还有危害儿童
Child endangerment.
失陪了
If you’ll excuse me.
克利福德先生
Clifford.
好吧。我能不知道该怎么说
Well, I hardly know what to say.
我从一开始就提醒你要提防着沙兰斯基
I tried to warn you about Szalinski from the very beginning.
对 你说过 查尔斯
Yes, you did, Charles.
说点安慰你的话
And if it’s any consolation to you, the board of directors
董事会一直相信你是对的
believes that you were right all along.
斯特林博士!斯特林博士! 我能把儿子恢复原样
Dr. Sterling! Dr. Sterling, sir, I can reverse my son’s growth.
给我一次机会 先生!我能让他恢复正常
Just give me a chance, sir. I can get him back to normal.
– 你能? – 用什么 沙兰斯基?
– You can? – With what, Szalinski?
用可口可乐瓶?
Coca-Cola bottles?
哼? 也许是口香糖或是绳子?
Hmm? Maybe some chewing gum and twine?
你以为你是谁 敢这样跟他说话?
Just who do you think you are, talking to him like that?
黛安 让我来处理
Diane, let me handle this.
你以为你是谁 敢这样跟他说话?
Who do you think you are, talking to me like that?
克利福德先生 现在的情况必须要我
Clifford, the situation demands that I bring in the people
找些专家和有资格的人
with the expertise and the credentials.
等等 你认为我只是一个满脑子疯狂主意
Wait a second, you think I’m just some guy from Fresno
躲在阁楼的乡巴佬吗?
who tinkered with crackpot ideas in his attic?
好吧 让我告诉你
Well, let me tell you something.
整个国家的基础都是建立在
This whole country is built on the shoulders of people
那些满脑子疯狂主意的
who tinkered with crackpot ideas
躲在阁楼、地下室和后院的乡巴佬的肩上
in attics and basements and backyards.
亚历山大·格林汉姆·贝尔在只有两个房♥间的公♥寓♥里工作
Alexander Graham Bell working in a two-room flat.
年轻人 想说服我
Young man, don’t presume
别站在那儿用那些伟大的理想和伟大的发明家
to stand there and lecture me about great minds
来给我上课
and great inventors.
无论这些年我做了什么 我从来都不是傻瓜…
Whatever I’ve been over the years, I’ve never been a fool…
也从不和傻瓜搅在一起
or been involved with anyone else who is.
我现在当然也不想破例
I certainly don’t intend to start now.
– 查尔斯? – 是的 克利福德先生?
– Charles? – Yes, Clifford?
– 你被解雇了 – 什么?
– You’re fired. – What?
你被解雇了
You’re fired.
那么 沙兰斯基 你打算怎么做
So Szalinski, what have you got in mind
才能在睡觉前让你的孩子恢复正常?
so we can get that kid of yours back to normal size by bedtime?
先生 设备原型在我车上…
Well sir, the prototype’s in the van…
等等 先生们 我们有麻烦了
Hold on folks. We’ve got a problem.
你儿子跑了 他现在有50英尺高
Your son’s escaped, and he’s over 50 feet tall.
不可能!我儿子才14英尺高
That’s impossible. My son’s only 14 feet tall.
– 我来开车 – 那也很高了
– I’ll drive. – That’s still pretty tall.
给我接泰伦斯·惠勒
Yes, get me Terence Wheeler.
有急事
This is an emergency.
他逃跑了?
RADIO DISPATCHER: He broke out?
他挣脱了 还把卡车翻了个底朝天
He busted out of the truck and knocked it completely over.
那他现在在干吗?
RADIO DISPATCHER: What’s he doing now?
他就站在那儿 还在微笑
He’s just standing there. But he’s smiling.
亚当 坐下
Adam, sit down.
尼克 我不认为坐下是个好主意
Nick, I don’t think sitting’s such a good idea.
噢 玩具
– ADAM: Ooh, toys. – (BOTH SCREAM)
他干了什么?
– (SIRENS WAILING) – DIANE: He did what?
把你儿子和保姆放进口袋里走了
Put your son and the baby-sitter in his pocket and left.
他老是这样
He’s always doing that.
我在他口袋里总能发现奇怪的东西
I find the strangest things in his pockets.
韦恩 你认为是什么导致这种生长现象?
Wayne, what do you suppose is causing this growth phenomenon?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他们沿着铜矿公路运送他
They were transporting him along Copper Mine Road.
沿路两边都是高压电线
That runs alongside high-voltage lines.
哦?
Oh?
昨天我给他做午餐时 他坐在微波炉前
Yesterday, when I gave him lunch, he was right near the microwave oven.
你还说过他在看电视突然变大
And, you said the baby grew while he was watching TV.
– 当然! – 我不明白你们在说什么
– Of course! – I don’t understand any of this.
电流磁场
Electromagnetic flux.
所有使用中的电器周围
Around every operating electrical device,
都有磁流
there’s a flux.
就像一个电磁力场
Like an electromagnetic force field.
这正是造成婴儿猛长的原因
That’s what’s causing the baby to grow.
那这个电磁…
Would this electromagnetic…
霓虹灯附近也有电磁场吗?
would it surround neon lights, too?
对 怎么?
Yeah, why?
你儿子 他正朝拉斯维加斯走去
Your kid… He’s headed toward Las Vegas.
噢 不
ALL: Uh-oh.
你没有被解雇 绝对没有
You are not fired, not by a long shot.
这正是我期待已久的机会
This is the opportunity I’ve been waiting for.
斯特林终于做的太过分了
At last, Sterling has gone too far this time.
今晚会开董事会
The board is getting together tonight.
在那之前 我要你继续这事
Until then, I want you on this.
无论如何 都要把局面给我控制住
Whatever it takes, just get the situation under control.
好的 我有一个想法 先生 但我需要军方配合
I did have one thought, sir, but I’ll need military cooperation.
好的 我来想办法
Fine, I’ll get the clearance.
查尔斯 不过… 你一定要为我们处理好这事
Charles, just… just handle this for us.
我们… 我们做的才是对的
We’ll… we’ll do the right thing by you.
据警方通报 有一个巨型生物
MAN: (ON RADIO) Police reports just in say
逃离了政♥府♥管制
that some kind of large creature has just escaped
正向市中心方向移♥动♥
from a government caravan and is heading toward the city.
沙兰斯基太太 如果他朝亮光走
Mrs. Szalinski, if he heads for the lights,
一定会走这条路
he has to come this way.
据我的计算
According to my calculations,
他会保持12.2秒静止不动
he’s gotta hold still for 12.2 seconds.
怎么?
DIANE: What?
他长大了 需要增加照射时间
His increased mass requires a longer period of exposure.
你怎么能指望一个2岁大的孩子
How do you expect to get a two-year-old
会保持12秒一动不动?
to hold still for 12 point anything seconds?
她说的对 博士
She’s right, Doctor.
上个月我们想给他照张相 都没成功
We tried to have his picture taken a month ago. Total bust.
我们正在接近现场 丹
REPORTER: We’re just pulling up now, Dan.
这里聚集了很多警车
There are a lot of police cars gathered.
我去问问情况
We’ll find out what going on.
马上叫医护人员!
MAN: Call the paramedics now!
好了 就在这拍摄
All right, here’s a shot. Okay.
我是康斯坦丝·温特斯 在现场向您报道
CONSTANCE: This is Constance Winters reporting live from the site
这肯定会成为
of what will certainly become
这10年以来最重大的新闻
the most important news story of the decade.
丹 我看见一个巨人…
Dan, I’m seeing a giant…
哦 我的天哪
Oh, my God.
哦 亚当
Oh, Adam.
亲爱的 他看起来不错
Well, honey, he looks okay.
让我来看看
Let me see.
你觉得这会影响他的人生吗?
Do you think this is gonna affect him for life?
我想这种事会毁了这孩子
I mean, something like this could ruin a kid.
亲爱的 我想这能帮他从不同的角度
Honey, it might give him a different perspective,
来审视人生
help him see the big picture.
宝贝 他们在那儿
DIANE: Baby. (GASPING) There they are!
– 大家就位 – 我和你一起 伙计
– Let’s move into position! – I’m with you, pal!
– 救命! – 把我们从这弄下来!
– NICK: Help! – MANDY: Help us down from here!
– 弄下来! – 我们在上面!
– NICK: Get us down! – MANDY: We’re up here!
我们在口袋里!
NICK: We’re up in the pocket!
…在向你实况直播 刚查明这个巨大宝宝名字叫
…Reporting live on the progress of the giant baby
亚当·沙兰斯基 来自滨海社区
who has just been identified as Adam Szalinski from Vista del Mar.
州长来电♥话♥找您 先生
MAN: The Governor’s on the phone for you, sir.
是的 州长
STERLING: Yes, Governor.
他只是个很大的婴儿
He’s a pretty big baby.
我们可以用绳索枪 用绳子捆住他
I can get rope guns. We can shoot ropes over him.
绝对不行!不许向我的宝宝射任何东西
Absolutely not. You are not shooting anything at my baby.
宝宝? 看看他
Baby? Look at him.
嘿 我们是他父母!我们会处理这事
Hey, we’re his parents OK? We’ll handle this.
– 黛安? – 什么事 韦恩?
– Diane? – Yeah, Wayne?
咱们怎么办?
How do we handle this?
准备!
MAN: Ready!
注意!当心!
MAN: Watch out! Look out!