I’m 57 and I was diagnosed with motor neurone disease
被诊断患有运动神经元病
on the 7th January, 2015.
我想预订您饱受赞誉的安乐死服务
And I’d like to have an eccentric, rock-and-roll version
安乐死服务
希望可以带摇滚风 安排得不同寻常
of your highly esteemed assisted-dying service.
路上一直很堵
There’s always so much traffic.
这也是我们一般八点半开工的原因之一
This is one reason why we usually start at 8.30.
你一般都早上工作吗
Do you always do them in the morning?
一般都是
Usually, yes.
瑞士政♥府♥一般不让我们
Usually, the authorities of Switzerland don’t like us
下午开工
to do it in the afternoon.
因为这样一来就会拖到四五点
Because then, it runs into four or five o’clock
他们要下班回家
and they want to go home.
在瑞士
With assisted dying,
有三家机构为外国人提供安乐死服务
there’s three organisations who accept foreigners in Switzerland.
“尊严”是最大的一家
Dignitas is the biggest one,
“由生到死” 位于巴塞尔
lifecircle – it works in Basel.
我们每周为两位客户实施安乐死
We have two assisted dyings a week.
他们要寄邮件过来
They have to send mails,
把疾病的医学报告发给我们
send doctor’s reports about their illness.
我会把文件给另一个
I show the documents to another doctor,
审核的医生过目
who is going to see them.
如果他说”我认为可以接收这位患者”
And if he says, “I think we can accept him,”
那么他就暂时获得了通过
then he gets the provisional green light.
这就是药剂
This is the medication.
是一种需要被溶解的粉末
It’s a powder that you have to dissolve.
这是一种麻醉剂 如果患者注射半克
It’s an anaesthetic, and if you take half a gram,
就可以实施大型手术了
you can have a big operation,
这让我们可以确保
which makes us feel safe
你感受不到任何疼痛
that you feel no pain,
感受不到恐惧 什么都感受不到
you feel no fear, nothing.
这是普通麻醉剂剂量的30倍
And this is 30 times the dose of a normal anaesthetic.
三十秒就可以让患者熟睡
It takes 30 seconds until they fall asleep.
在这三十秒里
Within these 30 seconds,
家人可以坐在旁边 牵着手
the family can sit close, hold hands,
说一些告别的话
say a last few words.
约翰·塞巴斯蒂安·巴♥赫♥
在大概四分钟之内 心脏会停止跳动
And within about four minutes, the heart stops beating
患者就会死亡
and they are dead.
一切顺利
OK, good.
2002年以来 超过250名英国公民赴瑞士接受安乐死
平均花费7000英镑
是的 早安 我是帕特里夏医生
我要报告一位申请安乐死的患者
好的
OK.
没问题 非常感谢
再见
七月
仅仅两个月之后
In just two months’ time,
国会议员将对饱受争议的安乐死法案投票表决
the controversial Assisted Dying Bill will be voted on by MPs
这是二十年来的首次投票
for the first time in almost 20 years.
如果提案通过 安乐死将在英国合法化
医生将会被允许向只有不到六个月生命
Doctors would be allowed to give a lethal dose of drugs
并且寻求解脱的成年人
to adults who have asked for help to die
提供致死剂量的药剂
and are thought to have less than six months to live.
残障人士和绝症病人
Disabled people and people who are terminally ill
更希望大家帮助他们好好生活
would like people to alleviate our suffering
而不是以杀死他们的方式 来减轻他们的痛苦
by helping us live better lives, not by killing us.
疾病晚期的患者将会背负巨大的压力
The pressure that is going to be put on terminally ill people,
他们将会认为
they’d end up thinking,
我该走了 我将会成为家庭的负担
I should go, I’m going to be a burden on my family,
我应该去…
it’s right for me…
教会仍然强烈反对安乐死…
The Church remains strongly opposed to assisted dying…
我希望大家把重点更多地放在
I want to see much more emphasis put on
如何帮助人活下去
supporting people in living,
而非帮助他们死亡
than assisting them in dying.
来
Come on.
继续走
Onward!
好乖
Good boy.
继续走
Onward!
今天早上
我第一次
摔倒了
我下楼的时候
拉尔夫调皮地跳了起来
把我撞倒了
我摔倒了
前胸撞到了地板上
他非常的失落
因为他知道有点不对劲了
时间在流逝
病情越来越严重了
好孩子
Good boy.
好孩子
Good boy.
好孩子
Good boy.
以后 当拉尔夫情况不佳时
In the future, when Ralph becomes poorly,
我们会找兽医来 轻抚着拉尔夫
we’ll call the vet to our house and we’ll all stroke Ralph
向我们最忠诚的伙伴最后道别
and say our last goodbyes to the most loyal of dogs.
然后他会平静地离开
And then, he’ll gently be put to sleep.
我所希望我也能如此
And that’s what I’d like for me.
出生和死亡都有它的时刻
There’s a time to live and a time to die.
现在是我希望的死亡时刻
Right now would be my ideal time to die.
黛比的处境让我倍感悲伤
Debbie’s plight causes me incredible sadness,
她对我和克洛伊如此友善
because she’s been so kind to me and so kind to Chloe.
克洛伊·简·特鲁里
1995.1.25-2013.2.28
我们十分爱克洛伊
We loved Chloe so much.
心爱的女儿和妹妹
她曾是我们生活的中心
She was the centre of our lives.
克洛伊是我最小的女儿
Chloe was my youngest daughter.
她十五岁时得了罕见的骨癌
She got a rare bone cancer at 15.
治疗了三年后
She had treatment for three years
十八岁时离开了我们
and then she died when she was 18,
那已经是两年前了
which was two years ago.
她一度无法忍♥受病痛的折磨
But the pain became unbearable for her at one point
曾请求我杀了她
and she asked me to kill her.
我想着
And I think…
十八岁的女儿
To have, you know, your 18-year-old daughter
求你让她死…
asking you to do that…
但我们有个非常棒的姑息治疗团队
But we had a fantastic palliative care team,
已经是最好的了
absolutely fantastic palliative care team,
让他们来处理这个情况
and they came round and sorted it out.
第二天她醒来
Then the next day, she woke up,
用普通十八岁女孩的语气跟我说
as kids do at that age, and said,
“我很抱歉对你说那样的话 妈妈”
“Oh, I’m sorry I asked you to do that, Mum.”
我觉得 天呐
It was like… “Oh, my God!”
然后我们一起度过了幸福的几个月
And then, we went on and had a few months of some lovely times.
没有比失去一个孩子更糟的事了
Losing a child, there’s nothing worse than that,
但是有些事情…
but there was something…
似乎是更自然的 我也不知道
More natural? I don’t know.
这其中我们知道uf8f5
In that we knew that we had…
这太难了
This is so hard,
运动神经元病毕竟如此不同 但是…
because motor neurone disease is such a different illness, but…
即便到了最后 我女儿依然抱有希望
There was still hope with my daughter, right up to the end,
我们仍然希望能多活一天
we were still hoping for another day,
我们也度过了快乐的时光
and we had lovely times,
每当我想到这一点
and I guess, maybe, if I thought about it,
我就有些生气
there’s a bit of anger in me that,
为什么西蒙不能这样
you know, why can’t Simon just do that?
疾病会让你的生活渐渐走向终点
You know, your life closes in when you get ill, I think,
但我们依然可以一起开心地看电视
but we still really enjoyed watching telly together,
一起吃饭
or eating together,
而就是这样的小事会…
and it’s those little things that become so…
所以我会想
So, maybe, there’s a bit of me that thinks,
“为什么你不能也这样做” 但是…
“Oh, why can’t you, you know, do that?” But…
发件人 西蒙·宾纳
收件人 艾瑞卡·帕特里夏医生
24号♥ 星期三
Wednesday 24th.
你好 艾瑞卡
Hello, Erika.
我用谷歌♥地图发现从德国弗莱堡到你的住所
I’ve just used Google Maps and you’re only 90 minutes’ drive
只要90分钟车程
from Freiburg, Germany,
我和黛比将和两位好友去那里度假
where Debbie and I ‘will be on holiday with two friends,
威尔和克里丝·华生
Will and Chris Watson.
威尔·华生同时也是我的工作伙伴
Will Watson is also my business partner.