I’m about to find out.
我回到诺丁汉 来到杰明·蒂蒙斯教授这儿
I’m back in Nottingham with Professor Jamie Timmons,
要来看看他的高♥强♥度训练
and about to discover what effect
在四周内对我的健康产生了什么效果
four weeks of his HIT protocol have had on my health.
首先我们要来看看
First, we’re going to find
它是否提高了我的胰岛素功能
out if it’s improved my insulin function.
好了 你的结果出来了
OK, so I have your results here.
这是血糖对于
This is the blood glucose response
口服葡萄糖饮料的反应
to the oral glucose drink.
需要再一次提醒你的是
And this again is just to remind you that
虽然大多数人都会有所提高
while most people see an improvement,
但有些人仍然不会有变化
some people don’t,
迈克尔·莫斯利 四周高♥强♥度训练
血糖反应
而且有些人的状况会变得更差
and some people actually get a little bit worse.
现在是见证真♥相♥的时刻
So, the moment of truth.
蓝色是你接受训练之前的血糖反应
In the blue is your response before the training,
在四周12分钟的训练之后你可以看到
and after 12 minutes of training over four weeks you can see
你的血糖浓度在血糖曲线下
you’ve had about a 15% reduction
下降了15%
in the area under the curve for glucose.
-这实在惊人 -是的
– That’s quite impressive. – Yeah.
更惊人的是
Even more impressive when combined
结合这些显示我为了转化糖分
with this data which shows the amount of insulin
所释放的胰岛素的数据时
I produced to shift that glucose.
我最终全面提高了我的胰岛素敏感度
I ended up with an overall improvement in insulin sensitivity
提高幅度为23%
of 23%.
这仅仅是四周的训练
This has only been a four-week intervention,
-时间非常短 -我现在对一切都很惊讶
– so it’s quite short. – I’m actually quite amazed to see anything.
-我对一切都很惊讶 -很好
– I am amazed to see anything. – Good.
我很高兴 并且这让我还想继续
I’m pleased and it makes me think I’ll continue.
23%的提高是惊人的
A 23% improvement is remarkable,
但这确实符合他们的医学研究
but it’s in line with their clinical studies.
他们认为是这种运动强度
They think it’s the intensity that
打碎了储存在肌肉中的糖原
counts breaking down the stored glycogen in muscles
这比慢跑这类适度运动要有效得多
so much more effectively than moderate exercise like jogging.
接下来是我的有氧适能
Next, my aerobic fitness.
在他们的研究中
In their studies,
高♥强♥度训练平均可以提高10%
HIT delivered an average improvement of 10%.
但和所有的锻炼一样
But like all exercise,
有些人获益匪浅 有人则毫无收获
some people got a lot of benefit, others didn’t.
继续 保持腿部运动 继续
Come on, keep your legs moving, keep it going!
明显要轻松多了 而且我感觉很好
It certainly seems easier and I’m feeling good
因为我比上次要坚持得久
as I realise I’ve gone longer than I did last time.
继续
Keep going!
继续 继续 迈克尔
Come on, come on, Michael!
坚持 坚持 非常好
All the way, all the way! OK, fantastic.
这是毛巾
There’s a towel there.
但我的最大摄氧量增加了吗
But did I increase my V02 max?’
根据你心肺的数据 我们得到了这张图
It’s a measure of your heart and lungs, so we have a graph.
迈克尔·莫斯利 四周高♥强♥度训练
有氧能力
-我坚持得更久 -确实
– I went longer. – You went longer for sure.
但没有更高
But not much higher.
-完全没有更高 -是的
– Not higher at all. – OK.
你的有氧能力完全没有改变
Your aerobic capacity just did not shift at all.
在有氧能力测试这一方面 你是个无反应者
For this aerobic capacity measurement you’re a non-responder.
是的 你之前预测的是什么
Right, blimey. And what would you have predicted?
你提到这个很有趣
Well, it’s funny you mention that.
我们正好也有基因测试的结果
We happen to have the results of the genetic test.
迈克尔·莫斯利 四周高♥强♥度训练
基因档案(健康)
我们预测你是一位无反应者
We predicted you as a non-responder.
老天 真是有趣
God, how funny.
真是不幸啊 好生气
How tragic as well. How incredibly annoying.
好吧 所以作为一名科学家 你很开心
OK, so as a scientist, you’re delighted,
作为一个人类 我感到深深地失望
as a human being, I’m profoundly disappointed.
糟透了 好吧 真是有趣
Bloody hell! So, right. How interesting.
所以你好久以前就拿到预测结果了
So you predicted, way back,
但不告诉我
without telling me,
我不能通过锻炼来提高身体素质
that I wouldn’t actually improve with exercise and,
真该死 我真实没有提高
bloody hell, I didn’t improve.
迈克尔·莫斯利 四周高♥强♥度训练
有氧能力
一样的
It’s identical.
老天 好生气 好吧
God, that’s annoying. OK.
我在这里 看到了吗
I’m right down there, can you see that?
我在该死的底端
I’m right down there at the bloody bottom!
你也不能比这更糟糕了 对吗
You can’t get worse than that. You can’t, can you?
对 但它说明科学确实合理有效
No, but it does say that some of the science is adding up
我们一直在观察你 并且能够对你进行预测
and we’re watching you and we can predict you.
预测的很准确 这很恐怖
With absolute precision. That’s quite scary!
-好吧 感谢爸爸 感谢妈妈 -是的
– OK, so thanks, Dad, thanks, Mum. – Yes.
他们赐予了我一些不好的基因
They just bequeathed me some dodgy genes.
在有氧能力方面
Well, for aerobic capacity,
是的 恐怕是的
yeah, I’m afraid so.
所以像我一样处于底端的人
So the down side for people like me,
你的基因检测告诉我 我不能得到提高
your gene test is telling me that I’m not going to improve,
但上面的人 你可以告诉他们
but the up side is presumably you can tell some people
它们可以通过锻炼获得巨大的好处
that they’re going to get enormous benefit.
是的
That’s correct.
我们可以精确地找到
We can really pinpoint people who have a great response
对于有氧适能反应好的人群 让他们锻炼
for their aerobic fitness to exercise training,
并且这也能很好地提供锻炼的动力
and that can be a great motivational tool, for example.
高♥强♥度训练也许人们还不太熟悉
HIT may be the new kid on the block,
但它正在逐渐发展起来
but it’s making waves.
杰明不久前开始了一项耗资五百万磅的研究
Jamie has just begun a 5 million ponds
来进一步探索高♥强♥度训练的效果
study to further explore its effects.
锻炼的真♥相♥
The truth about exercise
是它应该为人们量身定制
is that it should be tailored to individuals.
你锻炼的类型和运动量
And the amount and type of exercise you do
不一定非得是
doesn’t need to be two
每周两到三小时的耐力训练
or three hours a week of endurance training.
还有许多
There are many different
不同类型的有效锻炼方式
types of exercise that will be effective.
但是 有些人
However, there are some people in the population,
对于我们目前所知的任何一种锻炼方式
who will not respond very effectively to
都不会产生很有效的反应
any of the types of exercise that we currently know about.
如果你花很长时间在健身房♥或者慢跑
If you do long sessions in the gym, or jogging,
并且这是你喜欢做的事 那很好
and that’s what you enjoy, then great.
但是我们大多数人都不太喜欢锻炼
But most of us don’t.
像高♥强♥度训练一样
What I’ve seen is that there are other
我还见到了其他的锻炼方式
forms of exercise, like HIT,
比如提高你的非运动性热量消耗
like improving your NEAT,
就能够帮助
that could help a lot
更多的人获得必要的健康好处
more people get those vital health benefits.
至于我 好吧 在有氧适能方面
And as for me, well, I may be a non-responder
我也许是一个无反应者 真遗憾
when it comes to aerobic fitness, which is a bummer,
但我的胰岛素敏感度确实提高了 这很好
but my insulin sensitivity did improve, which is great
因为我不想像我父亲一样成为糖尿病患者
because I do not want to become a diabetic like my dad.
所以我将继续高♥强♥度训练 并且保持活跃
So I will continue with the HIT and I will keep on the move.
归根到底 椅子才是杀手
Because after all, the chair is a killer.
椅子才是杀手
The chair is a killer.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!