没有
No.
对不起,我,嗯…
I’m sorry. I, um…
我说实话,我想是酒分散了我的注意力
To tell you the truth, I think the wine’s distracting me.
– 我让人把酒拿走 – 不用了,没事
– I’ll send it back. – No, it’s fine.
– 你肯定? – 是的
– You sure? – Yeah.
你瞧,只要我想到自己在戒酒, 我就不会考虑喝酒
See, when I think of my sobriety, I don’t think about wine.
酒精从来就没有困扰过我
Alcohol was never a problem.
你是个成年女子了
Well, you’re a grown woman.
干杯
Cheers.
[娜迪用波斯语唱歌♥]
[Nadi singing in Farsi]
– 你的孩子叫什么名字? – 奈特和贝瑟妮
– What are your kids’ names? – Nate and Bethany.
奈特四岁,贝瑟妮九岁
Nate is four. Bethany is nine.
– 你家在哪? – 在米尔布雷
– Where is your house? – In Millbrae.
一个叫做巴洛米诺·迈德斯的住♥宅♥新区
In a housing development called Palomino Meadows.
你去购物中心必须经过那里
You have to drive through it to get to the mall.
哦,我知道它在哪了
Yeah, I know where that is.
天呐,我很可能路过那里很多次了
God, I’ve probably driven by it a dozen times.
我甚至很可能见过你的妻子
I’ve probably even seen your wife.
– 她叫卡罗尔 – 哦,卡罗尔
– Carol. – Yeah. Carol.
[清喉咙]
[clears throat]
– 你俩之间怎么样?莱斯特 – 我娶了我的好朋友为妻
– What’s your situation, Les? – I married my best friend.
结婚九年了,最近这七年里…
And for seven of the last nine years,
…我甚至不想多拥抱她一次 或者轻轻吻一下她的脸
I haven’t wanted to give her more than a hug or a peck on the cheek.
这就是我和她之间的情况
That’s my situation.
– 那么她对你呢? – 她对我很好
– What about her? – It’s not the same for her.
你要不要进来?
Do you want to come inside?
马苏德
Massoud.
我们满足了
We are blessed.
– 几点了? – 十点
– What time is it? – It’s 1 0:00.
天呐
Oh, God.
我应该在几个小时前就到家了
I should have been home hours ago.
我肯定卡罗尔打过电♥话♥给警局了
I’m sure Carol called the department.
我也肯定他们问了她我的病是不是好点了
I’m sure they asked her if I was feeling any better.
该来的总是要来
Things are finally in motion.
我终于要给它来个彻底了断了
I’m finally gonna get it over with.
它?
It?
告诉她我的真实感受
Telling her the truth about how I feel.
你的感受是什么?
How do you feel?
我感觉找到了方向
I feel found.
[门铃♥声♥]
[doorbell rings]
[对讲机的嗡嗡声]
[door buzzes]
凯茜,坏消息
Well, Kathy, bad news.
郡政♥府♥已经完成了他们那部分工作, 但是房♥子的新主人不同意进行交易
The county’s done their part, but the new owner won’t go along.
他要求以四倍于购入价的价格卖♥♥出
He’s asking for four times what he bought it for.
我们可以起诉郡政♥府♥, 不过这要耗上几个月
We can sue the county, but it’ll take months.
你的意思是…
Do you mean that…
…我不能循法律途径拿回我的房♥子了?
I can’t legally get my house back?
如果当初你拆开邮件看了, 事情就简单得多了
It would’ve been a lot easier if you’d just opened your mail.
你不可能指望法律能创造奇迹
You can’t expect the law to work miracles.
我没有指望奇迹, 我只是指望你做好你该死的份内工作
I don’t expect miracles. I expect you to do your fucking job.
我真不知道坐在这里 跟你还有什么好说的
I don’t know what I’m doing sitting here talking to you.
你们看到了,几个房♥间都很不错
And as you see, very excellent rooms.
屋内很凉爽,即使白天也是如此
It is cool inside, even during the day.
还可以在“寡妇平台”上观赏日落美景
And from the widow’s walk, sunsets are quite beautiful.
这一带没什么雾
There is very little fog in this area.
– 房♥子何时可以交付? – 要等到秋季
– When would the house be available? – Not until autumn.
– 我们需要时间另外找房♥子 – 也行
– We would need time to find a new home. – That might work for us.
[波斯语]
[Esmail speaking Farsi]
对了,她过来取工具了, 她的木匠男友拉在这了
Yes. She has come for a tool her boyfriend carpenter may have left behind.
我正在等她呢,请你们稍等片刻
I have been expecting her. One moment, please.
很高兴你来了,请这边走,我带你去拿
I am happy you came. Please, this way. I will show you.
我家里人对此事一无所知, 我不想他们知道
My family knows nothing of this. I’d like for it to remain so.
对不起,你把我和别的人弄混了吧
You have me confused with someone else.
我很确定我知道你是什么人
I’m quite certain I know who you are.
我是凯茜·妮可洛
I’m Kathy Nicolo.
我知道我的律师找你谈过, 巴♥赫♥鲁尼先生…
I know my lawyer talked to you, Mr. Bahrooni,
– 不过我认为我们应该面对面地谈一谈 – 我的名字叫贝赫拉尼,贝赫拉尼上校
– but I thought we could meet face-to-face. – My name is Behrani. Colonel Behrani.
贝赫拉尼上校,不好意思
Colonel Behrani, I’m sorry.
我父亲留了这栋房♥子给我和我哥哥
My father left this house to me and my brother.
这些话你去和郡政♥府♥税收处的官僚们说吧
Tell this to the bureaucrats at the County Tax Office.
是他们犯了错,不是我
They have made a mistake, not l.
他们说了愿意把钱退还给你, 我知道你已经给房♥子安好了平台
They said they’d give you your money back. You’ve put that deck on.
我肯定他们会补偿你这部分费用的
I’m sure they’d repay you for that.
对不起,不过我言尽于此
I’m sorry, but I’ve nothing more to say.
为什么我要为了他们的无能而受累? 你说呀?
Why should I be penalized for their incompetence?
你应该告他们,要他们 赔一大笔钱够你买♥♥十栋房♥子的
You should sue them for enough to buy ten homes.
到时候我甚至可以找个合适的价钱 把这房♥子卖♥♥给你,我想要的就是这些
I’ll even sell you this house for the right price. That’s all I require.
我不知道他把锤子拉在哪了,就说到这吧
I don’t know where he left his hammers. I’ve nothing more to say.
放开我
Let go of me.
你休想指望就这么搬进这里 然后还利用它来捞一票
You can’t expect to just move in here and make money off of this.
这是我的房♥子
This is my house.
我住在这,是你从我这偷了这栋房♥子
I lived here, and you stole this house from me,
你这狗♥杂♥种♥!
you son of a bitch!
这是偷来的房♥子!
This is a stolen house!
他想卖♥♥给你们一栋偷来的房♥子!
He’s trying to sell you a stolen house!
你怎么和你的孩子说的?
What’d you tell your kids?
我跟他们说了实话
I told them the truth.
我的父亲弃我们而去, 我曾发过誓,决不对我自己的孩子做这种事
My old man walked out on us. I swore I would never do that to my own.
出什么事了?
What happened?
我的律师拿不回房♥子
My lawyer couldn’t get the house back.
我就去找那个房♥主
So I went to see the owner.
– 然后他就用手抓了你这里? – 没什么,别担心
– And he put his hand on you? – It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.
这是不对的
That’s not right.
他没有权利这样做
He’s got no right to do that.
这家伙是什么人?
Who is this guy?
他的名字叫贝赫拉尼,是个上校
His name’s Behrani. He’s a colonel.
贝赫拉尼?从哪个国家来的?
Behrani? What country is he from?
我不清楚,不过他的妻子几乎不会说英语
I don’t know. But his wife hardly speaks any English.
或许他们刚搬来没多久, 或许他们还不熟悉环境
Maybe they haven’t been here that long. Maybe they don’t know their way around.
– 你要做什么? – 我要去拜访一下他们
– What are you doing? – I’m gonna pay ’em a visit.
军官对警官的话应该比较容易听得进去, 至少值得一试
Officers tend to listen to other officers. It’s worth a shot.
如果他不听呢?
What if he doesn’t listen?
那我就逼他听
Then I’ll make him listen.
[车喇叭鸣笛声]
[horn honking]
[波斯语]
Oomadan! Oomadan!
小鸟儿!
Little bird.
小鸟儿!小鸟儿!
Little bird! Little bird!
欢迎来到我们的新家
Welcome to our new home.
– 这边是往山下去了? – 这是栋投资性的房♥产,索拉娅
– Does it go down the hill? – It is an investment property, Soraya.
就像我们在里海旁的第二栋房♥子
Like our second home on the Caspian.
这是栋投资性的房♥子
It’s an investment home.
[波斯语]
[speaking Farsi]
我们去屋顶阳台看看风景
[Nadi] Let us go to the roof porch, for the view.
[波斯语]
[speaking Farsi]
岂有此理,你瞧他们
[Lester] Jesus, look at them.
他们有什么好庆祝的? 庆祝偷了弱女子的房♥子?
What are they celebrating, stealing a woman’s house?
见鬼去吧,这些家伙
Fuck these people.
你真是英明,吉诺布·撒罕…
You’re a very wise man, Genob Sarhang,
…住在这样一个能欣赏到 神迹般美景的地方
to live in such a place that gives you a view of God’s wonders.
[刺耳的轮胎声]
[tires screeching]
[门铃♥声♥]
[doorbell rings]
那标语是你贴的吗,先生?
Did you post that sign, sir?
是的,有问题吗,警官?
Yes. Is there a difficulty, officer?
山脚下的标语也是你贴的?
And that’s your sign at the bottom of the hill?
是的
Yes.
请进,警官
Please, come in, officer.
我刚来这地方,贴标语需要批准吗?
I am new to the area. Is a permit required to post signs?
贴在房♥子上可以
Not on the house.
– 但电线杆是市政财产 – 我知道
– But the utility pole’s city property. – I see.
很好,我会换个地方贴标语的 谢谢你告诉我
Very well. I will put the sign elsewhere. Thank you for informing me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!