嗨,丽思
I need your help, please.
我需要你的帮助
such a production. such a production
你太有想法了
Why don’t you just stay in the Browx and go to konedy.
为什么你不留在布朗克斯然后去肯尼迪?
I don’t know how to go to a normal school.
我不知道怎样待在普通学校
Why? why? this isn’t a normal school?
为什么?这不是普通学校?
Oh it’s public but it’s like private.
它是公立学校,不过看上去像私立的
dad dad
爸爸 爸爸
I think I can do this.
我觉得我能办到的
Yeah? that’s good. I don’t think I can do this.
那很好,但我不认为我能办到
Yeah you can! you can!
你能的,你能的
just say you’re a long horn truck driver. that’s why I just don’t ever see you.
你就说你是长途货运司机,所以经常看不到你
We’re living with your girl friend now also.
我们现在和你的女朋友住在一起
oh you give me a girl friend?
你怎么给我一个女朋友?
Eva. Eva! oh, that’s not good. Eva is old enough to be my mother.
伊娃。伊娃,不行。伊娃老的都能当我妈了
dad. I just need an address you know, a phone number they can call.
爸,我只需要一个地址。还有一个像样的电♥话♥号♥码
They can’t know I went homeless.
他们不会知道我无家可归
they’ll call the city. and I’ll be locked up again.
否则他们打电♥话♥给社区,我又要被送到教♥养♥院♥了
OK OK
好吧 好吧
Mr. Murray. I’m Peter. Peter Phinidy
I never actually married Lizzy’s mother.
事实上我从没和丽思的妈妈结过婚
sit down please.
来坐下来
I’m gratefully taking my daughter in this pretty nice place.
我很高兴能带我女儿来这个漂亮的地方
we are still new.
这学校是新办的
we have a big ambition
不过我们有宏伟的目标
yeah, so is Liz I guess. She’s a feminist.
哦,那丽思也是,她是个女权主义者
I’m expecting you know it already.
我已经开始期待了
her mother was beautiful actually. like a movie star. her mother was also a kind of a feminist too. or something.
她母亲很漂亮,像个电影明星,也是一个女权主义者
anyway I thought when I met her she was just , you know, spirit. but actually she was completely insane.
当我第一次见到她时,她很活跃,但事实上是有些狂躁
we need you to sign right here.
麻烦你在这签字
and give us contect information address and phone number
请给我正确的地址信息和电♥话♥号♥码
university avenue 3458
大学路3458
is that an apartment? yeah 2b
那是个公♥寓♥吗?
3b3b yeah that’s right.
that’s right. we moved upstairs.
没错,我们搬到楼上了
phone number?
电♥话♥号♥码?
718…
…555 …555
…557…67…5555767
sorry my memery my mind totally short.
不好意思,我记忆不太好
so that’s it? I gotta stuff to do.
就这样吧,我还有别的事要做
thanks for coming. thank you
can I start now?
我能开始了吗?
It’s refreshing to have someone who wants to come to school.
听到有人想上学真是让人振奋
I’m gonna walk him out.
我送他出去
all right. Oh, they give tokens to you?
哦,他们给你零用钱吗?
No I gotta a job
不是,我找了份工作
Yeah, I remember when you were a kid you used to beg grossories down the *** road and put the food in fridge.
我记得你小时候去弗伦路乞讨然后把食物放进冰箱
How old were you? 8
I’m not a people person. you understand that.
我是不受欢迎的,你知道的
I’m not a people person. Liz There’s nothing to do with you. you know. It’s not personal.
我不受欢迎,跟你是没关系的,你知道那不是针对你的
you came today though.
但你今天来了
I love you dad.
我爱你,爸爸
oh don’t do that. don’t love me. It wastes of energy.
不要那样,别爱我,那是在浪费精力
You when I was little. you were the most interesting thing in my world.
在我小时候,你是我世界里最有趣的人
everyone around was just talking about drugs or sex or you know, just trying to survive the day.
身边的每个人都在谈论毒品、性,试着撑过每一天
but you always had ideas
但你总有思想
it’s because of you I know there’s another way of being.
因为你,我才知道有另一条生存的路
Are you ok?
你还好吗?
Yeah yeah, I’m fine. they take care of me find at the shelter
我很好,收♥容♥所♥的人照顾我很好
actually I’m gonna get my own apartment
事实上我很快就有自己的公♥寓♥了
you know they like to do that. you can come and stay with me, visit me, any time
他们愿意这么做,你随时可以到我这边来
you own an apartment
你有个公♥寓♥?
yeah they like to do that. they keep people like me at the shelters.
他们乐意那样做,把我这样的人隔离在收♥容♥所♥里
you know the people the patience. people with AIDS
你知道我们这些病人 得艾滋的病人
Hey, listen, no no no a lot is changing. I’ve got all these medicines now and I’m clean
听着,许多事情变了。我服用了很多药,现在已经痊愈了
so I’m gonna live forever.
所以我想我会活下去
I’ll be fine. I’m gonna live forever.
我很好 我会活下去的
stay in school.
好好上学
I blew this, but you can do this.
我做不到,但你能做到
Goff Tanken. remember the main. anyboday? Frank O’ prushen woorf? Yo
Do you get BISMARCK?
找到俾斯麦那一页了吗?
You didn’t get BISMARCK. I didn’t get BISMARCK, either. I thought BISMARCK was a kind of roll.
Kaiser roll. so is BISMARCK a kaiser?
stop talking about food. you’re making me hungry.
别谈论食物了,我都饿了
Dav, are we getting textbooks next year? ’cause I’m keeping losing these things.
我们今年会发教科书吗?因为我总是弄丢这些活页
emmm… textbooks.. why don’t we use textbooks? anyone?
额,教科书。为什么我们不用教科书,有人知道吗?
too heavy?
因为太重了?
They are, but not cigar (a kind of sugar)
的确这样,但是没有香烟糖
they’re too expensive. the school is too poor.
太贵了,而学校太穷了
I’m keeping my cigars today.
看来今天我要自己留着香烟糖了
you new girl.
你,新来的
her name is Liz
她的名字叫丽思
Yeah dav. she’s been here a week. try to remember.
大卫,她都来一周了你还不记得她的名字
Liz, sue me
丽思,控告我吧
textbook text…book…
教科书 教科…书
open it up
打开它
what did you see? words
里面有什么? 文字
what kind of words?
什么样的文字?
the words of the author.
作者的文字
NO NO this is important. and what we have here?
不,不,那不重要 我这里是什么
a lot of other people’s words
许多其他人的文字
why do I wannt you to have them
为什么我要你们看它?
because one point of view gives you a one-dimensional world
因为一种观点给你一种世界的认知
cigars cigars! BISMARCK. marks the guy who sold me the babble gums cigars.
香烟糖!香烟糖!俾斯麦! 卖♥♥给我糖果的家伙,香烟糖!
why one earth would we confine ourselves to his story——history
为什么把我们局限于这段故事呢?历史…
but isn’t that the deal day? I mean is there official history?
那有什么办法?我的意思是那不是国家的要求吗?
NO girl tell him what history is.
不,孩子,告诉他历史是什么?
history is all of us. all our stories count.
历史是,我们全体,我们所有的经历都是历史
that’s is. grab your papers. I’ll be in the launch if you wanna talk about it.
就这样,拿着你的讲义。如果想和我交流来休息室
hey Liz it’s yours
嗨,丽思,那是你的
hey new girl
嗨 新来的
you let me in but you don’t remember my name
你让我入学却不知道我的名字
Oh I remember your name. I just like the others gaining up your side.
我记得你的名字,我只是让其他人站在你这边
you’re pretty smart.
你很聪明
so are you
你也是
you gave me an A-
你给了我一个 A-
yeah I thought it was a very good paper
我认为做的很好
how do i make an A
我怎样才能得到 A
Liz, an A- is an excellent mark. this is your first school work and what? forever?
丽思,A-是很高的分数了,再怎么说也是你第一次作业
if my words count, I want them to be right.
如果我的话有用,我希望你帮忙改正它
OK
好
well, *** is a good one, but …
嗯,写的很好,但是…
what’re you still doing here?
你还在干嘛?
algebra
代数
yeah well, it’s after 11. I’m locking up.
已经11点了,我要关门了
How many classes are you taking?
你上多少门课?
the regular 5, and the saturday programming, the night school, franch and the after school science ten!
必修5门,周六培训,夜校,法语,公共课,科学 十个
now you see why I need the before school maths
现在你知道我为什么要提前学数学了
a lot
太多了
I’m 17. I don’t wanna be 21 before I finish high school.
我17岁了,我不想高中毕业就21了
so you’re trying to do 4-years high school in 3 years?
所以你想3年念完4年课程
两年
you need before school maths, too.
看来你也需要提前学数学了
yeah, you’ll kill yourself you know?
哦,你这是在自杀
NO
不
NO I’m gonna live.
不 我会活的好好的
[monologue] I had it down. the B-train took 70 minutes to do its entire run
我坚持下来了。这B号♥线整个行程是70分钟
[monologue] I’ve been back 4 times, and I would get to school just a little early. and david would let me in.
我已经来回4次了,我知道我能早到学校,这样大卫就能让我进去
[monologue] for the first time my life had some order I can count on
第一次我的生活有了节奏和秩序
Chris?
克里斯?
Chris?Chris?
克里斯 克里斯
what’re you doing here?
你在这干嘛?
hanging out
到处晃晃
what about the home?
教♥养♥院♥怎么样了?
so why don’t you look for me?
那你怎么不来找我?