes you can be alone when you’re with someone.
你认为我们是否应该把昨晚多的票送给加贝或朱迪?
Should we have given those other tickets to Gabe or Judy?
– 我们本来就是给他们买♥♥的 – 是啊 我知道
– We did buy them for them. – Yeah, I know, but…
但是现在情况完全不同了
…the situation’s completely different now.
一年半以后 又发生了许多事情
A year and a half later, much had occurred.
朱迪离婚了 并嫁给了迈克尔
Judy was married to Michael.
– 所以 你们很幸福? – 你来说
– So, you happy? – Go ahead.
是的 我想一切都进展得相当顺利
Yes, I think things have gone pretty smoothly.
– 迈克尔容忍♥了我的许多怪癖和缺点 – 不 是她容忍♥了我的
– He puts up with my idiosyncrasies. – No, she puts up with mine.
我告诉过你 她就是被动进攻型的 她总能得到她想要的
She’s passive-aggressive. Somehow, she gets what she wants.
她要过我 她要过加贝
She wanted me, she wanted Gabe…
她要过杂♥志♥社的工作 在两次婚姻之后
…she wanted the job at the magazine, out of her marriages…
现在她要的是迈克尔
…she wants Michael….
我不同意
I disagree.
当莎利回到她丈夫身边 我就开始追求朱迪
When Sally went back to Jack, I went after Judy.
一开始并不这样 可一旦我作出了决定 我就不放手了
Not at first, but when I decided, I went after her.
天哪 我希望我没有逼他 我希望我们能成 真的
Gee, I hope I didn’t push. I wanted it to work, it’s true.
我们过得还好 真的 我们学会了
We’re doing fine. Really. We’ve learned to…
更加容忍♥彼此之间的问题 你认为呢?
…tolerate our problems more. Don’t you think?
总之 我学到的是 爱
I’ve learned, anyway, that love is…
不一定非得与激♥情♥和浪漫相联♥系♥
…not about passion and romance necessarily.
爱同样也包含了陪伴
It’s also about companionship and…
它就像一个抵御孤独的缓冲器
…it’s like a buffer against loneliness, I think.
那东西真的相当重要 与一个人相伴到老
That stuff is important. Somebody to grow old with.
不切实际的期望 消灭了大多数的婚姻
What kills most people is unreal expectations.
那那些不太好开口说的事情 怎么样了呢?
What about things that can’t be talked about?
举个例子 比方说性方面的问题
Like sexual problems, for instance.
– 没有解决 – 没有解决?
– Unresolved. – Unresolved?
总有些事情 你是没办法解决的
Well, there’s some things you can’t solve and then…
你也只好将就着了
…you have to live with it.
你构建起某种补救的东西
You construct some kind of patchwork thing.
– 可有时候它们还是会爆发出来 – 是的 当发生那样的事时
– But sometimes they flare up. – They do, and when it happens…
当发生那样的事时 那就有点艰难了
…it gets tough when that happens.
你要学会怎么处理这些问题 然后把它们扫到地毯下面
You learn to deal with it and then push it under the rug.
那很管用 就是这样 所以这就行了
And it works. That’s the weird thing. It’s not bad.
你不能硬逼着你自己 去遵从某种抽象的
You can’t force yourself to conform to some abstract…
爱的幻想
…vision of love, or…
不同的婚姻 情况也不一样
…you know, marriage. Every situation’s different.
只要管用就行
Whatever works is the deal.
我们有我们的方法
Ours is just one way.
真有意思 去年的那个晚上 我们在加贝和朱迪家
It’s funny. Last year when we were at Gabe and Judy’s…
那么轻率地就宣布了我们打算分手
…and we announced so flippantly we were splitting…
– 我那时其实没什么信心 – 我当然也没有
– I wasn’t that confident. – I wasn’t either.
我记得我当时特别羡慕他们
I remember thinking they were so lucky.
他们的婚姻太美满了
They had such a great marriage.
讽刺的是 我们又在一起了 而他们却分开了
It’s ironic that we’re together and they aren’t.
– 是啊 – 真奇怪
– Yeah. – Weird.
在莱恩21岁的生日晚会上
I had a romantic moment…
我和她一起经历了一个非常浪漫的时刻
…with Rain at her 21st birthday party…
我可以感觉到那种久违的诱惑 在我体内复苏了
…and I could feel the old pull coming back.
那种久违的吸引又回来了 从前的一些感觉
The old attraction coming back. Feelings I’d had…
这对我来说非常生动
…from my past. It was very vivid to me.
你知道 刚才那是个
That was a– That was a…
伟大的时刻 但是我真的不认为我们应该
…a great moment. I don’t really think we should…
由着性子下去
…follow up on it.
你什么意思?
What do you–? What do you mean?
我只是 如果情况有所不同
Well, you know, I just…If things were different–
如果我再年轻点或者你再年长点
If I was younger, or if you were older…
或任何事情有所不同 我只是不知怎的
…or anything different, but somehow…
我能感觉事情的结果会是怎样
…I just feel I know how this is gonna come out.
你确定?
You sure?
我确定 我真的确定
I am. You know, I really am.
我知道这会怎么结束
I knew how it would end.
我离开她家 来到瓢泼大雨里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!