还是相互熟悉了以后 会导致伴侣们渴望有其他的情人?
…or did familiarity make partners want other lovers?
我们被灌输的浪漫观念会不会只是一个神话而已?
Was the notion of ever-deepening romance a myth…
还有什么同步的高♥潮♥?
…along with simultaneous orgasm?
里夫金和他妻子唯一一次体验到同步的高♥潮♥
The only time Rifkin and his wife experienced one…
是在法官递给他们离婚判决的时候
…was when they were granted their divorce.
不管怎么说 最终还是不要对生活抱有过多的指望为好
Maybe in the end, the idea was not to expect too much out of life.
这书写得太奇妙了
So the book was wonderful.
它十分有趣 富有想象力 而且动人
Entertaining, imaginative and moving….
你不用说这样的话 你可以严苛一点 老实说
You don’t have to say this. You can be critical. Be honest.
你把那些痛苦写得很有趣
You make suffering so funny.
我是说那些卑微而迷茫的 灵魂 东奔西突
The lost souls running around.
真有意思 因为我对这本书 不知道该怎么办才好 真的很难说
That’s funny. I’ve had so much trouble with the book.
– 你让其他人读过这书吗? – 严格说没有
– Has anybody else read it? – Not exactly, you know.
我很高兴你有这样的感觉 我感到大受鼓舞
I’m so thrilled you feel this way. I can’t tell you how encouraged I am.
你对它的感觉让我很高兴
Your feelings about it are really…
不过你对我写的东西情有独钟 所以我不应该太激动了
But you are a sucker for my work. I shouldn’t get too excited.
我很客观的 我是说 我的确很喜欢你写作的方式
I’m objective and, yes, I do love the way you write.
– 我有些意见 可总体来说 – 我肯定你可以提很多意见
– I had some criticisms – I’m sure you did.
那是什么意见呢?
What were they?
没什么特别重要的 总的来说读起来相当愉快
Nothing serious. The whole thing was just a delight.
真的吗?你知道 我和这本书简直可以说是一种爱恨交加的关系
Really? I’ve had such a love-hate relationship with this book.
– 噢我的天!这不可能啊 – 怎么回事?
– Oh my God, this can’t be – What?
我想我把你的东西落在车里了
I think I left it in the cab.
你开玩笑!落在出租车里了?你确定吗?
You’re kidding! In a taxicab? Are you sure?
我不敢相信 我对你做了什么!不过 司机是个印度人
I can’t believe I did this to you! Okay, he was Indian.
你把它忘在印度人的出租车里了?
You left it in an Indian’s cab?
不 他是亚美尼亚人
No. He was Armenian.
那是唯一的一份
That was the only copy.
– 我知道 – 你一定是开玩笑
– I know. – You must be joking.
– 哈高皮杨? – 哈高皮杨先生 哈高皮杨大♥师♥ 还是什么?
– Hargopian? – Mr. Hargopian, Swami Hargopian, what?
“小心有狗”
我完全崩溃了 我想死的心都有了
I was totally crushed. I wanted to die.
这是发生过的最糟的事情
This was the worst thing that happened.
– 但你还是为了她而强作镇静 – 因为那可怜的女孩失魂落魄
– You put up a false front. – The poor girl was wrecked.
我想让她摆脱窘境
I was trying to bail her out.
所以不管怎么说 这本书都对你十分重要
So this book was very meaningful to you despite what you said.
– 我想是的 – 那位年轻的女士 莱恩怎么看?
– I guess so. – And the young woman, Rain?
她的认可对我来说意义重大
Her approbation was very significant to me.
为什么她的褒奖让你那么高兴?
Why was her encouragement so pleasing?
你妻子也非常喜欢它 而你却对她的意见置若罔闻
Your own wife liked it very much and you gave her a hard time.
我不知道 也许我感觉到莱恩对我的某种友善 对我来说
I don’t know. There was some kind of rapport I felt here that was…
意味着什么
…meaningful.
有人找到你那信封了
Somebody found your envelope.
他们现在在家里等你们
They’re waiting at the house now.
这太弗洛伊德了
It’s– It’s so Freudian.
那是谁?
What is?
整个事情 把小说忘在了车里等等的
The whole thing, leaving the novel in the cab.
别傻了 人人都会碰到这种事的
Don’t be silly. It could happen to anybody.
不 我想也许这意味着什么
No, I think maybe it meant something.
– 比如说什么? – 嗯
– Like what? – Well…
…我不知道 也许 我可能感觉受到了威胁
…I don’t know. Maybe I could have been threatened.
– 受到了我的书的威胁? – 是的
– Threatened by my book? – Yeah.
– 我是说我的天性非常好强 – 这太荒谬了
– I’m very competitive by nature. – That’s absurd.
为什么?因为我年轻 又是个女的?
Why, because I’m a young female?
你别生气啊 我站在你这边
Don’t get angry. I’m in your corner.
– 我是你最忠实的拥趸 – 是啊
– I’m your biggest fan. – Yeah.
我在想也许我可能觉得受到书中写的某些事物的威胁
I just think I could have been threatened by certain things.
比如说什么?
Like what?
某些对待女性的态度 还有你对生活的看法
Some of the attitudes towards women and your ideas on life.
– 可你对我说你喜欢这书 – 是的 我是很喜欢
– You told me you loved the book. – I do. I do love it.
– 那你的意见是什么? – 没有
– What were your criticisms? – Nothing.
告诉我你的意见
Tell me your criticisms.
我想我是对你的某些态度有点失望
I was a little disappointed with some of your attitudes.
比如说什么?什么态度?态度怎么了?
Like what? What attitudes? With what?
你描写的那种人们很随意地就可以有婚外情的方式
The way people just casually have affairs like that.
这本书没有为婚外情开脱 我只是为了喜剧效果而稍事夸张
The book doesn’t condone affairs. I’m exaggerating for comedy.
难道真的我们只能在持续的不满和城郊的烦闷中作出选择吗?
Are our choices really between chronic dissatisfaction and suburban drudgery?
我是适度的夸张化 因为我是试图表明
I’m deliberately distorting it. I’m trying to show…
婚姻不是那么简单的事情
…how hard it is to be married.
可你应该谨慎一些 别像那样 把什么事情都弄成了微不足道
You have to be careful not to trivialize things like that.
天哪 我希望我没有
Jesus, I hope I haven’t.
还有你的主人公对女性的看法
The lead character’s views on women…
很落后 很浅薄
…is so retrograde, so shallow.
什么?你跟我说这是本伟大的书
What? You told me it was a great book.
我没说过它很伟大
I never said great, I said it’s…
很有才华 很鲜活
…brilliant and it’s alive.
我们不是在争论它是否有才华
We’re not arguing about whether it’s brilliant or not.
《意志的胜利》是部了不起的电影 但你鄙视它的意识形态
Triumph of the Will was a great movie, but you despise its ideology.
所以你是鄙视我的思想?
So you despise my ideas?
不 我没有鄙视 这个例子不太恰当
No, I don’t despise them. That example was–
作为一个思考者 难道在你的潜意识里
Isn’t it beneath you as a thinker…
没有想让你的主人公浪费那么多感情上的能量
…to allow your lead character to waste so much energy…
沉湎于与一个女人的那种疯狂的关系吗?
…obsessing over a psychotic woman…
尽管你把她幻想成既有超强的性能力 又极富灵感
…that you fantasize as powerfully sexual and inspired…
但她实际上却是令人怜悯地病态
…when she was pitifully sick.
我可不需要一个20岁的傻冒给我上写作课
I don’t need a lecture on writing from a 20-year-old twit.
是你问我能不能读一下我的书 你告诉我你很喜欢
You asked to read my book, you said you loved it–
– 我是很喜欢 – 然后你把它忘在了出租车里
– And I do. – You leave it in a taxicab.
你在那儿哭 我在那儿安慰你 可突然之间你却冲我开起了火
You’re weeping, I’m consoling you and you turn on me.
好吧 是啊 我一定触痛你的神经了
Okay. Well, I must have hit a nerve.
噢 是啊
Well, yeah. You know….
我决不想成为你的男朋友 他一定觉得像是在炼狱
I’d hate to be your boyfriend. He must go through hell.
是我自作自受
Well, I’m worth it.
– 你们找到我们家没太大困难吧? – 没有 很容易找
– Any trouble finding the house? – No, it was very easy.
请进 这边走
Please. Step this way.
很高兴你们找到了这里
I’m so glad you found the house.
– 你真是太好了! – 没事
– This was so nice. – It’s fine.
我打开车门上车 那里有个信封
I jumped in the cab and wound up sitting on it.
你真是太好了 让我给你些
That’s so nice of you. Let me give you some–
– 不 这没事的 – 真的 我无法
– No, it’s okay. – Really, I can’t–
– 我想请你们俩留下喝杯咖啡 – 不 你真是
– I want you to stay for coffee. – No, you’re–
– 我不想被拒绝 – 她不想
– I won’t take no for – She won’t.
– 那我们就喝点咖啡吧 – 很好
– We’ll have coffee. – Okay, good.
– 我很抱歉 – 是我该抱歉 这是我的错
– I’m sorry – I’m sorry, it was my fault.
这完全是我的错
It was totally
罗斯先生 要是你不介意我说的 你自己也有个非常漂亮的女儿
If you don’t mind my saying, you have a beautiful daughter.
是的 我承认 她知道我们在出租车里的争论
I admit it, her argument in the cab…

我觉得很有意思 那让我觉得她很有意思
…I found attractive. It attracted me to her.
她不只是那种被动型的 对你崇拜的学生之类的
That she was not a passive, worshipful pupil.
那让我心里面感觉到了一些东西
Something in me sensed…
并不是说我就想要怎么样 当然我也没怎么样
…not that I’d do anything about it…
我确实因此有了某些白日梦
…I had, you know, certain daydreams about it.
不到两个星期之后 杰克和莎利重归于好
A week later, Jack and Sally reunited.
为了庆祝 他们与加贝和朱迪共进了晚餐
This was celebrated over dinner.
你不可能就这样把多年的亲密关系一笔勾销
You can’t just wipe out years of closeness.
你以为你能做到 你没有看到根基 但它们就在那儿
You think you can. But the roots are there.
我认为有的人天生就做不成单身汉
I think some people are just not meant to be single.
人人都会搞砸 没人是十全十美的
Everybody screws up. The question is…
就看你有没有从中汲取教训?
…do you learn from it?
我认为对两人关系的真正考验在于你如何经受住危机
I think the true test is how you weather a crisis.
当事事顺利的时候 人人看上去都很不错
Everyone looks great when everything’s going smoothly.
这太好了 要是你们能那么成熟 真是太好了
It’s great. If you can be that mature, it’s great.
不是这么说的 我认为你最终会开始
It’s not that. You just start…
考虑哪些事情是最重要的
…thinking about priorities.
你能讨论多长时间体形健身和星宿十二宫呢?
How long can you discuss physical fitness and the zodiac?
你和那个叫迈克尔的 也没什么结果 得了吧
And this Michael character was no bargain.
– 迈克尔怎么样了? – 我不知道 他病了
– How was Michael? – I don’t know, he was sick.
我给他打过电♥话♥ 他听上去很糟糕
I gave him a call and he did sound very terrible.
你很关心他 我想我真的对他来了个釜底抽薪
I guess I really pulled the rug out from under him.
尽管 他真正的兴趣是朱迪
Although his real crush is on Judy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!