You cannot live on
In the past
Don’t look back
我的名字是汤米·瓦查
My name is Tom Warshaw.
我是一个美国艺术家,住在巴黎
I’m an American artist living in Paris.
我在这里住了30年
I’ve lived here for 30 years
带着一个没有人知道的秘密
with a secret that nobody knows.
我儿子欧乃尔今天就满13岁了
My son, Odell, is turning 13 today.
为了他的生日 我要告诉他我的秘密
And for his birthday, I’m gonna tell him my secret.
我要跟他说,你知道在老电影里 坏人想打开保险箱
I’m gonna tell him, “You know how in old movies
我要跟他说,你知道在老电影里 坏人想打开保险箱
“when the bad guys want to break into a safe?
有这么个人,他是个保险箱窃贼
“There’s this one guy, the safecracker,
他把耳朵贴在保险箱锁上
“who puts his ear up to the lock
倾听转动锁组合的声音
“and listens as he dials the combination,
寻找所谓英语里面说的”翻筋头”
“listening for what they call in English, the tumblers.
就是当密♥码♥数字对了的时候 有一个”滴答”声
“Because when the number is right, there’s a click,
他知道当他找到这个”滴答”声,他就得手了
“and he knows with the click, he’s breaking in.
你知道,在人的一生中,也会有这个”翻筋头”
“Well, in a man’s life, there’s a tumbler too.
而我觉得那个密♥码♥数字就是13
“And I think that number is 13,
伴随着那声”滴答” 男孩进入了男人期
“when there’s a click and a boy breaks into manhood.
他生命的保险箱被打开了
“And the safe of his life opens up and Shazam,
呈现出一个男人所盼望成为 和拥有的一切的成熟
there are all the riches of what a man can hope for and hope to be.”
我想要对我的儿子说的是
What I want to say to my son is,
当我满13岁的时候 恰恰相反的事情发生了
the opposite thing happened for me when I turned 13.
保险箱的门不是被打开 反而是对我关上了
Instead of opening, the safe locked shut on me.
某件事情发生了 我再也听不到那个”滴答”声了
Because of certain things that happened,
某件事情发生了 我再也听不到那个”滴答”声了
I couldn’t hear the tumblers anymore.
现在他马上要13岁了 我又听见了那个”翻筋头”了
Now that he’s turning 13, I’m hearing the tumblers again.
也许这意味着我们要一起成为男人
Maybe it’s like we’re becoming men together.
And if I could call back
All those days
Of yesteryear
I would never be old
Yeah, I’d never be poor
But, darlin’
Those days are gone
Oh, yeah
Stop
Dreaming
And live on in the future
But, darlin’
Oh, no, no
Don’t look back p
很久以前,有一个法国人不是法国人
Once upon a time there was a Frenchman who was not French.
我没有醉,我只是爱说话
No, I’m not drunk. I’m just talkative.
对不起,我只是想和我太太讨论一点事
Sorry to wake you. I’m just trying to have a discussion with my wife.
我生于美国纽约州纽约市格林多镇
I was born in Greenwich Village, New York City, New York,
我生于美国纽约州纽约市格林多镇
the United States of America.
纽约市,1973年
我的故事开始于每个男人的故事开始的地方
My story starts where every man’s story starts.
母亲
With Mom.
抱歉,我迟到了
Sorry I’m late.
我给我们做了晚饭
I made supper for us.
冷了,我去热一下
It’s cold. I’ll heat it up.
不用,看上去挺好
No. It’s okay. It looks good.
我父亲一年前去世了 死于癌症
My father had died a year earlier of cancer.
我母亲是护士
My mom was a nurse.
她相信所有这类疾 病可以通过微电疗和新鲜的蔬菜预防
She was convinced that all such disease could be prevented
她相信所有这类疾 病可以通过微电疗和新鲜的蔬菜预防
by mammoth intakes of leafy, green vegetables.
她尤其是相信“奇妙的“甘蓝芽菜
Specifically, she believed in the magic of the brussel sprout.
你会吃完你的甘蓝芽菜吗?
Are you gonna finish your brussel sprouts?
我不知道,妈,我刚开始吃
I don’t know, Mom. I just started.
你愿意,我可以把它们热一下
If you want, I’ll heat them up. No.
不用,我很好
Fine.
没有我父亲,她完全迷失了自己
She was lost without my father.
但是有些时候,我可以把她”找”回来
But sometimes I could find her.
喔,妈,这才是我说的真正正宗的甘蓝芽菜
Oh, Mom, now that’s what I call a brussel sprout.
简直是在你嘴里融化
Oh! Just melts in your mouth.
真的,我不知道”甘蓝”那时候在想什么 当他找到它的时候
I don’t know what Brussels was thinking letting go of these.
但是,有的时候,她不想被人找到
And sometimes she didn’t want to be found.
嗯 妈
Okay, Mom.
学校怎么样?
How was school?
好
Fine.
工作还好么?
How was work?
好
Fine.
你想我给你洗头么?不用,谢谢
Want me to wash your hair? No, thanks.
给我拿一点热水,好么?
Save me some hot water, will you?
有时候,她哭到自己睡着了
Sometimes she cried herself to sleep.
有时候,她只是哭
Sometimes she just cried.
在那些晚上,唯一接近他的方法是通过
On those nights, the only way to reach her was through
她对我们的总统理查德·尼克松的憎恶
her hatred of our president, Richard Milhouse Nixon,
他的绰号♥是狡猾的迪克(迪克有阴颈的意思)
whose nickname, Tricky Dick
“我是狡猾迪克, ”
It’s Tricky Dick.
” 我不是坏人”
I am not a crook.
他给了我”灵感”,让我把衣服和 袜子派上了新奇的用处
inspired me to come up with
他给了我”灵感”,让我把衣服和 袜子派上了新奇的用处
novel uses for my socks and shirts.
什么水门,这个门,那个门的 我不在乎,这就是我要说的
Watergate, schmatergate. That’s all I have to say.
我的美国人♥民♥们
My fellow Americans,
我不是个骗子
I am not a crook.
我最好的朋友,名叫俳颇斯
My best friend’s name was Pappass.
他是那种过去所谓的“低能儿”
He was what you used to call “retarded.”
我们一起有一份送货的工作
We had a delivery boy job together.
如果你要找人把湿的厕纸送到 你的后脑勺上,你就找对人了
If you wanted wet toilet paper delivered
如果你要找人把湿的厕纸送到 你的后脑勺上,你就找对人了
to the back of your head, we were your guys.
如果我想实践上帝给我的自♥由♥
If I wanna exercise my God-given freedom
去体验把人锯开 或者是把人挂在肉钩上
to experience people getting cut up by chainsaws
去体验把人锯开 或者是把人挂在肉钩上
and hung on meat hooks,
我认为宪♥章♥给我这样做的权利-你不这样认为么?
I think I have the constitutional right to do so, don’t you?
我们会被送进监狱的,汤米
We’re gonna go to jail, Tommy. Pappass.
俳颇斯,我们不会送进监狱的
Hmm? We’re not gonna go to jail.
他们不会把弱智送进监狱的
No? They don’t throw retards in jail.
保持冷静,给我个老爸脸
Just stay cool and give me the dad-face.
一切都会很好的
Everything will be okay. Yeah.
两张”德州电锯杀人狂”
Two for the Texas Chainsaw Massa-cree, please.
两张”德州电锯杀人狂”
Two for the Texas Chainsaw Massa-cree, please.
这片子是限制极的,小家伙 16岁以下的必须由父母或者监护人陪同
It’s R, small-fry.
这片子是限制极的,小家伙 16岁以下的必须由父母或者监护人陪同
No one under 16 without parent or guardian.
这是我的父母监护人,就在这
Oh, that’s my parent or guardian right there.
祝你们看电影愉快
Enjoy the cinema.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks!
电锯魔法,嘿 ..
Greenwich Village Chainsaw Massa-cree!
到了说学校的事的时候了 谁写的”黄色床垫”?
Time for school. Yeah!
到了说学校的事的时候了 谁写的”黄色床垫”?
Who wrote Yellow Mattress?
海迪·耐德
I.P. Nightly.
“黄色大河”?
Uh, Yellow River?
海迪·德利
I.P. Daily.
“法兰西决裂”?
Um, French Rupture?
哦 啊 扎克图泰德(随便胡说)
Oh, oh, Jacques Too Tight.
那”俄♥国♥决裂”呢?
Russian Rupture?
我说是阿瓦尼·卡柴瓦科夫
Ivanna Kutcharakov.
喔,别这样
Oh, don’t do that!
对不起,我晚了
Sorry we’re late, Simone.
你放了学看电影 我管不着
Sorry about that. What do I care if you watch movies after school?
我又不是你妈
I’m not your mother.
你怎么知道我们去看电影了
How did you know we were at the movies?
我怎么知道?
How do I know?
那个弱智还是勃起的呢
And the retarded one still has an erection.
我只是喜欢恐怖电影
I love scary movies.
变♥态♥,你那家伙像个小充气飞船
Psyche. It’s like a Blimpie.
那笨蛋家伙
Slavabogu, it’s like a Bratwurst.
像大肉肠,可以按镑买♥♥
You could sell it by the pound.
过来,你是好孩子
Come here. You’re a good boy.
还有汤米 汤米也想说他的祷告
Tommy, too. Tommy wants to say his prayers.
西蒙,我的第一个老板
Ah, Simone. My first boss.
至少她某个部分是
Well, at least part of Simone, anyway.
我觉得这是我怎么开始爱上法国的
I think this is where my love of French began.
人们喜欢送货男孩,而狗喜欢送货车
People love delivery boys.
人们喜欢送货男孩,而狗喜欢送货车
And dogs loved the bike.