在你衣袖上的
Inside a snowflake,
每一颗雪花中
like the one on your sleeve,
都发生过一个令你难以置信的故事
there happened a story you must see to believe.
在高耸入云的潘图山脉中
Way up in the mountains, in the high range of Pontoos,
有一个叫胡谷镇的小镇
lay the small town of Whoville,
也是胡们的家乡
the home of the Whos!
如果你随便问一个胡 他们都会说
Ask any Who, and they’ll have this to say…
圣诞节的时候 哪都不如胡谷镇
There is no place like Whoville around Christmas Day.
每扇窗户都贴着花 每座路灯都被装饰
Every window was flocked, every lamppost was dressed,
胡谷镇乐队带着浓浓的圣诞气息在镇子上巡游
and the Whoville Band marched in their Christmasy best.
圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
植树节挺好的 复活节也不错
Arbor Day was fine, and Easter was pleasant,
每个圣泡沫节他们吃泡沫雉
and every Saint Fizzin’s Day they ate a Fizz pheasant,
但是每个胡 从头到脚
but every Who knew, from their 12 toes to their snout,
都流淌着对圣诞的热爱
they loved Christmas the most,
这是不容置疑的
without a single Who doubt.
-谢谢光临 -谢谢你
– Farfingles welcomes you! – Thank you.
圣诞快乐 谢谢惠顾
Merry Christmas! Thank you for shopping Farfingles!
有一通打给你哥哥德鲁的电♥话♥
We got a snoozlephone for your brother Drew,
有一通打给你弟弟斯图的电♥话♥
and a snoozlephone for your brother Stu,
给你叔叔的手表 给你阿姨的衣服
a muncle for your uncle, a fant for your aunt,
给你表弟里昂的西服
and a fandpa for your Cousin Leon.
所以我们只要 辛蒂
So, we just need… Cindy?
第三排的大甩卖♥♥啊
Sale on aisle three!
-辛蒂·卢 辛 -圣诞快乐
– Cindy Lou! Cin… Oh. – Merry Christmas!
你好啊 米尔纳 圣诞快乐 弗莱德
Oh, hello, Myrna. Merry Christmas, Fred.
等我一分钟 辛蒂·卢 宝贝儿
Excuse me one minute. Cindy Lou? Honey?
-爸爸 -在呢
– Dad? – Yeah?
这是不是有点多余呀
Doesn’t this seem like a bit much?
圣诞节不就该这样子吗 你感觉不到吗
This is what Christmas is all about! Can’t you feel it?
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
谢谢惠顾 等一下
Thank you for shopping Farf… Wait a second!
-别忘了拿零钱 -离圣诞节又近了一分钟
– Don’t forget your change! – Another minute closer to Christmas!
从零点起打一折 限时五分钟
For the next five minutes only, 99% off!
没错 镇子上的每个胡都超爱圣诞节
Yes, every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot,
但是住在小镇 北边的格林奇
but the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville,
可不这么想
did not.
姑娘们 所有最好的圣诞果都在树顶上
Hi, girls. All the good mistletoe’s at the top.
姑娘们 我来追你们啦
Hey, girls! I’ll race you!
我先抓到你就不会这么说了
Not if I race you first.
最后上去的人
Last one to the top’s
就是又老又丑的格林奇
a stinky old Grinch!
伙计们 我们在哪
You guys, where are we?
-我觉得我们应该回去了 -什么
– I think we should go back. – What?
你怕格林奇
You’re scared of the Grinch!
-才没有 -听说他住在这的一个大山洞里
– No! – They say he lives up here in a big cave.
他只有想吃又香又嫩的胡的时候
And he only comes down when he’s hungry for the taste of
-才会下山来 -去你的
– Who flesh! – Oh, Drew!
-伙计们 -你怕格林奇
– Guys! – You’re scared of the Grinch!
你怕格林奇
You’re scared of the Grinch!
等等我
Wait for me!
我们能摸吗 摸摸门
Can we touch it? Touch the door?
斯图 你替我摸
Do it for me, Stu.
德鲁
Drew?
干得好 马克斯
Well done, Max!
好好跟他们玩玩 一群奔着圣诞的
Serves them right, those yuletide-loving
傻白甜乐呵呵的呆瓜
sickly-sweet, nog-sucking cheer mongers!
我是真不喜欢他们 真心不喜欢
I really don’t like ’em. No, I don’t.
马克斯
Max!
把我的披风拿来
Get my cloak!
我对这些胡谷镇的小流氓和他们那
I’ve been much too tolerant of these “Who-venile” delinquents
无恶意 无损失的恶作剧太容忍♥了
and their innocent, victimless pranks.
对了 他们对我挺好奇的 对吧
So, they wanna get to know me, do they?
他们想跟格林奇过会儿快活日子
They want to spend a little quality time with the Grinch.
我觉得我可以利用一些社交的力量
I guess I could use a little social interaction.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
是啊 圣诞快乐 圣诞老人与我们同乐
Oh, yeah, you bet. Ho, ho, ho, and stuff.
Ho ho ho 来源于爱尔兰盖尔语,也被用作圣诞老人的笑声
天呐 有人拆了那辆车
Oh, my. Someone has vandalized that vehicle.
看见了吗 马克斯 这个镇子真危险
You see, Max? The city is a dangerous place.
格林奇讨厌圣诞 整个圣诞节期都不喜欢
The Grinch hated Christmas, the whole Christmas season.
圣诞节节期:12月24日到第二年1月6日
你好呀 警♥察♥
Top of the day, flatfoot.
可千万别问为什么 没人知道为什么
Now, please, don’t ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
孩子们你们好 给你们个礼物
Hey, kids. Here’s a present for ya.
拿好快点儿跑吧
Be sure to run real fast
带着它跑 跑起来
with it, now. Come on.
抓紧时间 快跑 跑
Double time. Let’s go. Move.
有可能是因为他的脑子不太对劲
It could be that his head wasn’t screwed on just right,
也有一点点可能是他穿的鞋子太紧了
or it could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
但我觉得最可能的原因
But I think that the most likely reason of all…
圣诞快乐 蠢蛋们
Merry Christmas! Idiot.
是他的心里容不下这么欢快的气氛
…may have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
你好啊路人 不买♥♥个帽子不让你走哦
Hey, stranger, won’t let you go till you buy a chapeau!
♪ 满大街都是圣诞的氛围 ♪
♪ The streets are filled with Christmas cheer ♪
天啊 没什么能打垮大家的圣诞热情了
Boy, nothing beats Christmas, right?
应该吧
I guess.
-什么叫应该 -我只是
– You guess? – Well, it’s just
看到你和妈妈还有大家都忙里忙外的
I look around at you and Mom and everyone getting all kerbobbled.
感觉有点没有必要
Doesn’t this seem superfluous?
卢 卢
Lou! Lou!
-你们这是怎么了 – 格林奇出现了
– What happened to you? – It was the Grinch!
-格林奇 -你们想干嘛
– Grinch? – What do you want? I mean…
糟啦 格林奇来啦
Grinch? Oh, no!
是不是有人说了格林奇
Did someone just say, “Grinch”?
你好 梅镇长
Hello, Mayor May Who, sir.
卢
Lou?
我想我应该不必再提醒你们了
I don’t need to remind you that this Christmas marks
这次的圣诞节是为了纪念胡谷庆典的一千周年
the one thousandth Whobilation.
这是胡谷镇最重要的庆祝活动
Whoville’s most important celebration! And The Book of Who says,
胡谷之书也说得很明确了
very clearly,
“大大小小的胡都知道
“Every size of Who we can measure
“胡谷庆典时我们应该珍惜的一段时光
“knows that Whobilation is a time we must treasure!”
卢 请别跟我说你的小子们
Now, Lou, please tell me that your boys
是上了Mount Crumpit
were not up on Mount Crumpit
还招惹了和这里没有半点关系
provoking the one creature within a billion bilometers of here
-还讨厌圣诞的格林奇 -但是真的是格林奇
– who hates Christmas! – But it was the Grinch!
不不不不 镇长 他们没看到什么格林奇
No, no, no, no sir, the boys didn’t see any Grinch.
我想 他们应该就是上山
They just… I think they were up on the mountain
划划火柴 毁坏公共财产啥的了
playing with matches, or defacing public property, or…
那好吧
Oh, well.
那我就放心了
That’s a relief.
好了 大家听到了 这里没有格林奇
All right, you heard the man, there’s no Grinch problem here.
卢 我需要它明天送到
Lou, I need it there by tomorrow.
加急件
Heckuvarush.
圣诞快乐 下次再来 下一个
Merry Christmas, Mo. Next in line.
但是爸爸 我就是有点搞不懂
But, Dad. I just don’t understand something.
为什么大家都对格林奇闭口不谈
Why won’t anyone talk about the Grinch?
小孩总爱问格林奇
You kids and the Grinch!
辛蒂你听着 格林奇这个胡他总是
You see, Cindy, the Grinch is a Who who always…
准确来说他不是胡 他更像是个
Actually, not a Who, he’s more of a…
-是个什么 -没错 宝贝儿
– A what? – Exactly, honey.
他就是个不喜欢圣诞节的东西
And he’s a What who doesn’t like Christmas.
亲爱的 帮我看看他的邮箱
Take a look at his mailbox, sweetie.
从来没有收到或者寄出一张圣诞贺卡
Not a single Christmas card, in or out, ever!
-但是为什么呢 -我的快递呢 卢
– But why? – Lou, where’s my mail? Lou!
给我拿错快递啦 卢 给我拿错啦
Got the wrong mail here. Lou! I got the wrong mail!
-我马上就到 -卢 你摊上事儿了
– I’ll be right there. – Lou, we got a problem!
行了行了 我们一个一个来
All right, we’ll straighten this out.
他们理完这些得到猴年马月了
It’ll take them years to sort this out.
张冠现在李戴了
This is his and now it’s yours, and this hers and now it’s his!