没什么用 不是吗
It’s not really working, is it?
你说什么
What did you say?
没用的
It’s not really working.
感谢老天
Thank God.
你终于明白了
You do see it.
我们之间发生了什么
What’s happened to us?
我觉得你说的很对
I think what you said is true.
我一直在逃避
I’ve been walking away.
我一直在逃避事情
I’ve been avoiding things.
谢谢上帝
Thank God.
你终于说出来了
You’re saying it at last.
我想我给不了你想要的
I suppose I felt I can’t give you what you want,
所以我觉得我不是一个很有用的人
so I felt like I’m not very useful person really,
至少对你来说不是
for you at least.
我总是做错事惹你生气
I seem to annoy you and do things wrong.
这让我感觉 很不好
That makes me feel, well, not much good really.
所以我尽量不说 不然会让事情变得更糟
So I try not to talk about it, which only makes it worse.
谢谢上帝
Thank God.
你理解了
You understand.
我一直都在为此祈祷
I’ve been praying for this.
我觉得我们是不同类型的人
I think the truth we’re different kinds of people.
也许这就是我们相处不来的原因
It may just be that we don’t work very well together.
但我们可以
But we can.
如果我们能互相理解 彼此坦诚
If we understand each other and are real with each other
如果你
and if you…
如果我们有毅力去经营 就会做好
if we have the will to make it work, it’ll work.
我知道
I know it.
我不确定我是否有那个毅力
I’m not sure I have that will.
你必须要有
Well, you have to.
婚姻要靠夫妻俩通力合作去维系
Marriages only work because both people want them to work.
我不确定我是否想要那样
I’m not sure I want that.
你不确定你是否想维系我们的婚姻吗
You’re not sure you want our marriage to work?
爱德华 听我说
Edward, listen to me.
这很重要
This is terribly important.
你必须这么做 否则我们的婚姻就完了
You must will or marriage, or it’ll die.
没有折中的办法
There’s no in between.
要么百年之好 要么名存实亡
It’s either alive, or it’s dead.
如果名存实亡了呢
What if it’s dead?
那我们就分道扬镳
Then we go our separate ways.
没人会留着一份名存实亡的婚姻
No one can live in a dead marriage.
也许我们就该这样 分道扬镳
Maybe that’s what we should do, go our separate ways.
但我们的婚姻还在啊
But it isn’t dead.
你觉得我们的婚姻名存实亡了吗
Do you think it’s dead?
我不认为
Well, I don’t.
对我来说还没有
It’s not dead for me.
我是你妻子
I’m your wife.
你是我丈夫
You’re my husband.
你想对我说什么都行
You can say anything you want to me,
世上的任何事
anything in the whole world.
我想离开
I want to leave.
离开
Leave?
对
Yes.
去哪
Leave to go where?
有另一个人
There’s someone else.
另一个人
Someone else?
对不起
I’m sorry.
怎么会有 另外一个人
How can there be some… someone else?
什么意思 谁啊
What someone else?
一个学生的家长
A parent at school.
你不认识
You don’t know…
什么学生家长
What parent at school?
她叫安吉拉·沃克
Her name’s Angela Walker.
我也没想到会这样
I didn’t mean it to happen.
是个意外 但已经发生了
It was an accident, but it’s happened.
意外
An accident?
是一个怎样的意外
How was it an accident?
我见她是想谈谈她儿子的问题
I met her to talk over her son’s problems.
她告诉了我她家里的情况
She told me about the situation at home
她孩子的父亲大概一年前离开了
and that the boy’s father left a year or so ago.
她说着说着 变得很情绪化
She became quite emotional.
我说了我能做的事 然后我们就变得亲密
And I said what I could, and that’s how we became close.
变得亲密
Became close?
对
Yes.
有多亲密
How close?
不
No.
我不想听到这些
I don’t want to hear it.
这个意外是什么时候发生的
When did this accident happen?
大概是一年前
About a year ago.
一年前
A year ago?
你表现得一切如常
And you went on just the same?
我本应该早点告诉你
I should’ve told you before.
这不是一个意外
But it’s not an accident.
是你人为的
You’re doing it.
你不必这么做
You don’t have to do it.
你可以停手
You can stop doing it.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
我不能
I can’t.
你不是单身
You’re not free?
难道你没意识到吗
Don’t you realize that?
这个女人是失去了丈夫
This woman may have lost her husband,
但她没权利抢走我的丈夫
but that doesn’t give her the right to take mine.
爱德华 这太荒唐了
Edward, this is ridiculous.
你必须要知道
You must see that.
还是说你只是想吓唬我
Or are you just doing this to give me a fright
让我表现好点
to make me behave better?
不是
No.
杰米知道吗
Does Jamie know?
知道一些
Some of it.
早餐的时候我告诉他了
I told him at breakfast.
你告诉了杰米
You told Jamie?
我知道这让人很震惊
I know this is all a shock.
但我相信你能明白这样是最好的结果
But I do truly believe you’ll come to see it’s for the best.
最好的结果
For the best?
我不能对你好 格蕾丝
I’m no good for you, Grace.
我给不了你想要的
I didn’t give you what you want.
因为对于我想要的 你根本就没努力
You don’t give me what I want because you’re not even trying.
你设法去逃避
You found a way to sneak out of it.
我不会让你得逞的
Well, I won’t let you.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我已经决定了 我心意已定
I’ve made up… I’ve made up my mind.
你得取消这个决定 对吧
Well, you’ll have to unmake it, won’t you?
这个决定和我有关
This decision involves me.
你必须和我商量
You have to consult me.
别这么做 格蕾丝
Don’t do this, Grace.
这样只会越来越糟
It’ll only make it worse.
你不能在29年后一走了之
You can’t just walk away after 29 years.
你得试试啊
You have to try.
我已经努力了整整29年
I have tried for 29 years.
不
No.
别这么说 这不是你本意
Don’t say that. You don’t mean that.
对
No.
对 我不想那样
No, I don’t mean that.
但你知道咱俩的情况
But you know how it’s been.
我 听着 爱德华
I… look, Edward,
我们有过在坦布里奇的时光
we had Tunbridge.
我们 在杰米小时候
We… when Jamie was little,
在坦布里奇的那些年 是很美好的
those years at Tunbridge, they were good years.
你不能把这一切都拿走
You mustn’t take it all.
不可以
You mustn’t.
会要了我的命
You’ll kill me.