这周真忙
Has been a busy week.
非法侵入 偷盗 行窃
Oh, trespass, theft, pilfering,
乱丢垃圾 嘲弄别人
littering, pillorying,
闲逛 玩闹 这没有关系
walking about, playing. It’s irrelevant.
麻烦来把他带走
Please come and pick him up.
不管怎样 你好吗
Anyway, how are you?
她回来了吗
Oh, she came back?
你觉得是你的吗 非常好
Oh, you think it’s yours? Excellent.
那七个月之后你就知道了
Well, I suppose you’ll find out in seven months.
你说什么 三月吗 我会抽时间去的
Pardon me. Oh, in March? I’ll try to come.
我不想计划的太远
I… I tend not to plan that far ahead.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
我真是太荣幸了
Well, oh, that’s very flattering.
我不知道我是不是
I don’t know really whether
真的适合做他的教父
it’s appropriate for me to be the godfa…
先生 等等
Oh! Sir, hold on!
马克西米兰
Maximilian!
让开
Move!
让开 别挡路
Move aside! Get out of the way!
马克西米兰 找到他
Maximilian, find him!
你逃不了的
You can’t escape me!
那里没处可藏 孩子
There’s nowhere to hide up there, boy!
307 308 309级
…307, 308, 309…
马克西米兰 他往另一边去了 快点
Maximilian, he’s gone the other way. Come on!
你
You!
别挡路
Get out of my way!
抓住你了
Got you!
不
No! Oh!
有个小孩 停下 铁轨上有个小孩
There’s a boy! Turn it off! There’s a boy on the track!
别挡路
Get out of the way!
后退 到一边去 后退
Move back! Move aside! Move back!
你想什么呢 受伤了吗
What were you thinking? Are you injured?
快来
Come on!
站一边去 小心点
Stand aside. Careful.
让孤儿院对付你
We’ll let the orphanage deal with you.
-不 我不属于那里 -那你属于哪
– No, I don’t belong there! – Where do you belong?
孩子得有人管
A child has to belong to somewhere.
请听我说 请你听我说
Listen to me, please! Please, listen to me!
你不明白 你得放我走
You don’t understand. You have to let me go.
我不明白我爸爸为什么死了
I don’t understand why my father died.
为什么我只身一人
Why I’m alone.
这是我唯一的
This is my only chance…
工作机会
…to work.
你该明白的
You should understand!
我明白
I do!
我明白
I do.
先生
Monsieur…
这个孩子由我来管
…this child belongs to me.
对不起 他坏了
I’m sorry. He’s broken.
不 他没坏
No, he’s not.
他运转得十分正常
He worked perfectly.
尊敬的来宾 我很自豪地
Honored guests, I am proud
欢迎你们光临这一盛会
to welcome you to this gala
在此庆祝乔治·梅里耶的一生和他的作品
celebrating the life and work of Georges Melies!
多年来 人们认为他的作品已经遗失
For years, most of his films were thought to be lost.
确实 梅里耶先生也如此认为
Indeed, Monsieur Melies believed so himself.
但我们进行了一次搜寻
But we began a search.
我们查找了地下室 私人收藏
We looked through vaults, through private collections,
车♥库♥和地下墓穴
barns and catacombs.
我们的努力换回了老式底片
Our work was rewarded with old negatives,
成箱的画作和成堆的褪色胶片
boxes of prints, and trunks full of decaying film,
我们救回了一些
which we were able to save.
我们现在有超过八十部乔治·梅里耶的电影
We now have over 80 films by Georges Melies.
今晚 这些电影的创作者
And tonight, their creator,
电影学院的最新成员
and the newest member of the Film Academy faculty,
在此与我们共享电影盛宴
is here to share them with you.
太棒了
Bravo!
太棒了
Bravo!
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen…
我今晚能站在你们面前
I am standing before you tonight…
是因为一位非常勇敢的年轻人
…because of one very brave young man…
他看到一部坏了的机器
…who saw a broken machine…
不顾一切地修好了它
…and against all odds, he fixed it.
这是我所见过
It was the kindest magic trick…
最善良的魔术
…that ever I’ve seen.
现在 朋友们
And now, my friends,
我以你们的本我来称呼你们
I address you all tonight as you truly are:
男巫 美人鱼
wizards, mermaids…
旅行者 冒险者以及魔术师
travelers, adventurers magicians.
来与我一起做梦吧
Come and dream with me.
是的 你可以从留影碟
Yes, you can start with the thaumatrope,
幻影箱 走马灯开始
the zoetrope, the praxinoscope.
任何电影历史的研究都要始于…
Any study of the history of film must begin with the…
波比 哪的山洞象形文字
Poppy? The cave pictographs at
-尼奥 -尼奥
– Niaux. – Niaux.
关于犬科动物社会化
…About canine socialization.
不是犬科浪漫文学吗
Not canine romance?
弗里克先生 你的牡蛎里有颗珍珠吗
Oh, Monsieur Frick, do I detect a pearl in your oyster?
那个男孩设计的 不会吱吱响了
The boy designed it. It does not squeak at all.
记得微笑 亲爱的
Don’t forget to smile, darling.
哪一种 我会三种呢
Well, which one? I’ve mastered three of them.
别担心 我现在功能完备
Don’t worry. I’m now a fully functioning man.
是吧 亲爱的
Aren’t I, dear?
轻拍这副牌 上来了 上来了 好了
Tap the deck. And it’s up, it’s up, it’s up… It’s there!
-是你那张牌吗 是我的牌
– Is this your card? – That is my card.
从前 我遇见一名叫雨果·卡布里特的男孩
Once upon a time, I met a boy named Hugo Cabret.
他住在火车站里
He lived in a train station.
他为什么住在火车站呢 你很可能会问
“Why did he live in a train station?” You might well ask.
这就是这本书要讲的故事
That’s really what this book is going to be about.
是关于这个孤身的年轻人
It’s about how this singular young man
努力找寻一份来自父亲的秘密信息
searched so hard to find a secret message from his father.
以及这条信息如何照亮
and how that message lit his way.
他回家的路
all the way home.