What do you mean?
一切事物都有使命 就连机器也一样
Everything has a purpose, even machines.
钟要报时 火车要带你去往目的地
Clocks tell the time and trains take you places.
它们都在做着本职工作
They do what they’re meant to do.
就像拉比西先生
Like Monsieur Labisse.
也许这就是为什么机器坏掉我会这么难过
Maybe that’s why broken machines make me so sad.
这样它们就不能尽到自己的职责了
They can’t do what they’re meant to do.
也许人也是一样
Maybe it’s the same with people.
如果你生活毫无目的 那就好像你坏了
If you lose your purpose, it’s like you’re broken.
就像乔治爸爸
Like Papa Georges.
说不定我们可以修好他
Maybe we can fix him.
修理东西是不是你的使命
Is that your purpose, fixing things?
不知道
I don’t know.
我爸爸干这个
It’s what my father did.
我在想我的使命是什么
I wonder what my purpose is.
我不知道
I don’t know.
也许如果我知道我父母是谁
Maybe if I had known my parents…
我就会知道了
I would know
跟我来
Come with me.
我父亲死后 我经常到这儿来
Right after my father died, I would come up here a lot.
我会想象世界就是一个机器
I’d imagine the whole world was one big machine.
机器不会有多余零件
Machines never come with any extra parts, you know.
它们永远都是需要多少就有多少
They always come with the exact amount they need.
所以我觉得 如果世界是个大机器
So I figured if the entire world was one big machine…
那我就不可能是多余的
I couldn’t be an extra part
我一定有存在的理由
I had to be here for some reason.
这也就是说 你一定也有存在的理由
And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.
回去吧
Get back.
明天晚上七点我把塔巴尔德带来
I’ll bring Tabard tomorrow night at 7:00.
别走漏风声
Don’t say anything.
你有把握吗
Are you sure about this?
说不准
Not really.
但我觉得 只有这样才能
But I think it’s the only way to…
修好他
To fix him
好啊 今天过得怎么样
Hello. How was your day?
卡布里特和儿子们的钟表店
有个男孩在铁轨上 有个男孩在铁轨上
Boy on the track! There’s a boy on the track!
快走开 有个男孩
Get out of the way! There’s a boy!
快关掉
Turn it off!
快走开 快走开
Get out of the way! Move! Come on!
走开
Out!
小心
Look out!

Morning.
是 他是在这里工作 大块头 邋遢鬼
Yes, he’s employed here. Large, uncouth man.
在塞纳河
In the Seine?
死了 你确定吗
Deceased? Are you sure?
不 他没有亲戚
No, he has no… no relatives.
谢谢 我会整理他的遗物
Thank you, I’ll… I will gather his belongings.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
如果他已经死了
If he is deceased…
那是谁在给钟上发条呢
…then who has been winding the clocks?
-晚上好 -这边走 先生
– Good evening. – This way, sir.
我去开门
I’ll get it.
真是惊喜 进来 进来
Well, what a surprise. Come in, come in.
伊莎贝尔 这是什么意思
Isabelle, what’s the meaning of this?
求您别生气 妈妈
Please don’t be mad, Mama.
我们不欢迎那个年轻人
That young man is not welcome here.
我们知道乔治爸爸是谁了
We found out who Papa Georges is.
非常抱歉 夫人 我以为您知道我们要来
I… I deeply apologize, madame. I thought you were expecting us.
我现在就走 等您允许我再回来
I will leave immediately and return upon your request.
请小点声
Please keep your voices down.
我丈夫正睡着呢
My husband’s sleeping.
他打那以后就一直身体不佳
He hasn’t been well since…
不 妈妈 请别赶他们走
No, Mama. Mama, please don’t make them leave.
我无意勉强 梅里耶夫人
I…I don’t wish to impose on you, Madame Méliès,
但如果这是我们唯一见面的机会
but if this is to be the only time we meet,
请允许让我向您表达
please, let me express to you
我对您丈夫深深的感激
the profound debt of gratitude I owe your husband.
我小时候看过他的所有影片
When I was a boy, I saw all his films.
它们鼓舞了我
They inspired me.
您丈夫是一位非常伟大的艺术家
Your husband is a very great artist.
我很高兴
Oh, I am so pleased
你还这么热衷于我丈夫的电影
you remember my husband’s films with such fondness.
但是 他现在太虚弱了
But… he’s so fragile now.
回忆过去只会让他更受伤
It only hurts him to remember the past.
那我们还是先走了 夫人
Then we will take our leave, madame.
恕我直白
And I do hope you’ll forgive me for saying…
不过您本人和电影里一样美丽动人
…you are as lovely now as you were in the movies.
-妈妈 -你演过电影吗
– Mama? – You were in the movies?
她出演了他几乎所有影片
She appeared in almost all his films
-你是演员 -我
– You were an actress? – Well, I…
那是很久以前的事了 孩子们
Was a long time ago, children. It was…
那是不同的时代
It was another time. I, uh… I…
不同的我
Well, I was another person.
你想再看看那时的自己吗
Would you like to meet her again?
我这儿有一部电影
We have a film.
乔治的电影
One of Georges’ films?
这不可能 它们都不存于世了
That’s not possible. They’re all gone.
能放给您看吗
May we show you?
-求你了 -是啊 求你了 妈妈
– Please. – Oh, yes, please, Mama. Please.
速战速决
Just be quick with it.
你是演员 一个真正的电影演员
You were an actress, a real cinema actress!
-这太妙了 妈妈 -不是这回事
– It’s impossibly romantic, Mama. – It wasn’t like that.
我们不像现在的电影明星
We weren’t movie stars like they have today.
不过确实很有意思
But we did have fun.
梅里耶夫人
Madame Méliès?
是彩色的
It’s in color!
那是当然 我们给胶片上了色
But of course. We tinted the film.
一帧一帧亲手涂的
We painted it by hand, frame by frame.
妈妈 是你
Mama, it’s you!
是的
Yes.
真漂亮
Oh, beautiful.
你那时候真漂亮
You were beautiful.
现在也是
She still is.
我在哪儿都能听出放映机的声音
I would recognize the sound of a movie projector anywhere.
乔治
Georges…
你一直以来都想忘掉过去
…you’ve tried to forget the past for so long.
但那样只给你带来了苦恼
It’s brought you nothing but unhappiness, hmm?
也许到了该记起来的时候了
Maybe it’s time to try and remember.
你想知道吗
You want to know?

Yes.
和你一样
Just like you…
我很喜欢修理东西
I loved to fix things
我最早是个魔术师
I started out as a magician.
让娜妈妈是我的助手
Mama Jeanne was my assistant.
我们很成功 甚至开了自己的剧场
We were very successful, I must say. We even had our own theater.
但我总在鼓捣机器
But I was always tinkering with machines.
剧场里有我自己的工作间
I had my own workshop at the theater,
我在那把自己的幻想实现
where I could invent new illusions.
有次我还造了一部工作机器人
Once, I even built a working automaton.
他可真是个宝
Oh, he… was a particular treasure.
我投了全部心血在他身上
I put my heart and soul into him
之后有天晚上 让娜妈妈和我
Then, one night, Mama Jeanne and I
去了一家巡回马戏团
went to visit a traveling circus.
经过走马灯的帐篷时 我注意到一些东西
We were walking past the sideshow tents when I noticed something.
新颖又奇妙的东西
Something strange. Something wonderful.
会让你大吃一惊
It will terrify you!
先生 女士 里面有会动的照片
Sir, madame, inside we have moving pictures!
来瞧瞧吧
Come and see!
卢米亚兄弟发明了电影
The Lumiere brothers had invented the movies.
我爱上了这玩意
I fell in love with their invention.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!