这样他们会记得更好的我
他们不会想看到我无法交流又无助的样子的
对他们对我都不好看
你害怕吗
Are you scared?
不
No.
不怕
No.
一点也不
我完全不害怕
这是一种解脱
他目前的情况不容乐观
He’s not in a good state now,
我曾努力地战斗过
and I know, before, I fought and battled so hard,
但他已经表明得很清楚
but he’s made it very clear
不想继续活下去了
that he does not want to carry on his life.
我感到怒火
I feel furious, um…
柔情 爱意
Tender. Loving.
守护
Um…protective.
我很高兴成为他的妻子
So pleased I married him.
我会非常思念他
And I’ll miss him terribly.
这太让人难过了
It’s terribly sad, terribly sad.
我们深爱彼此
And, um… And we love each other.
只是
It’s, um…
但我觉得 到头来
But I think, at the end of the day,
如果你爱一个人
if you love someone,
你还是得遵从他们的选择
you have to do what they want to do.
而且
And…
我想就算真的到了西蒙去世的那天
and I think we’ve got to the point where, when Simon does die,
也不是…
it’s not…
它也带不走我们曾经拥有的东西
It won’t…take away what we’ve had,
一切都会如往常一样
it will be there still
我很高兴能和他相遇
and I think I’m so glad I met him.
我爱你
我们已经尽力做到最好了
我非常高兴能遇见黛比 亲亲
我在派对上和他道别
I said goodbye to him at the party.
他疲惫地躺在房♥间里
He was lying down, tired, in the room
当他对我说再见时 我们嚎啕大哭了一场
and when he came to say goodbye to me, we had a good cry.
伊丽莎白说 他不想
And Elizabeth said, Well, he didn’t want to cry
在和我们道别时流泪
when he was saying goodbye to us.
他总是想按自己的剧本走 不是吗
He wanted to keep his act going all the time, didn’t he?
结果我们都哭了
So, we both cried.
伊丽莎白说你应该能体谅
Elizabeth said you could understand
他为什么不邀请你去瑞士
why he didn’t invite me to Switzerland.
我很久没坐过飞机了
I haven’t been on a plane for a long time
我的身体平衡并不好
and my balance isn’t all that good.
但我非常想去
But I was quite looking forward to going.
我在想 那是我儿子
I thought, It was MY son,
是我生养的孩子…
I had him, and…
我止不住地想
I keep thinking,
我没法再拥有一个儿子了 对吧
Well, I can’t get another son, can I?
星期日
发件人 西蒙·宾纳
收件人 黛比·宾纳及其他四人
五个火枪手 你们好
Hello, Five Musketeers.
你们现在可以打印自己的登机牌了
You can now print off your boarding passes.
乘客有黛比 迈克
Passengers – Debbie, Mike,
伊丽莎白 桑德伯格医生和威尔
Elizabeth, Dr Sandberg and Will.
感谢您的耐心等待
Thank you for waiting, at this time,
请剩下的所有乘客即刻登机
will all remaining customers please board now…
自杀在这个国家不属于犯罪
Suicide in this country is not in offence.
法律明确规定何种行为才算犯罪
The law is very clear about what is the offence,
即协助或怂恿
and the offence is assisting or encouraging
他人自杀
somebody to commit suicide.
例如 如果你带他人去安乐死机构
If you take somebody to Dignitas, for example,
艾莉森·桑德斯
安排好行程 送他们上了飞机
you arrange the flights, you put them on the plane,
带他们到了那儿 这就算是协助自杀
you take them there, that’s the sort of assistance
可以归属为犯罪行为
that could be an offence under the act.
最高可判处14年有期徒刑
Maximum penalty is up to 14 years.
但也要视个案和具体情况而定
But it’s a matter of each individual case and circumstance.
我们会将个人
We’ll take into account
明确的意向纳入考虑 如果
the clear and express intention, if there is,
他的确有的话
of the individual,
以及协助之人的同情心
the compassionate nature of the people who assisted.
我们会权衡并决定
We will weigh up and decide
是否应该起诉
whether or not that means we should prosecute or not.
这里有一个扶手
There’s a handle just here.
瑞士 巴塞尔
申请人最后一天晚上才会知道
The person only knows the last evening
是否确定被接受
if it is definitely accepted.
你好 宾纳太太
Hello, Mrs Binner?
你好 很高兴见到你
Hello, very nice to meet you.
-很高兴见到你 -请进
– Nice to meet you. – Come in.
西蒙还必须说服另一名医生
Simon must convince the second doctor, also.
你好 宾纳先生
Hello. Hello, Mr Binner.
我是与艾瑞卡共事的医生
I’m a GP working with Erika.
好了
Ok.
我想告诉你我一点也不怕死
一点点都没有 完全没有
完全不惧怕死亡
There is no fear for dying.
在英国时 他试图自杀
In the UK, he tried to end his own life.
我们直到那一刻
So, we didn’t really realise
才真正了解他有多么绝望
until that point how desperate he was.
我相信
I believe that.
太可怕了
That was so horrifying.
你知道明天会发生什么 会是什么情况吧
You know what will happen tomorrow, what’s going on?
艾瑞卡说明了一切 会怎么进行
Erika explained everything, how it works,
还有输液的情况
also with the infusion.
-是的 他不会有任何感觉吗 -不会
– Yes, so, he will feel nothing? – No.
-就像打了麻醉剂睡着似的 -对
– Just like going to sleep with an anaesthetic? – Yes.
但你要知道一旦开始输液
But you know that when you let this thing run,
你会死 而不是睡着
that you go to die, not to sleep.
你必须清楚地知道这点
And you must be clear in mind that you are.
你看着不像是抑郁的人
You don’t make me the impression of depression.
不是
No.
而且看起来不
And it doesn’t look…
你是自己在做决定
You were deciding yourself.
所以这是你的决定而不是外界导致的
So, it’s your decision and not from outside.
有一些重要的事
There are important things
我必须得记下 因为法律原因
I have to write down for legal reasons.
-您必须评估 明白 -是的 评估
– You have to assess, yes. – Yeah. The assessment.
所以
So…
不 谢谢
您很善良 医生
我能为你做些什么吗 除了
Can I do something for you, otherwise,
写我的报告外
than to go and write my report?
在我看来 可以通过
For me, it’s OK.
不是大笑 而是捧腹大笑
It hasn’t been a laugh, it’s been a belly laugh.
-开怀大笑 -是的
– Laugh out loud. – Yes.
你总能逗人笑
You always make people laugh,
像玛格丽特姑妈这样的 西蒙就会开始
people like Auntie Margaret, and Simon would start.
我们像这样围坐桌子旁 我都不需要说什么
We’d sit at a table like this, I didn’t need to say anything,
萨拉也不需要说什么
Sarah didn’t need to say anything,
因为节目表演就是这位
cos the floor show is over here.
你一直都是我的好兄弟
You’ve always been such a lovely brother.
谢谢你 宾纳
Thank you, Binns.
-最棒的家伙 -头儿
– Top bloke. – Top banana.
星期一
西蒙会和家人朋友一起从酒店出发
Simon will take off from his hotel with his family and friends.
他会来我们在巴塞尔进行
He will come to the place where we do the assisted dying
安乐死的地方
in the city of Basel.
他得填写一些表格
And he will have to fill in some forms
因为巴塞尔政♥府♥需要他签字
because the authority of Basel want him to sign,
他选择死亡的日子
the day that he is dying,
他真正深思熟虑过
that he really has been thinking about it well again,
仔细考虑过
slept over it another night.
我想让家人在场表示接受
I want the family to be there to show acceptance,
表示他们理解西蒙想做的事
to show understanding what Simon wants to do,
然后西蒙在他
and then Simon has to do it
想做的时刻自己动手
at the moment that he wants to do it.
直到最后一刻