It was me she touched.
她对我没有要求 没有期望 只有爱
No demands, no expectations, just love.
多年前 我上错了火车
All those years ago, I got on the wrong train.
我一直很喜欢你的公♥寓♥
I’ve always liked your flat.
住着还舒服吗
Does it still suit you?
挺合适的
It does the job.
为什么人们一定要有这么大的房♥子
Why do people have to have such big houses?
一个人真正需要的空间其实很小
One needs so little really.
我妈说你想让她签什么东西
Mom says you want her to sign something.
是的
Yes.
最好还是把事情都解决干净了
It is better to have things sorted out.
她想跟你一起签字
She wants to do it with you.
她说如果你们一起坐下来 她会签的
She says she’ll sign the papers if you do it together.
她想大闹一场 但是我不会听的 杰米
She wants to make a scene, but I won’t be drawn in, Jamie.
这没有意义
There’s no point.
她说她会控制自己的
She says she’ll behave herself.
如果她想我们一起签字
If she wants us to sign together,
最好是去律师办公室签
it had better be the solicitor’s office.
但这是最后一次
But it’s the last time.
你转告她吧
Tell her if you can.
最后一次见面
The last time.
快来 狗狗
Come on, puppy.
劳伦斯·比尼恩诗作部分翻译源自网络
“他们不再老去 而我们日渐衰老
“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
他们不再为耄耋所难 不再为残年所累
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
每当夕阳西下 每当晨光熹微
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
我们将永远铭记他们”
we will remember them.”
我们将永远铭记他们
We will remember them.
你好啊 杰米
Oh, hello, Jamie.
你来了
You’ve come.
你好啊
Hello.
你是谁呀
Who are you?
他是不是很可爱
Isn’t he adorable.
他超热情的
He’s so affectionate.
他可比我那些镇定剂更管用
Oh, he does me more good than all my tranquilizers.
他叫什么名字
What’s his name?
爱德 爱德
Eddie, Eddie.
来我这 爱德
Come here, Eddie.
来我这 宝贝
Come here, boy.
妈妈 你不能叫他爱德
Mother, you can’t call him Eddie.
为什么不行
Why not?
他全名叫爱德华
His name is Edward.
就 显得有点太刻意了
Just… well, it’s such a give away.
刻意什么
What does it give away?
看 我正在训练他
Look, I’m training him.
你看
Look.
别动 爱德华
Stay, Edward.
别动
Stay.
妈妈 你这样太尴尬了
Mom, it’s so embarrassing.
你真棒
Oh, good boy.
为什么
Why?
我又不尴尬
I’m not embarrassed.
你尴尬什么
Why should you be embarrassed?
你又在写你的诗集了吗
Have you gone back to your anthology?
没有
Oh, no.
我不会再写了
I’m not doing that anymore.
真可惜
That’s a pity.
我感觉挺不错的
Thought it sounded good.
不 你才没有
No, you didn’t.
你就想让我有事可做
You thought it gave me something to do.
哪有 我们都需要找点事做
Well, we all need something to do.
这又没什么可丢人的
There’s no disgrace in that.
那你最近怎么样
So how are you?
你的恋爱进展如何
How’s your love life?
私密
Private.
看来你还是单身
Uh, so you’re still on your own.
午饭简单吃点
Lunch is going to be very basic.
我很好奇为什么
Wonder why.
你为什么不找个人一起生活
Why you haven’t found anyone.
你看起来很正常啊
You look perfectly normal.
这不关我的事
This isn’t about me.
和你有关系
Yes, it is.
如果你不懂怎么让别人爱上你
If you’re no good at making people love you,
那就是我的错 对吧
that’s my fault, isn’t it?
或者是爱德华的错 因为他老是私下哭泣
Or Edward’s fault for being such a sneaking sniveling
总为自己找借口
excuse for a man.
我希望你别这样说
I wish you wouldn’t do that.
我希望他没那样做
I wish he wouldn’t do that.
也许我应该把这些寄给我爸
Maybe I should take some of this post to Dad.
这些看起来都很重要
It looks quite important.
如果他想要 他大可以过来拿
If he wants them, he can come and get them.
今天是阵亡将士纪念日
It was Remembrance Day service today.
十分感人 你知道吧
It was very moving, you know.
我最近一直在想那两场战争
I found myself thinking about the two wars and the wives
想着在家苦苦等待的妻子们和母亲们
and the mothers waiting at home and the telegrams
当她们收到战争办公室发来的电报
from the war office telling them that their husbands
收到她们丈夫和儿子战死的消息
and sons were dead.
我能想象那有多么痛苦
I thought how terrible that must have been.
但这比我失去爱德华时的那种痛苦
And yet it was somehow easier to bear than losing Edward the way
要好受得多
I’ve lost him.
我一下子就想通了
And then all at once I saw it.
这就是我们的战争
This is our war.
当今社会的寡妇和孤儿就是这么产生的
This is what makes widows and orphans nowadays.
只不过没有墓地 没有阵亡将士纪念日
Only there aren’t any graves or Remembrance Day services.
我们也不能哀悼
We’re not allowed to mourn.
所以你瞧 我还是不能好好面对
So you see I’m not really coping after all.
快走 爱德
Come on, Eddie.
快
Come on.
我们走 爱德
Let’s go, Eddie.
快走
Come on.
就是这
There it is.
真棒
Good boy.
宝贝
Boy.
我们进去
Let’s go.
快来
Come on.
阿克斯顿夫人 惠塔科姆先生在等您
Mrs. Axton, Mr. Whitacomb’s expecting you.
我父亲已经到了吗
Has my father arrived?
还没有
Not yet.
我带您进去吧
I’ll take you through.
我们办公室不允许宠物进去
We don’t allow dogs in the office.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
有多抱歉
How sorry?
什么
I’m sorry?
我的天呐
My goodness.
你很抱歉
You are sorry.
没关系
Never mind.
会过去的
It’ll pass.
请跟我来
If you’d like to follow me.
感谢您能来
Thank you for coming in.
我 我是彼得·惠塔科姆
Oh, I’m… I’m Peter Whitacomb.
我是您丈夫有关此事的委托人
I’m acting for your husband in this matter.
阿克斯顿先生希望这一切都能处理妥当
Mr. Axton wishes everything to be done properly.
您请坐
Do take a seat.
你也许能合法处理
You may be able to do everything legally,
但我不见得你能处理妥当
but I don’t see how you can do it properly.
妈妈 你答应过的
Mom, you promised.
好吧
All right.
我会克制自己的
I’ll behave myself.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
我迟到了吗
Am I late?
这是谁
Oh, who’s this?