– 不是想冒犯你 加贝 – 不会
– Not to offend you, Gabe. – I’m not.
我喜欢有人对朱迪抱有好感
I love it when someone likes Judy.
加贝总是需要靠别的什么来证实他的感情 特别是与我有关的
Gabe needs confirmation of his feelings when it comes to me.
你这样说真是太糟糕了
That’s a terrible thing to say.
如果我是你 我一定会多长个心眼的 加贝
I’d watch it if I were you, Gabe.
他在谈到朱迪时 语气总是显得很深沉
He always talks about Judy in hushed tones.
我认为是你写的那些诗 给他留下了深刻的印象
I think those poems you wrote impressed him.
为他俩的美满婚姻祝福
Here’s to a good marriage.
– 两个人最终能指望的也就是这个了 – 说得好
– The best two people can hope for. – Absolutely.
– 我不知道你还在玩一点诗歌♥ – 我以为你不会感兴趣
– I didn’t know about the poetry. – I didn’t think you’d care.
– 唔 为什么不会? – 因为
– Well, why not? – Because.
给你看我写的东西 我会很尴尬
I’d be embarrassed to show you my stuff.
– 为什么? – 因为你总是很刻薄
– Why? – You’re so hard on everything.
你在说什么啊?
What are you talking about?
– 你特别特别喜欢品头论足的 – 我只是喜欢诗歌♥
– You’re very, very judgmental. – I like poetry.
我对莎士比亚、拜伦、和 T.S.艾略特都很着迷
I’m crazy about Shakespeare and Byron and T.S. Eliot.
可我的东西 还没好到那个地步
Well, my stuff isn’t quite that good yet.
– 可我会给你作一个客观的评价 – 我不想要什么客观的评价
– I’d give an objective evaluation. – I don’t want an objec-tion.
我只希望能有多一点的支持 多一点的宽容
I’d like something a little more supportive and generous.
– 你从你办公室的那个角色那里得到了? – 他不是一个角色
– From that character in your office? – He’s not a character.
– 你是爱上他了吗? – 没有!为什么?就因为我给他看了我写的诗?
– Are you in love with him? – No! Why, because I show him my poems?
– 我今天见到里奇医生了 – 在哪儿?
– I saw Dr. Ritchie today. – Oh, where?
我重新去作心理治疗了
I went back into psychotherapy.
你根本不需要心理治疗 特别是由她给你治疗!
You don’t need psychotherapy, and certainly not with her!
你只是觉得受到了她的威胁
Why? Because she’s postmodern?
她居然写论文声称 萨宾族的女人故意让罗马人将她们掳走
Anyone who thinks the Sabine women had it coming to them–
不是这么回事
That’s not it.
– 我没有调情! – 别跟我说你没有调情
– I don’t flirt. – Don’t tell me that.
因为我正好看到你了
I’ve seen you do it.
你换上了完全是另一个人的个性
You put on a different personality.
– 噢 你疯了! – 你装作想要那些你根本受不了的东西
– You’re crazy. – You pretend to want things you don’t.
– 比如? – 比如说搬到欧洲去住
– Like? – Going to Europe.
那只是你的调情手段而已 你离开曼哈顿岛之后活不过48小时
That’s flirting. You couldn’t survive off the island of Manhattan.
在我们结婚时 是你没有如实展现你自己
You misrepresented yourself to me.
你这话是什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
就像你已经有了个孩子 说那已经足够了
Like you had one child then decided that was it.
– 我已经不是以前的我了 – 这就是我们的关系出问题的原因
– I’m not the same person I was. – That’s why relationships go sour.
– 是啊 你讨厌变化 – 变化就等于死亡
– You hate change. – Change equals death.
这算什么鬼话啊!你真会扯淡!
Bullshit. That’s bullshit!
也许你的学生认为它很有洞察力 但实际它毫无意义
Maybe your students think it’s insightful, but it means nothing.
生命就是由变化构成的
Life is made of change.
要是你没有变化 你就不会成长 你只会枯萎
If you don’t change, you just shrivel up.
我不想做♥爱♥ 你总是在最奇怪的时机想到性
I don’t want to. You get sexual at the oddest times.
你利用性来表达任何其他的感情除了爱
You use sex to express every emotion but love.
你被我吸引
You were attracted to me…
这是为什么 我让你想起了哈丽特
…because in some way, I reminded you of Harriet.
可是后来我让你失望了 因为我太普通了
But I disappointed you because I was too normal.
我被你吸引是因为你很稳定 你不疯狂
I liked you because you were decent and not crazy.
– 是啊 可你觉得那太无趣了 – 不!
– And you found that too boring. – No…
因为到头来 你和哈丽特一样疯狂 尽管你是以你那平静的方式
…as it turns out you were as crazy as her.
– 你瞧 我确实让你想起了哈丽特 – 不
– So I did remind you of Harriet. – No…
我的第六感告诉我 你也很不稳定
…I had a feeling you were unstable.
可从表面上看 你好像很稳定
On the surface you were…
但现在我们有问题了 你变得不稳定
…but now that we’re having problems, you’re not.
这对我来说都很清楚
This is all very clear to me.
有天晚上我们俩都睡不着 还记得吗?
we both couldn’t sleep one night, remember…
我们看到电视正在放《野草莓》
…and we found Wild Strawberries on cable…
我们整晚没睡 就在那里看 还记得吗?那时真的很棒
…we stayed up all night watching it? That was great.
还有次我们要赴我同事的晚餐会 我们走在第五大道上
We were going to the faculty dinner and we were on Fifth Avenue…
那是个冰冷漆黑的夜晚 我们在城里走着
…on an icy black night. We were walking downtown.
突然间 我们决定不去赴宴了
Suddenly we decided not to go to the dinner…
多么美丽的夜晚啊 我们走进了中♥央♥公园 地上满是积雪
…it was such a beautiful night. We walked into Central Park.
你可以看到满天的星星 你穿那件黑裙子真漂亮
You could see every star. You were so beautiful in that black dress.
– 别这样 – 为什么?
– Don’t do that. – Why not?
因为已经结束了 我们俩都清楚
Because it’s over and we both know it.
是吗?
Do we?
所有那些东西 它们只是记忆而已
All that stuff–Those memories, they’re just memories.
那都是多年以前的事了
They’re from years gone by.
它们只是一些片段
They’re isolated moments…
它们并不代表一切
…they don’t tell the whole story.
几天之后 加贝从公♥寓♥搬到了一家旅馆
Several days later, Gabe moved into a hotel.
我没有完全向加贝说实话
I wasn’t being totally honest with Gabe.
因为我不想伤害他 但我确实知道我想要什么
Because I didn’t want to hurt him. But I knew what I wanted.
我爱上了迈克尔 我只是想获得去追求的自♥由♥
I was in love with Michael. I wanted to be free to…
而不是撒谎或鬼鬼祟祟什么的
…pursue that and not have to lie or sneak around or anything.
我怎么可能对朱迪百分之百地诚实呢?
How could I be 100% honest with Judy?
我觉得我爱她 我不想伤害她
I loved her and I didn’t want to hurt her.
所以我该说什么呢?
What am I gonna say?
说我自己已经感觉 被一个20岁的女孩子迷上了?
That I’m becoming infatuated with a 20-year-old?
说我这么多年下来什么教训都没学到?
That I see myself sleepwalking into a mess?
那你为什么不就此打住呢?
Then why didn’t you stop yourself?
在我的婚姻中 我渴望有些东西 但是我没有得到 莱恩
There was something in my marriage that I was not getting. Rain–
– 她身上有某些令我激动的东西 – 莱恩有男朋友
– There was excitement there. – Rain had a boyfriend.
我知道 这一切都不对劲
I know. Everything about it was wrong.
这并不会阻止我
That did not deter me.
要是有什么事像以往一样 也许会很有意思
If anything, as usual, there was something interesting.
那么到底是怎么回事呢?你有自我毁灭的倾向?
So, what is it? You have a self-destructive streak?
我不知道 我的内心
I don’t know. My heart…
不会按逻辑行事
…does not know from logic.
喂?
Hello?
迈克尔 求你了
Oh, Michael, please.
我不可能一直谈论这个
I can’t keep discussing this.
这是我觉得我必须作出的决定 不 是我想作的
It was a decision I needed to make–No. Wanted to make.
很抱歉 我不想再纠缠这件事了
I said I’m sorry. I can’t keep discussing this.
不 我不想去喝一杯 我得挂了
No. I don’t want to have a drink. I have to go.
是你自己给自己找难受!我得挂了
Well, you make it hard! I have to go.
一两个星期过去了 朱迪帮着迈克尔克服失去莎利的痛苦
Later, Judy helped Michael get over the loss of Sally.
来了!
Here we go.
– 噢 天哪 朱迪! – 不错吧?
– Heavens, Judy. – Pretty good, huh?
那是我的 你的在哪儿?
That’s mine, where’s yours?
我很高兴那不是真的
I am so happy that’s not true.
谢谢
Thanks.
好了 我给你倒了酒 干杯!
Right, shall I be mum? Cheers.
– 今天你真是盛情款待 – 你别客气
– It’s a real treat. – You’re welcome.
– 你妻子在哪?她来了吗? – 我们已经不在一起了
– Where’s your wife? – We’re not together anymore.
你们这些作家啊!
Oh, you writers.
生日快乐!
Happy birthday!
你见过那女的杰西卡吗?
Did you meet that woman Jessica?
没见过 不过我碰到了安吉拉
No, I met Angela, though.
– 你们看到那个了吗? – 什么?
– Did you see that? – What?
太不可思议了 现在这个季节
It’s incredible, this time of year.
我喜欢暴风雨
Oh, I love storms.
电视上说我们会被卡罗来纳飓风的尾巴扫到
They said we were supposed to get some of that hurricane.
– 现在雨下得越来越大了 – 太合适了 我就是在飓风中出生的
– It’s really coming down heavy. – How fitting. I was born in a storm.
这太危险了
It’s dangerous.
她看上去很棒
She looks great.
她21岁了!这绝对令人难以置信
She’s 21! It’s absolutely incredible.
– 我们的小莱纳 嗯? – 我都快要55了
– Our littler Rainer. – I’m gonna be 55.
到六月份 就是我们结婚25周年纪念
It’s our 25th wedding anniversary in June.
别担心 这里有烛光给你们
Don’t worry. We got some light in here for you.
我记得我买♥♥过的
I know I paid that bill.
把这些蜡烛拿到外面去
Take some of these candles out there.
我不敢相信 我记得我有个便携灯
I can’t believe this. I know I had a flashlight.
我的生日真是太倒霉了 现在一片漆黑
Oh, this is just my luck on my own birthday. It goes black.
在烛光下 你看上去真漂亮
You look very pretty in candlelight.
你看见那闪电没有?
Oh, did you see the lightning flashes?
我估计天气会更糟 我不知道大家到时候怎么回家
It’s supposed to get worse. How’s everybody gonna get home now?
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
我不想在另一个房♥间给你 因为
I didn’t want to give it to you in the other room because…
这可能会引起误解 所以
…it could be misconstrued, so…