And the stakes are much higher this time. I know that.
这次赌注更大了 我知道
And if you’re not even willing to negotiate, you’re looking for them to capitulate.
既然你连谈判都不愿意 那你是在指望他们妥协
Is that it? Right.
是吗? 是的
So failure means many dead men, families torn apart,
所以失败意味着无数个死亡 家破人亡
and the whole Republican movement demoralised.
整个共和军的运动受到重挫
Aye. Worst case scenario it might well mean all that…
是的 最糟糕的情况就是那样
but in short term, under the ashes… Come on !
但简而言之 在我们作古之后… 得了
guaranteed, there will be a new generation of men and women,
一定会有新一代的男人和女人
even more resilient. More determined. Look who you’re talking to.
更有活力 更坚定 看看你在和谁说话
There’s a war going on. I thought you might understand.
战争就要开始了 我以为你明白的
You’re talking like a foreigner.
你说得自己像是个外国人
You’re talking to me like I’m a foreigner.
是你在像对个外国人一样对我说话
Do you think I don’t know Northern Ireland?
你以为我不知道北爱尔兰吗?
I live here, man. Then support us.
我住在这儿 老兄 那就支持我们
I supported the first hunger strike on the basis it was a protest.
我支持第一次绝食抗♥议♥ 因为那时我把它看成是一场抗♥议♥
Not some pre-design to die and balk at negotiation
而不是一次计划好的送死 不敢去谈判
other than complete surrender from Thatcher.
只是指望撒切尔彻底放弃
That’s ridiculous Bobby. It’s destructive.
这太荒唐了鲍比 毫无意义
What’s happened in here for the last four years?
最近这四年 这里发生了什么事?
Brutality, humiliation. Our basic human rights taken away from us.
暴行 耻辱 我们的人♥权♥被剥夺
All this must come to an end. Through talking.
这些该结束了 通过谈判
So what?
然后呢?
We take their offer and put their uniform on?
我们接受他们的施舍 穿上他们的囚服
because the last four years are meant nothing?
因为这过去的四年屁都不是?
We can do that, Don, or we can behave like the army
我们可以那么做 阁下 或者我们可以像军人一样
we proclaim to be and lay down our lives for our comrades.
我们早已表态过 把自己的生命交给自己的同志
Is there not even small part in you that’s open for a breakthrough…
难道你身上就没有一点点可能的突破点
that could find you negotiating again? That won’t happen.
能让你重新去谈判? 那不会发生
Forget about that. I want to know whether your intent,
算了吧 我想知道你的目的
is just purely to commit suicide here.
是不是纯粹地想在这里自杀?
You want me to argue…
你想让我和你讨论…
about the morality of what I’m about to do and whether it’s really suicide or not?
我将要做的事情是否道德 以及这是不是真的一场自杀?
For one in your corner it’s suicide. I call it murder.
从你的角度看 这是自杀 而我称之为谋杀
And that’s just another wee difference between us two.
这又是我们之间的一个小小分歧
We are both Catholic men. Both Republicans.
我们都是天主教♥徒♥ 都是共和党
But while you were poaching salmon in lovely Kilrea,
但当你在美丽的克里兰钓鲑鱼时
we were being burnt out of our houses in Rathcoole. Right.
我们在瑞斯科的房♥子被烧了 是的
Similar in many ways, Don, but life and experience are focused up differently.
我们有很多相似的地发 阁下 但是生活和经历却大不相同
Do you understand me? I understand.
你明白我说的吗? 明白
I have my belief and in all its simplicity, that is the most powerful thing.
我有我的信仰 再简单不过 有着最最强大的力量
So what’s your statement by dying?
那你通过死亡想表达什么?
Just highlighting British intransigence, so fucking what?
只是为让大家更看清楚英国的不妥协 就它妈为了这个?
The whole world knows what the Brits are like. Good.
整个世界都知道英国是什么德行 很好
Aye. It is good. And it has nothing to do with you.
是的 是很好 可这和你无关
The Brits have been fucking up for centuries.
英国几百年来都是这德行
I can feel your hatred, Don. Are you looking for martyrdom?
我可以感受到你的仇恨 阁下 你在追求殉难吗?
No. Are you sure? Aye.
不是 确定吗? 是的
Because I’ve heard you eulogizing Wolf Tone,
因为我听到你赞美渥夫顿
McConnely, Mike Sweeney, all them men.
马克克鲁尼 麦克 斯威尼 所有这些人
Don’t talk thinking you’re writing your name in laurels for all them history books.
我情不自禁地想 你是想像他们一样把美名写进历史书里
Oh, and you think that matters to me? Aye, I know it does.
噢 你认为我在乎那个吗? 是的 我知道你介意
Well, you’re wrong.
好吧 你错了
You say you’re soldiers.
你说你们是军人
It’s all about the freedom.
一切为了自♥由♥
But you’ve got no appreciation of a life, Bobby.
但是你对生命没有感激之情 鲍比
You no longer know what a life is, young man.
你已经不知道何谓生命了 老兄
Four years living in these conditions, no one expects you to be normal.
在这种环境里生活四年 没人会认为你还是正常人
There is nothing normal about you.
你身上已经没有正常的地方了
Right now the Republican Movement has talked itself into a corner.
现在 共和运动把自己逼入了绝境
You and the IRA are standing right behind it looking into that corner.
你和共和军站在它背后
All that history.
看着这段历史
All them dead men and women. You’re still saying nothing.
那里都是死去的男人和女人 而你还是什么都不说
And your answer is to kill everything. You’ve blinded yourself.
你的回答是杀光一切 你已经把自己蒙蔽了
And you’re scared to stop it.
而你害怕停下来
Afraid of living, afraid to talk in peace,
害怕活着 害怕平心静气地坐下来谈
So what would Ulster be if it wasn’t turning itself to shit?
如果这不是在自我毁灭 那北爱尔兰还会怎样?
And this situation here,
现在的情形是…
the future of the Republican Movement is in the hands of you men,
共和运动的未来掌握在你们这些人手中
who have lost all sense of reality.
一群已经脱离现实的人
You think your head’s on right?
你觉得你脑袋没问题吗?
Locked up here 24 hours a day in piss and shit…
1天24小时都被关在这里 活在屎尿里
and you are making decisions that could see so many men die?
而你做了个决定 要让那么多人去送死?
Build a statue to Bobby Sands. You’re joking me !
建一座鲍比·桑兹的雕像吧 开什么玩笑!
Freedom Fighter?
自♥由♥战士?
They are the men and women working out there in the community
很多人都在社区里工作
and that was you once upon a time, am I right?
曾经你也是其中的一员 对吗?
All that work you did in Twin Brook.
你在丁布鲁克做了很多工作
That is where we need you, Bobby. And you know I’m right.
这就是我们为什么需要你 鲍比 你知道我说得没错
But I’m deluded. You want me to answer that?
但是我被骗了 你想让我回答那个吗?
They’re beating your ball, here. You’re playing into their hands.
他们是在耍你 你这么做正中他们下怀
The strategy’s in place.
那是策略
Then stop it. Just say you’ll stop.
那就阻止它 说你会阻止它
You don’t understand a thing.
你什么都不懂
You’re in no shape to make this call.
你根本没赢的可能
It’s done.
够了
It won’t be stopped. Then fuck it !
不能停下来了 那就去它的!
Life must mean nothing to you.
生命对你来说一定是一文不值
God’s gonna punish me.
上帝会惩罚我的
Well, if not just for the suicide, then he’d have to punish you for your stupidity.
就算不是因为自杀 他也会惩罚你的愚蠢
Aye.
没错
And you for your arrogance.
也会惩罚你的傲慢自大
Because my life is a real life, not some theological exercise,
因为我的生活才是”真实”的生活 不是什么神学的实践
some religious trick that’s got to fuck all to do with living.
被那些宗教的把戏当成谈资的生命
Jesus Christ had a backbone,
上帝有脊梁
but see them disciples, every disciple since?
但看看那些门徒 那些弟♥子♥?
You’re just jumping in and out of the rhetoric and dead-end semantics.
你们只是巧舌如簧 说着一个又一个悖论
You need the revolutionaries.
你们需要革命者
You need the cultural political soldier to give life a pulse…
你们需要有文化的有政♥治♥的军人 去推动生命
to give life a direction. This is stupid talk. You’re deluded.
给生命指明方向 这太愚蠢了 你被迷惑了
Aye. So you say.
是啊 随你怎么说
And what’s your wee son going to say? Fuck off.
你的儿子会怎么说? 去你♥妈♥的♥
Doesn’t that interest you?
你不敢兴趣?
You’re going to attack me with sentiment?
你想用人情打动我?
Typical priest. What’s your heart saying, Bobby?
还真够牧师的作风 你的心在说什么 鲍比?
I thought you had me all figured out, Don. What is it saying? Tell me.
我以为你都看清我了 阁下 是什么? 告诉我
My life means everything to me. Freedom means everything.
我的生命是我的一切 自♥由♥是我的一切
I know that you don’t mean to mock me, Don. So I just let all that pass.
我知道你不是想嘲笑我 阁下 所以就让那过去吧
This is one of those times when we’ve come to a pause.
这是我们该停顿的时候了
It’s a time to keep your beliefs pure.
是让你的信仰继续纯粹的时候
I believe that a united Ireland is right and just.
我相信一个统一的爱尔兰才是正义的
Maybe it’s impossible for a man like you to understand.
可能对你这样的人来说很难理解
But having respect for my life,
但是尊重我的生命
a desire for freedom, an unyielding love for that belief,
尊重我对自♥由♥的渴望 尊重我对信仰不屈的爱
means I can see past any doubts I may have.
意味着我可以看清过去的一切怀疑
Putting my life on the line is not just the only thing I can do, Don.
我能做的不只是拿生命冒险 阁下
It’s the right thing.
这是件正确的事
This is why you called me here.
你叫我来就是为了这个?
Needed a sounding board? Not 100% sure of yourself.
需要听一个赞成的声音? 对你自己不是100%肯定
Endebting yourself, maybe? Aye.
也许给自己施加点压力? 是的
Well, I’m only human. And I’ve made it clear for you, then.
我只是个凡人 我已经和你说明白了
Man of the guidance, Don. Business of the soul.
一位领路人 阁下 灵魂的工作者
You been to Gweedore, in Donegal?
你去过丹尼冈的戈尔道?
Aye.

I went there when I was 12.
我12岁的时候去过
Big cross-country race for the boys.
少年越野大赛
And we were all in the back of a minibus headed towards Derry one morning.
一天早晨我们坐上小巴士的后座 前往德瑞尔
I mean, this is big time.
对我们来说那是个重大时刻
I mean, this is like international athletics for us,
我想 对我们来说是场国际比赛
because we were racing against boys in the South
因为我们要和南面的小子们比赛
and we had this thing to do Belfast pride.
我们要为贝尔法斯特争光

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!