I thought that you called me darling.
– 哦, 天啊, 真没有.
– “哦, 天啊, 你没有.”
– Oh, God, no.
– “Oh, God, no.”
我喜欢你这名字. 真的很喜欢.
I like your name. I like it very much.
你确定?
Do you now?
我们结婚以后,
我们可以打破传统,让你保留这个名字.
When we marry,
we’ll break tradition so you can keep it.
什么?
Excuse me?
你参加跳水比赛吗?
Do you dive competitively?
不.
No.
我只为自己跳.
I just do it for myself.
我喜欢入水时的那种感觉.
I like the sensation of falling.
你游起泳来就像一条美人鱼.
You swim like a mermaid, you know.
真的吗?
I do?
那你的理想是什么?
So, what do you want to do with your life?
我不知道.
I don’t know.
或许是嫁给你吧.
Marry you, I guess.
一个大学生, 挺好的.
A college boy, that’s good.
孩子,听我的.
你得让他多表达.
But listen, honey,
you let him do most of the talking.
男人, 特别是聪明的男人,
他们需要的是一个好的倾听者.
Men, especially smart men,
they like a good listener.
老妈, 别动那儿!
Ma, don’t!
哪儿都挺好,就是这儿显得有点亮.
It’s all right to shine a little, though.
男人希望被人认为
他们找到了一个心肝宝贝.
Men like to think
that they’ve found a treasure.
– 就是次约会. 又不是要嫁给他.
– 这可说不准.
– It’s only a date. I’m not gonna marry him.
– You never know.
你可能永远都无法了解,
他是否就是你的真爱.
You never know if this is the one.
宝贝,你知道我是爱你的
但你还没有漂亮到…
I love you, baby,
but you’re just not pretty enough…
无需取悦别人的程度.
…to be on your own.
晚安.
晚安, Darling太太.
Good night.
Good night, Mrs. Darling.
这点儿小毛病可能会毁了你啊.
These bugs
are gonna eat you alive.
别露出你脆弱的那一面哦.
You keep your delicate parts covered.
我自己关门就好.
I’ll get my door.
今儿天气真不错.
It’s a hotsy-totsy night tonight.
我订的是7点半的晚餐
没有问题吧?
I made a dinner reservation for 7:30.
Is that all right?
我有个更好的主意.
I’ve got a better idea.
小心啊!
Be careful!
晚安, Preston.
Good night, Preston.
我常来这里游泳.
This is where I usually come to swim.
你喜欢这儿吗?
You like it?
我是个地质学家. 我是说,
我的专业就是和这些石头打交道.
I’m a geologist. I mean, that’s my major. Rocks.
天啊! 对不起, 我甚至都没问你的情况.
哦, 没什么关系.
God! I’m sorry, I didn’t even ask.
No, that’s all right.
不, 不应该一直都是我在说.
No, I shouldn’t have been doing
all the talking.
那跟我多谈谈你吧.
So tell me more.
好吧.
Well, all right.
这些是我所憧憬的.
This is what I’d like to do.
我希望能够游历整个世界,
了解她的每一丝内在.
I’d like to travel over the whole planet,
and study every part of her.
尤其是这些水中的怪石.
Especially where rock is met up with water.
这是你能捕捉到的最令人惊叹的瞬间.
That’s where you get
the most spectacular effects.
当你来到科罗拉多大峡谷.
That’s when you get the Grand Canyon.
没有任何事物能像流水一般
水润山石
There’s nothing like water
to wear down a mountain…
让你敞开心扉.
… and open up its secrets to you.
你知道,在亚利桑那,它们…
You know, in Arizona they…
呆在这儿.
Stay right there.
千万别动.
Don’t move.
让我们一起去周游世界吧.
Let’s go around the world together.
我去研究那些石头.
I’ll study rocks.
你可以在谷底畅游.
You can swim down to the bottom of canyons.
横跨那死火山.
Swim across the middle of old volcanoes.
现在就带我去吧.
Get me away from here.
这会儿你要去哪儿?
Where you going this time?
他们要我到科罗拉多
确定一下水坝的具体♥位♥置
They want to send me up to Colorado
to check out the site of a dam.
Pres, 我可不想独自抚养这个孩子.
Pres, I’m not gonna raise this child alone.
你最好在镇上找个工作.
You have to get a job in town.
Sophia,我不能将生命浪费在
替农民们检测土壤这件事上.
Sophia, I can’t spend my life
doing soil tests for farmers.
我也不能像个破书包一样被遗弃在这儿.
And I can’t be left behind like some old bag.
只要孩子再大些,
你也就能过来陪我了.
Look, as soon as the baby gets a little older,
you can come along, too.
在这之前
我怎么能肯定你没跟别人跑了呢?
And before that,
how do I know you won’t run off?
我♥干♥嘛要这么做?
Why would I do that?
你现在说的好听.
That’s what you say now.
Sophia, 这太疯狂了. 我怎么会和别人私奔呢?
Sophia, this is crazy. Why would I run away?
因为它就是会发生的.
Because it happens.
老爸,你会离开很久吗?
Are you gonna be away
for very long, Daddy?
亲爱的,时间不会很长的.
也就是两到三周.
Not so long, sweetheart.
Two or three weeks.
– 我想要去读大学.
– 我们只供得起你们其中的一个.
– I want to go to college.
– We can only afford to send one of you.
– 小Pres更有必要去读.
– 但我年龄最大呀.
– It’s more important for Pres Jr. to go.
– But I’m the oldest.
一个女孩子没什么必要去读大学.
你到时候可以去结婚啊.
A girl doesn’t have to go to college.
You can get married.
那不是我想要的生活.
That’s not what I want.
我们不可能总是得到自己想要的东西.
We don’t always get what we want.
– 这是什么?
– 是个池塘.
– What’s that?
– It’s a pond.
为你造的.
For you.
我想你能在里面蹚水
I thought you could wade around in it or…
养些鱼,要不然干什么都行.
… keep fish in it, or whatever you want.
我觉得它足够深了.
I think it’s deep enough.
你觉得养些金鱼怎么样?
What do you think about getting some goldfish?
Evie说她想养金鱼.
Evie says she wants a goldfish.
还记得那时候你带我去那片湖游泳吗?
Remember when you took me
to the swimming hole?
现在怎么不去了呢?
Why’d you stop going?
我想是因为我已经是个家庭主妇了吧.
I became a wife, I guess.
Preston.
Preston.
Pres?
Pres?
让我们去那个湖吧
Let’s go down to the swimming hole.
Pres?
Pres?
那,后来呢?
So, what happened?
他再也没有回来.
He never came back.
快看, Sam在那儿呢.
嗨.
Oh, look, Sam is here.
Hi.
嗨, Sam.
Hi, Sam.
– 你怎么来了?
– 我想你呀.
– So, how come you’re here?
– I missed you.
我想仔细琢磨一下咱们的房♥子.
“咱们这趟没白去”.
I wanted to go over the house.
We’ve got plenty.
– Sam, 你留下来吃饭吗?
– 当然.
– Sam, are you staying to dinner?
– Sure.
太好了.
真好.
Good.
Great.
如果你愿意的话.
哦,当然愿意了.
If you’ll have me.
Oh, yeah.
– 你刚去游泳了?
– 没错.
– Did you go swimming?
– Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!