-我知道这样听起来很蠢 -我不觉得蠢
– I know it sounds foolish. – I don’t think it’s foolish.
那就好
– I don’t. – Good.
因为我想着你或许会试试
Because I thought you might try.
我‥
Aye.
如果不是为我 那或许为了她们
If not for me, then perhaps for them.
我该说什么
What do I say?
想说什么就说什么
Whatever you wish.
只有你和神会知道
It’s only for you and the gods to know.
我希望他不仅仅把我当女儿看
I want him to see me as more than his little girl.
我父亲有时候也不懂女儿心
Mine own father does not know the language of girls either.
我想跟他交谈时
When I wish to talk with him
知道自己必须主动
I know that I must make the effort.
谢谢
Thank you.
陛下
Your Grace.
我很高兴能与你们见面
I’m glad we could meet.
我知道今天气氛剑拔弩张
I know tempers ran hot today
但我希望让你们知道 我多看重两个家族之间的情谊
and I wanted to assure you how much I value the bond between our houses.
毕竟雷妮丝是我最爱的堂姐
Rhaenys is my favorite cousin after all.
我想为今天在御前会议的失礼 表示歉意 陛下
I wish to apologize for the tenor at the small council today, Your Grace.
我无意冒犯
It was not my intent to make offense.
科利斯大人 你的舰队是王国最重要的财富
Your fleet is one of the realm’s most important assets, Lord Corlys.
但你必须理解
But you must understand…
作为国王 不到必要之时 我有义务尽量避免战争
as King, it is my obligation to avoid war until such time it is unavoidable.
我们都不想开战
None among us desire open war.
我可以实话实话吗 陛下
Might I speak plainly, Your Grace?
我向来鼓励御前大臣直言不讳
I always welcome the unfettered thoughts of my council.
我担心我们的敌人 现在对红堡虎视眈眈
I fear that the eyes of our enemies are presently fixed on the Red Keep.
王后过世
The Queen has passed.
历史上第一次出现了女性继承人
A girl has been named heir to the Iron Throne… the first in its history.
国王的胞弟被剥夺继承权
The King’s brother, so disinherited
在龙石岛代表坦格利安家族实行独♥裁♥
has claimed the Targaryen seat on Dragonstone without challenge.
现在一股外部势力 在我们最重要的航道上
And now, a foreign power has established a colony
建立了殖民地
in our most critical shipping lane.
科利斯大人 根据你的描述 王国如今危机四伏
You paint such an aspirant portrait of my reign, Lord Corlys.
他这是实话实说 堂弟
It is an honest one, Cousin.
目前王权被认为不堪一击
At the moment, the crown is perceived as being vulnerable.
盲目出兵石阶列岛就是我们
And a blind incursion in the Stepstones
粉碎偏见的唯一方法吗
is the only way to demonstrate that we are not?
要想避开暴风雨 要么直入其中 要么绕行
To elude a storm you can either sail into it or around it.
但永远不能坐以待毙
But you must never await its coming.
科利斯大人 你有具体的提议吗
Do you have a specific course of action to propose… my lord?
我们两家联姻
Join our families.
迎娶我们的女儿兰娜尔
Wed our daughter, Laena.
瓦雷利亚现存最有权势的 两个家族联姻
Unite the two great surviving Valyrian houses.
若坦格利安飞龙与瓦列利安舰队联手
With the Targaryen dragons and the Velaryon fleet bound in blood
就可向天下表明
you can show the realm
王权鼎盛指日可待 而非日薄西山
that the crown’s strongest days are ahead, not behind.
我必须承认
I must admit…
我还没有考虑过再娶
I haven’t given marriage much thought.
爱玛过世还不到一年
It hasn’t even been half a year since Aemma passed.
陛下 臣民迟早会希望您再娶
The realm expects you to take a new wife soon or late, Your Grace
传宗接代 生下更多继承人
to strengthen your line and produce more heirs.
你找不到比兰娜尔更合适的人选
You could not ask for a stronger match than Laena.
我们一直没怎么说过话
We haven’t spoken much…
自从‥
since.
这是我的不对
A regret of mine.
我们应该无拘无束地 向彼此说出自己的想法
We should be free to speak our minds to one another.
您想说什么都可以 您是国王
You can say whatever you’d like. You are the King.
我非常‥
I loved
爱你母亲
your mother very much.
我也是
As did I.
哈罗德爵士推荐了一些 不错的比武大会骑士
Ser Harrold provided a fine field of tourney knights.
但在对他们问话时 我发现克里斯顿爵士
But in questioning them I discovered that Ser Criston was the only man among them
是唯一有真正战斗经验的人
with true battle experience.
他一定会成为御林铁卫的优秀骑士
He’ll make a fine knight of the Kingsguard.
-今天在御前会议‥ -没关系
– Today at small council… – Pay it no mind.
-我以为自己有些见解 -你还年轻
I thought I might have had some insight… You’re young.
需要慢慢学
You will learn.
陛下 这是保住手指最好的法子了
This is our best chance to save the digit, Your Grace.
蛆虫会吞噬死肉 并有望阻止腐烂
The maggots will remove the dead flesh and hopefully stop the advance of the rot.

我今天早些时候
I held an audience earlier today
见了科利斯大人和雷妮丝公主
with Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys.
您真是宅心仁厚 陛下
That was most charitable of you, Your Grace.
科利斯大人一定很领情
I’m sure Lord Corlys appreciated the spirit of it.
他提亲了
He proposed a marriage.
为谁提亲 陛下
To whom, Your Grace?
兰娜尔小姐
The Lady Laena.
加强两个家族的联♥系♥
To combine the strength of our houses
表明王国的鼎盛指日可待 而非日薄西山
and demonstrate my reign’s strongest days are ahead… not behind.
陛下 科利斯大人反应过度了
Lord Corlys has overreached, Your Grace.
这种事必须在御前会议上商讨
Such matters must be discussed with the small council.
我就是在跟你商讨
That is what I’m doing, presently.
所以呢
So,
你有什么建议 亲爱的奥托
what is your advice, dear Otto?
兰娜尔小姐‥
The Lady Laena
年龄尚浅 陛下
is young, Your Grace.
没错 但国王陛下 大议会留下的伤痛依稀还在
Indeed… but the wounds made by the Great Council still linger, my King.
但与他们的女儿成婚 会是弥合伤痕的重要方式
A match with their daughter would go a long way towards… sealing the breach
瓦雷利亚最显赫的两大家族联姻
and uniting the two great Valyrian houses
绝对能在王国内外作出团结的表率
would certainly signal unity throughout the realm and beyond.
大学士的说法很有道理
The Grand Maester’s reasoning is sound.
-我很担心雷妮拉的看法 -这是为何 陛下
I do fear what Rhaenyra might think. What does it matter, Your Grace?
她母亲过世了 父亲必须延续皇家血脉
Her mother has passed. Her father must propagate the royal line.
我深爱自己的妻子
I dearly loved my own lady wife.
她的逝去依旧令我痛苦
The pain of her passing still haunts me.
出于义务‥
And to be compelled to…
找人取代她‥
replace her for duty’s sake…
您虽是国王 但我并不羡慕
You are the King but I do not envy you.
骑着黑死神驰骋是什么感觉
What was it like flying the Black Dread?
您是贝勒里恩最后的驾驭者
You were Balerion’s last rider.
只是在它过世前的一小段时间里
Only for a short time before he died.
旧瓦雷利亚的回忆 随贝勒里恩一同逝去了
With Balerion died the last memory of Valyria of Old.
但瓦格哈尔还活着
But Vhagar still lives…
虽然不知在何处
somewhere.
但龙穴肯定盛不下它
Bit too large for the Dragonpit.
有人会说就连全天下都容不下它
Some would say too large for our world.
你知道它在何处筑巢吗
– Do you know where she nests?
-你说什么 -你知道瓦格哈尔如今在哪吗
– I’m sorry? Do you know where Vhagar is now?
驭龙者认为它返回狭海沿岸的家乡了
The dragonkeepers believe she made home somewhere on the coast of the Narrow Sea.
香料镇的工人声称 偶尔能听到它的歌♥声
The workers at Spicetown report hearing her song at times.
他们说那声音很是哀鸣婉转
They say it is a sad thing.
看来就连龙也会感到孤独
I imagine even dragons get lonely.
陛下
Your Grace.
能像旧瓦雷利亚时代那样 我们两家联姻 这会是无上的荣耀
It would be a great honor to join our houses as they were in Old Valyria.
我会为您生下众多 纯正瓦雷利亚血统的后代
I would give you many children of pure Valyrian blood
这样皇家香火得以延续 王权也会得到巩固
so that we might strengthen the royal line and the realm.
这是你父亲教你说的吗
Is that what your father told you to say?
你母亲是怎么说的
What did your mother tell you?
她说我14岁之前不必侍寝
That I wouldn’t have to bed you until I turned fourteen.
你心中甚是不悦吧
It bothers you, does it not?
我父亲是国王
My father is a king.
续娶生子是他的职责
It is his duty to take a new wife and strengthen his line.
不要跟我讲政♥治♥上的大道理 我是问你是否心中不悦
I did not ask for a lesson in politics. I asked whether this bothers you.
兰娜尔是你女儿 公主 你心中是否会不悦
Laena is your daughter, Princess. Does it bother you?
这是自然
Of course it does.
但我明白纲常礼法
But I understand the order of things.
我不确定你是否明白
I’m not sure you do.
如果你是想激怒我 恐怕你是白费力气 公主
If you mean to elicit some anger from me you should know that you’re failing, Princess.
恰恰相反
Quite the opposite.
你父亲迟早会再娶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!