谢谢你的劝告
Certainly appreciate your input.
我不懂
I don’t understand.
我确信我听到你的声音了
I know I heard you.
这就像我脸上的鼻子一样清楚
It was just clean as nose on my face.
对了
That’s it.
也许你听不到我
Maybe you can’t hear me!
当然你的耳朵肯定很小
Of course your ears must be tiny.
我得大点声
I need to speak up!
你-好-
H-E-L-L-O-W!
也许那里的人
Now some people out there
可能会认为我知道
might think I know who
是谁会同意那只臭袋鼠的话
they find they agreed with that Sour Kangaroo
“不可能有像老鼠一样小的人”
“There can’t really be people as small as a mice”
当然可能 而且确实有
Well there can. And there are.
因为霍顿是对的
Becuase Horton was right.
你好
Hellow!
那句简单的”你好”一直传了下去
That single “Hellow” traveled all the way down
传到微尘上 传入花中 传过小镇的喷泉
to the speck, to the flowers, to the fount of the small town.
这镇唤作呼呼镇 因为呼呼族们住在这里
The town known as Whoville for there live the Whos
生活安乐 积极阳光
Really happy in safe, knowing only good news,
殊不知他们的世界 只是苜蓿上的一粒微尘
unaware that their world was a speck on a clover,
他们以为的甜蜜生活或许已经过时
unaware the sweet life they knew might be old
呼呼镇的镇长是一位名叫麦多多的男士
The Mayor of Whoville a man named McDodd
他为人正直 鞠躬尽瘁 颇为古怪
who’s devoted and faired and little bit odd.
镇长夫妇二人的孩子一抓一大把
The Mayor and his wife they had children to spare.
96个女儿 有的在这儿 有的在那儿
96 daughters, some here and some there.
96个女儿要疼爱 96个女儿要教养
96 girls to love, 96 girls to teach.
但镇长和每个女儿交流的时间可不多
But the Mayors have only few second for each.
爸爸 我呼镇历史考得棒极了
Daddy, I do better than best on my whostory test.
哈 呼镇历史 我记得很清楚
Ah, whostory. I remembered well.
真是我的好女儿
That’s one of my girls.
她怎么能用我的发梳
Her is has been using my hairbrush?
她怎么能用我的发梳
Her is has been using my hairbrush.
瞧那儿
Look, over there!
这样就好了
There, all better.
能给我买♥♥个呼呼机吗 爸爸
Can I please have whophone, daddy?
班上人人都有
Everyone else in my class has one.
哦 真的 每个人
Oh, really? Everyone?
噢 我会考虑的
Aw! I will think about it.
瞧啊 爸爸 瞧啊 爸爸
Daddy, look! Daddy look!
牙此
Toos!
是”齿”甜心 是”牙齿”
It’s “th” sweetheart. It’s “Tooth”
呼呼镇的习俗和你我的都不同
In Whoville tradition unlike yours or mine
镇长的长子是第一顺序继承人
Mayor’s oldest is the next Mayor of line.
那谁是能掌握大权的人呢
And who was the oldest lead and stand tall?
是乔乔 他的儿子 他孩子中最小的
It was JoJo, his son, the smallest who all.
乔乔 有什么大事
So, JoJo, what’s what’s shaking?
有什么好玩的 有什么新消息
What’s happening? What’s the world?
对你或我来说 这个问题很清楚
Now to you or to me, it’s finally clear
但乔乔不想继承他老爸的事业
that JoJo did not want his father’s career.
但镇长勇往直前 毫不动摇
But the Mayor pressed forward completely illuded.
乔乔只坐在那儿 沉默不语
And JoJo just sat there in silence and lude it.
哦 乔乔
Oh, JoJo!
-嗨 为什么他分得的时间多点 -那不公平
-Hey! Why this he get more time? -That’s not fair!
儿子 嘿
Son! Hey!
为什么他不说话
And why didn’t he speak?
我想如果他开口双腿会颤抖
Well I think the leg was frightened if he did,
他或许会让他老爸失望
he might let down his dad.
你知道啥最棒么
You know what’s awesome?
这才是最棒的
This is awesome!
看看墙上挂着的女士先生吧
Just look at the men and the women hanging on these walls.
你 我的孩子 也是这个历经百年的 家族的继承人
You, my boy, are part of family legacy that spans centuries
你知道吗
You know what?
你的祖父是呼呼镇的镇长
Your grandfather was Mayor of Whoville.
你曾祖母 对啦
And, your great grandmother, that’s right.
直至到你
All the way down to your
伟大的
Great
伟大
Great
伟大
Great
伟大
Great
不怎么伟大的
Not so great
伟大的 伟大的 伟大的
Great, Great
伟大 伟大 伟大
Great, Great, Great
伟大 伟大 伟大
Great, Great, Great
伟大的
Great!
祖先
Grandfather!
我希望将来我也能迈入他们的行列
Some day I hope to join them.
成为伟大的人物
Be one of the Grates.
我告诉你乔乔 没什么能比的上当市长
I tell you JoJo there is nothing like being Mayor.
我要签署决议 批准法规 提交预算
I get to sign resolutions, approve ordinances, submit budgets.
在美食节游♥行♥时
And in the edible parade
我是唯一一个坐在大伙上面的人
I’m the one city noun top of the giant people.
有朝一日
Some day
你也会是 乔乔
That can be you too, JoJo.
总有一天你会戴上市长的徽章
Some day you’ll be the one wearing the Mayor crest.
你只要
You just…
你只需要
You just need to…
你懂我说的
You know what I mean?
很好 聊得很愉快
O.K. Good chat!
我很高兴我们交谈了一下
I’m glad that we had this talk
很好 我要自己继续了
That I’m continuing now by myself. Good.
哦 这样不错
Oh! There. There are to become fit.
这样没错 莫顿 这样没错
Nothing wrong with this Morton. Nothing wrong with this.
就你 我和小微尘
Just you and me in the speck.
没有争执
Shouldn’t a breeze.
我们是一个集体 我们是一个团队
We’re club. We’re group.
我们可以投票表决
We can take a vote on issues.
我们可以成立机密组织
We can be a secret to society
-掌控全世界的海盗 -霍顿
-to control pirate’s power in the world. -Horton?
有人想要加入的话
And no one else can join
就得带上好玩的帽子
Unless they wear funny hats.
听着 霍顿
Listen, Horton!
主席承认了他的兄弟 莫顿
The chair reconize it’s brother Morton.
我很高兴你能找到这颗微尘
I am really happy you found this speck in all.
但是你还是低调一点好
But you might wanna think about keeping it to yourself.
嗯 什么 什么
Um, what, what?
你在和什么苜蓿讲话
Are you talking to what clover.
这看起来可不好
That doesn’t look good.
你知道什么叫看起来不好
You know what doesn’t look good?
你谈微尘的口气 就像它根本不存在一样
You, talking about the speck like the speck isn’t even there.
它可从没说过你的坏话
Speck never said nothing bad about you.
但是嘿
But hey!
保佑你那虚幻的优越感
Good luck with your illusional superiority.
这颗微尘知道你对我的看法 也知道你想说些什么
You know the speck can think anything you want about me you to speak.
喔
Wow!
我知道怎么回事了
I see what’s going on here.
莫顿 无论这微尘和我有多亲密
Morton, no matter how tight this speck and I get,
它始终不能取代你
the speck could never replace you.
我只是伤心我居然还要解释这一点
I’m only sad that I would have to explain that at this point.
很棒 霍顿 真的很管用
Well, that’s awesome Horton. That really helps.
尽量低调一点 我以后再来看你
Just try to keep this to yourself. I’ll see you later.
试试
Try.
嘿 霍顿 那什么呀
Hey, Horton? What’s you got in there?
啊 没什么
What? Nothing.
我们什么都没做
We’re not doing anything.
“我们”是谁
Who’s we?
“我们”什么”我们”我说过的吗
We? What we? Did I say that?
我只是 哦 不 我不会那么说的
I just… Oh, no. I would never say that
因为那就暗示着我和某人在一起 而不是一个人待着
because that would a play that I was with someone and not alone.
好吧 你不能和任何人说这事
O.K. There is a story you can’t talk to anybody