standing up, of course. Each of us has a chart
以图像的形式揭示了我们的日常活动
that graphically reveals our daily activities.
第一个 斯蒂芬妮
First up, Stephanie.
看这个 这真的
Look at this. It’s really,
真的很酷 因为看看她的工作日
really cool, because look at her work day.
你一直在忙
You’re clicking!
你一直在动 你下午在做什么
You are on the move. What were you doing in the afternoon?
看看这之间的差别
Cos look at the difference.
这是早上 忙疯了
That’s morning, that’s frantic serving…
是很疯狂 看这个
It is literally frantic. Yeah. I mean look at it,
这全是连续活动
It’s a block of continuous activity.
这是罗伯特的
This is Robert, this is Robert.
我一打印出来就发现
The thing I saw as soon as I printed this out,
在进一步处理之前
before I started fiddling
就发现这张图非常零碎
around and looking, is that it’s sporadic.
是吗 有很长时间你都是坐着的
Right? There’s a lot of time where you’re sitting down.
然后你赶去了某个地方 走了很多路吗
Then you rushed off somewhere and there was a lot of walking?
事实上走了八百米 但这是偷偷走的
It’s actually a half-mile walk, but it’s a stealth walk.
-但你确实移♥动♥了 -是的
– But you moved. – Absolutely.
你当时在移♥动♥ 看看这步态
You were moving. Looking at the gait,
我们可以看出步态的模式
cos we can actually see the patterns of the gait,
你没有跑起来
you were never actually in flight,
所以你的腿从没抬很高 你很匆忙
so your legs were never off the ground, but you were in a hurry.
是的 正是这样
Yes, exactly.
-真是惊人 -简直难以置信
– Amazing. – Unbelievable.
轮到我了
Moving on to me…
老天 老天
dear, oh dear, oh dear!
老天 老天
Oh dear, oh dear!
谢谢 气氛营造的不错
Thank you, that’s a good build-up.
如果你就看这一段
If you looked at this and
并且这就是你的一整天 你会怎么说
said that’s your day, what would you say?
我不知道我会说什么 这
I don’t know what I’d say. It’s…
-继续 -不是很活跃
– Go on. – It ain’t very active.
我看过斯蒂芬妮那一整块儿
I’ve looked at Stephanie’s great big blocks,
所以这不是很活跃
and this isn’t very active.
对我而言 我首先看到的是
To me, the first thing I see when I see this
“移♥动♥ 停止 移♥动♥ 停止”
is “Move, stop, move, stop,”
但”停止”占大多数
but most of it’s “Stop”.
很明显 这个运动量不大
But obviously, not a huge amount of activity.
你的运动量相对而言较低
The amount of activity you’re doing is relatively low.
正如你所说 斯蒂芬妮夺得金牌
And as you say, Stephanie is definitely gold medal
我们也不会再颁其他奖牌了
and we’re not giving out any other medals.
你觉得这样会不会更好一点
Do you think it is better
坐的时间相对长一点
to be relatively sedentary,
像罗伯特 然后再去体育馆进行激烈的运动
like Robert, and then go for big bursts at the gym,
还是说像斯蒂芬妮这样一直活动会更好
or is better to be just moving all the time like Stephanie?
去健身房♥的人会坚持去 因为他们热爱健身
People who go to the gym will keep going cos they love it.
这很酷 这是他们爱做的事
It’s cool, it’s what they love to do,
但对大多数人而言 锻炼可有可无
but for most people, it’s irrelevant.
80%的人不进行日常锻炼
80% of the population don’t take regular exercise.
因此对大多数人来说重要的是
So therefore what has to be relevant for most people
他们一整天的活动量有多少
is how much they move throughout the day
因为这才是人类与生俱来的
because that’s how the human was designed.
基本来说 这很简单
Basically, it’s really simple.
你只需要尽可能从椅子上起来就好
You just keep off your bottom as much as possible.
-感受脉搏 想活动时就活动 -好的
– Feel the pulses. And when the urge moves you, move. – OK.
这是个严肃的问题
Well, that was sobering.
我知道自己坐的时间很长
I was aware that I spent quite a lot of time sitting down,
但也许没那么长
but probably not that much.
所以接下来我要做的是
So what I’m going to do is
看我能否按吉姆的建议 让双脚多多活动
see if I can keep on my feet much more, follow Jim’s advice.
我真的想知道 这到底有多难
What I really want to see is how difficult is that,
以及它会带来多大的不同
and also how much difference will it make.
接下来的24小时里
For the next 24 hours,
我集中精力保持活跃
I make a concerted effort to keep active
不做任何正式的运动
without doing any formal exercise.
完全离开桌椅很困难
It’s hard to avoid my desk completely,
但我避免坐电梯
but I avoid the lift,
抓住一切机会走路
and generally take any opportunity to walk.
我该为一封邮件生气吗
Should I bang over an e-mail, then, or…?
-这是你的第一天 -是的
– Here’s your day one. – Yep.
这是懒虫迈克尔
This is Michael the slug.
不管如何 你可能会告诉我
Somehow, and perhaps you’re going to tell me how,
你如何使你的非运动性热量消耗翻了一倍
you literally have doubled your amount of NEAT.
这可是在这一过程中
I mean, we’re talking a calorie increase
每天多燃烧掉
of 500 extra calories a day
500千卡
burnt through this increase.
你是怎么做的 告诉我们你的一天
Now how did you do it? Talk us through your day.
事实上我只是起来更加活跃而已
Essentially I was just up and more active,
我步行上下楼梯
I was walking up and down stairs.
在这些过程中你流了多少汗
How much sweat did you drip doing this?
一滴也没流
None.
但你多消耗了500千卡
So you burnt an extra 500 calories
并且你一滴汗也没流
and you didn’t drip an extra drop of sweat.
不 我必须说 到了晚上我的脚真的很疼
No. I have to say, by evening time, my feet were really hurting.
-真的吗 那你做了什么 -我换了双鞋
– Really? And what did you do about that? – I changed my shoes.
我一直穿… 好了 我知道了
I’ve been wearing… Oh, yes, I see.
-真棒 -是的
– Snap! – Yes!
非常舒服 非常非常舒服
They’re very comfy. Very, very comfy.
保持活动不仅是很好的燃烧卡路里的方法
Keeping on the move isn’t just a good way of burning calories.
它同样也能提高生理机能
It also has a big impact on your physiology.
为什么保持活动如此重要
Why is it so important to keep moving?
你坐下的时间永远都不应该超过一小时
There should never be an hour that you’re sitting down.
为什么
Why?
因为一旦你的身体静止 体脂就会堆积
Because your body idles, the gunk builds up,
血糖浓度升高 血脂也会升高
the blood sugar levels elevate, the blood fats elevate.
为了使得这些燃料在体内循环流动
In order to keep the fuels moving through the system,
你就需要时时活动
you need to be moving every hour.
你是说静♥坐♥12小时
You’re saying it’s not enough
再去体育馆锻炼一小时
to sit for 12 hours, go to the gym for an hour
指望那能对你有所帮助 是不够的
and hope that’ll do it for you.
我和你说 迈克尔
I’m telling you, Michael,
有数据显示
there are data coming out now
那些久坐不动的人
that suggests that people who are profoundly sedentary all day,
虽然确实每晚都去健身房♥
who indeed get to the gym in the evening,
但不幸的是 这还不够
unfortunately just aren’t doing enough.
也就是说久坐这一习惯可能是杀手 是吗
It is that sedentariness that appears to be the killer, right?
被捆绑在椅子上
Bound to the chair, chained to the chair,
是在伤害你的身体 害死了上百万人
it’s hurting our bodies, it’s literally killing millions.
有谁会想过椅子可以杀人呢
Who’d have ever thought that the chair could kill?
到此为止 关于运动的真♥相♥好像是
So far, the truth about exercise seems to be
如果我能坚持不久坐 时常活动
that if I can keep off my bum and on the move,
再结合每周三分钟的高♥强♥度训练
and combine that with three minutes of high-intensity training a week,
我就可以再也不去健身房♥了
then I can happily forget the gym.
真正让人吃惊的是
What’s really surprising
这些训练仅仅只是20秒的剧烈运动
is that these are only 20-second bursts,
尽管如此
but even so,
最后的几秒真的非常艰难
the last few seconds are really difficult.
我想知道为什么锻炼如此困难
I was just wondering why doing exercise is quite so hard.
是什么让我们渐渐不去锻炼
What is it that really makes us slow down and stop?
踩 踩 踩
Go! Go! Go!
为了找出结果 我来到了伊斯特本
To find out, I’ve come to Eastbourne,
去布莱顿大学见艾玛·罗斯博士
to the University of Brighton, to meet Dr Emma Ross.
当你感到疲倦 大多数人都会觉得
When you get fatigued, most people think
是他们的肌肉累了
it’s their muscles getting
从而让他们停止锻炼
tired and causing them to stop exercising,
但是我们在这里的研究是关于你的大脑
but the research we do here is about how your brain
艾玛·罗斯博士
布莱顿大学
是如何影响运动表现
is exerting its influence on your exercise performance
并能够使你慢下来
and has a hand in slowing you down
最终停止锻炼

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!