– For health? – Yeah.
简单来说 我们不知道
The simple answer is, we don’t know.
它就是一个在流行病研究中
It’s just a very, very powerful marker
非常非常有力的指标
in epidemiological studies
可以预测未来的全死因死亡率
for future all-cause mortality.
换句话说 如果我能增加最大摄氧量
In other words, if I can improve my VO2 max
和胰岛素敏感度 我可能会活得更久
and my insulin sensitivity, I will probably live longer.
这是另一种训练还是我们就要用它
Is this another piece of training or is this the real thing?
不 真的还没开始 迈克尔
No, now we’re onto the real thing, Michael.
杰明和他的同事已经证明
Jamie and his colleagues have shown it is possible
要提高这些健康指标是可能的
to improve those health markers
通过极少量的锻炼即可
with a remarkably short amount of exercise.
这是一个新的 发展中的研究领域
It’s a new, evolving field of study
在过去几年真正兴起
that has really taken off in the last few years.
我们接下来要向你介绍HIT
What we’re going to do is introduce you to the HIT protocol,
即高♥强♥度训练
the High Intensity Training protocol,
通过每周几分钟的锻炼 一段时间后
which, over a period of just a few minutes a week,
我们就能证明
we should be able to demonstrate
你可以很大程度上
that you can dramatically
减少对葡萄糖水的反应时间
reduce your response to a glucose drink.
我觉得这个完全
You see, this I find utterly,
完全难以置信 我必须要说
utterly unbelievable, I have to say.
我的意思是 我知道
I mean, I knew,
因为我来之前看过你的研究了
because I had read your research before I came,
你将会提到这一点
you were going to say this,
这绝对与我之前在医学院学到的
but it goes against absolutely everything I was taught
以及后来读到的知识完全不同
when I was at medical school, and everything I have read since.
我要做这个做多久
How long do I have to do?
今天 你将用尽全力骑20秒
Today, you’re going to be cycling maximally for about 20 seconds
然后稍微休息一下
and then you’re going to have a short rest,
-接着再重复两次刚才的运动 -好的
– and you’re going to repeat that two more times. – OK.
这听起来真不像锻炼 我必须说
That really doesn’t sound like exercise, I have to say.
-三次20秒的激烈运动 -是的
– Three bursts of 20 seconds? – Yes.
我每周要做几次这样的运动呢
I have to do this how often a week?
我们想让你每周做三次
We would like you to do it three times a week.
这加起来仅仅只有三分钟
It only adds up to a grand total of three minutes,
每周只进行三分钟的高♥强♥度锻炼
that’s just three minutes of high-intensity exercise a week
这完全就跟没做一样
and that is absolutely nothing.
我们会向你证明这么做真的
Well, we’ll show you it’s actually quite a lot
对你肌肉中的新陈代谢有很大的影响
for the metabolism in your muscle
并且会带来很大的好处
and it will make a really good difference.
锻炼有关的行业都在说
The whole industry around exercise says,
“多锻炼 多锻炼 多锻炼”
“Do more, do more, do more,”
获益的唯一方法
and the only way of getting any benefit
是忍♥受大量的
is through huge amounts
-身体疼痛和消耗大量的时间 -当然
– of pain and huge amounts of time. – Of course.
而你所说的与这完全相反
And you’re saying the complete reverse.
你可以想象这种说法的背后原因
Well, you can imagine the drivers for that.
比如说 如果你
For example, if you’re
进行大量的锻炼
doing lots and lots of high volume exercise,
你就需要购买♥♥许多器材
you need to buy a lot of equipment,
装备和跑鞋等等
a lot of kit, running shoes etc.
这里 只要你想 穿着西装都能锻炼
Here, you could do this in your suit if you really wanted to.
可以了吗
OK?
好 如果你想开始 三 二 一
OK, if you want to start pedalling in three, two, one…
很好 尽量踩快一点
OK, and go as fast as you can.
冲刺 冲刺 非常好
Sprinting, sprinting. That’s looking really good.
非常好
Really good.
很棒 很棒 继续加油
Excellent, excellent. Keep it going.
20秒真是漫长啊
20 seconds is quite a long time!
继续 还有五秒
Keep it going! Five seconds to go.
三 二 一
Three, two, one…
停止骑行
And stop pedalling.
-好了 -终于好了
– OK. – OK!
稍微休息一下
Stop there for a bit.
这很不同 好了
That is different! OK…
过去六七年里
Over the past six or seven years
美国 加拿大 以及在英国我的实验室
laboratories in the US, Canada and my laboratory in the UK
都证明这种方法
have all demonstrated that this approach
可以实现许多健康好处 而这些好处正是
achieves many of the health benefits that people expect to get
他们在体育馆锻炼两到三个小时所期待得到的
if they committed two or thee hours to working out in the gym,
但最重要的是 它有很坚实的科学基础
but most importantly, it’s based on strong science.
所以这样一种简短的锻炼
So how can such a short bit of exercise
是如何带来这些好处的呢
have any benefit at all?
这是个神奇的问题 真的
That’s the magic question, really.
这种锻炼的重点是
The key thing about this exercise is
它能够真正分解肌肉中的糖原
it really breaks down the glycogen stores in the muscle
而那正是葡萄糖所储存的方式
and that’s really how the glucose is stored.
这是肌肉向血液发出的主要信息
And that’s the key signal from the muscle to the bloodstream
说”我想要更多”
saying, “I need to take up more.”
你基本上是在打破你的静态平衡
You’re basically disturbing your homeostasis,
你动摇了一些东西
you’re shaking things up a bit,
打破了肌肉里的储存器
breaking down storage in the muscle
突然这些肌肉就会想
and then the muscle suddenly thinks,
“也许我需要更多的葡萄糖”
“Perhaps I do need more glucose,”
然后就会从血液中吸取葡萄糖
And sucks it out of the blood.
是的 更妙的是这种方式
Exactly. What’s even better about this type of protocol
不同于走路和慢跑
is that unlike walking or jogging
这两种运动只调动了
where you’re only maybe
20%到30%的肌肉组织
activating 20, 30% of your muscle tissue,
而这个则调动了70%到80%
here you’re activating 70 or 80%,
所以你其实创造了更加强大的运动过程
so you’re really creating a much bigger sync.
三 二 一 开始
Three, two, one, and go!
踩 踩 踩
Go, go, go.
很好 很好
Yes! Yes!
很好 再
That’s right. OK, how about…
坚持一下下
Last bit to go.
三 二 一
Three, two, one,
停下
and stop.
HIT并不适用于每个人
HIT won’t suit everyone.
它时间短 但强度极大
It’s short, but extremely intense.
如果你本身有疾病
If you have a pre-existing medical problem,
在开始之前你应该做个身体♥检♥查
you should have a check-up before you start.
我明白它是如何
I understand how it could
提高你的葡萄糖
improve your glucose
然后提高胰岛素敏感度的
and therefore insulin sensitivity,
尽管我非常想要见证它的发生过程
although I’m obviously going to want to see that actually happen.
但最大摄氧量如何提高呢
But what about the VO2 max?
很难看出
It’s very difficult to see how
我如何能使我的整个心血管系统
I could basically make my whole cardiovascular system fitter
在短时间内更加健康
in such a short period of time.
我觉得这里的关键是
I think the key observation here is,
观察并感受你呼吸的方式
look and feel the way you’re breathing.
你确实让自己全身心地投入了
You really are giving yourself a full body workout there.
有氧适能的改变确实要花费一些时间
It does take longer to get the aerobic fitness changes,
可能要六周 相比而言
maybe six weeks as opposed to two weeks
胰岛素和葡萄糖的改变仅需两周
for the insulin and glucose changes.
但经过这六周锻炼
But after about six weeks of this,
你将会开始
you will begin to get
提高你的最大摄氧量
an improvement in your maximum aerobic capacity.
这绝对很吸引人
I shall be absolutely fascinated.
我持怀疑态度 但想要试一试
I remain sceptical, but I shall give it a good old go.
很好 我要再来最后一轮吗 最后冲刺
Excellent. Shall I have one final burst? Final sprint?
三 二 一 开始
Three, two, one, and go.
好的 速度尽量快
OK, as fast as you can.
继续保持 很好
Keep it going. Excellent.
这看起来很好
That’s looking really good.
继续骑 继续
Keep driving. Keep it going.
-已经一半了 我的腿 -继续加油
– Halfway. Ooh, my legs. – Keep going.
马上就好了 五 四 三
Almost there. Five, four, three,
二 一 你完成了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!