改编自苏斯博士小说
霍顿和无名氏
五月十五
On the fifteenth of May
诺欧丛林之中
in the jungle of Nool
烈日炎炎
in the heat of the day
而湖水荫荫
in the cool of the pool
霍顿正玩着水 享受着丛林带来的无上乐趣
He was splashing enjoying the jungle’s great joys.
然而此时这头大象听见了 一个小小的声音
And Horton, the elephant heard a small noise.
-霍顿 -霍顿
-Horton! -Horton!
大家早上好 你们准备好了吗
Good morning, class. Are you ready?
当然
Yeah!
跳到我背上来
Jump on board!
下面的 小心
Look out, below!
汤米已经上来了
Tommy’s on board.
凯蒂 你在吗
Katie, you there?
-哈 -好的
-Ha-Ah-A. -O.K.
它就在那儿
There it is.
这是从林里最惊人的生物之一
This is one of the jungle’s most amazing creatures.
柳叶虫
The leaf bug.
为了保护自己不受天敌侵害
In order to protect itself from predators
它把自己伪装成叶子
It disguises itself as a leaf
这虫子抓得真紧啊
This one’s got quite a deep grip.
来吧 小朋友 别害羞
Come on, little buddy! Don’t be shy!
孩子们 我想我犯了个错误
I guess I was mistaken, Kids.
这个地方显然没有盲蝽
There are obviously no leaf bugs in this area.
-哦 是的 -即使一个 噢 它们在我身上
-Oh, yeah. -Even a per… Oh! They’re on me.
看 虫子
Look at, there are bugs
我吞进去了
I think I swallowed it.
出来 呃-咳 它不出来
Shoot up! Uh-ek it’s not coming.
把它拉出来
Pull it out.
呃 好吧
Uh, OK.
发出哼哼声的是只臭袋鼠
Then, humphing her nose was sour Kangaroo.
她总认为自己知道得比你多
A type who’s convince she knows better than you
她自以为是诺欧丛林的头儿
She made every law and then forced every rule
制订并强制执行每条规章制度
as self conclaimed head of the jungle of the Nool.
为什么我不能和别的小孩玩 妈妈
Why can’t I play with the other kids, Mom?
我告诉过你多少次了
How many times have I told you?
在从林里不能像野兽一样
The jungle is no place to act like a wild animal.
天 那个霍顿可真古怪
My, that Horton certainly is eccentric?
孩子们从他那里学了很多东西
And that children are learning so much from him.
学习成为一个弱智
Learning to be a bunch a hell brain half-wits.
所以我的鲁迪才要在口袋里受教育
And that’s why my Rudy is pouch schooled.
袋鼠还在冷嘲热讽的时候
So, while Kangaroos still there sneering a sneer
霍顿 这是我一生中最美好的时刻
Horton, how it’s the best time of my life.
接下来你要给我们看什么
What are you gonna show us then?
那微尘又飘到了霍顿耳边
Once again the speck floated right by Horton’s ear.
而他又听到了那个声音
And he heard it again.
只是一句很微弱的叫声 像是有个小人在呼救
Just a very faint yelp, as if some tiny person were calling for help.
你猜他想到了什么
And you know what he thought?
他想那微小的微尘上一定有人
What he thought there must be someone on top of that small speck of dust.
甚至可能是一家子 或许吧
Or even a famly. It just might be so.
养着发育期孩子的一家人
A famliy with children just starting to grow.
我想活下去
I wanna live!
我得走了 凯蒂 你负责
I got to go. Katie, you’re in charge.
等等
Wait!
回来
Come back!
再吃一个 再吃一个
One more, one more, One more, one more.
-有人来了 -快给我
-Ah here someone coming. -Get here those.
-等等 -拉响警报
-Wait! -Sound the alram!
劳驾 让我过去
Excuse me! On my stamp feet!
对不起 维克山姆们
Sorry, Wickershams.
我保证我等下会把这些 都清理干净的
I promise I’m gonna clean all this up later!
拿箭来
Bring the arrow!
早上我喜欢闻香蕉的香气
I love the smell of the banana’s in the morning.
香蕉弹
Bananing Hou!
别这样 伙计们 我们是同类
Come on, guys! We’re all mammals!

Whou!
我觉得外交手段要失败了
I feel diplomatic process is beginning to break down.
好了
There you are.
我要抓到它了 抓到它了
I’ll catch it. catch it.
-嗨 孩子们 -喔
-Hi, kids. -Wow!
好了
There
现在你安全了
Now you’re safe.
我听到你说话了
I know I heard you say something.
我的确听到了
I just know it.
你在哪儿呢
Where are you?
-霍顿 -哦 抱歉
-Horton? -Uhoo, sorry.
我只是 呃
I just…ah.
有粒微尘
There was this speck.
而且 它们在请求帮助
And the… they called up for help.
-我呢 -这粒微尘
-And I was… -The speck…
请求帮助
called out for help?
当然不是微尘 我是说
Well not the speck. I mean
那太荒谬了
That’s ridiculous.
你以为我是这样想的
Is what you thought I’ve been?
微尘是不会请求帮助的 少来了
No, the speck can’t call out for help. Come on.
现实点
Get real!
当然不是
No.
那粒微尘上有个小人 他需要帮助
There’s tiny person on that speck and needs my help.
荒唐
Absurd.
没有那么小的人
There aren’t people that small.
喔 也许他们不小
Whoa, maybe thay aren’t small.
也许
Maybe…
是我们太大了
We’re big.
-霍顿 -不 真的 想想看
-Horton! -No! Really, think about it.
如果宇宙之外
What if there is someone
有这样的人
way out there,
俯视着我们的世界
looking down on our world right now.
对他们来说 我们就是微尘
And to them, we are the speck.
然后有人出现了 他说到
And then this someone else come along, he say,
“哦 不会有那么小的人”
“Oh, there can’t be people that small.”
而第一个人会说
And the first guy would say
“你是说我在撒谎吗”
“Are you calling me a lier?”
第二个人就会说
And the second guy would say
“被我说中了
“If the shoe fits wear it,
你就承认了吧”
and now that fits a blind.”
然后第一个人会捡起一块大砖头
and the first guy pick supper break.
接下来也许你就该把袋袋拉上了
And you might wanna zip up the pouch for this next part.
好吧 胖小子
Alright, Fat boy!
-你想要些 -霍顿
-You want some of there… -Horton?
那粒微尘上什么也没有
There is nothing on that speck.
但我听到了
But I heard.
你听到了 真的 哦 上帝
Did you? Really? Oh my!
那为什么我什么都听不到
Then how come I don’t hear anything.
这个嘛
Well?
如果你看不见 听不到也摸不着某个东西
If you can’t see, hear, or feel something
那它就不存在
it doesn’t exist.
我相信 在诺欧丛林里 虚构的小人是没有的
I’m believing in tiny imaginary people is just not something we do.
也是不可能存在的
Or tolerate here in the jungle of Nool.
真的
Really?
要是我好好找的话
Cause I verified I really tried
我会找到
I can find somebody
-相信我的话的人 -你会白费力气的
-who believe what I’m saying. -You will do nothing of the sort.
你不能向别人散布谣言
You will not breathe the word of this lie to anyone else.
特别是孩子们
Expecially the children.
我不可想让你的胡说八道 毒害了他们的思想
I do not want you poisoning their minds with this nonsense.
这个集体是有规定的 霍顿
Our community has standards, Horton.
如果你还想成为我们中的一员 我建议你遵守规定
If you wanna remain a part of that I recommand you follow them.
过得愉快
Have a nice day.
好的
Alright then!
我会 呃 从善如流的
I’ll ah…take that an advisement.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!