好
Ok.
你不会
You won’t…
不会的
No.
好
Fine.
我该走了
I should be getting… going.
她会等我 所以
She’ll be waiting for me, so…
那保持联♥系♥
Well then keep in touch.
妈
Mom?
你在这坐了多久了
How long have you been sitting here?
不知道
I have no idea.
和爱德华一样
Just like Edward.
什么
What?
沏茶 这样你就不用说话了
Making tea so you don’t have to talk.
我们边喝茶边说话
We get our tea, and then we talk.
你见过他了
You’ve seen him.
他自己还是和她一起
Alone or with her?
就他自己
Just him.
我没见过她 见了会和你说的
I never met her. I’d have told you.
给他捎我的口信了吗
Did you give him my message?
捎了 他说回不来
Yes. Says he can’t come back.
是不想回
Won’t.
我爱你
这是什么
What’s this?
你觉得呢
What does it look like?
在刀子抽屉里也有
And in the knife drawer.
在电♥话♥留言板上也有
And on the phone message pad.
在他外套口袋里也有
And… and in the pocket of his coat.
干嘛用的
What for?
不知道 可能是因为写完纸条
I don’t know I suppose because while I was writing
藏在他能看到的地方
them and hiding them in all the places
就会让我觉得
where he might find them, it made me
我们还有希望
think it really could happen.
好像他真的还会回来
He really would come back.
然后他看到这些纸条 就不会再走了
And then when he found them, he couldn’t go away again.
他和你说他不会回来了
So he told you he won’t.
对
Yes.
那你说什么
What did you say to that?
我能说什么
Well, what could I say?
你可以说 你是混♥蛋♥
You could say you bastard,
你是个杀手 是家庭破坏者
you murderer, you home wrecker.
我没说
Well, I didn’t.
为什么
Why not?
你觉得他有权做这些吗
Do you think he’s entitled to do what he’s doing?
轮不到我管
That’s not for me to judge.
为什么
Why not?
如果你看到一个男人当街打死一个女人
If you saw a man beating a woman to death in the street,
你就轻轻地说一句 轮不到你管吗
would you walk on by, say that’s not for me to judge?
这不一样
That’s not how it is.
杰米 这是一场谋杀
This is a murder, Jamie.
不要因为没有流血
Just because there’s no blood,
你就觉得这不是谋杀
don’t think it’s not a murder.
他正在杀掉一个婚姻
He’s murdering a marriage.
婚姻不会流血 但也是谋杀
Marriages don’t bleed, but it’s still murder.
说这些没用
I don’t think it helps to talk like that.
那你告诉我说什么有用
Tell me how to talk so it does help.
婚姻破裂 时刻都在发生
Marriages break down. It happens all the time.
没人希望这样但事实如此
Nobody wants it to happen but it does,
我们必须与之共处
and we have to live with it.
这是什么话
Oh, what sort of talk is that?
时刻都有孩子饿死
Children are starving to death all the time,
但这并不意味着没关系
but it doesn’t make it all right.
但是我们得接受这件事
But we live with it.
如果是我的孩子就不行
Not if it was my child.
如果是你就不行
Not if it was you.
如果是你饿死
If it was you starving to death,
我会牺牲自己来救你
I’d let myself die first to save you.
你对此有所怀疑吗
Do you doubt that?
不
No.
这是我的婚姻 我会不惜一切去挽救
Well, this is my marriage, and I’ll do anything to save it.
我希望你可以帮我
And I’m asking you to help me.
他就是这么做的
It’s what he does.
他也不肯看着我
He won’t look at me.
我不是他 妈妈 好吧
I’m not him, Mom, all right.
你就像他一样离我远去
Well, you’re walking away just like he did.
他真的离开了
He actually walked away.
沿路走啊 走啊 走啊
Trot, trot, trot down the road.
愚蠢的手提箱
Stupid suitcase.
你有手提箱吗
Have you got a suitcase?
我还在这 不是吗
I’m here, aren’t I?
但是你想离开
But you want to walk away.
你想 不是吗
You do, don’t you?
我不能
I can’t.
为什么不
Why not?
你怕万一我出什么事 你会内疚吗
‘Case something happens to me, you feel guilty?
我不会出事的
Nothing’s going to happen to me.
这正是我不能忍♥受的
That’s what I can’t bear.
一个人的时候 好像一切都静止了
When you’re alone, things stop happening.
那是因为你不出门
That’s because you stay in.
我希望你别这样
I wish you wouldn’t.
我应该多出去走走 是吗
I should go out more, should I?
参加一个读书小组
Join a book group.
那总比你坐在楼梯上强
It beats sitting on the stairs.
你坐楼梯上是在干嘛
What was that about?
我不停地上楼下楼
I was going up or coming down.
我也记不清了
I don’t remember.
我就在想 上楼下楼有什么分别呢
I just thought what difference does it make.
我还不如就坐在楼梯口
I might as well just stop here.
在你可以看到门的地方吗
Where you can see the door?
是啊 你真聪明 杰米
Yeah, it’s rather clever of you, Jamie.
这就是你不出门的原因吗
Is that why you don’t go out?
因为你觉得他随时都可能回来
Because you think maybe he’ll walk back through that door?
他可能会的
He might.
妈
Mom.
来吧
Come on.
我们出门吧
Let’s get you out of here.
他跟我说他决定把房♥子给你
He told me he’s decided you can have the house.
是吗
Oh, has he?
我想 他认为这样就会让一切都好起来
I suppose he thinks that makes everything all right.
我觉得 他是真的想做点什么
Think he really wants to do what he can.
所以 他告诉你要把房♥子给我
So he told you I could have the house.
是的
Yes.
可是他没跟我讲
Well, he hasn’t told me.
他想让我告诉你
He wanted me to tell you.
我不管他想什么
I don’t care what he wanted.
如果他想做什么与我有关的决定
If he wants to make arrangements that affect me,
他可以自己回来跟我说
he can come and talk to me himself.
我不会让他把你当成传话筒
I won’t have him using you as a messenger boy.
我不能接受他做这些事却不征求我的意见
Can’t stand the way he does all this without consulting me.
为什么打不通
Why isn’t it working?
他换了电♥话♥号♥码
He’s changed his number.
他换号♥码了吗
He’s changed his numer?
他跟我说的
He told me.
所以他换成新号♥码了
So he’s got a new number.
是的
Yes.
你有他新号♥码吗
Have you got it?
没有
No.
别装傻了 杰米
Don’t be silly, Jamie.
你当然有
Of course, you have.
你撒谎的时候我能看出来
I could always tell when you were lying.
我不能给你
I can’t give it to you.
为什么